• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

I know many will cringe and would die to do this, but if you are starting out and need some dust I'd check for gold dupes.

Unless you are really hung up on having golden cards you can dust the golds of cards you have 2 regulars off.

That could get you on your way to crafting a legendary that you might use all the time in your favorite class or 400 can craft some good epics like MC and Pyro Blast as well.
I'm under the impression that most people do that.

I prefer a bunch of golden cards over a legendary or two.

ParityBit

It will be better to buy the classic set with the ingame gold, to this day most of the decks use like a 60-70% of cards from that set.

Also if you want to spend real money, better buy the adventures

Do you mean from the card/adventure or hero tab? Do you mean the adventures are the ones that cost $25?

BashNasty

Unless you are really hung up on having golden cards you can dust the golds of cards you have 2 regulars off.

This is what I do to this day. I'm pretty much the definition of a "rich" player in Hearthstone, I have just about every good legendary, and I still dust every golden card I get immediately. Function is far more valuable than form.

Shrinkmeister Cabal on Ysera is one of the dirtiest swings in the game.

I was playing Control Warrior vs. a Dragon Priest and the Priest got his Ysera out. I played Sylvanas intending to steal the Ysera as soon as I could. He plays Ysera awakens to kill Sylvanas and give me his Ysera, and then immediately steals it back with Shrinkmeister + Cabal. On my next turn, I played a Laughing Sister (pulled from my own Ysera that I played earlier) and Brawl to hopefully board wipe him, but Ysera wins. That damn thing stuck around for like 3 more turns before I was finally able to kill it with the second Brawl. I still won, but his Ysera made it way closer than it should have been.

sibarraz

Banned
I was playing Control Warrior vs. a Dragon Priest and the Priest got his Ysera out. I played Sylvanas intending to steal the Ysera as soon as I could. He plays Ysera awakens to kill Sylvanas and give me his Ysera, and then immediately steals it back with Shrinkmeister + Cabal. On my next turn, I played a Laughing Sister (pulled from my own Ysera that I played earlier) and Brawl to hopefully board wipe him, but Ysera wins. That damn thing stuck around for like 3 more turns before I was finally able to kill it with the second Brawl. I still won, but his Ysera made it way closer than it should have been.

ot but I'm almost convinced that Ysera is designed to win brawls, every single time that someone plays a brawl while I had an Ysera I win.

The dirtiest example was in a tournamente where a warrior who played ysera pulled a brawl against a board full of minions and that still won, pretty much making a comeback from a game tha by next turn was lost

ot but I'm almost convinced that Ysera is designed to win brawls, every single time that someone plays a brawl while I had an Ysera I win.

The dirtiest example was in a tournamente where a warrior who played ysera pulled a brawl against a board full of minions and that still won, pretty much making a comeback from a game tha by next turn was lost

Dr. Boom wins every time I try to clear him with Brawl. Sometimes that's not so bad if I have a follow up BGH, and sometimes it loses me the game. We need to try a Ysera vs. Boom Brawl to determine who the Lord of the Brawl is.

gutshot

Do we think Blizzard will ever release more alternate heroes? I'm guessing when they do they will reduce the cost of them because I don't think the current ones have sold too well.

greepoman

Christmas Tree fucker into Dr Balanced how can anyone say this is balanced. MC should be a 4/4 like Mystcaller.

How does every secret pally seem to have one right after another? Such a ridiculous follow up. Though they always seem to go minibot into muster into shredder. I've been loathebed turn 5 last couple times into Dr. 6&7...I mean it seems this draw is unbeatable with any deck.

Ladekabel

Did they remove getting 10 gold for 3 wins from arena? Tried a new run with and didn't get 10 gold for 3 wins.

Eitherway, have a new arena win record by getting 7 wins with priest. Won my first game, lost the second and the third and went on a win streak of six. Lost to a Pala which had inspire cards like two of the guys who get +1 health and Kodorider which were really hard to handle for me.
Rewards were okay. Arena run paid for itself plus a little bit more and a GvG pack. Pack was crap though.

sibarraz

Banned
Is it worth the $25 if you also like just playing solo? Can you buy them in pieces or is it one large amount?

Depnds, since you had a f2p deck you will not win as quick as someone who has a larger pool of cards do, aso there's heroic mode where it needs to make some specific decks to take advantage

The important thing is that in those you had cards that are staples in lots of decks

Loatheb
Sludge Belcher
Mad Scientist
Grim Patron
Emperor Tharissan
Death's bite
Twilight Whelp
Haunted creep
FlameWalker

Is a better inversion that praying for some good cards in packs, now I'm Strictly talking in the case that you will spends real money, if not, just buy packs unless you feel that you really need a card from the adventures, which you can buy one wing for 700 gold

Hanzou

I'm a f2p player and am planning buying a single wing from the adventures once per month, then buying packs/arenas for the other 2 weeks. I have completed naxxramas wing one and am unsure whethwr to buy wing 2, or go for Blackrock wing 1. I am new to the game, have about 100 non basic cards, play most of the classes and am just looking for the cards that will be good in my hodge podge decks as I don't have enough cards to build meta decks. I was thinking Blackrock as patron looks fun but not sure if it works well outside of warrior. So far my only legendary are maexxna and sylvanas.

gutshot

Did they remove getting 10 gold for 3 wins from arena? Tried a new run with and didn't get 10 gold for 3 wins.

Eitherway, have a new arena win record by getting 7 wins with priest. Won my first game, lost the second and the third and went on a win streak of six. Lost to a Pala which had inspire cards like two of the guys who get +1 health and Kodorider which were really hard to handle for me.
Rewards were okay. Arena run paid for itself plus a little bit more and a GvG pack. Pack was crap though.

That has never been a thing.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm a f2p player and am planning buying a single wing from the adventures once per month, then buying packs/arenas for the other 2 weeks. I have completed naxxramas wing one and am unsure whethwr to buy wing 2, or go for Blackrock wing 1. I am new to the game, have about 100 non basic cards, play most of the classes and am just looking for the cards that will be good in my hodge podge decks as I don't have enough cards to build meta decks. I was thinking Blackrock as patron looks fun but not sure if it works well outside of warrior. So far my only legendary are maexxna and sylvanas.

From naxxramas, imo the most important are

Wing 2
Wing 4

And for BlackRock the Wing 1 is the only one important if you want to make grim patron. Now if you want to make a dragon deck, you will need all the others wings

Hanzou

From naxxramas, imo the most important are

Wing 2
Wing 4

And for BlackRock the Wing 1 is the only one important if you want to make grim patron. Now if you want to make a dragon deck, you will need all the others wings
I want one eventually do all the wings but right now I wasn't to do them in an order that would benefit me the fastest as its going to take me many months to complete them St this rate as I can't justify spending real money based on my finances right now. Is it safe to say that naxx wing 2 is my best next option as Belcher (what's the full name? ) seems like a versatile card? Plus everything else that is gained in that wing.

Haunted

Control warrior vs control warrior is literally decided by who draws Justicar first. :lol

Alexstraza x Grommash suddenly feels pretty impotent when there's a ~20 armour difference thanks to Tank Up vs Armour Up.

inky

Well, my Dragon Warrior was fun while it lasted, but I can't deal with these many Paladins and combo Druids. Switched to fucking cancer christmasdin and already on a winstreak.
I hate myself and this game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Well, my Dragon Warrior was fun while it lasted, but I can't deal with these many Paladins and combo Druids. Switched to fucking cancer christmasdin and already on a winstreak.
I hate myself and this game.

☑ "This fucking game." ☑ "Oh my fucking god." ☑ "Are you fucking kidding me." ☑ "What can I do against this? Nothing." ☑ "Nice fucking game, Blizzard." ☑ "Classic." ☑ "I fucking hate Sylvanas." ☑ "Not cool, not cool." ☑ "Oh my god, fucking cancer" ☑ "Are you serious? Wtf?"

Dragon warrior seems cool but i don't have chillmaw so i can't play it, i wonder if's weaker than standard control warrior, i have no idea.

inky

Why do you still play?

There's obviously some fun to be had. If you didn't catch the overly-dramatic angle of my post then I should tell you there was a overly-dramatic angle to my post.

It's just ladder is a bit crap and not worth the effort, at least with the decks I like playing. Before I could make MalyDruid work... right now I'm finding it more of a chore to do that with non-tier 1 decks. My Dragon Warrior is one of them.

Hanzou

There's obviously some fun to be had. If you didn't catch the overly-dramatic angle of my post then I should tell you there was a overly-dramatic angle to my post.

It's just ladder is a bit crap and not worth the effort, at least with the decks I like playing. Before I could make MalyDruid work... right now I'm finding it more of a chore to do that with non-tier 1 decks.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be an asset, I understood your tone and what you actually meant. I played this a bit in closed beta for a brief period after release but just got back into it a few weeks ago. Now reading this thread and the surrounding reddit I am just getting tired of all the hate at this game. There are so many years people complaining about how shit the game is etc etc. For a free to play to game it's just grates on me, stop playing if you don't like it instead of complaining.

I understand that you are just venting but there seems to be people that just bitch and complain but continue to play. I know this should t surprise me on the Internet but it does.

inky

I've been playing this game on and off since beta. Without sounding like an asset too, if you don't like the complaining then you should stop reading GAF and Reddit, because complaining about games is a very regular occurrence. A way to just let some steam off after something shitty happens, just like people share with others when some amazing play happens.

Dragon warrior seems cool but i don't have chillmaw so i can't play it, i wonder if's weaker than standard control warrior, i have no idea.

In my experience it is a bit weaker. The tools you give up are a bit stronger in general than the ones you get in Dragon Warrior, and lost a ton of value if you can't combo them appropriately and on curve, but I prefer it, because I can cycle in cool cards like Nef, Ysera and Wrynn, and I also feel the early game is more solid.

I should say I don't play like Kolento's DW list, it's just something I put together and keep tweaking. There's probably better versions out there I should try sometime.

Do we think Blizzard will ever release more alternate heroes? I'm guessing when they do they will reduce the cost of them because I don't think the current ones have sold too well.

This was apparently on the press invites for Blizzcon. Seems like a tease for new heroes to me.

blizzcon-2015-affiche2-grand.jpg

Haunted

Won't I just fucking wreck Christmas Tree Paladin with a Deathlord or two? I don't think they run silences or equality.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Won't I just fucking wreck Christmas Tree Paladin with a Deathlord or two? I don't think they run silences or equality.

You will, I have never seen any run equality.

The problem would be having him in your deck vs. other matchups like control warrior.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fjola and Eydis need a deck with six or so buff cards that you would want to play anyway. Priest and Paladin aren't quite there yet.

I even have bad RNG in real life. Every time the fire alarm has gone off in my apartment (four times) I have been in the middle of a Hearthstone match I was going to win. Fuck me.

Fjola and Eydis need a deck with six or so buff cards that you would want to play anyway. Priest and Paladin aren't quite there yet.

Also works with direct spell heals, like flash or holy light. So a priest could run flash, velens, and powerword shield.

Paladin has 7 of these cards, but I doubt most of those cards are worth running or are that great for these 2 cards. Maybe worth testing around though.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this game on and off since beta. Without sounding like an asset too, if you don't like the complaining then you should stop reading GAF and Reddit, because complaining about games is a very regular occurrence. A way to just let some steam off after something shitty happens, just like people share with others when some amazing play happens.

In my experience it is a bit weaker. The tools you give up are a bit stronger in general than the ones you get in Dragon Warrior, and lost a ton of value if you can't combo them appropriately and on curve, but I prefer it, because I can cycle in cool cards like Nef, Ysera and Wrynn, and I also feel the early game is more solid.

I should say I don't play like Kolento's DW list, it's just something I put together and keep tweaking. There's probably better versions out there I should try sometime.

Interesting, one list i saw doesn't have brawls just to fit more stuff but that sounds insane to me, you need at least one brawl. Also Wrynn seems like a greedy pick, has he worked for you?

Savage Roar + Force of Nature.....ugh this game. My mediocre decks can't compete.

Just play tempo mage with a belcher or two, with mirror entity you can really destroy those druids most of the time....except if they play aspirant into your mirror entity, now that's the worst case scenario.

clav

Also works with direct spell heals, like flash or holy light. So a priest could run flash, velens, and powerword shield.

Paladin has 7 of these cards, but I doubt most of those cards are worth running or are that great for these 2 cards. Maybe worth testing around though.

Could combo with Blood Knight.

inky

Interesting, one list i saw doesn't have brawls just to fit more stuff but that sounds insane to me, you need at least one brawl. Also Wrynn seems like a greedy pick, has he worked for you?

Definitely greedy. It's not a staple by any means. Only a few of times it hasn't been a win more card. I run Belchers and Geddon, and when it pulls either on cue it's usually fine. A lot of the time tho it is: "oh, so there are my weapons, or, OK, fucking Alex was 3 picks away then", etc.

I do run brawl. I can't imagine it without brawl with this meta either. I've run 2 brawls a few times too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Patron.

Math is nice but you don't need too much of it. Just a good game sense for lethal/not lethal. And patience.

I got 1-off-lethal'd by a Patron player the other day and laughed all the way to the ensuing win.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Right, I tried not to refer to them by the current deck names because the cards that would make them work weren't known at the time, so the negativity was around paladin secrets themselves as well as getting "Math Warrior" (it wasn't all that different back then) to work.

Lyng

Patron.

Math is nice but you don't need too much of it. Just a good game sense for lethal/not lethal. And patience.

I got 1-off-lethal'd by a Patron player the other day and laughed all the way to the ensuing win.

I dont really mind Patron. Its far from impossible to play against. The only thing that bothers me is that its okay for Warriors to have this kind of combo deck but rogue got nerfed to the ground.
Please bring back Miracle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom