• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

After 100 runs tracked my opponents looked like this:

Druid: 8.04%
Hunter: 8.04%
Mage: 28.44%
Paladin: 21.1%
Priest: 10.49%
Rogue: 6.76%
Shaman: 7.69%
Warlock: 5.59%
Warrior: 3.85%

So it's probably not 90% tbh.

Dahbomb

After 100 runs tracked my opponents looked like this:

Druid: 8.04%
Hunter: 8.04%
Mage: 28.44%
Paladin: 21.1%

Priest: 10.49%
Rogue: 6.76%
Shaman: 7.69%
Warlock: 5.59%
Warrior: 3.85%

So it's probably not 90% tbh.
Sounds about right to be honest.

Though the more important stat is how the percentage looks like past 5-6 wins.

Correct:

Though the first time that wasn't intended as far as I can tell:
They need to fix the wording on the site then because it says 'early' on it.
GFaJuPWh.jpg
I guess the website is as poorly worded as their cards!

gutshot

They need to fix the wording on the site then because it says 'early' on it.
I guess the website is as poorly worded as their cards!

All the cards are technically being revealed 'early' in that we are seeing them before the expansion releases. I think that is what they mean.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The Wisp/TargetDummy of this set should be a 0 mana 0/2 that gives +1 spell damage. That fits the theme of all the 0 mana minions basically being totems. Then... Master of Ceremonies becomes playable? Probably not.

Dahbomb

The Wisp/TargetDummy of this set should be a 0 mana 0/2 that gives +1 spell damage. That fits the theme of all the 0 mana minions basically being totems. Then... Master of Ceremonies becomes playable? Probably not.
LOL that card would actually be WORSE than Wisp/Target Dummy...

Pooya

pulled a poison seed + volcanic lumberer combo in arena followed by molten giant :p won me the game against a paladin, I only had 8 health and empty board, 4 big drop on the other side lol.

I really like the volcanic, it's really cool. I feel it could work in constructed too. If you do swipe against a zoo, it's pretty much going to cost 2-3.

georly

0 mana 0/1 spell power stealth could be interesting

I've always thought a similar weapon would be good for mage. That said, I do like that only hunter/war/rogue/paladin edit: and shaman have weapons.

2 or 3 mana 0/1 weapon + 1 spellpower. You basically don't use it, but remove durability/destroy weapon would be needed to get rid of it.

Edit:
Shaman.

Druids also technically turn into weapons.

TY for reminding me.

Dahbomb

pulled a poison seed + volcanic lumberer combo in arena followed by molten giant :p won me the game against a paladin, I only had 8 health and empty board, 4 big drop on the other side lol.

I really like the volcanic, it's really cool. I feel it could work in constructed too. If you do swipe against a zoo, it's pretty much going to cost 2-3.
I think what holds Volcanic Drake back is the 4 health.

I have played with Volcanic Drake a lot and while it can lead into some huge tempo swing plays... the health is just too low.

The card at 5/5 would've been extremely powerful I feel especially if Dragon tribe was good. Had some good success with Dragon Hunter using Volcanic Drake combo with Hunter's Mark, UTH and Snake Trap.

georly

Ahh, the long rumored 9th class, will it be introduced with this expansion?

If they ever introduce a new class, I wonder if the amount of class cards it gets will equal that of the other classes at the time or if it'll equal what each of those classes launched at, or maybe something in between, and then play catch-up during each expac (by getting an extra handful of cards more than the others).

And we're all assuming new classes will match WoW class choices, right? DK and Monk, right?

ADWCTA reviews the latest TGT cards from an Arena perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W0XFZnL3A8

One interesting note: he thinks Silent Knight may become the best neutral 3-drop in Arena. Compares it to Harvest Golem except it leaves behind a 2/2 body instead of a 2/1.

I don't think that's a great comparison, if you attack a 2/3 with Silent Knight you have a 2/2 remaining. If you attack a 2/3 with Harvest Golem, you have a 2/1 that has a deathrattle to another 2/1

I don't think that's a great comparison, if you attack a 2/3 with Silent Knight you have a 2/2 remaining. If you attack a 2/3 with Harvest Golem, you have a 2/1 that has a deathrattle to another 2/1

He acknowledges it's worse against 2/3s, but argues it's at least as good as anything else, and most importantly, you can leave it on the board and attack with it at when you have a use for it. I was pretty convinced to be honest - it'll be a real nuisance to play against, while you can usually work in a way to clear Harvest Golem's deathrattle easily enough, especially if you are Mage.

_DrMario_

Woops lost to Patron warrior again because I had a couple of minions on an empty board on turn 10. Silly me, I should have just let him get control of the board with no resistance.

gutshot

Since it has stealth you would never run it into a 2/3 unless you had good reason to. You just leave it on the board until you can trade favorably with it and then it still leaves behind a 2/2 body.

The problem with patron is that it takes skill to play, but not skill to win.

"3, 6 .... Umm lots! Probably!"

And they win anyway because it is always more damage than you need.

That is when a deck is a problem.

V-Faction

New card revealed, Master of Ceremonies

More stat boost conditionals. Ho-hum.

So, Wrath of Air, Bloodmage Thalnos, and maybe Azure Drake. Seems like it'll only have a chance in spell Shaman, if that.

Legendary cards: Anub'arak vs. Aviana? A-Noob would never have struck me as a Rogue card.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
ADWCTA reviews the latest TGT cards from an Arena perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W0XFZnL3A8

One interesting note: he thinks Silent Knight may become the best neutral 3-drop in Arena. Compares it to Harvest Golem except it leaves behind a 2/2 body instead of a 2/1.
He certainly raised my opinion of silent knight though I still don't think its as good as he thinks it is. I think he brushes off harvest golem's ability to fight 2 attack creatures better a little too quickly.

It's not just about fighting against 3/2 vs 2/3's, but also against 3 mana 2/4s.

Aviana: 4/5 heals your hero for 2 health for every minion on the board with the colour green in their portrait, but only if it is a Wednesday.

Got a watch-and-learn quest when I re-rolled. Anybody feel like having an audience this morning?

Edit: My handle is iambobbarker#1468

Anybody want to volunteer their friendship (NA Server)? Trying to knock this out in the next hour before I'm out for the evening.

Sorry for spamming--if there's a master list of HearthstoneGAF buds let me know!

jgminto

The revealed card is odd because you'll likely never have spell damage out for Turn 3 since you usually want it to actually effect a spell, so outside of Shaman perhaps, it wouldn't see the advantage until around Turn 5/6 for most decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LOL that card would actually be WORSE than Wisp/Target Dummy...

Actually, being able to get +1 spell damage for 0 mana would actually be pretty good if you wanted to combo out several spells at once. Like, remember how some Rogues started running Kobold Geomancer in a couple decks? Or maybe you run a card like that in some kind of OTK Mage deck?

Pooya

The new card is too bad, I can see why it's not like BK, your other minion don't lose anything here (let's forget that BK can be used offensively now...) but why the stats are so bad, if it was 3/3 it would be a whole lot better, still not good but better. They played it too safe here, this can never be an early threat or any time really.

I kind of like the new card. As others have said, you could run it in an aggressive spell burn deck that runs a lot of spell damage minions. Then you have something that protects them in a somewhat indirect manner. With 6 attack it's dangerous enough to be needed to be removed while also taking out some 4/5 drops.

My biggest issue is that there is no 0 or 1 mana minion with spell power. That would just help with consistency. I know a few people are talking about it now but I feel like a minion that cheap with spell power might be a bit much but who knows.

Dreavus

I've been playing a ton of arena the past few days, and above 6 wins I am very very likely to fight Paladins and Mages. Rarely, it's another class with a crazy deck (eg. a warlock that hits the jackpot on demons), but otherwise those two seem to dominate. That's got say something right? Is it just accepted by Blizzard that those classes do better in the arena setting?

It's not that I'm mad about losing to them, and it's not like I don't play those classes myself, but it seems weird that it's just an accepted fact that those classes dominate. We joke about it on here all the time. I love trying to draft rogue and priest decks, but I admit that my very best results come out of Mage and Paladin.

What would they need to do to arena to even out class distribution? Maybe the coming set will shake things up a bit but I'm not entirely convinced a whole lot will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom