• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get fucked you tree humping jackass.

O2pKYpq.jpg

Lmao. Damn.
Second person to add me to troll today. lol

Wow, trying to ladder today is pretty messy.
Never tried it on the first day of a new season, you can find nice decks around.
Between a lot of fucking mages and secredins, ofc.

Wow, trying to ladder today is pretty messy.
Never tried it on the first day of a new season, you can find nice decks around.
Between a lot of fucking mages and secredins, ofc.

Yep, because people are more willing to test around new decks when a loss isn't that big of a deal. You can easily go on a win streak to get those ranks back anyway.

When you win with a heavy control deck, it feels like

6l5YarB.gif

I'm playing a control paladin, 9-5, rank 12, and I'm actually facing some shamans. Just got a win from the jaws of defeat from a bloodlust shaman too. I went through 23 points of healing (2 healbot + tuskar jouster) to pull that off. In the late game I just hero powered to avoid hex even though he was top decking. Sylvanas ate the first hex and tirion or ysera was in hand to play but he was already dead simply to a justicar powered hero power.

IceMarker

I'm playing a control paladin, 9-5, rank 12, and I'm actually facing some shamans. Just got a win from the jaws of defeat from a bloodlust shaman too. I went through 23 points of healing (2 healbot + tuskar jouster) to pull that off. In the late game I just hero powered to avoid hex even though he was top decking. Sylvanas ate the first hex and tirion or ysera was in hand to play but he was already dead simply to a justicar powered hero power.

Sounds like flood/control dream.

I need to figure out a way to fit Eadric into my control Paladin...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sounds like flood/control dream.

I need to figure out a way to fit Eadric into my control Paladin...

This is the Eadric list I run with:

YmFo27a.png

Justicar has such an interesting effect with this deck when you get into the late game. So much board swarm potential that they don't want to AoE, so I am at times content to just hero power and do little else and threaten a full board quartermaster.

Reynad confirmed new mayor of value town
laugh.gif

Reynad/tempostorm appears to be funding/supporting value town and the show will be hosted on tempostorm channel in the future, still with chanman hosting

Pretty cool, I missed that show. I am glad to see it is back.

IceMarker

This is what I am running atm. Only 15 matches played so far but I'm 10-5.

3 inspire cards, the most I've ran in a single deck so far lol. 4 if you count justicar
This is the Eadric list I run with:

Justicar has such an interesting effect with this deck when you get into the late game. So much board swarm potential that they don't want to AoE, so I am at times content to just hero power and do little else and threaten a full board quartermaster.

Ha thanks guys, digging the deck names as well.

squidyj

When you win with a heavy control deck, it feels like

6l5YarB.gif

beat out a druid as fatigue warrior. It's the certainty of knowing at some point in the game they WILL be able to force double roar you that makes it interesting. Yknow, unless they fuck up the innervates/thaurissan, in which case LOL.

Complistic

“Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive”

“Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive”

Fuck Blizzard. Fuck Patron Warrior. Fuck Hearthstone.

Taking 40+ though is working as intended.

Eadric created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one year without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ days in one game is not particularly fun or interactive.

Oh yeah, 13-5, 9 winstreak with control paladin.... feels good man

Kangi

Turn seven in arena. Trade to clear the Paladin's board, drop a 5-drop, and then a Mana Wraith. He plays a lackluster turn eight which I clear, then build the board and take him to near-lethal. Turn nine, he plays his 9-cost Tirion Fordring that I can now easily clear, and concedes.

Mana Wraith can really ruin a person's day.

Screw arenas, though. It's pretty much just Paladins now, with the occasional Mage who always draws Flamestrikes.

To keep tradition, Blizzard keeps putting out this unbalanced modes in tavern brawl, I mean I understand it's just a side kind of thing, but holy shit Annoytron is so fucking OP isn't even funny.

squidyj

To keep tradition, Blizzard keeps putting out this unbalanced modes in tavern brawl, I mean I understand it's just a side kind of thing, but holy shit Annoytron is so fucking OP isn't even funny.

go back a few pages and you'll see people SWEARING the opposite is true lol.

squidyj

It seems like nobody expects combo priest lol. all of a sudden your deathlord is an 18/18 and they're like.... well... shit.

Hardest thing was to get over the fear of getting rekt if it's not an OTK. Best play is often to force them to have the answer, of course it varies by matchup how probable that is. but often an 18/18 taunt, even though they have some health left, they don't have the silence or hard removal available to deal with it.

johnsmith

remember me
Reckful has been streaming for close to 20 hours, and it seems like he's on coke. He can't stop sniffling, and he just had a breakdown about a guy who cheated at chess against him.

Tubie

Reckful has been streaming for close to 20 hours, and it seems like he's on coke. He can't stop sniffling, and he just had a breakdown about a guy who cheated at chess against him.

He tries to play it off like he's sick lol.

It's curious that every time he goes off cam he comes back non-stop sniffing.

The more I think about stampeding kodo, the more I list it in paladin again. There really are a lot of minions being played that have 2 attack now. So even on curve, kodo is perfectly pretty damn well. And off curve with aldor and now eadric as well.

This is a mentally prepared list of 2 attack minions being played:
darnassus aspirant
zombie chow
minibot
annoyotron
mechwarper
flamewaker
shade of naxx
gnomish inventor
acolyte of pain
armorsmith
warsong commander
naked frothing berserker
imp gang boss (produces zero imps as well), and like 4-5 other zoo-type minions
keeper of the grove
Wyrmrest agent
.... just to name a few.

But where this card is really going to shine is in those control matches where you're forced to equality early and then you don't have an answer to ysera. But then you do because of aldor peacekeeper + kodo.

I loved this card in naxx, and I only stopped using it because of quartermaster, but now it is back with a vengeance and QM is taking a hike atm.

clav

The more I think about stampeding kodo, the more I list it in paladin again. There really are a lot of minions being played that have 2 attack now. So even on curve, kodo is perfectly pretty damn well. And off curve with aldor and now eadric as well.

darnassus aspirant
zombie chow
minibot
annoyotron
mechwarper
flamewaker
shade of naxx
gnomish inventor
acolyte of pain
armorsmith
warsong commander
naked frothing berserker
keeper of the grove
Wyrmrest agent
.... just to name a few.

But where this card is really going to shine is in those control matches where you're forced to equality early and then you don't have an answer to ysera. But then you do because of aldor peacekeeper + kodo.

I loved this card in naxx, and I only stopped using it because of quartermaster, but now it is back with a vengeance and QM is taking a hike atm.

Have you considered adding Cult Master since you need a combo to activate that?

Last season, I played around with Cult Master and sometimes I needed it, and sometimes I don't.

I finally have the dust to craft another Legendary. I've had pretty bad luck when I pull legendaries from packs, so far I've gotten Hogger, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Hemet Nesingwary, and Grommosh. I crafted Dr Boom already, any opinions on a good, versatile legendary?

clav

I finally have the dust to craft another Legendary. I've had pretty bad luck when I pull legendaries from packs, so far I've gotten Hogger, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Hemet Nesingwary, and Grommosh. I crafted Dr Boom already, any opinions on a good, versatile legendary?

Ysera.

Ragnaros for YOLORag.

Deathwing for troll decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Sylvannas is very versatile. Many different decks run her.

johnsmith

remember me

2 Dr 6s

clav

darnassus aspirant
zombie chow
minibot
annoyotron
mechwarper
flamewaker
shade of naxx
gnomish inventor
acolyte of pain
armorsmith
warsong commander
naked frothing berserker
keeper of the grove
Wyrmrest agent
.... just to name a few.

Follow up.

Replacing QM with Kodo is horrible against handlock.

Makes me want to run 2 Equalities in the deck.

Sylvannas is very versatile. Many different decks run her.

Yeah this card requires someone to spend two cards to remove.

Have you considered adding Cult Master since you need a combo to activate that?

Last season, I played around with Cult Master and sometimes I needed it, and sometimes I don't.

I'm not sure what good cult master would do. But the problem with cult master is it is a 4/2, specifcally 2 hp. And it is hard to activate and requires you to be making trades usually.

Solemn vigil or lay on hands are better for control paladin because a few reasons. You shouldn't need to thin your deck much when you're playing a lot of high value cards. You do need some cycle to make the deck more consistent though.

I am a fan of solemn vigil atm. I messed around with it before and played a couple lists with it. But I went with it this time because I can get away with running 2 of them, as opposed to only 1 lay on hands. And instead of lay on hands for my 3rd heal (which I feel 3 heals are pretty worthwhile in ctrl paladin), I went with a tuskar jouster.

Before running cult master, I would also consider acolyte of pain. This is not uncommon for control paladin, but I've chosen solemn vigil and it has been quite amazing so far because of the synergy it has withs cards like muster, murloc knight, and even justicar.

I had one match where I consecrated and got a free solemn vigil, which drew me another solemn vigil which was also played for free. When I have enough resources, I feel like I can pop back into the game from any board state.

Follow up.

Replacing QM with Kodo is horrible against handlock.

Makes me want to run 2 Equalities in the deck.

Yeah this card requires someone to spend two cards to remove.

Nah, quartermaster is actually quite bad against good handlock players. They run too many AOEs and you'll often find QM to be a dead card in your hand. Control paladin is quite favored against traditional handlock, and maybe a bit worse against the demon handlock because of additional threats the handlock runs. Against traditional handlock you can kind of just fight for board and wait til you get a way to deal with giants. Because of aldor, eadric, 2x equality, and even kodos, I think I am well equipped to deal with handlocks.

I posted the list just like a page or two earlier if you want to see the specifics.

clav

I'm not sure what good cult master would do. But the problem with cult master is it is a 4/2, specifcally 2 hp. And it is hard to activate and requires you to be making trades usually.

Solemn vigil or lay on hands are better for control paladin because a few reasons. You shouldn't need to thin your deck much when you're playing a lot of high value cards. You do need some cycle to make the deck more consistent though.

I am a fan of solemn vigil atm. I messed around with it before and played a couple lists with it. But I went with it this time because I can get away with running 2 of them, as opposed to only 1 lay on hands. And instead of lay on hands for my 3rd heal (which I feel 3 heals are pretty worthwhile in ctrl paladin), I went with a tuskar jouster.

Before running cult master, I would also consider acolyte of pain. This is not uncommon for control paladin, but I've chosen solemn vigil and it has been quite amazing so far because of the synergy it has withs cards like muster, murloc knight, and even justicar.

I had one match where I consecrated and got a free solemn vigil, which drew me another solemn vigil which was also played for free. When I have enough resources, I feel like I can pop back into the game from any board state.

Nah, quartermaster is actually quite bad against good handlock players. They run too many AOEs and you'll often find QM to be a dead card in your hand. Control paladin is quite favored against traditional handlock, and maybe a bit worse against the demon handlock because of additional threats the handlock runs. Against traditional handlock you can kind of just fight for board and wait til you get a way to deal with giants. Because of aldor, eadric, 2x equality, and even kodos, I think I am well equipped to deal with handlocks.

I posted the list just like a page or two earlier if you want to see the specifics.

Ah, I don't have Eadric, so that's a key factor.

I had a lopsided match with Tempo Mage, and the Kodo was definitely the turning point on Turn 5.

Also don't own the entire BRM set, so I haven't really played with Solemn Vigil aside from arena.

squidyj

so i figure i might as well be scum and play patron, first game.
the bottom 5 cards in my deck are

frothing
armorsmith
------------ (only drew up to here, so the order might be off)
frothing
patron
patron

.....thats cool, my grim patron deck didnt need grim patrons anyway

You know, I was looking forward to this Brawl when I saw the rules, but it's just not very fun. Nef/Rag was much better for some reason. This feels even more random and slogging through the "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" was rough.

Tubie

Gotta love Ranked right now, so many weird decks.

I win streaked to 18 from 20, so I think I better quit while I'm ahead for today.

Sorry for the language, but been facing this deck at least once every 3 matches.

Right now its Face Huntard/Secret Paladin/every other class.

Hmmm I switched my mid range secret paladin for a hybrid hunter since I got the 3 wins with Hunter challenge. Am I part of the problem?

I still carry my win streak from the past season (too bad the game doesn't care). I'm at 8 right now.

sibarraz

Banned
Cabal Shadow Pries has taught me that a good "2 attack removal" has a lots of uses in this meta, now Cabal has the advantage that you can select your target, take control of it, and also can steal even more minions while combined with shrinkmeister

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Cabal Shadow Pries has taught me that a good "2 attack removal" has a lots of uses in this meta, now Cabal has the advantage that you can select your target, take control of it, and also can steal even more minions while combined with shrinkmeister

Shrinkmeister Cabal on Ysera is one of the dirtiest swings in the game.

sibarraz

Banned
Shrinkmeister Cabal on Ysera is one of the dirtiest swings in the game.

Yep, also I think that shrinkmeister is a very underrated card. Against aggro decks is an amazing card to gain tempo and remove a minion, and against control you can save it to steal ysera, sludge belcher, and druid of the claw, which could be an instant gg since druid will had a hard time stealing it.

I had seen lots of pro only running one shrinkmeister, but I have been using 2 because I think that is worth it

ParityBit

I just started playing the game and opened up all basic cards for the starting classes. What are the benefits of the expansion packs and are they worth it?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I know many will cringe and would die to do this, but if you are starting out and need some dust I'd check for gold dupes.

Unless you are really hung up on having golden cards you can dust the golds of cards you have 2 regulars off.

That could get you on your way to crafting a legendary that you might use all the time in your favorite class or 400 can craft some good epics like MC and Pyro Blast as well.

Loomba

Priest in general is really strong in this meta.

Got the obvious combos - Shrink/Cabal, Voljin/Anything

2 nova, lightbomb, Chillmaw is 4 board clears

1 pain, 2 deaths is 3 easy minion removal

Taunts for days

Card draw with PWS.

And Healing of course.

Priest nowadays is where even when I'm backed in a corner I always think I can come back.

sibarraz

Banned
I just started playing the game and opened up all basic cards for the starting classes. What are the benefits of the expansion packs and are they worth it?

It will be better to buy the classic set with the ingame gold, to this day most of the decks use like a 60-70% of cards from that set.

Also if you want to spend real money, better buy the adventures

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yep, also I think that shrinkmeister is a very underrated card. Against aggro decks is an amazing card to gain tempo and remove a minion, and against control you can save it to steal ysera, sludge belcher, and druid of the claw, which could be an instant gg since druid will had a hard time stealing it.

I had seen lots of pro only running one shrinkmeister, but I have been using 2 because I think that is worth it

Shrinkmeister is kinda bad on curve. That's why people are reluctant to run two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom