• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Casual mode today, face hunter, zoo, face hunter, zoo, face hunter, face hunter, aggro paly, face rogue, face warrior, zoo. lmao.

I just bring my midrange paladin with double argus and just farm easy wins. easy games easy life.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still don't really get playing Bear Trap. I guess it's existence makes Freezing and Explosive stronger by principle alone?

Scenario:

They have a 1/1 on the board from Muster, or whatever.
They just killed your Mad Scientist which fetched a Secret.

1) Freeze Trap: It bounces their 1/1 when they attack into your face
2) Explosive Trap: It hits them for 2 and kills the 1/1, then they play their guys.
3) Bear Trap: You take 1 and you get a 3/3 Taunt

In an environment with lots of straggling 1/1s, you don't want your Secrets to be "wasted" on them. Bear Trap, in this case, is very reliable. It's always a 3/3 Taunt. It will always block 1 attack after they pop the secret, or draw some removal. Explosive against a Keeper and Ancient of War board is useless. Freeze is actively bad because you're giving them Keeper back again. But Bear? You'll take 2 from Keeper and then your heroic Bear will take on the Ancient of War.

Dahbomb

I still don't really get playing Bear Trap. I guess it's existence makes Freezing and Explosive stronger by principle alone?
Bear Trap is decent in a slower Hunter list to counter all the annoying 1/1s crap. Normally your Freezing Trap or Explosive Trap would get wasted by a 1/1 on the board but doesn't with Bear trap.

Bear trap isn't OP game breaking but its solid and does its job. It being an option to Explosive Trap makes both traps stronger because of the mind games.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bear Trap also has the beast synergy some of the more midrange focused Hunter decks are looking for.

johnsmith

remember me
Getting mad at a children's card game

I have seen the following TGT cards be played in Constructed (as in more than once a blue moon status):

Justicar
Darnassus Aspirant
Savage Combatant
Living Roots
Murloc Knight
Dr 6 aka Secret Santa
Competitive Spirit
Bear Trap
King's Elekk
Effigy
Spellslinger
Bash
Varian
Wyrmrest Agent
Twilight Guardian
Chillmaw
Totem Golem
Tuskar Totemic
Thunderbuff Valiant
Saraad
Paeltress
Very rarely Healing Wave, Elemental Destruction, Polymorph Bear, Tuskarr Jouster, Holy Champion and Ancestral Knowledge.

Healing Wave was an auto include in totem shaman as well as the new spell slinging shaman, but neither deck is that popular or that good. Ancestral Knowledge also tends to be in that "malygos OTK shaman". Holy champion is getting popular now due to Trumps F2P as well as a guy getting number one legend with double Holy Champion.

Bear trap is a fantastic face hunter card as a third secret.

No one expects it from a facer so they rarely bother to have removal ready for it. Which essentially makes it a 3/3 with charge the majority of the time for 2 mana.

You have a 4 attack minion and a 7 attack one against a hunter and you're at 2 life. Both have minions have more than 2 health. He's at 6 and has 1 secret in play. What do you do?

Without Bear Trap in the game first attacking with the 4 attack minion is a no brainer to trigger Freezing. With it, it's a 50/50 shot.

Dahbomb

Healing Wave was an auto include in totem shaman as well as the new spell slinging shaman, but neither deck is that popular or that good. Ancestral Knowledge also tends to be in that "malygos OTK shaman". Holy champion is getting popular now due to Trumps F2P as well as a guy getting number one legend with double Holy Champion.
Yeah I ran into Holy Champions yesterday. However, despite me thinking that cards like Holy Champion, Healing Wave and Ancestral Knowledge are actually good.... their strengths are only exploited well in decks that currently aren't all that strong and thus I don't see them that often online at beyond rank 5.

Maybe the Holy Champion deck takes off, I hope it does as I am a fan of the card.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/335507-eu-rank-1-zetalot-old-school-priest-holy-champion

Here's the deck, people should try it. I actually tried a deck similar to this week 1 of TGT and it was doing some work but then I had to rank up to get my rank 5 reward so I went back to Patron.

Haunted

I've won twice because of bear trap, as they could remove my board, but attacking my face with their last creature enabled Kill Command + 3 damage next turn.

squidyj

trying to make a tempo druid and I'm having a hard time solving my 3 slot. I feel like shade is just wrong in this more aggressive deck variant.

i don't need many 3's, a lot of the time I might go turn 2 aspirant into turn 3 shrededr.

Hey guys!
I wanted to ask you one thing: is anyone here using a deck tracker?
After "completing" my deck and approaching level 10 I wanted to use one to be aware of useful stats and the card I played. So I downloaded the one Kripp is using but it seems problematic to run on Windows10.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bear trap goes really nicely with snake trap as well. Both work more towards a beast centric midrange since it's very easy to enable something sticking for houndmaster/ram wrangler.

Dre

Hey guys!
After "completing" my deck and approaching level 10 I wanted to use one to be aware of useful stats and the card I played. So I downloaded the one Kripp is using but it seems problematic to run on Windows10.

Do you mean Hearthstone Deck Tracker? That's the one I'm using and I have no problems whatsoever on Windows 10.
Maybe you could try redownloading the whole thing.

https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker/releases

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys!

https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker

This is the deck tracker kripp was using and it works pretty well for me, sometimes it hangs when doing arena but other than that it's awesome, oh and i'm using windows 10.

trying to make a tempo druid and I'm having a hard time solving my 3 slot. I feel like shade is just wrong in this more aggressive deck variant.

i don't need many 3's, a lot of the time I might go turn 2 aspirant into turn 3 shrededr.

Have you considered running a mulch in that slot? just to have more extra removal?

Papercuts

i haven't seen snake trap in a long time, I assume people stopped because of Patron?

Yup, gets dunked on by that deck. Warrior in general can play around it pretty easily thanks to death's bite and it being obvious what it is when they attack face and nothing procs, which is why the forced taunt from bear can help make it less awkward. That said I played a list using both and soooo many people ran right into it, a weird benefit to ladder is that using secrets not seen very often can give a bigger than usual advantage since a lot of people don't mentally consider it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"It also appears that Hearthstone has upgraded their engine to Unity 5."

I'm curious to see if this improves mobile performance.

Do you mean Hearthstone Deck Tracker? That's the one I'm using and I have no problems whatsoever on Windows 10.
Maybe you could try redownloading the whole thing.

https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker/releases

https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker

This is the deck tracker kripp was using and it works pretty well for me, sometimes it hangs when doing arena but other than that it's awesome, oh and i'm using windows 10.

Have you considered running a mulch in that slot? just to have more extra removal?

Yep! I downloaded that!
My only problem is that it doesn't show any window and it appears just to work when I start Hearthstone showing me the cards I've got in my hand and the ones I'm drawing and other percentages.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I have become legend again! I'm better than all of neogaf combined
PogChamp.png
Seriously now that was a pretty damn good climb to legend, i was rank 5 like 2 days ago until i decided to play tempo mage and i got an absurd win rate of 81%. I have to admit i got some disgusting luck, oh well that's hearthstone for you

misc-dendiFace.PNG

The deck is based around 2 mulches 2 naturalizes, i need a 3-drop body I can play on turn 3

i see, umm have you considered Druid of the Flame? solid anti aggro 3 drop that can be either a 5/2 or 2/5, i used to ran it a while ago with some success.

isny

napkin dispenser
I have become legend again! I'm better than all of neogaf combined
PogChamp.png
Seriously now that was a pretty damn good climb to legend, i was rank 5 like 2 days ago until i decided to play tempo mage and i got an absurd win rate of 81%. I have to admit i got some disgusting luck, oh well that's hearthstone for you

misc-dendiFace.PNG

i see, umm have you considered Druid of the Flame? solid anti aggro 3 drop that can be either a 5/2 or 2/5, i used to ran it a while ago with some success.

Mech Mage or ...?

Mech Mage or ...?

Says tempo mage in the post :p

Tempo mage is probably the next deck I am going to build and learn. I only need antonidas, pretty healthy on the amount of dust I have. But I am debating on making a sort of slower tempo mage deck, with saraad. Not rhonin cause I think it is too vulnerable to BGH and Saraad is a neutral I might try out in several other classes.

Yep! I downloaded that!
My only problem is that it doesn't show any window and it appears just to work when I start Hearthstone showing me the cards I've got in my hand and the ones I'm drawing and other percentages.

there should be an icon in your system try for the deck tracker. It should show a main window when you start it though

isny

napkin dispenser

Tempo mage is probably the next deck I am going to build and learn. I only need antonidas, pretty healthy on the amount of dust I have. But I am debating on making a sort of slower tempo mage deck, with saraad. Not rhonin cause I think it is too vulnerable to BGH and Saraad is a neutral I might try out in several other classes.

Missed that, thanks.

Pooya

holy shit at Kibler's stream, he's laughing like a mad man for 10 minutes now ahahahha. That was glorious. Auto include in next trolden.

Plays Malygos, dies it duplicates and effigy gives Aviana. He plays Malygos/Malygos/Flamewaker/Rhonin/ Kills Rhonin with Arcane Blast. Fireworks ensues.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I tried to use saraad for awhile in my tempo mage but i honestly found it too slow and inconsistent for the deck, Loatheb makes much more sense at least for me.

Yep! I downloaded that!

Have you set an active deck?

Papercuts

holy shit at Kibler's stream, he's laughing like a mad man for 10 minutes now ahahahha. That was glorious. Auto include in next trolden.

Plays Malygos, dies it duplicates and effigy gives Aviana. He plays Malygos/Malygos/Flamewaker/Rhonin/ Kills Rhonin with Arcane Blast. Fireworks ensues.

Oh man that was great. I looked through and found it in the VOD.

www.twitch.tv/bmkibler/v/18353761?t=209m30s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom