• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Played against a legend-ranked player on ladder tonight, I'm Rank 8. Da fuq?

You can't be demoted after reaching the legend rank, but going on a losing streak will see you facing up against people from lower ranks.

9f1c3bd397.jpg

Line_HTX

I miss Miracle.

Maybe there could be some Face Rogue or something, I dunno... Most Rogues now are just too inconsistent... =/

Wow at that picture... Kill them perfect lethal with that Golden Boar.

The Devolution of Hearthstone becoming nothing but Space Marine Orcs.

If it works, it works... But damn... lol

Sometimes its nice to do some fast warrior dailies. Still like and play my Dragon Mage much more, i can only go face so many times a day before i feel my IQ dropping.

IMO anyone who isn't using that deck is doing it wrong. If you really think the deck is bullshit broken then keep playing it and if everyone is playing it then Blizzard has to do something about it. Spread the cancer until it is everywhere!

I am doing my part.

Though be careful what you wish for... nerfed Patron would mean three times as much aggro and even more dumb decks with 1 health minions zerging you down. That is the cost of bringing down Patron.

they both seem like terrible options, so idk if there is a difference

zoukka

Divine Favor needs to be nerfed probably. There are no cards that punish aggro decks as much as DF punishes control/midrange/combo. Just dump your shitty 1-drops and draw five for 3 mana! Balanced.

Pooya

Patron keeps meta in a good speed imo. Face decks are destroyed by it, so are too slow fatigue decks like freeze mage. This mid range meta speed we're in is good, we just need more deck variety. The meta definitely isn't as fast now with priests added to the mix too. I certainly don't want to go back to face hunter ladder again. Right now you can play control decks, divine favor is a problem yeah but it's still better than before.

With all the noise reddit is making against patron I guess after tournament season they will nerf something, which is unfortunate. Those dumb secret paladins then would have a even more easier time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I went against a druid the other day that played turn 1 leper gnome.

nothing is sacred anymore. The universal "fuck you" start to a match.

caesar

Banned
IMO anyone who isn't using that deck is doing it wrong. If you really think the deck is bullshit broken then keep playing it and if everyone is playing it then Blizzard has to do something about it. Spread the cancer until it is everywhere!

I am doing my part.

Though be careful what you wish for... nerfed Patron would mean three times as much aggro and even more dumb decks with 1 health minions zerging you down. That is the cost of bringing down Patron.

Fel reaver mech mage will get you to 5 in about 2 hrs serious.

Pooya

Harrison Jones on 3 durability bow is so glorious, just concede already. muhahaha

I hope someday we get a reverse Harrison card, breaking your weapon and drawing cards, would be really cool for rogue or even paladin with muster, how often you use all 4 charges?

Tacitus_

Divine Favor needs to be nerfed probably. There are no cards that punish aggro decks as much as DF punishes control/midrange/combo. Just dump your shitty 1-drops and draw five for 3 mana! Balanced.

Nerf everything until the only viable decks are control decks going to fatigue each game.

zoukka

Nerf everything until the only viable decks are control decks going to fatigue each game.

What are these viable control decks you speak of, sure you do not refer to ladder?

I hope someday we get a reverse Harrison card, breaking your weapon and drawing cards, would be really cool for rogue or even paladin with muster, how often you use all 4 charges?

Yeah let's give cancer paladins more card draw.

manhack

What are these viable control decks you speak of, sure you do not refer to ladder?

The control Priest I was using this month to get to rank 5 went 40-14 with 74% win-rate.

I consider that more than viable.

Also Divine Favor WAS a major pain in the ass during that climb. The only good thing about it was it enabled me to fatigue some of these aggro/secret paladins by clearing the board every time they dumped their hand.

Pooya

It would be a 5 drop or more, it won't exactly have synergy with a low curve divine favor deck.

Alternatively, make it a rogue card, that's fine. 5 mana 5/5, it's like AoL for Rogue. I'd play that over a second sprint.

This patron hate circlejerk on reddit is so annoying, jeez.

This video is hilariously disgusting. Someone at Blizzard needs to nerf the fuck out of this terrible, awful, cancerous deck. Delete Frothing or Warsong, just make it stop. Now.
13 upvotes

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mage is not on the level of Shaman and Rogue, they have three (four? is kibler dragon mage good) viable decks and Mech Mage has been tier 1 a few times in tempostorm's list recently

I would say Mage, Warrior and Warlock are the strongest classes going by how many good decks they have had over the history of the game, even

History of the game means nothing in terms of balance. What matters is how everything is currently.

Currently Mage is tier 2.

Other classes need more help like Rogue and Shaman. Mage is not tier 1 though. The biggiest issue is it lacks broken card draw that lock, paly, warrior, and priest all have.

Shaman needs a complete overhaul in terms of cards. Rogue just fucked due to the meta and play style. Druid is hard to balance due to the inervate + 2 attack to all minions buff.

I personally think Mage and Priest are balanced about right and the rest need to come back to the pack. Lock always gonna be top tier purely because of the hero power though.

Pooya

yeah, it's really awful, the whole reddit page is just about patron whining these days, hopefully Blizzard isn't making decisions based on that.

does anyone of you play patron at the moment and just cant get wins? I have a terrible winrate with patron at the moment at legend rank and i really dont know why. I'm definitely not new to the deck, really dont know what im doing wrong.

If someone wanna spectate me and give me some tips my BN is Gringoros#2385 on EU.

its obviously the combination of cards and how good they work together.
warsong and frothing existed before patron and noone concidered them OP.
Patron is only good in patron warrior so obviously its the synergy in patron that makes the deck so strong.

Sande

I've had enemy Tuskarr Totemic pull a Totem Golem more than anything else now. You just don't come back from that. Such a horribly designed card.

Pooya

combo is fine, OTK is fine, Emperor is fine, warsong is fine. What is not fine is that we don't have anything in this game to counter combo decks unlike every other card game. I'm not sure what's bad about discard mechanic, I would argue it makes the game more skill based.

Vanillalite

Warsong enables OTK, Frothing performs OTK, Emperor makes OTK ridiculous, battle rage and patron provide consistency.

Drop battle rage and you lose the consistency. Then it's fine because it's just like most all classes. You happen to just have this perfect set of cards and you can pull of something crazy good.

It's all of the fucking card draw that warrior has that makes it so good.

Emperor is the problem. Take him out (activate at start of turn) and patron is still good, will pull off some bullshit wins, but in general will not dominate every tournament.

The other alternative is to add "Queen balanced" who makes all your opponents cards cost +1.

I think that would be a fun addition that also helps against combo druid and any number of decks without killing them.

Ultimately I think the right approach is "give players a choice". That is why face hunter and secret paladin are not a problem. It is trivial to construct a deck to beat them just about every time. But people choose not to, because they want to beat other decks as well.

The Queen gives a choice to shut down Patron.

With all the noise reddit is making against patron I guess after tournament season they will nerf something, which is unfortunate. Those dumb secret paladins then would have a even more easier time.

Imagine the world where blizzard react to things at a normal speed, and adjust MC at the same time.

Pooya

People don't play Nat Pagle anymore and that has more chance of staying alive than Emperor has... that change would remove it from the game. Nerfing Emperor ruins other perfectly fine decks too.

Inverse Emepror would be fine substitute to discard mechanic, make both your hand and theirs cost one more permanently. It's just that divine favor decks will exploit that...

Vanillalite

Emperor works so well because Warrior has a shit ton of card draw. So when players drop Emp it effects a ton of cards even if it is removed asap.

Card draw is the main issue with most classes being OP.

Tacitus_

ppl on Reddit also saying that emperor shouldn't make cards cost zero. idk if that would really change much

I'm a big proponent of this change. If you can't have 0 costs whirlwinds and executes, you stop the nonsense of 3 whirlwind effects buffing double frothings while executing any relevant taunts.

Can you not add people from your last Ranked games anymore? I don't see the option.

Some Hunter just BARELY eeked out a win against my Banana Pally. He needed 6 damage in two cards with an empty board. He top-dicked an Arcane Golem to go alone with his Abusive Sargeant. I wanted to congratulate him, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom