• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Seems like Annotron is a bit stronger because the Boom Bot hero power can hit face. Even though the Boom Bot hero power counters the Annoyotron hero power, if it whiffs then you will fall behind on board hard.

Though I guess if Boom Bot gets ahead then it can just ball out of control and finish the game fast.

Duster

Three brawls so far, each decided by Annoyotron getting Whirling Zap-O-Matic out early and the Boom Bot's missing it. Once it's been given extra attack and divine shield it's over.

Xanathus

Actually it looks like the Annoyatron deck was specifically constructed to synergize with it's hero power, whereas the Boombot deck is basically "lol lets fill it with all the RNG effects and random damage cards".

clav

Actually it looks like the Annoyatron deck was specifically constructed to synergize with it's hero power, whereas the Boombot deck is basically "lol lets fill it with all the RNG effects and random damage cards".

It's actually Thrall in disguise.

Tacitus_

Ayup

pZMzb1P.png

Heropon

Won as Boom Bot thanks to the power of the Ogre Warmaul and I couldn't even use the Dr. Boom I had from the start. The pack was good for once and contained a Shadow Cabal Priest, a Cruel Taskmaster and 30 dust. Waiting for the monthly rewards tonight!

Dahbomb

Won as Boom Bot thanks to the power of the Ogre Warmaul and I couldn't even use the Dr. Boom I had from the start. The pack was good for once and contained a Shadow Cabal Priest, a Cruel Taskmaster and 30 dust. Waiting for the monthly rewards tonight!
Damn... Boom Bots got Ogre Warmaul in its deck?

a4081c7ee81c49e859c8355ccbbc7be0.400x279x61.gif

Ladekabel

First time I got only junk in my brawl pack. Always had at least 2-3 rares, 1 epic or a legendary (got three of them in brawl packs, one of them was golden).

Play 6 brawl's as Annoy-o-tron in a a row, lose 6 times. 1st time as Boom Bot and I steamroller to a win.

I think I'm done with this Tavern Brawl for now.

isny

napkin dispenser
Think I've been Face Huntered too many times.

"That didn't quite hit the mark"

I actually started playing this yesterday and have been doing surprisingly well with it. It's so true that it all comes full circle, ramp druid and face hunters are popular again, lol (With almost identical deck lists as previously popular versions of these decks)

clav

"That didn't quite hit the mark"

I actually started playing this yesterday and have been doing surprisingly well with it. It's so true that it all comes full circle, ramp druid and face hunters are popular again, lol (With almost identical deck lists as previously popular versions of these decks)

When I play face hunter, I don't get the card draw that others have.

I make call-outs when I'm playing against them, and it happens.

Kinda ridiculous.

Maybe I should record it.

Dahbomb

This hero power is what the boom bots should ACTUALLY do.
I should point out that this hero power is actually just what a SINGLE Boom Bot does if it always hit for 1 damage.

Yes the hero power says deal 2 damage randomly but an actual Boom Bot gets to attack something (because it has 1 attack) and then also gets to hit something for 1-4. That is why a single Boom Bot can actually take out a Belcher.

This hero power is IN FACT worse than a single Boom Bot. Like if for two mana you just summoned a Boom Bot that would actually be much better.

sibarraz

Banned
So, I had this arena run with a mech shaman that looked good for me http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/8082ff

I lost 0-3, with some bullshit like mad bomber only hitting my acidic swamp ooze even when he had a zombie chow next to him, and even a loss to a warrior

So blizzard realized how fucking awful RNGesus was with me and gave me a good consolation prize

36RAGdR.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I should point out that this hero power is actually just what a SINGLE Boom Bot does if it always hit for 1 damage.

Yes the hero power says deal 2 damage randomly but an actual Boom Bot gets to attack something (because it has 1 attack) and then also gets to hit something for 1-4. That is why a single Boom Bot can actually take out a Belcher.

This hero power is IN FACT worse than a single Boom Bot. Like if for two mana you just summoned a Boom Bot that would actually be much better.

Right. I mean when a single Boom Bot dies, it should do 1 damage to 2 random enemies, rather than deal 1-4 damage to a random enemy.

usp84

I have a problem on my Android phone(Xiaomi Redmi Note 2).

Sometimes when a game is loaded and there is the screen which shows the two player heroes(right before you pick cards) the game get stuck there. If i end the app and start it again then the game plays fine but usually i have lost the first 2-3 turns and the chance to pick my cards.

Any help please?

Xanathus

Heh, got Leeroy and an epic (Mindgames) from my brawl pack. Is it just me or do brawl packs seem to have a higher chance for getting legendaries? Glad to have Leeroy back since I disenchanted him when he was nerfed.

Owzers

I liked the brawl, won as a boom bot, i don't have legendary pack luck but i got a Sword of Justice and Mind Control Tech, good stuff i didn't have. People and their legendaries....

Pooya

Can they release a patch without breaking something? Collection is bugged now, it labels your dusted duplicates as 'new'. Maybe you feel less bad when your 40 dust pack actually shows up as 5 new in your collection...

Got a effing Kidnapper in my pack, never lucky.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Malygos Shaman is damn fun to play.

I like the new Brawl ... HELLO HELLO HELLO

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Obvious 101 but I guess the majority of Hearthstone players simply don't get it.

Annoyo seems a lot better than Boom. It's super reliable.

Dahbomb

Evil Heckler does not fall below the power curve.

It's actually right on top of the curve for what you would expect/want from a 4 drop minion. It's essentially Yeti + 1 stat because of the Taunt.

Of course the issue still goes back to Piloted Shredder. Evil Heckler does not contest Shredder and thus is a bad card. They could've made a 6/4 taunt and it would see the exact same problem.

Evil Heckler and Ice Rager are still examples of power creep. This point is obfuscated by his use of a single line to represent the power curve of the game. But the single line represents an abstracted average, it is not the 'raw' data. The raw data would be a bunch of single points representing individual cards. Your analysis ends with the average, it doesn't start there.

Evil Heckler and Ice Rager are obviously above their original version's data points, so as a result, they will bring up the averaged power curve line however slightly. It doesn't make mathematical sense to say that an averaged value can only go up with the addition of data points on the high end.

Data Set: 2 4 8 10 Average Value: 6
Data Set: 4 6 8 10 Average Value: 7

Your averaged power curve still goes up even if you only add cards that ultimately fall below the averaged value.

Dahbomb

Ice Rager is fine and not actually "power creep". 5/2 stats are just right for 3 mana. It's actually even worse because the base line 3 mana creature is at 7 stats, like Spider Tank which even has the Mech tag where as Ice Rager doesn't have a tag. Or 6 mana worth of stat with a good ability (Earthen Ring, Raging Worgen).

Magma Rager as a card should never have existed because it was so horribly below the power curve for a 3 drop. Just like Silverback Patriarch. Blizzard can release a 2/4 Beast with Taunt and it would be whatever.

The example for Evil Heckler is just gross because it's subtracting a whole mana from the original card. It's basically admitting that Booty Bay Bodyguard was 2 whole stat points below the curve. They can essentially release a King of the Arena which would be a 5 mana 6/5 taunt and that would fall in line with the Evil Heckler example.

Are you fucking kidding me....

Boom Bot has 1 health left, drops Madder Bomber. Doesn't hit his face, instead kills my taunt and hits my face to set up perfect lethal.

How can anyone take this shit seriously?

inky

Ice Rager and Heckler were just being judged against different versions of the card, not against the curve and that had all to do with what Dahbomb is saying and not exactly with how the game (right now) and the meta is directly affected by their inclusion. Everyone got hung up on it because I guess the definition of "power creep" as a term is apparently pretty strict and a lot of people were using the term to describe the issue with just introducing an improved version of an old card with a different name, regardless if it was played before or not (which both cards weren't, thus apparently that made them not fit in the category of power creep).

They are still an issue, just not the same exact issue and probably not as big of an issue, true. Next time just don't use the term power creep I guess, and then people will stop pretending anyone who says anything about it is wrong on the basis that it doesn't adhere to a strict definition of a term that existed before this game.

Tacitus_

Heckler has 1 more stat points than Taz'dingo for the same mana. That's a clear example of power creep and it's not like Taz'dingo was a bad card and as such "justified power creep".

Dahbomb

Ice Rager and Heckler were just being judged against different versions of the card, not against the curve and that had all to do with what Dahbomb is saying and not exactly with how the game (right now) and the meta is directly affected by their inclusion. Everyone got hung up on it because I guess the definition of "power creep" as a term is apparently pretty strict and a lot of people were using the term to describe the issue with just introducing an improved version of an old card with a different name.

They are still an issue, just not the same exact issue.
I just think it's a bad slippery slope to be on.

Ice Rager sees no play. Next expansion they introduce Chaos Rager, 7/2 creature.

That doesn't see play, they make a 8/2 God Rager.

And so on. Or even worse examples:

King of the Arena: 5 mana 6/5 Taunt
Priest of Elune: 5 mana 5/4 Heal for 4 Health
etc.

It's still power creep, it's just not meaningful to the meta because the new cards still fall below the averaged value necessary to see play. But the 'floor' of card power getting higher is still power creep, and if left unchecked, eventually would matter to the meta. I think you can disagree with one part of what someone says without saying everything they said is wrong.

ED: I guess there's a precise technical definition for CCGs that has the meta relevance factor embedded into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom