• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greepoman

My suggestion for MC would be to increase his mana cost. 8 mana...maybe 7 seems more appropriate. It's just ridiculous to have have such a strong card on turn 6 especially when every pally I play follows it up with Dr. Boom on turn 7. Really limits the decks I can play on ladder.

squidyj

My combo priest. I find it weird that there aren't really any legendaries I want to run. I'd run emperor but the actual combo itself is already so cheap unless I have like velens velens spirit fire.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/344739-combo-priest

it runs 4 1-drops, deathlords and pyros so I feel it has a pretty good matchup against board shitting aggro decks. It's also able to deal with a moderate number of large threats easily. The key is knowing which decks you can extend into IMO, and when to do it.

I feel like throwing in a dark cultist or 2 might be a good idea but i'm not sure what to cut for it. getting some additional consistency on 3 is useful, particularly in the more aggressive matchups, it's possible you could run a shade instead but I don't feel like I'd need the buff target as much as an immediate presence on board.

I also wish I could run a bit more hard removal, a second death would be great.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mysterious Challenger better suited as a legendary, yes/no?

source: this Tavern Brawl, where I had Mysterious Challenger and Dr. Boom in hand on Turn 7 and decided to play MC OVER Dr. Boom. I repeat, I chose to play another single card over Dr. Boom on turn 7.

Literally the only way to lose in this brawl with Christmas Tree paladin is a mirror matchup.

I remember back when BRM came out I was trying to make Dragon Paladin work and was in a scenario where I had a discounted Ysera at 7 mana and still played boom instead, lol.

I think making him a legendary would destroy the deck since even with divine favor, you don't really want to be using it before he drops as you'll dig up all the secrets before seeing him a lot of the time. His statline is the bigger issue. He lost one point of HP for that insane effect.

The biggest powerplay involving him involves already having a board presence so he can't be ignored, but if they just play him naked you can easily just faceroll and negate basically everything if he needs to trade. The brawl variant is ultra bullshit as you can pretty much guarantee presence with minibot into muster into shredder into loatheb before he drops.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Mysterious Challenger doesn't need to be a legendary I don't think.

It just has no business being a 6/6. If The Mistcaller is a 4/4 then why in the hell Mysterious Challenger a 6/6?

exactly why the fuck does every good shaman card (aside from fire ele) come with a massive downside?

while an already strong class gets a god card with a strong body. Makes no sense.

Blizzard considers shaman a joke class, think about it. Also fuck Mysterious Challenger blizzard what the fuck, that card is the best card in the game when played on turn 6, i don't think any other card has so many benefits when played on curve.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Has reynad returned to twitch yet?

Draft

exactly why the fuck does every good shaman card (aside from fire ele) come with a massive downside?

while an already strong class gets a god card with a strong body. Makes no sense.
Seems like Blizzard considers playing spells a turn early at the cost of not being able to play spells the next turn really, really strong. Perhaps one day evidence will show this to be true.

I called this Brawl a "failure" (in terms of not giving people enough incentive to branch out of their Ladder decks) but I still really like the concept and I do feel that within a week we will see tighter decks that exploit the Brawl mechanics more. Right now people are just doing tempo decks that you see on Ladder with little to no modifications but I feel that there's some potential for combo stuff in there.

For the record I enjoyed the underdog Brawl a lot as well mostly because I got like 9 wins straight with Mill Druid and only lost against Stealth Bloodlust Shaman deck. That was one of the few Brawls where the game took a while to decide as you couldn't be rushed down by turn 5.

Really? I got my win with Face Hunter against a greedy deck on the second try and didn't play the Brawl again.

Dahbomb

Really? I got my win with Face Hunter against a greedy deck on the second try and didn't play the Brawl again.
A super greedy deck is extremely effective in this Brawl. Getting guaranteed Zombie Chow turn 1 is a pretty big deal.

Also I have discovered in decks like these that Armored Warhorse and Fel Reaver are really strong. Control the board with Chow plus premium 2/3 drops, then Armored Warhorse and Fel Reaver to transition into face. The rest of the deck is filled with extra high cost minions including Giants.

Only issue I have is against Paladins because well... Paladins are pretty damn broken in this Brawl.

Lyng

What MC has done to the game no card has done, giving some people the false confidence that they are actually good, man these secret paladin players are so wordy, it feels so good when you crush them.

The face Hunter deck allready did that

Pooya

damn, second legendary of the day, sometimes lucky I guess, let's see what is....

1444339054-1.jpg

never lucky.

edit: why this shit is 4/4 but MC 6/6????!!! Blizz explain. Wilfred could easily be 5/5 and still wouldn't be good.

opened like 20 packs yesterday, only got anubarak. never lucky. Never gotten a golden legendary and I think I've crafted more legendaries than opened

Did that fucker get the luckiest opening hand or what? Didn't get a Secret to blow them away and got bodied.

Yup, that's Mech Mage for you. If they get the god-like opener and you don't have an immediate answer -- and even if you do, sometimes -- there's nothing you can really do.

ZeroX03

Banned
Every time I'm up against Warrior too I get them down to 1 and then they armor up to some ungodly amount. Really bad run this morning.

E: just as I say that I come up against a warrior who concedes haha

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard should just hire me at this point, cause I'm so freaking good at this.

P3NzikY.png

To clarify, you would only summon the basic hero power totems with this, nothing crazy like Mana Tide Totem or Totem Golem.

Pooya

That seems like a little too good, combo that with thunder bluff, you have for 7+2 mana something that is way way stronger than muster+QM combo for 8 as each of those totems actually do something too.

Of course the main design rule of the game is that shaman can't have something that is better than paladin so this card or similar to it isn't going to be printed ever

ZealousD

combo that with thunder bluff, you have for 7+2 mana something that is way way stronger than muster+QM combo for 8 as each of those totems actually do something too.

While this is true, this card isn't as independently strong as a card like Muster. Getting two totems for 2 mana is not particularly strong, That's about as good as a naked Echoing Ooze, if not a little worse. Outside of totem synergy the only purpose I see is that you could summon two spell power totems to squeak out some extra damage to win the game on that turn. So you basically have to hold onto the card until you can get some synergy with it, like Thunder Bluff Valiant or Dranaei Totemcarver.

BashNasty

Quick question, as I'm suddenly having a random problem with Hearthstone FPS.

On my PC, I run Hearthstone on a 27-inch G-sync monitor. I have the game windowed on one side of the screen. It's always run at a flawless 144hz. Suddenly, if I'm clicked into the Hearthstone window, the FPS drops down to 24 fps and stays there, no matter what I do. The moment I click away from the window, the FPS jumps back up to 144. What the hell is going on here, nothing I've done, including reinstalling the game, has fixed the issue, and it randomly started for no reason.

Haunted

Welp, this might be one of the shortest runs of a tavern brawl yet. It's too broken. I can't even complete my daily for destroying minions because people concede as soon as they see Uther going first. >_>

Mad props to whoever can figure out a stronger deck than the Christmas Tree Brawl variant.

Celegus

Sorry for being that guy, but Mr. Christmas Tree on this Brawl has got to be my fastest "get 5 wins as a class" quest ever.

ZealousD

Just got my first Golden Legendary from a pack in Arena!

Bolf Ramshield... should I keep or dust?

Nobody has figured out a consistent use for him yet. If you're not a completionist that wants to get every legendary or you're desperate for cards, I would dust him. He's like a soft counter to Freeze Mage, at best....

It wouldn't be ran. It just is a terrible card on its own.

I think something like Malygos Shaman could run it for the free +2 spell damage, and you could lava shock for 4 damage afterwards to unlock the crystals. Spawning 2 taunt totems is also kind of like spawning an annoytron. Or if you are ahead and making trades, throwing in a healing totem when you need it is pretty good. I think it's below average for what's run in constructed now without totem synergy but in a totem deck it solves several problems.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Muster for Totems
Summon one of each basic totem.
Overload 2 HUEHUEHUEHEU

Xanathus

Welp got my 5 for the month, no more ranked for 20 days Kappa. Ranked rewards seem kinda dumb even though it's better than not getting anything at all.

manhack

Welp, this might be one of the shortest runs of a tavern brawl yet. It's too broken. I can't even complete my daily for destroying minions because people concede as soon as they see Uther going first. >_>

Mad props to whoever can figure out a stronger deck than the Christmas Tree Brawl variant.

Murloc shaman can beat them by turn 5 ;)

manhack

What MC has done to the game no card has done, giving some people the false confidence that they are actually good, man these secret paladin players are so wordy, it feels so good when you crush them.

Yeah. It annoying seeing so many people hit Legend for the first time and then finding out they played secret paladin. I had to get Legend with mid-range paladin back in the day and it was a grind.

manhack

Ben Brode must have a real boner for Uther. The amount of disgusting cards paladin has gotten every single expansion.

Yeah I'm playing a shitty paladin on my free to play account without MC, but because of minibot, muster, murloc knight and a few random spells thrown in I can roflstomp plenty of decks.

Xanathus

Ben Brode must have a real boner for Uther. The amount of disgusting cards paladin has gotten every single expansion.
Paladin has been Shaman shit tier for a long time so it's about time they get tier 1/2. Of course now it's Rogue and Shaman's turn to get buffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom