• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arol

Can I have some more friends?

I have the quest to spectate a friend winning plus I would't mind playing with some gaffers from time to time.

Thanks. Just let me know if you do add me.

LaviniaT#1626

The ideal time to ladder is the third week of the month. Late enough that a lot of the obsessive players are already legend, but early enough to miss the try hard agro netdecking you see everyone doing to rush up the ranks.

The more ubiquitous the meta becomes, the easier it is to counter it. For example, I loved the mech mage meta of early gvg because my paladin deck ran all over it and its competitors.

Pooya

Dusted a crowd favorite, master of ceremonies and a recruiter. I hope I don't regret it later, needed the dust. now I have Vol'jin yay. I really don't think these cards will ever be good, some cards you can tell can be good with more pieces but these? are either too specific (read gimmick) or way too slow (recruiter).

Still, I don't like dusting cards unless it's some spare gold one :\

bjaelke

Got a Majordomo from my Paletress against a Control Warrior with a Shieldmaiden on board, Fiery Waraxe equipped and 20+ armor. He emoted well played, traded the Shieldmaiden into my Palatress, shield slammed my Majordomo, went face with the Waraxe and eventually lost. Phew.

Heropon

I make a "for fun" warrior deck with lots of weapons and enhancers and the first opponent I find is a mage with two oozes and Harrison. Of course it stopped being fun pretty fast.

I want to destroy this fucking game.

Dahbomb

I make a "for fun" warrior deck with lots of weapons and enhancers and the first opponent I find is a mage with two oozes and Harrison. Of course it stopped being fun pretty fast.

I want to destroy this fucking game.
*Have fun
*Win

Pick one of the above.

LiveWire

I'm at rank 4 and I don't really have any hope at getting legend.

I think it's best to play just a few games at a time. I try to get a 4-5 win streak and then if I lose two in a row at any point, I take a break and come back later. The worst thing to do is keep playing when you're losing, you will tilt easily (and is why I once went from rank 2 5 stars to rank 8 one season last year.) :(

Copenap

I am still puzzled why X-Mas Tree Paladin is so popular. Out of roughly 15-20 games against them with various decks I am pretty sure I haven't lost a single one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am still puzzled why X-Mas Tree Paladin is so popular. Out of roughly 15-20 games against them with various decks I am pretty sure I haven't lost a single one.

The deck is really beatable. Maybe I am facing people who don't know how to play it or they keep getting bad draws against me, but I am doing quite well against it, anecdotally.
As long as you have a removal ready (I've been playing priest so, SW:D) and 1 minion on the board to trigger the noble sac the secrets aren't so big a deal. Yeah if you don't have the minion and removal you are probably hosed, but it hasn't been too big an issue. I feel like I more often lose to my own deck having a bad draw, rather than what the enemy deck is doing. That is probably some cognitive dissonance, but it seems to be working for me.

I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME

15108135.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
The deck is really beatable. Maybe I am facing people who don't know how to play it or they keep getting bad draws against me, but I am doing quite well against it, anecdotally.
As long as you have a removal ready (I've been playing priest so, SW:D) and 1 minion on the board to trigger the noble sac the secrets aren't so big a deal. Yeah if you don't have the minion and removal you are probably hosed, but it hasn't been too big an issue. I feel like I more often lose to my own deck having a bad draw, rather than what the enemy deck is doing. That is probably some cognitive dissonance, but it seems to be working for me.

I've been playing it and I think it definitely comes down to bad players.

Playing Redemption turn one and then using your hero power turn two...or playing Redemption turn one, playing a Shielded Minibot turn two and then playing Muster turn three...more than likely the 1/1 will die and get revived...which is a waste of the secret...

Stupid little misplays like that tend to lose the game for many of those Paladins who are netdecking and have little to no idea of real strategy. My games using that deck typically run quite long, because I tend to trade and skip turns and wait for certain cards/my opponent to play certain cards before I just throw something out for the sake of it.

What makes a good Hearthstone player is knowing what and when to play. (And remembering to almost always use your weapon to kill off minions and not to worry about taking face damage...keeping control of the board is more important and some people either forget or don't know that.)

Ladekabel

Made a Mage deck and played against a Paladin. He got me down to 5 health and I killed his Tirion giving him an Ashbringer so he can give me the mortal blow himself. I have a few minions on the board but I don't have lethal. Eitherway I attack with them and bring his health a little bit down. It's his turn, he summons a recruit and a Quartermaster. Ready that he'll kill me now I was moving the mouse to the concede button but then he attacked my Azure Drake and ends his turn. Now, I have a Bash which my Spellslinger gave me earlier. I use it on the Quartermaster and clear his board with my other minions and bring his health down to 7. The next turn he ropes and does nothing, I draw my Rag, end my turn and he dies.

Lesson learned: Even if your opponent has lethal, don't concede. You never know what stupid thing they do, even if they have a gold portrait.

And I begin to love Spellslinger. Almost always gives me spell that helps me (most of the time it's Bash).

Made a Mage deck and played against a Paladin. He got me down to 5 health and I killed his Tirion giving him an Ashbringer so he can give me the mortal blow himself. I have a few minions on the board but I don't have lethal. Eitherway I attack with them and bring his health a little bit down. It's his turn, he summons a recruit and a Quartermaster. Ready that he'll kill me now I was moving the mouse to the concede button but then he attacked my Azure Drake and ends his turn. Now, I have a Bash which my Spellslinger gave me earlier. I use it on the Quartermaster and clear his board with my other minions and bring his health down to 7. The next turn he ropes and does nothing, I draw my Rag, end my turn and he dies.

Lesson learned: Even if your opponent has lethal, don't concede. You never know what stupid thing they do, even if they have a gold portrait.

And I begin to love Spellslinger. Almost always gives me spell that helps me (most of the time it's Bash).

He probably got DC'ed before giving the finishing his turn and got caught showing off. Which is why I never do anything fancy when I have lethal. Just get it done in the most boring way possible.

ViviOggi

So I was looking on eBay for the Hearthstone loot crate stuff and people are actually on ebay selling the Galaxy S6 promo.

Not only is the guy charging $2 for it, people are then giving him their email and blizzard password to do it!

11 have sold so far!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hearthstone...rom-Samsung-/121762151524?hash=item1c5996fc64
smdh guy's getting 2 bucks for launching Genymotion and just gonna throw away his ebay account once he gets to a HS one with a full collection/insane WoW chars

smdh guy's getting 2 bucks for launching Genymotion and just gonna throw away his ebay account once he gets to a HS one with a full collection/insane WoW chars

Actually I did this for my brother and even he was smart enough to change his password to a temp one and then change it back. You can always reset it using your email account, which this guy won't have access to, so I don't think the risk is all that great.

JesseZao

Actually I did this for my brother and even he was smart enough to change his password to a temp one and then change it back. You can always reset it using your email account, which this guy won't have access to, so I don't think the risk is all that great.

Well he's already halfway there since he'll know your email.

Two-step verification is the best way to secure your account. Also not giving your login details to strangers on the internet is a start as well.

Well he's already halfway there since he'll know your email.

Two-step verification is the best way to secure your account. Also not giving your login details to strangers on the internet is a start as well.

It's not like your email address is supposed to be some super secret thing anyways. You're supposed to give that out so people can contact you. If just giving it out puts you at a significant risk of getting hacked then that's a much bigger problem than losing a Hearthstone account IMO.

WMWC6D7.png

Nothing to do guys. I'm stuck between level 14 and 12 (let's say 13, lel) with my ramp.
I don't know, it feels like it's not working as it should.
At least now I got 700 gold and I can unlock BM's first wing.
Do you think it's going to be better?

ViviOggi

WMWC6D7.png

Nothing to do guys. I'm stuck between level 14 and 12 (let's say 13, lel) with my ramp.
I don't know, it feels like it's not working as it should.
At least now I got 700 gold and I can unlock BM's first wing.
Do you think it's going to be better?
Cut Cenarius and Drake/Combatant for the second copies of Living Roots and FoN

Probably BGH/Sylvanas/War for 2x Shade as well, not having any 3-drops seems inconsistent even with Asspirant. Then again I only play Druid for dailies class puts me to sleep

manhack

Depends what deck you are playing. Secrets Paladin with a good draw can steamroll over lots of decks with ease.

Mulgrok

Just got my first Sea Reaver from a pack today. It makes me wonder who hired the retards that designed an epic warrior class card that is worse than warlock common, Dread Infernal.

EDIT: I mean, who are the retards that ok'ed Sea Reaver?

Cut Cenarius and Drake/Combatant for the second copies of Living Roots and FoN

Probably BGH/Sylvanas/War for 2x Shade as well, not having any 3-drops seems inconsistent even with Asspirant. Then again I only play Druid for dailies class puts me to sleep

Well, that could be a problem, I don't have Naxxramas. :<

Depends what deck you are playing. Secrets Paladin with a good draw can steamroll over lots of decks with ease.

The cool thing about it is that it can get very aggressive draws or very powerful T5+ draws.

I kept MC against a Priest because I didn't think it would put enough pressure early on so it'd be somewhat safe and I had the coin. I drew Shredder, Consecration and Blessing of Kings. First draw Loatheb. I figured I was completely dead. Then when I drew Dr. Boom next, I knew I was dead. Turns out a T3 Shredder, plus T5 Loatheb, T6 MC and T7 Doom is actually pretty strong, even if you play nothing else.

Probably would have been completely dead against any aggro deck though, but that was enough value to get through the dragon taunts and win the game.

Just got my first Sea Reaver from a pack today. It makes me wonder who hired the retards that designed an epic warrior class card that is worse than warlock common, Dread Infernal.

EDIT: I mean, who are the retards that ok'ed Sea Reaver?

Whut? I'm not saying it's a great card, but it's not very comparable to Dread Infernal except on a very basic level.

You don't have to actually spend any mana to use Sea Reaver, only draw it. And the fact that it hurts your minions can actually be a decent boon to a Warrior a chunk of the time, considering the typical make-up of a Warrior deck these days -- Acolyte of Pain, Armorsmith, Frothing Berserker, and Grim Patron. It could even be a desperate play, in a situation where you need to Whirlwind your board for lethal, or to set up you even surviving, yet you won't have mana after you draw. This could accomplish that.

Again, I'm not saying it's great, or worth the risk. But I certainly think it has its own merits and, because of the different make-up of the classes, isn't really comparable to the Warlock's Dread Infernal.

Plus, I mean, there are plenty of cases where some classes have better versions of another class's cards. Frostbolt and Quick Shot are flat-out better than Darkbomb. Yet Darkbomb fills a niche that Warlocks needed. Same with Living Roots vs. Holy Smite/Arcane Shot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The cool thing about it is that it can get very aggressive draws or very powerful T5+ draws.

I kept MC against a Priest because I didn't think it would put enough pressure early on so it'd be somewhat safe and I had the coin. I drew Shredder, Consecration and Blessing of Kings. First draw Loatheb. I figured I was completely dead. Then when I drew Dr. Boom next, I knew I was dead. Turns out a T3 Shredder, plus T5 Loatheb, T6 MC and T7 Doom is actually pretty strong, even if you play nothing else.

Probably would have been completely dead against any aggro deck though, but that was enough value to get through the dragon taunts and win the game.

I still dunno if it's right but I keep MC pretty much all the time. Though against a class like Hunter I wouldn't.

So I was playing against this really bad Rogue running Malygos and making all kinds of mistakes against me as Patron. Letting me draw an unessecary amount, being stupid, etc.

I draw Warsong with lethal and then my game just dies. I didn't even knew I drew Warsong because the game froze although I can still talk to my friend on the client and I end up losing.

Thanks Blizzard.

Celegus

So I was playing against this really bad Rogue running Malygos and making all kinds of mistakes against me as Patron. Letting me draw an unessecary amount, being stupid, etc.

I draw Warsong with lethal and then my game just dies. I didn't even knew I drew Warsong because the game froze although I can still talk to my friend on the client and I end up losing.

Thanks Blizzard.

The true Patron counter.

Wow, just pulled a golden anub'arak just a few weeks after i dusted the plain one I had in order to craft boom. its my first ever golden legendary so I really don't want to dust it... but I've wanted Ragnaros for a long time or even archmage or grom or alex etc etc.

Pretty cool animation though!

Wow, just pulled a golden anub'arak just a few weeks after i dusted the plain one I had in order to craft boom. its my first ever golden legendary so I really don't want to dust it... but I've wanted Ragnaros for a long time or even archmage or grom or alex etc etc.

Pretty cool animation though!

Golden legendaries don't come around often and supposedly Anub'arak is at least somewhat okay/decent. Probably better if Blizzard ever gives Rogue the control tools it needs. So yeah, I definitely wouldn't dust it myself.

Only golden legendaries I would disenchant are the worst of the worst. Millhouse, The Beast, Hemet, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom