• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Patron is difficult to play around Mysterious Challenger without executes.

Everyone just vomits on board and hits face.

Patron is difficult to play around Mysterious Challenger without executes.

Everyone just vomits on board and hits face.

people play patron without execute? i'd always have at least one, i use two and a shield slam because you never know when a priest or something is gonna play some silly combo that could end you quickly, and there's tons of pings but few big damage sources in the deck i want to sacrifice to kill those big death threats. its better to sacrifice an aoe or shitty minion and a card slot to kill a strong threat when you're in that awkward 'waiting for combo...' phase that can last eternity sometimes

clav

people play patron without execute? i'd always have at least one, i use two and a shield slam because you never know when a priest or something is gonna play some silly combo that could end you quickly, and there's tons of pings but few big damage sources in the deck i want to sacrifice to kill those big death threats. its better to sacrifice an aoe or shitty minion and a card slot to kill a strong threat when you're in that awkward 'waiting for combo...' phase that can last eternity sometimes

When you don't draw execute, you don't have any.

I think shield slam is required in this meta. Strifecro has been playing without it, but I don't know how he does it even after watching his vods.

I feel like in this meta, if you don't play minion cards, you are dead. Patron is very combo reliant, and if you don't have cards, the game is over by turn 7.

People make fun of Face Hunter even though the other elephants in the room are decks that are just as aggro like it.

johnsmith

remember me
Sad day when zoo is nowhere near close to being the most cancerous deck in the game.

oVlczlL.png

SCAMAZ

lol
IrN6mgD.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
The deck reckful is playing right now is crazy. Seems like a mix of tempo/echo.

And decided to play arena for the first time in weeks. It was a mistake.

Owzers

My hunter came up 1 damage short twice now and lost the game. No quickshot, arcane golems, and only one unleash/knife juggler.

Haunted

Is today Tempo Mage day or something? Build a quick tempo mage/freeze deck to get my 40 spell quest daily done and faced 3 (three) tempo mages in a row.

Fireblend

Banned
I played like 7 games today (started on rank 15) and not one of them was against a Patron Warrior or a Secret Santa. Today was a good day.

I'm still rank 15

What do you guys say, should I replace the Mechanical Yeti with a second Spellslinger for maximum RNG?

q6H8PpA.png

Also, gotta say I'm starting to be a bit disappointed with Polymorph Boar. It just doesn't see that much use (I'm saying this because every time I complain about a card not working on my deck, it proves itself on my next match).

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, never playing arena again. That was awful. Maybe if they quit being assholes and let you pick a pack, but as long as it's random packs there's 0 motivation to do it.

Game is losing it's luster. At this point I'm going to log on for my dailies, and just get to rank 5 every month.

Line_HTX

Yeah, never playing arena again. That was awful. Maybe if they quit being assholes and let you pick a pack, but as long as it's random packs there's 0 motivation to do it.

Game is losing it's luster. At this point I'm going to log on for my dailies, and just get to rank 5 every month.

Oh, the best reward is at Rank 5? And yeah, at this point, I barely do ladder and if Tavern Brawl is fun like this week's, I stick with that for a little bit.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh, the best reward is at Rank 5? And yeah, at this point, I barely do ladder and if Tavern Brawl is fun like this week's, I stick with that for a little bit.

Best reward is legend, but the effort involved in getting legend is too much for 1 extra gold common.

Line_HTX

Best reward is legend, but the effort involved in getting legend is too much for 1 extra gold common.

Yeah, all I'm doing is not playing much and doing the minimum while getting gold. Most of my enjoyment is watching streams like Eloise, Forsen, and Kripp as well as tournaments.

I only got two 60 packs of TGT and haven't gotten much since. The most meaningful card I got was Aviana twice, and I haven't played Druid since January. At least I have Mistcaller, and I wish I got Anubarak... :p

Yea I saw that last night lmao... what a shit show.

So I got a sneed oil shredder.... wtf do i do with this shit just disenchant it?

Keep Sneeds for some RNGod deck or something. I get shenanigans with Sneeds...

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, keep Sneed's. I actually saw him a few times this last week in control warrior, and there's always the possibility one day we'll see an op deathrattle shaman or hunter deck.

5 RIDICULOUS Patron Combos at a Tournament

Disclaimer:Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive.

Line_HTX

Golden Sneed's Old Shredder is the ONLY Legendary that I crafted.

The dream of double Ancestor's Spirit and double Reincarnate... One day... cirGasm triGasm

Dahbomb

Since Ladder is about to end soon I thought it was about time I started on my rank 5 run.

Started at rank 15 and mostly win streaked to rank 9 today with Grim Patron.

I think I hit my opponent with a 20+ hit combo at least 8 times in that span. Sometimes I put down double Berserkers even though one Berserker was enough.

Line_HTX

Since Ladder is about to end soon I thought it was about time I started on my rank 5 run.

Started at rank 15 and mostly win streaked to rank 9 today with Grim Patron.

I think I hit my opponent with a 20+ hit combo at least 8 times in that span. Sometimes I put down double Berserkers even though one Berserker was enough.

Perpetuating the Grim Patron Frothing Berserker virus cancer... TABLEFLIP

Dahbomb

Perpetuating the Grim Patron Frothing Berserker virus cancer... TABLEFLIP
IMO anyone who isn't using that deck is doing it wrong. If you really think the deck is bullshit broken then keep playing it and if everyone is playing it then Blizzard has to do something about it. Spread the cancer until it is everywhere!

I am doing my part.

Though be careful what you wish for... nerfed Patron would mean three times as much aggro and even more dumb decks with 1 health minions zerging you down. That is the cost of bringing down Patron.

Ketch

Is there anything more satisfying then killing someone when you're down 17 to 6 and they've been spamming 'well played' all game?

high-five doom guard, you're the best.

IMO anyone who isn't using that deck is doing it wrong. If you really think the deck is bullshit broken then keep playing it and if everyone is playing it then Blizzard has to do something about it. Spread the cancer until it is everywhere!

I am doing my part.

Though be careful what you wish for... nerfed Patron would mean three times as much aggro and even more dumb decks with 1 health minions zerging you down. That is the cost of bringing down Patron.

Does it though? I think we get a shitload of aggro anyway.

At least with patron out of the picture people could tech better against those decks. At the moment if you try to do that patron just sits there drawing cards until it is bs time.

clav

I am doing my part.

At least the deck doesn't run Dr. Boom.

Line_HTX

I am doing my part.

Maybe they should nerf Paladin and buff Mage, Rogue, and Shaman and have face decks of those classes. eloiseFAESH

Mage is not on the level of Shaman and Rogue, they have three (four? is kibler dragon mage good) viable decks and Mech Mage has been tier 1 a few times in tempostorm's list recently

I would say Mage, Warrior and Warlock are the strongest classes going by how many good decks they have had over the history of the game, even

clav

Mage is not on the level of Shaman and Rogue, they have three (four? is kibler dragon mage good) viable decks and Mech Mage has been tier 1 a few times in tempostorm's list recently

Plus Mage is the starting character.

People are afraid of branching out to a different hero.

Dahbomb

Buff wise they only need to do something about Shaman. The RNG and Overload mechanics plus Blizzard not knowing whether they want Shaman to use Murlocs, overload cards or totem cards is really holding the class back severely.

johnsmith

remember me
No, rogue needs help too. It's been a year since the miracle nerf, and the only viable rogue deck is still just a weaker version of miracle.

Dahbomb

No, rogue needs help too. It's been a year since the miracle nerf, and the only viable rogue deck is still just a weaker version of miracle.
Rogue needs side grades, not buffs to existing decks (ie. Oil Rogue which is fine as it is).

I guess in that regard Rogues do need help too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Golden Sneed's Old Shredder is the ONLY Legendary that I crafted.

The dream of double Ancestor's Spirit and double Reincarnate... One day... cirGasm triGasm

I love when you get super value gold cards. Golden unstable portal and spellslinger are the best as you technically get ALL THE GOLDS.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just bring back Miracle.

I want to see Miracle vs Patron.

clav

Regular Blingtron gives gold weapons too.

Golden Shredders are also super-value gold, since you get all the gold 2 drops and you're gonna throw 2 into every midrange deck.

Golden Ball of Spiders is fun to run in a Midrange Hunter since you get 3 golden cards.

clav

Begrudgingly went back to the first ladder deck (Midrange Paladin with no Tirion) that I have tweaked numerous times since playing.

Completely destroyed a Secret Paladin.

Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom