• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I could honestly buy it. Secret Paladin is probably the easiest deck to play that this game has ever seen.
Even easier than Face Hunter?

I guess Secret Paladin fares better in the meta than Face Hunter and it's not like it's a difficult deck to pilot to begin with.

Tacitus_

Should be done after drafting classes so you know for sure your bans hurt the other guy more than they hurt you. Otherwise you might as well ban Wisp unless you have something tricky up your sleeve.

Then you could decide to ban something like Dr. Boom to hurt all his classes a little bit, or ban something like Execute to cripple that one class, or ban Worgen Commander to outright kill a certain deck.

It'd be a fun tournament, though might end up being a bunch of zoo and face decks that are super flexible and can do a lot with a ban of healbot and sludge belcher.

I think cards would be banned at the tournament level while classes at the player level. That way you could have for example a tournament that banned Emperor and Boom. People would actually need to think what to bring when those crutches aren't in play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Probably. For Hunter I think there's a little more to mana management and weaving in the hero power optimally. When I think about Secret Paladin I struggle to come up with where the nuance exists, outside of avoiding a complete misplay involving Redemption.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Most decks you win because you make decisions.

Secret Paladin wins because you get a 10/9, a 2/1 with taunt/elusive, a 3/2. and a random Hunter's Mark for 6 mana.

Yeah, a bot could play that easily.

manhack

Also Kripparrian is claiming that there's a new bot software that claims to have gotten quite a few accounts to Legend and he also claims that the bot is also using Secret Paladin deck.

I haven't personally noticed bots yet, but was watching when Kripp was playing an obvious bot who was using paladin.

The main tell was the player doing perfectly timed moves every turn and some plays that seemed a little strange off based on what Kripp had on board.

Pooya

I guess Secret Paladin fares better in the meta than Face Hunter and it's not like it's a difficult deck to pilot to begin with.

yeah, it's more effective. I think you can write an algorithm for aggro version, generally just don't trade, hit face and drop the challenger, it should trigger all of the secrets and with enough repeats you're bound to get above 50 percent winrates. could work. hopefully it's true so that Blizzard takes the hint how poorly designed a 6 6/6 with a stupid battlecry is.

Dahbomb

Most decks you win because you make decisions.

Secret Paladin wins because you get a 10/9, a 2/1 with taunt/elusive, a 3/2. and a random Hunter's Mark for 6 mana.

Yeah, a bot could play that easily.
That feel when even a Bot could make Legend with some overpowered card.

Owzers

Freeze mage
savage roar + force of nature
face hunter
eboladin
secret paladin
patron
control warrior
dragon priest
handlock

Every deck is kinda annoying, so i don't understand why people hate secret paladins outside of it being the newest annoying one.

Freeze mage
face hunter
eboladin
secret paladin
patron
control warrior
dragon priest
handlock

Every deck is kinda annoying, so i don't understand why people hate secret paladins outside of it being the newest annoying one.

I dunno, the only deck that equals a 6 mana - do everything and fuck you in annoyance is Freeze Mage and Steal Your Shit priest. Patron and Mech Mage can be pretty annoying too

You know what, you are right. Fuck this game

Santiako

Freeze mage
face hunter
eboladin
secret paladin
patron
control warrior
dragon priest
handlock

I only hate it because it represents more than half of the ladder.

Freeze mage - uninteractive
midrange or combo druid - perfectly fine
face hunter - fine, although I don't like playing them too often but easy to beat and tech against
eboladin - same as face hunter
secret paladin - mostly fine but MC seems like a bit too much
patron - uninteractive but at least not as bad as freeze mage
control warrior - fine, don't even know why anyone would complain about cw
dragon priest - fine
handlock - fine

There are more decks than that on ladder than that of course.

Tempo mage
mech mage
control priest
zoo warlock/demonzoo lock
midrange paladin
demon handlock
midrange + hybrid hunter

Owzers

i hate control warrior matches, if i put too many minions on the board they brawl, and between that it's shield slam/other stuff until justicar comes out and it doesn't matter what i do after that. But like i said, most matches are terrible so it's hard to single one of them out. When i play hunter i prefer to face other hunters and just let the draw decide.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think cards would be banned at the tournament level while classes at the player level. That way you could have for example a tournament that banned Emperor and Boom. People would actually need to think what to bring when those crutches aren't in play.

Sounds boring. Boom might force another less seen large drop, and Emperor might kill Freeze mage and Patron, but it doesn't really mix things up that much.

i hate control warrior matches, if i put too many minions on the board they brawl, and between that it's shield slam/other stuff until justicar comes out and it doesn't matter what i do after that. But like i said, most matches are terrible so it's hard to single one of them out. When i play hunter i prefer to face other hunters and just let the draw decide.

So because the match up is difficult? I don't understand. Brawl? Come on...

Pooya

I don't like CW match up right now because I'm playing rogue and it was hard enough before already. now with Justicar there is just a really narrow window to win.

Miletius

At some point I need to bite the bullet and craft some epics. I've been holding off because I generally craft legendaries and get the epics I want through packs. But I still don't have any copies of Lighbomb and I only have 1 Cabal Shadow Priest. I want to run control priest so bad though.

On the other hand, I want a Paletress and I also want a Nexus Champion Sarad as well. Decisions, decisions.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
midrange or combo druid - perfectly fine
I'm calling your bluff.
N37bD8p.png

tootsi666

So only known players qualified to Blizzcon from EU. What happened to invites suppressing the vast talent pool of unknown players Keepo

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm seeing the end of Trump right before my eyes :(

Prototype

Ok, I ended up getting Naxx and beating it , haven't beaten heroic mode yet and still have a few challenges left to do, but was wondering...

At this point should I also buy Blackrock? Or should I invest in packs ?

Dahbomb

Dragon Priest is probably the most fair competitive deck out right now. It's playstyle is like playing an Arena deck which has synergy. You just play strong minions on curve. I can't even point to one card in that deck that is ridiculously OP.

Every other deck has something which is OP. Mages/Hunters have Mad Scientists, Druids have combo plus Emperor, Freeze Mage is Freeze Mage, Grim Patron is Grim Patron etc.

I guess Control Priest and Control Warrior are also fair though CW's armor is getting out of hand. This is mostly a problem in the control vs control match up.... against Aggro CW is about the same as before.

Miletius

Ok, I ended up getting Naxx and beating it , haven't beaten heroic mode yet and still have a few challenges left to do, but was wondering...

The consensus is the first wing of Blackrock is pretty good. It has Grim Patron and Emperor Thaurassian, both of which are pretty staple cards in a few key decks. After that, the rest of Blackrock is less good, but if you plan on playing something like Dragon (anything) then you probably want to invest in the rest of Blackrock.

Prototype

The consensus is the first wing of Blackrock is pretty good. It has Grim Patron and Emperor Thaurassian, both of which are pretty staple cards in a few key decks. After that, the rest of Blackrock is less good, but if you plan on playing something like Dragon (anything) then you probably want to invest in the rest of Blackrock.
Ok, thanks for the advice.

I'm still new , but I've had the best luck with priest and I like it the most, healing cards and getting multiple uses from a single card and keeping board control through efficient use of each card. After that Mage and Druid.

I still feel like I'm missing a lot of cards though. I'm gonna think on it a bit before getting Blackrock if. There's not a lot of good cards. I may just spend the money on packs.

If you don't care about dragons then the only other cards that are particularly good are Grim Patron, Emperor Thaurissan, Quick Shot, Imp Gang Boss and Flamewaker.

Personally I'd say, if you want to play dragon decks then buy Blackrock. Otherwise save up 700 gold and buy wing 1 that way and then spend your money on some packs.

I'm calling your bluff.
N37bD8p.png

They've existed since the beginning of the game pretty much. There are plenty of ways to beat the deck consistently. And a 14 damage combo is on the low side of combo decks. The only thing they get to do is sometimes get it off a turn or 2 earlier than normally possible.

Hell, rogue oil combo can easily hit for 22 damage off 8 or so mana with the right cards. And it clears the board in case that matters. Even on the low end blade flurry is often more degenerate than druid combo since you have to often clear board with it, whereas rogue's combo often does both.

Prototype

If you don't care about dragons then the only other cards that are particularly good are Grim Patron, Emperor Thaurissan, Quick Shot, Imp Gang Boss and Flamewaker.

Personally I'd say, if you want to play dragon decks then buy Blackrock. Otherwise save up 700 gold and buy wing 1 that way and then spend your money on some packs.
I was kind of on the fence before but the other cards you mentioned, imp boss and flame walker sound really good.

Would also be nice to hear more options in general. The only way to get those cards is with the expansion right?

_DrMario_

6 loses in a row with my new secret paladin. Why do I even play this game. Can't even win with a deck that a bot can take to legend.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yooo Trump is wearing a shirt of himself hahaha

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
6 loses in a row with my new secret paladin. Why do I even play this game. Can't even win with a deck that a bot can take to legend.

Maybe you need to practice the deck more? For me every time i try out a new deck i keep losing with it at the start, i dunno what it is but i need a lot of matches to really feel like a deck clicks with me.

_DrMario_

What version of the deck are you playing? I had a lot more success with the deck after making it more aggro.

I was using the deck from Tempo Storm meta snapshot. They said they felt the hybrid version was better. Except I got destroyed in every mirror match up that had the more aggro version.

I was kind of on the fence before but the other cards you mentioned, imp boss and flame walker sound really good.

Would also be nice to hear more options in general. The only way to get those cards is with the expansion right?

Imp Gang Boss and Flamewaker are good cards but they're typically only used in 1-2 types of deck for their class so they're not what I'd label as super vital.

And yeah, only way to get them is through the expansion.

Prototype

Imp Gang Boss and Flamewaker are good cards but they're typically only used in 1-2 types of deck for their class so they're not what I'd label as super vital.

And yeah, only way to get them is through the expansion.
Ok, good to know.

Gonna try to mop up the rest of challenges before I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom