• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

while both can have insane openings, paladin has far too many possible combos so much that it's not as draw dependent as a tempo mage. Pretty much everything combos together for paladin, some better than other and you have the most insane card draw which tempo mage doesn't have. It's a lot worse.

Divine shield is a real challenge to deal with early in the game, it slows you down considerably. Secrets and mirror images are not as cheap or effective actually.

I really don't agree. For instance, mage can do either Coin + Sorcerer's apprentice + mirror image, or they can do wyrm + coin + mirror image on turn 1. Their whole deck lines up well with flame waker, too, and they get the mad scientist OP combo while aggro paladin typically doesn't.

I suspect that it really depends on what decks you play. I find paladin very easy because I play control warrior; I suspect someone who plays a lot of grinder mage would find tempo mage much easier, for instance.

CoolOff

I would put tempo mage in the same category as ebolapaladin: they can have turn 1/2/3 plays which are nearly unbeatable.

Turn 1 mana wyrm + coin mirror + entity, turn 2 sorcerer's apprentice, turn 3 flamewaker + arcane missiles is very, very tough.

I feel like both those decks are somewhat akin to old undertaker decks, where if they draw right then it's clear by turn 3 that the game is over.

Was talking Arena though, something that wasn't obvious I guess. :)

nynt9

What we need is an accelerator that allows the 'inspire' effect of the next card you play to trigger for free - something similar to Dragon Consort except neutral. It would effectively be a 2 mana cost-reduction (hero power not included). I believe that approach would be preferable to a Mechwarper-like card which consistently lowers the cost and allows for snowball effects.

2 mana 2/1 Battlecry: trigger all inspire effects on your minions

Something like that would be useful.

georly

2 mana 2/1 Battlecry: trigger all inspire effects on your minions

Something like that would be useful.

Makes me wonder if inspire will be paladin's shtick, since it seems like a paladin-y thing to do. Warrior too, maybe. Inspiring its armies. I think that card would be better as a class card than a neutral.

embalm

Paladin class cards must be too good that they are saving them for last! Neutral ones already give face paladin quite a bit of ammo.
I think they are saving some of the really good "new deck" cards for closer to release. They did the same thing with the best Dragon Synergy cards for BRD. While that deck didn't work out, we get a lot more cards this time.

It isn't only paladin either. We haven't seen much from any classes other than Shaman and Mage.

Do we have class stats anywhere? That could also influence which cards get shown. Granted, I can't imagine too many people playing Shaman but so far their cards have been pretty good since they want to buff them a little.

Special C

So al-Alakir is 3.5 mana in stats?

Rhino has charge, warsong doesn't. Charge is 2 points of stats below vanilla , often more. (see bluegill vs any 3/2, wolfrider vs any 3/4 etc...)

Best measuring stick is Stormwind Knight. 2/5 with charge is worth exactly a 4 drop in base stats.

_DrMario_

UOHEAzwl.jpg

The nightmare is over. I never have to play Shaman again.

Pooya

It just occurred to me that the last patch only added background for two brawls, one we have played now, the other one coming this week. So next week there must be another patch or it's repeats. If there is another patch maybe they actually patch the new set in then too. Maybe we see all the cards before then.

Raxus

I hope druid gets a midgame legendary.

Dunno what paladin needs at the moment. Blizzard has been all over with them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
finally Dalaran Mage will get into play!

lol

Dahbomb

ANCIENT MAGE BOYS!!!!!

Meh card IMO. Just another conditional, boring stats buff.

I feel that this card would've been more interesting if it worked off of enemy's Spell damage minions as well.

Stat distribution is pretty off as well. At one buff, you are at 6/4 and that 4 health still gets killed by the usual stuff like Truesilver GG/Death Bite/Shredder etc. With two buffs it gets put into BGH range.

Well below average in Arena... this card is better in Constructed vs Arena because you of course can't count on getting spell damage minions (unless you are using Shaman class in which case it's not a bad pick for that class).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Would Malygos decks or Oil Rogue use that?
Since it's four health, the biggest gains are if you're actually playing it on turn three and then hitting them in the face for six, so you'd want it in a deck where you want to play spell power cards on turn 1 or 2.

Presumably some kind of burn down deck where you'd going face with both spells and minions.

Pooya

oh it actually gains 2/2 only once, it's no blood knight. Maybe it is useful for Shaman, it won't see any play elsewhere. Azure Drake is the only Spell Damage card that get play the most and you usually play that when you want card draw, chances for combo seem poor at best. For decks that run bloodmage, this really has no place.

Maybe priest play it with velen's chosen, really has no room there either.

Opiate

Do we want to reveal dancing swords or dancing swords?

It's fixed for me now. Did anyone else see the new legendaries both as dancing swords?

New card vote won't load all the way for me but it's Rogue legendary and Druid legendary with the twitter campaign.

Rogue legendary appears to be Anub'arak.

Edit: There, Santiako got it.

Dahbomb

oh it actually gains 2/2 only once, it's no blood knight. Maybe it is useful for Shaman, it won't see any play elsewhere. Azure Drake is the only Spell Damage card that get play the most and you usually play that when you want card draw, chances for combo seem poor at best. For decks that run bloodmage, this really has no place.
Wait it only gets buffed once?

LOL that's even worse!

3UjzccM.png

New vote, hot almost naked lady vs monster thing.

Voting for the thing on the left, hoping it's mah boi Anub'Arak, dunno why he is a Rogue card though

I always thought Anub'Arak legendary would be it steals one health from every minion on the field and adds it to his own health pool, and gains taunt, like his Locust Swarm ult in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom