• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

Anub'Arak: long time Warcraft character
Druid legendary: almost naked girl that Ben Brode told us to vote for

I don't know, Niro. They both have things going for them in a popularity contest.

georly

Wonder if druid is aviana http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Aviana

latest

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Anub'Arak: long time Warcraft character
Druid legendary: almost naked girl that Ben Brode told us to vote for

I don't know, Niro. They both have things going for them in a popularity contest.

Well he couldn't save the Priest card last time.

Arol

Hello everyone,

I just started playing about two months ago, mainly just lurking this thread, reading the OP, guides online, watching streams and I've bought Naxx Exp and a few card packs from Classic and GvG.

And I know I don't have as many cards as others at this point, but whats the player distribution in constructed ranked play?

It feels like I'm just playing people with insane decks, legendaries, gold cards, gold heroes etc.

Is it because the season just started so everyone is just trying to climb the ladder? I got to rank 20 so I got the card back lol, but I'd like to have semi-competitive matches.

Should I just stick to casual for another week or so?

Dahbomb

/BenBrodeLaugh

In all seriousness though druid could use a good legendary after the shit that was Malorne.
That applies to pretty much every class post GvG that wasn't Warlock...

Though I guess Gallywix and Voljin were decent at least.

Raxus

Hello everyone,

I just started playing about two months ago, mainly just lurking this thread, reading the OP, guides online, watching streams and I've bought Naxx Exp and a few card packs from Classic and GvG.

And I know I don't have as many cards as others at this point, but whats the player distribution in constructed ranked play?

It feels like I'm just playing people with insane decks, legendaries, gold cards, gold heroes etc.

Is it because the season just started so everyone is just trying to climb the ladder? I got to rank 20 so I got the card back lol, but I'd like to have semi-competitive matches.

Should I just stick to casual for another week or so?

Casual can be even worse past a certain point. Stick to ranked. You can still build a respectable deck with limited legendaries. A couple of the best legendaries are in the adventures.

That applies to pretty much every class post GvG that wasn't Warlock...

Though I guess Gallywix and Voljin were decent at least.
Yeah, Gallywix wouldn't be so bad if he had other cards to support him and if silence wasn't so rampant.

Rapstah

Aviana: 7 mana 4/6
Battlecry: If you have a Beast, transform into a 4/6 Beast.

Edit: Master of Ceremonies is similar to Goblin Sapper, but at least with this one you can sort of control when you want to give it the buff. May change if they release way more Spell Damage cards.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I think the new card is just before its time. Bad right now but 3 mana 6/4 will be crazy someday when there is enough burn/spell power to make a burn centric deck.

Pooya

I'm guessing Anub'Arak works like Dark Iron Skulker. Deal 2 damage to every undamaged enemy minion and then heal your hero equal to total damage. It's better if Anub gains health instead, something that really sticks to the board, he should just have enough base health before buff too in case of silence, if it's 6 drop or less it could be pretty good. More and won't see play.

Rapstah

I'm guessing Anub'Arak work like Dark Iron Skulker. Deal 2 damage to every undamaged enemy minion and then heal your hero equal to total damage. It's better if Anub gains health instead, something that really sticks to the board, he should just have enough base health before buff too in that case, if it's 6 drop or less it could be pretty good. More and won't see play.

Maybe it's a big Anub'ar Ambusher which does a Vanish as a Deathrattle instead of sending a random friendly minion back. They probably want Control Rogue to run that card and take advantage of it and I'm assuming they're not making another Nerubian card strictly for Oil Rogue.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't even know there were notable Harpies.

Anubarak all da way.

Magnus

Weird ; they're using the TCG art for a 'child of Aviana' to actually be Aviana in HS? Isn't HS a big enough deal to warrant better art direction than that, never mind recycled art? (I realize many HS cards use old/existing art - point still stands though)

Rapstah

Weird ; they're using the TCG art for a 'child of Aviana' to actually be Aviana in HS? Isn't HS a big enough deal to warrant better art direction than that, never mind recycled art? (I realize many HS cards use old/existing art - point still stands though)

The art for Aviana is pretty meh:

aviana_the_reborn_woa.jpg

gutshot

It is a bit strange, considering there is an actual Aviana card as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That would go against the marketing plan so we'll have to wait several days while they're "working on it" to get the cards out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom