• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess you didn't get the reference? There was a video that faked Rayman being in Smash Bros. It was slickly edited but it was still a fake.
ooooh, sorry ._.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HOLY SHIT

Kibler got another insane effigy play. Flamewaker turned into alarm-o-bot which summoned malygos for lethal.

Ranked play, me as a Control Priest vs what I guess was sort of a Control Mage.

Unstable Portal #1: Aviana... and then plays his Onyxia on the same turn.
Unstable Portal #2: Deathwing... right after I Mind Controlled his Alexstraza.

Still won.

/flex

Santiako

Season's rewards:

efOAN3M.jpg

s'allright

Pooya

Tempo Mage is preeetty good right now trying to do my 5 win daily, it went very smoothly. I had the most disgusting opening hand oh and prophet velen out of portal was cute... yeah I was just extremely lucky...

Tagyhag

Are you fucking kidding me....

Boom Bot has 1 health left, drops Madder Bomber. Doesn't hit his face, instead kills my taunt and hits my face to set up perfect lethal.

How can anyone take this shit seriously?

Tavern Brawls are supposed to have a lot of bullshit.

That said, if they do a game with 2 random heroes, they should at least TRY to make them both have a chance.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
how the hell does one even fake something this good? I mean, the quality is ridiculous

The only real animation that's not already in the game is a snow effect and a pulsing blue glow on the gold card, which are both very easy to do. It's pretty easy to edit in static images into a video of the static interface.

Would have been more impressive if the gold card had the hair blowing or breathing animation to it that most gold cards have, which would have still been possible for an amature to do, but it would require some talent to make it look good.

Now that I have had my fill of tempo mage from last night (I played a shitload last night due to the excessive amount of coffee. I wonder what I should play tonight... and maybe incorporate saraad into it.

Now that I have had my fill of tempo mage from last night (I played a shitload last night due to the excessive amount of coffee. I wonder what I should play tonight... and maybe incorporate saraad into it.

I like your thought process.

Pretty much every deck I make now I think to myself, "how can I fit Saraad into this?" I love that card.

Twisting Nether has the coolest animation in the game aside from the Voltron formation. To bad neither are playable. If Mimiron's Head is in one of the brawl decks, people actually have a good chance of seeing both!

And just won a game using Ogre Warmaul to dodge a taunt and hit face for lethal. Brawls are cool sometimes.

manhack

I didn't know the season ends this early in EU. The daily reset is still 2 hours away and I assumed seasons would be tied to that.

I was on a huge streak and just when my next win was supposed to take me to rank 6, rank 18 pops up instead. I lost at least 5 dust because no one told me, god damn it!! :D

I can't find the post on it now, but it was reset accidentally...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a weird glitch a few times today where my rope got stuck on the screen all rolled up on the side and stayed there all match.

Haunted

Random Mage:

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Clockwork Gnome
2x Flame Cannon
2x Flamewaker
2x Knife Juggler
2x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Portal
2x Spellslinger
2x Effigy
2x Mechanical Yeti
1x Blingtron
1x Bomb Lobber
2x Piloted Shredder
1x Dr Balanced
1x Ragnaros
1x Nexus Champion Saraad

And then round it out with double Fireballs for extra salt.
That looks way too solid. :p

This baby needs more Mindgames and Deathlords and Sneed's and Sky Golems. Also all the 50% Ogres.

Twisting Nether has the coolest animation in the game aside from the Voltron formation. To bad neither are playable. If Mimiron's Head is in one of the brawl decks, people actually have a good chance of seeing both!
Hearthstone developers so bad at deckbuilding, they didn't even put Mimiron in their mech decks.

But Gahzrilla and Thermapluggg.

Dahbomb

Gahzrilla is pretty good against Boom Bot hero power because it might hit your Gahzrilla and you might kill him because of it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Random Mage:

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Clockwork Gnome
2x Flame Cannon
2x Flamewaker
2x Knife Juggler
2x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Portal
2x Spellslinger
2x Effigy
2x Mechanical Yeti
1x Blingtron
1x Bomb Lobber
2x Piloted Shredder
1x Dr Balanced
1x Ragnaros
1x Nexus Champion Saraad

And then round it out with double Fireballs for extra salt.

Jaina Randmore

Holy crap, I went from rank 8 to rank 5 in one night. After being denied about two dozen times in total from hitting rank 5, I went on a huge winning streak, winning games entirely due to my piloting skills. Most games with midrange druid and I barely ever drew my ramp and still won, fuck year

Also, MVP goes to Mulch. Such a great card. Kinda scary when you mulch a nexus champion Saraad and mulch spawns another nexus champion Saraad again T_T

squidyj

Tavern Brawls are supposed to have a lot of bullshit.

That said, if they do a game with 2 random heroes, they should at least TRY to make them both have a chance.

? I lost one game because I shame conceded after accidentally coining out shrinkmeister instead of whirling zap. Other than that I've won every game as annoyo and as boombot.

Well, won 5 brawls already. Most of my games were Annoy O Tron and it seems like he was better. That hero power is ridic

Annoy o tron is way better. You can get lucky with the bots, but if you don't it is a huge struggle.

He's only making it harder on himself for letting the usual Twitch trolls get to him.

His chat isn't even nearly as bad as Forsen, Massan or even Kripp.

And by harder you mean better at exploiting idiots for further financial gain, right?

Dahbomb

Probably the more balanced Brawl they have put out that used pre-made decks.

Annoyotron is slightly favored but it's not like it was in the TGT Brawl or Nef vs Rag. Annoyotron can easily be beaten if you manage to clear his board early game because the hero power sucks without minions. Boom Bot has more of a comeback factor to him but the deck is super RNG dependent and thus less consistent. When Annoyotron gets ahead its hard to stop without AOEs/premium removals.

It's basically like Arena, whoever gets on the board first and manages to hold it for a bit generally wins.

Boom bot seemed to have a lot of good cards. I only played one round though. Bouncing blade was essential to removing a huge threat. Then that 4 damage bomber quickly got initiative back. I had twisting nether if anything really sideways happened. And my hero power and goblin blast mage helped easily control the board until lethal.

On the lines of odd effect combos, surprised there is no stealth/taunt. It could have better then usual stats for a taunt but you have to unstealth it for the effect.

rip. ended w/ a rank 12 chest, which is better than last season. wish I played more earlier on so I didnt have to wade through the aggro trenches

Chest out PogChamp

Golden Darkbomb
Golden Rampage
Golden Force of Nature (Fitting given I have two normals and druid carried me to rank 5, 400 dust i guess)

Ikael

I am loving this new brawl! Not only it is original and fun, but it is also kind of semi-balanced, even if it tilts a bit towards annoy-o-tron you can beat him as long as you don't let him stablish early board dominance and then bring on your heavyweights (mad bomber, dr. Boom, etc). Great stuff!

Couldn't resist.

I am -this- close to being able to forge a legendary. Common sense says Dr.Boom, but coolness says "Paletress, Anthonidas or Illiadan" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom