• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Scumbag opponent gets nozdormu from esportal and proceeds to abuse it with animations at the end of his turn to cut mine short. still won tho. fuck you guy.

Heropon

Even when they lose, Paladins in arena are really obnoxious. The last one had Murloc Knight, Mukla's Champion, North Sea Kraken and Shielded Minibot. So annoying.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
When you burn Ysera instead of realizing you have lethal

Ysera out? (of the deck)
PogChamp.png

In other news i was playing vs freeze mage today and i managed to topdeck Dr. Boom with doomsayer on the mage's board when he was at 4HP with both secrets, can you guess what happened next?
laugh.gif

jesus, Christmas pally is true cancer and mc should be a damn legendary.

I dislike Mysterious Cancer but it is really just a big power check on your deck. Is what you are trying to do with your deck broken enough to beat the baseline set of broken Secret Paladin brings to the table? If not then you might have to re-evaluate your deck.

There's always going to be some deck that's this kind of "no fun allowed" sort of gatekeeper. It just sucks that right now it's on a deck that is as straightforward and dumb to play as Secret Paladin is.

Currently losing to:

- A Priest with double Mind Control, who also got two Shadow Word: Deaths from his Thoughtsteals
- A Hunter who played Mogor the Ogre
- A Zoo playing DOUBLE TWISTING NETHER

This fucking game. At least I won my next few games. Low ranks are hell. Need to git gud.

Dog, kitchen sink ranks are the best. It's literally impossible to be mad about losing to double twisting nether.

I know, I shouldn't be mad, but when that second Nether came down I went full Kripp "WHAT THE FUCK?"

I had that game won, literally no other card would have saved him. Then he played a Dread Infernal and got a Demonheart off on it and I was done.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nexus Saraad continues to be the most hilarious card. Got a spellbender which protected my water ele from execute vs. a patron, and later got redemption which ended up proccing on a boombot, one of which sniped his double frothing lethal play and let me clean up the board.

Then I got Dark Wispers from Spellslinger for lethal, lol.

Nexus Saraad continues to be the most hilarious card. Got a spellbender which protected my water ele from execute vs. a patron, and later got redemption which ended up proccing on a boombot, one of which sniped his double frothing lethal play and let me clean up the board.

Then I got Dark Wispers from Spellslinger for lethal, lol.

My best story was getting bane of doom and then malganis. Pretty much instant concede after that.

I tried spellslinger a couple games. Got one rage friend invite presumably because I got some damage off spellslinger which let me lethal. I didn't accept though.

Haunted

Currently losing to:

- A Priest with double Mind Control, who also got two Shadow Word: Deaths from his Thoughtsteals
- A Hunter who played Mogor the Ogre
- A Zoo playing DOUBLE TWISTING NETHER

This fucking game. At least I won my next few games. Low ranks are hell. Need to git gud.
Much more fun than losing to completely identical netdecked Christmas Tree Paladin #37 or Patron Warrior #214.

While there's some fun in predicting what the opponent might play and incorporate this into your strategy, nothing drains my desire to play the game quicker than seeing the same exact decks again and again.

Much more fun than losing to completely identical netdecked Christmas Tree Paladin #37 or Patron Warrior #214.

While there's some fun in predicting what the opponent might play and incorporate this into your strategy, nothing drains my desire to play the game quicker than seeing the same exact decks again and again.

Every single warrior I've played today has played the same cards in nearly the same order... its just a question of wether or not I got the cards to bump him off before the patron spam. It's making thin about jacking in playing this and playing something else.

It's either that or become part of the problem myself and play MC Paladin or Patron Warrior. And it's a shame that it's come to that.

Prototype

im getting sucked into hearthstone pretty hard...

Done with Naxx and now I think I want to buy Blackrock.
It'll give me something to do until I have more Quests...

squidyj

the worst feeling in the game is going on that losing streak that drops you a rank, you're sitting on that empty bar thinking, please, please, at least let me hold onto the rank I've got, and then you get your worst matchup and a shit draw and it's over. :(

Levi

Banned
Anyone have the list for Kibler's latest Dragon Mage using Malygos and Rhonin? Looks fun

It's on Hearthstone Top Decks as Fireworks Mage and it's super fun. Went from 19 to 14 with it!

Of course, sometimes you just lose because you gave your opponent ice block or tree of life, but those are the breaks.

Does anyone have a link to a good "beneath the grounds" rogue? Here is what I have so far

2 x Backstab
1 x Prep (Probably should finally craft a second one)
2 x Deadly Poison
2 x Blade Flurry
2 x Eviscerate
2 x Sap
2 x Cutpurse
2 x Beneath the Grounds
2 x S1:7 Agent
2 x Burgle
2 x Fan of Knives (probably need to ditch these)
2 x Piloted Shredder
1 x Antique Healbot
1 x Loatheb
2 x Sludge Belcher
1 x Dark Iron Skulker
1 x Emperor
1 x Sprint
1 x Anub'Arak

I'm having a hard time in the early game, hard to imagine not having Dr Boom in as well. Any advice appreciated.
Also, i'm planning on laddering with rogue this month so if anyone has a link to a good mech rogue, would love to see that too

Dahbomb

id assume you'd play beneath the grounds in a mill rogue deck
No you don't.

That's because if you mill/burn Beneath the Ground you don't actually get the effect of the Nerubian spawn. In that situation all you are doing is increasing their deck count which actually takes it longer for you to actually kill them via fatigue.

The card's mechanics run counter to what the Mill Rogue deck is supposed to be doing.

Prototype

As a newer player I have a question and I hope I don't get blasted for it.

I've been making my own decks up to this point but I want to win more. Given the nature of the internet where anyone can look things up to find the best strategies -- which means many other Hearthstone players are likely doing this, and that fact that to get gold -- and raise my rank-- I need to win consistently,

what are good resources for newer players? I have a few decks that I like, but I would like to try some good pre-built decks that are out there. I don't have a lot of legendary cards and only have Naxx, but I have bought a few booster packs too.

I don't have a ton of cards, but want to push the cards I do have to the limit.
My guess is that looking up decks is probably looked down on,(even thought I'd bet many players do it to 1 degree or another) and I want to be efficient in my time playing because I don't have a lot of time to play.

hopefully I didn't piss anyone off, I know how these kinds of questions can set some people off.

I've been making my own decks up to this point but I want to win more. Given the nature of the internet where anyone can look things up to find the best strategies -- which means many other Hearthstone players are likely doing this, and that fact that to get gold -- and raise my rank-- I need to win consistently,

what are good resources for newer players? I have a few decks that I like, but I would like to try some good pre-built decks that are out there. I don't have a lot of legendary cards and only have Naxx, but I have bought a few booster packs too.

My guess is that looking up decks is probably looked down on,(even thought I'd bet many players do it to 1 degree or another) and I want to be efficient in my time playing because I don't have a lot of time to play.

hopefully I didn't piss anyone off, I know how these kinds of questions can set some people off.

You can try Hearthpwn, plenty of decks there.

Or Tempostorm's meta snapshot if you want to look at the most competitive decks.

Net decking is fine. You're not going to make a home mad, friend.

Mulgrok

Believe it or not I've seen a ton of these decks the last 2 days since it is now #1 on Hearthpwn.

Time for me to put deadly shot and reckless rocketeers in my face hunter then. Priests usually concede when i deadly shot a deathlord and rocketeer pops out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So does control warrior run deathlord now or is this meant to be a different type of warrior?
Some can. It's a flexible deck. With heavy removal you can neutralize the battle cry on some cards hard matchups use.

ricelord

hmmm made a mech mage rage quit in ranked, he friended me then start talking smack after losing because he got mill for playing both his fel reavers,

So does control warrior run deathlord now or is this meant to be a different type of warrior?

tank warrior.

Looking up decks is fine. Just realize that copying a deck doesn't always guarantee instant success. Learning how to play the deck is part of the process too.

Dahbomb

Even when I am making my own decks... I go online and try to find similar decks. Chances are someone already thought of the deck and has refined it even further. It's what I did with the current Holy Champion Control Priest deck, I made one at the start of TGT then I looked up Zetalot's version after which I made some personal adjustments to the deck.

So don't get discouraged from looking at online decks. I consider that to be a learning experience. When looking at an online deck always try to critically analyze why every single card is in the deck. You will soon find out that deck lists online end up being dated and only really relevant in a very short term meta. Like you might find some Druid deck with double BGH because at the time of its creation Handlock was most prevalent.

Even when I am making my own decks... I go online and try to find similar decks. Chances are someone already thought of the deck and has refined it even further. It's what I did with the current Holy Champion Control Priest deck, I made one at the start of TGT then I looked up Zetalot's version after which I made some personal adjustments to the deck.

So don't get discouraged from looking at online decks. I consider that to be a learning experience. When looking at an online deck always try to critically analyze why every single card is in the deck. You will soon find out that deck lists online end up being dated and only really relevant in a very short term meta. Like you might find some Druid deck with double BGH because at the time of its creation Handlock was most prevalent.

Good points. Along those same lines, on my free account I'll look up a solid basic deck then see examine it against my current collection card-by-card to see if I have some better cards to sub in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom