• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A card draw card for 0 mana and an upside? Seems balanced.

Yeah no kidding. 0 mana card draw is arguably strong enough already, since that's basicallly a way to reduce your deck to 28 cards, but with an upside that's ridiculous. Especially one that can give you extra mana.

ZZMitch

Shaman is and will remain shit until something is done with overload. Lavashock is a move in the right direction, but is no where near enough.

It's like reverse-ramp druid, only you need to continually draw overload minions to play "on curve" and if you don't, you're fucked, especially given the prevalence of cheap removal.

Making lavashock a 0 mana card would instantly make shaman competitive. Even if the damage was lowered to 1.

Or add a card like this that fixes SO MANY shaman problems:

97f59e44.png

There will never be a 0 Mana Card draw card unless it has a terrible downside (this has an upside). It literally makes your deck 28 cards.

JoeMartin

Yeah no kidding. 0 mana card draw is arguably strong enough already, since that's basicallly a way to reduce your deck to 28 cards, but with an upside that's ridiculous. Especially one that can give you extra mana.

Remove the card draw and replace it with armor, then. Shaman's principle two problems are card draw and overload. Blizzard's answer to the former was ancestral knowledge, which itself suffers from the latter so it never sees play.

Removal which is cheaper than overload minions (before the overload !!) is ubiquitous. With no effective means for swinging tempo in the other direction, overload is literally only ever a liability. The only two truly tempo cards that shaman has are hex and fire elemental, which, it should come as no surprise, are present in nearly 100% of shaman decks and have no overload. The only overload card that is reliably played is lightning storm, and that's only because shaman has no alternative board clear.

Type overload in the card search and feast your eyes upon 2 and half pages of cards no one plays if they can help it.

ZealousD

Hey guys, I did it. Pirate Rogue is a thing now.

mzVRyTt.png

Type overload in the card search and feast your eyes upon 2 and half pages of cards no one plays if they can help it.

"Who am I? None of your business!"

The answer to making other cards playable is NOT to print new cards that are blatantly overpowered.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
While a 0 mana draw is insane, maybe something similar to solemn vigil would work, but have it tied to overload instead of minions dying.

Would make elemental destruction super good though.

JoeMartin

Without some benefit beyond restoring lost tempo I don't even see it being a strong card, is my problem.

9fac1af6.png

Would make elemental destruction super good though.

I don't see how it would be different from something like Auchenai + CoH, excepting that you'd need to pay another card and more mana to also have a body on the board.

Pooya

what's with all the hyper aggro druids all of a sudden? the deck is really awful too, I prefer this a lot to combo druid, is way easier to win lol.

Fel Reavers don't make much sense here, they run druid of the saber, keep it stealth and play that 7/7 snake instead. That seems far more sensible. Thanks to whoever made this list, druid games were never easier for me...

manhack

what's with all the hyper aggro druids all of a sudden? the deck is really awful too, I prefer this a lot to combo druid, is way easier to win lol.

Fel Reavers don't make much sense here, they run druid of the saber, keep it stealth and play that 7/7 snake instead. That seems far more sensible. Thanks to whoever made this list, druid games were never easier for me...

Some folks raced to legend very quickly using this aggro Druid so now a lot of people are copying it. I agree it isn't as good as regular combo druid, but it has faster games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When did they make it so that you could put the screw back in (GvG board)?

Raxus

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually happy to queue into hunter these days.

I am the same way. I know most of the hunters tricks but paladins late game can be so different that it is hard to know what to save when fighting them. Secrets in general is a cancer on the game that needs to be looked into by the next adventure/set.

Owzers

I am the same way. I know most of the hunters tricks but paladins late game can be so different that it is hard to know what to save when fighting them. Secrets in general is a cancer on the game that needs to be looked into by the next adventure/set.

i hope the next adventure adds more secrets so people won't know exactly what you have.

ZealousD

Without some benefit beyond restoring lost tempo I don't even see it being a strong card, is my problem.

9fac1af6.png

This really isn't that bad. It is comparable to Innervate or Preparation if you are overloaded for 3-4 mana. If you had more cards with heavier overload costs like Elemental Destruction, people would play a card like this.

manhack

I hate em both its pretty much 70% of EU ladder at rank 8-9 the other 20% is Patron derps and the last 10% is every other class.

Paladin has actually been pretty diverse for me the last few days: Pure aggro, Secret Paladins (aggro/mid-range) and pure mid-range. It can make the match up a little harder just because you aren't sure about mysterious challenger until it is too late.

Other than a ton of paladins, my meta has been Warlocks (zoo and handlock), priests, druids and hunters in the majority.

Arol

Anyone else having connection issues ?

Just lost two games in a row because I keep lagging.

Kinda annoyed since it was games I was going to win. Oh well. Guess it's time for a break.

People keep saying arena is more cost effective than buying packs but I can't barely make three wins, what gives?

Since you always get a pack, you only need to get about 50 gold or dust (I personally consider them close enough to 1:1 ratio to be 1:1) to get your full 150 gold value out of arena.

This page has a list of possible rewards at each win http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Arena

So even at 0 wins it is possible to break nearly even if you get lucky.

At 3 wins you are guaranteed to get some gold.

At 5 wins you are guaranteed to get your 50 gold back.

At 7 wins you are guaranteed to get all your investment back + some extra rewards. It can happen before this point but 7 wins is the goal you want to hit each time. Anything extra is great though.

I think arena is great for newer players, because over time you'll learn a lot about the game and become proficient at arena. And once you do so, earning here does become the most efficient. You don't even need to hit 7 wins each time since sometimes you'll get much higher and you'll bank that gold to make up for the times you don't hit 7.

The 0 mana, draw a card, remove overload isn't even that broken in my opinion. That's how bad Shaman is right now.

Shaman isn't that bad right now and they shouldn't be giving classes big bandaids in attempts to make them viable because those produce some major power shifts. The draw a card is clearly too much on this card though tbh.

Mulgrok

I think I will give up on arena after going 0-3 2 runs in a row due to having shit options and getting steamrolled by people with great cards, perfect curves, and tech card counters in hand for everything I do... even at 0-2.

ZealousD

The 0 mana, draw a card, remove overload isn't even that broken in my opinion. That's how bad Shaman is right now.

I don't care if that card would make Shaman broken right now or not. There are certain lines Blizzard should not cross. 0 mana draw a card is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom