• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
0-3 against control warrior with midrange druid tonight. WTF is going on. It's the only matchup I'm losing tonight, and ladder is filthy with them. I know I'm supposed to be favored, but if I ever get them close to lethal range they always armor up like crazy.

Xanathus

0-3 against control warrior with midrange druid tonight. WTF is going on. It's the only matchup I'm losing tonight, and ladder is filthy with them. I know I'm supposed to be favored, but if I ever get them close to lethal range they always armor up like crazy.

It's been discussed in r/competitivehs that the fatigue warrior deck has an improved matchup against combo druid if they can get Justicar out early and clear the board, especially against druids running Aspirants and Living Roots since they have to cut down on mid-game threats for those.

Haunted

Hunter has felt really fucking weak lately. Like a just not-as-good version of similar decks out there.

Kinda like Zoolock felt after Face Hunter was built.

Xanathus

Hunter has felt really fucking weak lately. Like a just not-as-good version of similar decks out there.

Kinda like Zoolock felt after Face Hunter was built.

So far this season I've had a 100% winrate vs Hunter using Druid (of all classes), but I think the problem is that Hunters are trying to be too Midrange with King Elekks and Bear Traps. You DON'T have to use TGT cards just because they're new.

I made it to rank 8 last season as Hybrid. Not great but still. I'm going to be using Demon Handlock this season I think. People just don't know how to fight it at low ranks.

CQm2UNOVAAAaStb.png:large

Cannot believe that just happened. Only way he could have won and he got it. Equality from spellslinger with 2 argus taunted giants...

Xanathus

I made it to rank 8 last season as Hybrid. Not great but still. I'm going to be using Demon Handlock this season I think.

Mmmmm I'd hold off on Demon Handlock until you're out of the ranks full of aggro decks but Handlock in general is very good when you're facing a lot of Warriors (of all types).

Rogue continues to perform. Had a couple BS losses (like druid's turn 7 combo for 28 damage), but still managed 8-5 record. Up to rank 7.

Really getting a lot out of sludge belcher in this meta. Especially against paladins where recovery usually is a very weak option and I need to prevent damage. Unlike face hunter or midrange hunter where I can get away with using healbot to win the match up, I need to do more against secret paladin than healbot back up.

I made it to rank 8 last season as Hybrid. Not great but still. I'm going to be using Demon Handlock this season I think. People just don't know how to fight it at low ranks.

Cannot believe that just happened. Only way he could have won and he got it. Equality from spellslinger with 2 argus taunted giants...

I just played and beat a demon handlock by turn 7, wasn't even that good of a start for me :D

Haunted

So far this season I've had a 100% winrate vs Hunter using Druid (of all classes), but I think the problem is that Hunters are trying to be too Midrange with King Elekks and Bear Traps. You DON'T have to use TGT cards just because they're new.
Mostly playing as control warrior and had a similar experience.

Then again, I understand the need to use TGT cards. Why even play the game at all if you're not going to use new cards.

I've made a very easy climb to rank 5 the past two seasons with Face Hunter. No TGT cards. The class is still scummy.

But yeah, I won the fastest vs the Midrange Hunter decks experimenting with TGT stuff.

I've made a very easy climb to rank 5 the past two seasons with Face Hunter. No TGT cards. The class is still scummy.

But yeah, I won the fastest vs the Midrange Hunter decks experimenting with TGT stuff.

That's how I got to 5 the first time too. When the deck draws perfectly there is basically nothing that can stop it which is ridiculous. But it also keeps the super greedy control decks honest. It's just a little too effective for my tastes.

Lol Kripp just got robbed on stream. Rania caught the guy though and beat the living shit out of him.

Holy shit that actually happened? I saw Rania in the cam out of the corner of my eye and saw chat spamming shit like TriHard How good is burgle TriHard and thought it was all a big rib. Thats fucked up. Hope everything is ok. That robber should have skipped the Kripp.

edit: VOD
http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/v/19339172?t=1h57m33s

Pooya

patron mirror, I have axe equipped, on turn 5 he plays berserker and unstable ghoul. Having no whirlwinds in hand that was very helpful. lolol /facepalm

the worst feeling in the game is going on that losing streak that drops you a rank, you're sitting on that empty bar thinking, please, please, at least let me hold onto the rank I've got, and then you get your worst matchup and a shit draw and it's over. :(

In August i was rank 1 with 5 stars. Literally one win from legendary. It was also my full first month playing the game i started at the end of July. I ran into patron x5 dropped to rank 2 and never recovered. Didn't even do rank in September. Lol.... man.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Odd, the Battle.Net launcher is re downloading the whole client... 1GB or sumethin'

Finalow

EU ladder is so much easier that it's not even funny.

UE rank 20 = shitty basic cards decks
US rank 20 = legend decks with Dr.7 and all the combos

Danj

EU ladder is so much easier that it's not even funny.

UE rank 20 = shitty basic cards decks
US rank 20 = legend decks with Dr.7 and all the combos

Don't know what alternate universe EU server you're playing on but I still can't get off the mark this season, stuck on Rank 20 right now.

Haunted

EU is hard mode
US is easy mode

(it actually depends on where you've spent more time on as that's part of the matchmaking consideration, especially at low ranks)

It was more of a joke.

Funny and Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 131

2 appearances by Brian Brian Kibler Kibler from Brian Kibler gaming master of duels tamer of dragons.
NSFW warning for Brian Kibler Gaming's Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler orgasming live on stream.

Heropon

I drop Kraken, Ironbark and Ironbark one after another in arena and that fucking mage had three polymorphs. I'm SALTY.

Edit: And now another mage has Kel'Thuzad and Dr. Boom! I still won because he was terrible but wow.

Pooya

I don't know how it is at rank 20, but in single digit ranks competition is way tougher on EU. Pretty much second half of month, rank 10 and better it's just gold heroes and legend card backs across the board. US? It's really easy, there is like zero face hunters on EU server, US is still has a LOT of face hunters....give up people.

During qualifiers casters were saying how Otskaka doesn't play on EU ladder because getting legend points is easier on US as EU server has more legend players every season.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't know how it is at rank 20, but in single digit ranks competition is way tougher on EU. Pretty much second half of month, rank 10 and better it's just gold heroes and legend card backs across the board. US? It's really easy, there is like zero face hunters on EU server, US is still has a LOT of face hunters....give up people.

During qualifiers casters were saying how Otskaka doesn't play on EU ladder because getting legend points is easier on US as EU server has more legend players every season.
Yeah that's bullshit. Rank 5 and up is nothing but legend card backs and gold heroes on US.

Owzers

man arena, i finally decided to try it again after reading up on it. I drafted a pretty good Paladin deck and my first match is against a paladin who drafts an Equality and gets consecration with it to kill my stuff, match pretty much over after that :/

Finalow

Don't know what alternate universe EU server you're playing on but I still can't get off the mark this season, stuck on Rank 20 right now.
idk, that's what happens to me in the trench. maybe you're just unlucky

(it actually depends on where you've spent more time on as that's part of the matchmaking consideration, especially at low ranks)
oh ok, this explains it. I hardly played on EU

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I saw loads of gold portraits on US last month from 10 on even doing it in the 20s nearing the end of the month. Seems like a heavy YMMV thing.

can someone on US server playing now add me for the spectator mode quest, Final#1493

I just added you if you're still there. I'm Papercuts#1714

Is everyone excited to play free pack mode tomorrow to get their one free pack? I can't wait to play only one game and get my free classic pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom