• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Priest is basically aggro Priest.

Dragon Priest isn't aggro, it's more tempo. That being said, I actually did lose to an Aggro Priest once. Caught me off guard, and by the time I knew what was going on, he had already done so much damage that it was too late to recover. I doubt the deck has any sort of consistency, but it at least worked that one time.

Xanathus

Also great as a Patron! XD

Side note: I cannot wait for this Brawl to end. It's sooooo Warlock-focused that it drives all fun from it.

The smart players play Freeze Mage in the Brawl. 100% win rate so far with it out of 7 games. Oh forgot 1 loss, but that was against another Freeze Mage.

The smart players play Freeze Mage. 100% win rate so far with it out of 7 games.

I detest Freeze Mage so much that I refuse to play it. It's such an anti-fun deck. As many gripes as I have with Blizzard and their ideologies sometimes, I agree with them that decks which take away interactivity are not fun to play against.

Line_HTX

The smart players play Freeze Mage. 100% win rate so far with it out of 7 games. Oh forgot 1 loss, but that was against another Freeze Mage.

But I thought that Freeze Mage gets hard countered by Warriors.

There are hardly any streams on because everyone's at TwitchCon...

:Z

Xanathus

But I thought that Freeze Mage gets hard countered by Warriors.

There are hardly any streams on because everyone's at TwitchCon...

:Z

I was referring to the brawl. Also if Blizzard nerfs Patron to the point that it becomes unplayable, the dark horse that no one expects that is going to rise is Freeze Mage.

Santiako

I was referring to the brawl. Also if Blizzard nerfs Patron to the point that it becomes unplayable, the dark horse that no one expects that is going to rise is Freeze Mage.

If patron drops, players that love warrior will probably switch to control warrior, a deck that has about a 95% win rate against freeze mage.

but most will switch to cancer, so freeze mage will indeed rise :p

Xanathus

I've been playing a lot of Control Warrior lately, so I wouldn't mind this at all.

If patron drops, players that love warrior will probably switch to control warrior, a deck that has about a 95% win rate against freeze mage.

If Patron is nerfed, Demon Zoo and Midrange Paladin will rise up and Control Warrior has an unfavorable matchup against those so Control Warrior will probably fall out of meta. Oh and not to mention Combo Druid.

Line_HTX

I'm sorry. I did not notice you were talking about Tavern Brawl. Whoops.

I hope the dark horse is Rogue. Rogues could use some buffing here and there. :p

No, please not Demon Zoo or any Zoo. Zoo and AIDSdin are the worst.

Rockyrock

is anyone even still playing Patron?

I haven't seen a single one on ladder in good week or 2, seriously. It's 50% Christmas Pally out there.

Fishlake

I got a second Coldarra Drake yesterday. Now I'm playing Ragnaros mage and having a blast. It is such a fun concept. So far i have only gotten the Ragnaros Coldarra combo once but the amount of damage you do is amazing. It s also doing fairly well even without that combo. Got up to rank 14 just playing for fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Patron has never been super common on ladder, but later in the season all the people serious about it are already in legend.

LOL, why is it called Christmas Pally? Is it because of all the secrets?

Yeah, forming a tree around his head. Also see Secret Santa a lot, but I still like calling it Riddler.

If more really strong midrange cards (4-5 cost minions) get introduced which forces patrons to use their combo pieces to fight for board control or otherwise lose, it would be a pretty big blow to the deck. That might affect the meta in other ways, though.

And I've said battle rage is what really makes the deck work, it's a more consistent draw engine than gadgetzan ever was. Raise the cost of battle rage by 2 and it would be a pretty substantial nerf to the deck, even without touching the cards people normally complain about.

But honestly having both frothings + a warsong + several activators in your hand and then getting to emperor it isn't the case people should base their balancing arguments around.

Actually, raising the attack of the patron to 4 might be the smartest nerf they could do
4Head.png

Line_HTX

The Twitch CEO just gave a shoutout to GOIN' FACE during his keynote speech at Twichcon.

eloiseFAESH ME GIVE A FUCK IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME eloiseFAESH

I feel Druid drafts, in TGT, depend so much on whether you get Living Roots/Innervate/Druid of the Saber/Darnassus/Z Chow (maybe Piloted Shredder too) and some big removals like Mulch and Starfire. If you can't start fast, you probably won't last long, because you don't have broken cards like Paladin to swing the board or bounteous removals. If you get the fast start and the big removals though, Druid can be devastating.

mxgt

Banned
That feel when you just don't want to play this game any more.

New expansion, so many new cards and ladder is the same old shit only with a new extra cancerous deck.

It's just so tragic.

Edit: Actually, dragon priest is probably the only good thing to come out of TGT.

Dre

That's easier said than done, a lot of people will not be able to switch from a 1k dust deck to a 12k dust deck.

That feel when you just don't want to play this game any more.

New expansion, so many new cards and ladder is the same old shit only with a new extra cancerous deck.

It's just so tragic.

Edit: Actually, dragon priest is probably the only good thing to come out of TGT.

I get that feeling every once in a while. But then I take a break for a day or two, or sometimes a couple hours and give it another go and feel like I've made a good choice.

clav

I feel Druid drafts, in TGT, depend so much on whether you get Living Roots/Innervate/Druid of the Saber/Darnassus/Z Chow (maybe Piloted Shredder too) and some big removals like Mulch and Starfire. If you can't start fast, you probably won't last long, because you don't have broken cards like Paladin to swing the board or bounteous removals. If you get the fast start and the big removals though, Druid can be devastating.

Also Mages suck.

Pooya

Well there is a solution to being bored of ladder, don't play ladder instead play...

arena.... maybe not have gold or don't like losing to ridiculous decks? fine then play
brawl... that sucks, right so play
casual mode... well sometimes it's not horrific or just ladder coward try hards. so well play...errr.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
you can always make weird/fun decks to fight friends with

except there are no goddamn deck slots so you have to delete everything to make room.

It seems minor but yeah, it's actually really annoying to set up when I have to wipe actual decks I use for a few fun matches then recreate them.

It's the worst just after new adventures are released. Trying to beat that ridiculous heroic boss and need to try multiple different strategies before you find the right one? Just delete all of your ladder decks to make room for some gimmick bullshit that only works against one specific thing. Then, when you log in to do dailies the next day, you accidentally queue into a ranked match with said gimmick deck and get destroyed.

But that takes. like, work. One click export just feels so nice.

Oh yeah, the export on hearthstone deck tracker is definitely more convenient. But even without that it is pretty minor.

But you're absolutely right about HS deck tracker. I haven't used the export function much but I should now. It makes that terribly minor inconvenience practically non-existent since you don't even have to do pretty much anything at all.

Hell, importing and exporting decks to and from hearthstone deck tracker practically makes extra deck slots irrelevant.

God damn I love beating face hunters and patrons. So damn satisfying to see their strategy get wrecked. Makes all my losses worth it.

Edit - woo, made level 15 (highest I've been I think)

Tacitus_

Yeah, I think it's time I actually start using a deck tracker. Just extra convenience.

I started using it so I could relax more while playing as it took care of tracking my and my opponents draws (well his played cards). So much easier to make a play when you don't have to wonder if that mage already played a fireball or not.

Dahbomb

kolento just got killed having 30 health with no minions on board by double frothing berserker combo, balanced indeed
laugh.gif
I think the worst thing I ever saw was when it was Trump's CW against I believe Zalae Grim Patron.

For 2-3 turns, Trump did nothing but clear the board and play no minions on board plus armoring up to avoid the OTK. He had Dr Balanced but didn't even play that out of fear of the combo. His armor total was also fairly high.

But all of his precautions didn't actually matter he died anyway.

The other disgusting Grim Patron play was when it managed to win through 22 HP worth of taunts of a Handlock and then killed the Handlock anyway.

Line_HTX

Patron has never been super common on ladder, but later in the season all the people serious about it are already in legend.

Yeah, forming a tree around his head. Also see Secret Santa a lot, but I still like calling it Riddler.

I'm pretty sure you have have more than 5 different secrets in play, but yeah, I see it now.

Maybe they should convert Mysterious Challenger into Mage only and make it 5 mana 5/5.

Ho ho ho. :p

Mulgrok

Almost afraid to use my cancerous arena paladin draft:

1 x Avenge
1 x Blessing of Might
1 x Competitive Spirit
1 x Cogmaster
1 x Leper Gnome
1 x Southsea Deckhand
1 x Argent Lance
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 x Gilblin Stalker
1 x Loot Hoarder
1 x Mad Bomber
3 x Shielded Minibot
1 x Ship's Cannon
1 x Muster for Battle
1 x Acolyte of Pain
1 x Aldor Peacekeeper
1 x Dragonhawk Rider
2 x Truesilver Champion
2 x Hammer of Wrath
1 x Evil Heckler
1 x Murloc Knight
1 x Bomb Lobber
1 x Fen Creeper
1 x Pit Fighter
1 x Guardian of Kings
1 x North Sea Kraken

EDIT: Wish I had a couple Divine Favor instead of hammer of wrath :p

clav

Almost afraid to use my cancerous arena paladin draft:

1 x Avenge
1 x Blessing of Might
1 x Competitive Spirit
1 x Cogmaster
1 x Leper Gnome
1 x Southsea Deckhand
1 x Argent Lance
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 x Gilblin Stalker
1 x Loot Hoarder
1 x Mad Bomber
3 x Shielded Minibot
1 x Ship's Cannon
1 x Muster for Battle
1 x Acolyte of Pain
1 x Aldor Peacekeeper
1 x Dragonhawk Rider
2 x Truesilver Champion
2 x Hammer of Wrath
1 x Evil Heckler
1 x Murloc Knight
1 x Bomb Lobber
1 x Fen Creeper
1 x Pit Fighter
1 x Guardian of Kings
1 x North Sea Kraken

EDIT: Wish I had a couple Divine Favor instead of hammer of wrath :p

Where's Tirion?

That card can carry Paladins in Arena. Trade everything and then play it.

Mulgrok

Where's Tirion?

That card can carry Paladins in Arena. Trade everything and then play it.

3-0 so far without even trying... this deck is playing itself

EDIT: 4-0 just went face and murloc knight spawning murloc knight for extra cancer

EDIT2: just barely lost to mage who used blizzard, flamestrike, and swamp oozed my truesilver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom