• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I just think it's a bad slippery slope to be on.

Ice Rager sees no play. Next expansion they introduce Chaos Rager, 7/2 creature.

That doesn't see play, they make a 8/2 God Rager.

And so on. Or even worse examples:

King of the Arena: 5 mana 6/5 Taunt
Priest of Elune: 5 mana 5/4 Heal for 4 Health
etc.

I agree with you.

To me the issue was never whether it was a super big problem or an almost unnoticeable problem, but an indication of what Blizzard's thought process could be going forward. I just didn't find their arguments about it that compelling to agree with them.

Dahbomb

The question we have to ask ourselves is if Mysterious Challenger is power creep or not.

I don't think MC is "power creep"... I just think the card is standalone really powerful in the right deck. The card isn't actually replacing another 6 drop in the game with a similar purpose or use.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I always had reservations about Evil Heckler. Normally, a vanilla should have 2x+1 stat points (x being mana cost), and then you adjust the stats up or down based on the text. And generally, taunt has been worth the sacrifice of one stat point. (eg, Tazdingo). Any taunt card that sacrificed more than 1 stat point was generally seen as unplayable.

But, we also know that for taunt creatures, stat distribution is important. Fen Creeper and BBB both have the same number of stats but everybody knows Fen Creeper is the better card. So Evil Heckler is Blizzard's way of testing the waters. If you have a less than ideal stat distribution, is taunt really worth a stat point? Thus far, it seems like the answer is no, because Evil Heckler isn't seeing Constructed play. It might be on par or slightly worse than Tazdingo.

Mulgrok

Darn arena drafts... I had no removal options for my warlock deck, and then receive a choice out of crappy legendaries. I picked Blingtron as the lesser of 3 evils... then it proceeded to give my opponents awesome weapons and crap for me. Lost me 2 games I should have won.

Sande

I don't think feast or famine mechanics are very healthy or fun, and Annoyotron's hero power is nothing if not feast or famine. If Annoyotron gets a hold of the board early, it's very difficult to play against the insane value of the hero power. But if Annoyotron struggles to get on the board, the hero power is almost completely useless.

ZealousD

Everybody complains about RNG but everybody was talking about Kibler's Effigy into Aviana yesterday.

Your brain says no, but your Kreygasm says yes!

I agree with you.

To me the issue was never whether it was a super big problem or an almost unnoticeable problem, but an indication of what Blizzard's thought process could be going forward. I just didn't find their arguments about it that compelling to agree with them.

Ice Rager and Evil Heckler went directly against what Ben Brode had previously said about their card design process. He claimed that they couldn't just buff old, bad cards because that would require lots of play testing and that recognizing bad cards is a skill that players need to develop. Then, instead of buffing some bad cards, they printed new cards that were basically just minor buffs on the old ones. It made it look like what they were telling us was just a bunch of bullshit, and they really didn't buff old, bad cards because they needed to print filler for the new packs.

Dahbomb

It made it look like what they were telling us was just a bunch of bullshit, and they really didn't buff old, bad cards because they needed to print filler for the new packs.
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Haunted

I'd make a deck with all RNG cards, but I don't have the most important RNG legendaries like Sneed's, Saraad or Confessor.

IceMarker

This Tavern Brawl is possibly the most stupid yet. Especially fucking stupid when you have gone 0-7. Fuck this. Getting my free pack and Blizzard can go fuck themselves with pre-made bullshit. Stick to completely random like portals or allow us to make decks like usual.

Dahbomb

I'd make a deck with all RNG cards, but I don't have the most important RNG legendaries like Sneed's, Saraad or Confessor.
Random Mage:

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Clockwork Gnome
2x Flame Cannon
2x Flamewaker
2x Knife Juggler
2x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Portal
2x Spellslinger
2x Effigy
2x Mechanical Yeti
1x Blingtron
1x Bomb Lobber
2x Piloted Shredder
1x Dr Balanced
1x Ragnaros
1x Nexus Champion Saraad

And then round it out with double Fireballs for extra salt.

Ive been lvl 15 for about a week now. Several times if I just get 1 more win I'll break through that glass ceiling...and nope. Well, here we go again. On a 3 win win-streak, 3 stars filled and 1 more win gets me to lvl 14. Lets do this!

No dragon priest, no dragon priest, no dragon priest....Mage....hmmm

Edit: I
won. Opponent didn't even take a point of damage off me. How can this game be so easy and yet so damn hard??

Pooya

Everybody complains about RNG but everybody was talking about Kibler's Effigy into Aviana yesterday.

Your brain says no, but your Kreygasm says yes!

That's completely different, he played carefully to setup duplicate/effigy on Malygos. There are not many 9 drops in the game, it doesn't have as wide range as something ridiculous like esportal, he could very well get another Malygos. While the result looked spectacular there he would have still won that game with any other free 9 drops, even majordomo. It's not like he played Ram Wrangler into KK and things like that.

The problem with MC is that it's one of those "whole is greater than the sum of its parts". Yes, paladin secrets are worse than mage's individually, but they synergize together very well, especially in an aggressive deck like Secret Paladin. Even in the best case scenario of paladin having an empty board, you still need hard removal plus ping or minion on board (defender/redemption) plus hard removal in order to respond, but that's not too much to ask assuming you get average draws. The complication is that given the deck's aggressive nature it's likely the paladin has some sort of board presence which means they're probably going to keep the tempo regardless of how you respond.

IceMarker

15 tries in Tavern Brawl before RNGesus decided to stop sucking a fat one and give me a 40 dust pack. Worst day of Hearthstone I have ever had the displeasure of playing. Stop making these shitty Tavern Brawls.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The problem with MC is that it's one of those "whole is greater than the sum of its parts". Yes, paladin secrets are worse than mage's individually, but they synergize together very well, especially in an aggressive deck like Secret Paladin. Even in the best case scenario of paladin having an empty board, you still need hard removal plus ping or minion on board (defender/redemption) plus hard removal in order to respond effectively. But given the deck's aggressive nature it's likely the paladin has some sort of board presence which means they're probably going to keep the tempo regardless of how you respond.

Yeah, the deck is really good at aggressively holding a board which lets everything snowball. Secrets that never really saw play like redemption are actually damned annoying when they follow it up with minibots.

While MC himself basically follows the same line of play when you see the christmas tree line up, the individual ones can actually be a pain in the ass before that point.

Sande

I didn't know the season ends this early in EU. The daily reset is still 2 hours away and I assumed seasons would be tied to that.

I was on a huge streak and just when my next win was supposed to take me to rank 6, rank 18 pops up instead. I lost at least 5 dust because no one told me, god damn it!! :D

ZealousD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRlg_pUTZg

closing to release of anew adventure of course fake leaks time, actually there is even a gold card, looks pretty good job if fake.

If it's real it's pretty interesting but why would you play that rare card? huh.

We are still like 3 months away from a new adventure. They put more work than most on this fake but it still looks pretty fake to me.

Heropon

Oh, just the Rogue cards that I needed! Thanks, Blizzard.
/sarcasm

Where are my Blade Flurry, Eviscerate and Preparation? I swear I'm going to get every single terrible Rogue card before those, at least I didn't get Poisoned Blade...

sibarraz

Banned
Someone connected the dots and said that since the cardback from blizzcon is ice related it probably means that we will see icecrown citadel as the next adventure

ZealousD

Definitely fake. Uploader is babying the mouse. They only click the bottom of the card. Never mouse over the card text or the art. Makes it easy to video edit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRlg_pUTZg

closing to release of anew adventure of course fake leaks time, actually there is even a gold card, looks pretty good job if fake.

If it's real it's pretty interesting but why would you play that rare card? huh.

how the hell does one even fake something this good? I mean, the quality is ridiculous

Dahbomb

A for effort but looks fake. I almost did a double take when he/she actually zoomed in on the card but there are still quite a few red flags in there.

Also seems way too early for leaks. I guess people are already fed up with TGT.

Probably fake but cool nonetheless. What does the Regrowth text say?

Something about resummoning a minion when it dies, and I see 1-5 times.

Edit: Looks like it's "Choose a minion. After dying, it will be resummoned within the next 1-5 turns." Worse than Ancestral Spirit I guess, unless it can't be silenced.

Clever, uses the shaky cam effect to help hide discrepancies and make it seem handheld, but notice that hearthstone's application is always perfectly in frame along the borders despite this 'shaking'. You never see the desktop or the actual monitor or anything that might be present in the real world like a wall or desk. Nor do we see a real person's hand or finger to prove we're not just looking at a video feed. Why refrain from showing the physical context that would substantiate your 'leak' unless there's nothing to show because nothing is actually there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did you hear?

Rayman confirmed for Smash Bros.

Edit: Comments disabled for the video. Faaaaaaaaake

thanks for the constructive comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom