• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raytow

$25 and another 30 cards?

Count me in. Adventures have been super fun up to this point , and the cards have been great.
Blackrock had what? dragon priest enabling cards, and hmmm emperor balanced for a few combo/control decks, hardly naxx level of useful cards, hopefully the new one does better.

Blackrock had what? dragon priest enabling cards, and hmmm emperor balanced for a few combo/control decks, hardly naxx level of useful cards, hopefully the new one does better.

a few combo/control decks
It basically has THE combo and control decks, grim patron, the addition of emperor to druid, integral dragon priest cards, etc.

The real issue is that every expansion simultaneously rounds out an old deck while making a new deck possible but not viable. Dragon priest wasn't completely viable until TGT, discard warlock won't be viable until the new expansion, etc etc.

Better start saving the gold now i guess.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
New adventure mode coming apparently with co-op features.

According to the latest Blizzcon rumor mill of course.

Ulduar and related characters seemingly: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1011-the-grand-tournament-patch-animated-cards

VO_HRW_TEST_00 - I will cleanse you both of the Curse of Flesh!
VO_HRW_TEST_01 - Well done! You've defeated the boss together.\n\nBoth players win!
VO_HRW_TEST_02 - Defeat Gearmaster Mechazod together to win!

Brann Bronzebeard:

brann_quote71slr.png

That said Tirion is there too, so it's possibly Northrend more generally, but everyone in the art is dressed like they're archaeologists.

johnsmith

remember me
It basically has THE combo and control decks, grim patron, the addition of emperor to druid, integral dragon priest cards, etc.

The real issue is that every expansion simultaneously rounds out an old deck while making a new deck possible but not viable. Dragon priest wasn't completely viable until TGT, discard warlock won't be viable until the new expansion, etc etc.

Better start saving the gold now i guess.

Aggro discard zoo is already viable.

Pooya

BRM impacted the game way way more than TGT. You always want adventure cards more than the cards from the other two sets after classic.

You want to play a decent mage deck? you probably need flamewaker.

Zoo? you need imp gang boss.

Emperor, enabling a whole new set of decks and still auto include in most control decks.

The core of dragon tribe synergy is there. And of course patron.

There are like 4-5 must have cards in TGT with 132 cards, a lot of good cards too but nothing you can't live without. These cards on the other hand are just too good and irreplaceable.

It's definitely a way way better investment to buy an adventure with 25 bucks than it is to preorder 50 pack for 50 bucks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Adventures are specifically made to impact the meta since there are so few cards being added, whereas expansions tend to shove out a large number of ideas knowing that there will be some that work and some that don't.

From that perspective, you're more guaranteed to get the cards you want out of an expansion versus card packs.

I'm not sure if that holds in aggregate numbers though. Not many people would want to be without Piloted Shredders, and Twilight Guardians are key to the previously mentioned dragon decks.

Ulduar is one of the most beloved raids and it also has a shitton of bosses. Mimiron is already in though. Oh and Flame Leviathan with a lame voice.

YOGG-SARON LEGENDARY HYPE

The Adder

Banned
Tavern Brawl deck:

Warrior

Mulligan for 6+ drops in hand.

T1: Zombie Chow
T2: Annoy-O-Tron
T3: Alarm-O-Bot
T4: Death's Bite
T5: Sludge Belcher

Every other card in the deck is a 6+ drop, one additional Alarm-O-Bot, and one additional Belcher.

Incredibly hard to stop because the 1 drop and 2 drops tend to bait out early removal, meaning your opponent doesn't play minions AND your Alarm-O-Bot triggers.

If they save removal for Alarm-O-Bot then they waste their turn 3 not playing a minion, leaving you with board control right when you're drawing into Death's Bite, making it very difficult for them to get it back.

Your worst case scenario is a Priest playing silence because it lets them deal with the Alarm-O-Bot for free and still play out their turn.

I've lost once so far to a very smart Murloc Shaman, and I only lost that one because I drew the Kraken instead of Ysera when and had to bluff with Chillmaw

Portugeezer

Hey guys, I have 1800 dust and I'm wondering how you guys think I could improve this deck:

hearthstonescreenshotn9a24.jpg

Any ideas welcome, but I'd appreciate more experienced players as I have almost 500 victories with Hunter class.

All I can think is... craft Dr Balanced.

Second Highmane and Mad Scientists are a must.

You don't need Deadly Shot, Multi-Shot, Powershot, a second Hunter's Mark and a Gladiator's Longbow. That strikes me as way too much removal that would be better if they were creatures in those slots.

Probably consider running more big creatures if you're running two King's Elekk as well.

johnsmith

remember me
Hey guys, I have 1800 dust and I'm wondering how you guys think I could improve this deck:

Any ideas welcome, but I'd appreciate more experienced players as I have almost 500 victories with Hunter class.

Needs more Dr Boom

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What are your aims with this deck?

Upon first glance I don't like Ball of Spiders or Gladiator's Longbow.

I'd rather see you run two Savannah's and Dr Boom. Leory Jenkins can be a win condition if you are going for a rush deck, but that doesn't seen to be your setup.

Also why not run mad scientist if you are gonna run secrets?

Pooya

Don't forget Quickshot for Hunters.

This expansion needs to bring the heat.

Shaman and rogue will bring the heat, this time for sure. Kappa

------

I thought by now we would have like 2 alternate heroes for each class when they announced them, when it was June? Now months later nothing at all. It made sense to have them for warrior/hunter/mage first as those were the most popular classes, people were more likely to buy them. Now that druid/priest/paladin have risen to the top I expect those to be next ones.

Pooya

Hunter without mad scientist just doesn't work very well. Same for mage. Get Naxx...the cards are too important to the game.

Maybe wait until Blizzcon, maybe Blizzard realized that they need to drop prices on ancient content.

Heropon

I don't care how useless it is in hunter, but it's my first new legendary in months. One day control Hunter will be viable and this will be the best legendary without having to come from an esportal!

hearthstonescreenshotn9a24.jpg

You can start by cutting ball of spiders and adding a second highmane. Cut snipe and replace with either freezing trap or bear trap. Snake + bear trap are more reliable than snipe or and maybe even snake trap tbh.

Webspinner, 1 or 2 haunted creepers, these are great as well.

There is a lot of minor changes you could do, but first things are to get highmane number 2. Next is to get naxxramas because webspinner, haunted creeper, and mad scientist are very powerful in hunter.

After your early game and mid game sucks less, than you want to get dr. boom. But having a more consistent early game is more important than dr. boom because while boom might win you some games on its own, you'll win far more often from having a consistent curve and strategy in place to lead up to bigger threats like dr. boom.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Other NA GAFers might disagree but it's getting to the point where even if you wait for the try hards to move on it doesn't matter.

Everyone rank 20 and under seems to have legendaries abound now. Use to be you didn't see much other than the adventure legendaries in the 20-15 range. Then even in the 15-10 range it wasn't always cray.

Now level 17 warriors all have Yersa or level 18 lock has Mal'ganis. Fucking everyone got Dr Boom. Most players have both expansions ect...

In a way its crazy. In other ways it shows that it isn't just having the cards that makes the rank. It's know how to form a good deck with mana curve and card draw taken into account as well as how to play in the match itself.

Other NA GAFers might disagree but it's getting to the point where even if you wait for the try hards to move on it doesn't matter.

Everyone rank 20 and under seems to have legendaries abound now. Use to be you didn't see much other than the adventure legendaries in the 20-15 range. Then even in the 15-10 range it wasn't always cray.

Now level 17 warriors all have Yersa or level 18 lock has Mal'ganis. Fucking everyone got Dr Boom. Most players have both expansions ect...

In a way its crazy. In other ways it shows that it isn't just having the cards that makes the rank. It's know how to form a good deck with mana curve and card draw taken into account as well as how to play in the match itself.

It's kind of been like this for a very long time. I remember doing f2p runs back in classic and people had legendaries at the end of the month in the 20s. I remember playing against a deathwing using my f2p mage deck and beat it anyway.

IMO collection has not mattered, at least on the more casual side of the game which is kind of the most you can hope for with this type of game, as far as ranking up. There will always be people who think that lots of great cards thrown together means success. But there will always be people doing f2p runs and showing that a well constructed, consistent deck beats these power decks very often and even consistent+powerful decks (tier 1) at least often enough.

Probably already posted but PC Gamer interviewed everyone's favorite dad Forsen
Forsen: “I haven’t been happy playing Hearthstone in a long time”

Wouldn't surprise me if Forsen starts streaming other games.

Starts? He has been streaming other games, along with hearthstone, for quite a long time now.

Levi

Banned

Dahbomb

Doesn't matter, all these HS streamers can whine as much as they want but at the end of the day HS is too lucrative for them to quit and start playing something else. Once the money leaves, all these whinging babies will go with it.
Yup. It's all about the paypah and currently Hearthstone pays the bills.

Tubie

Probably already posted but PC Gamer interviewed everyone's favorite dad Forsen
Forsen: “I haven’t been happy playing Hearthstone in a long time”

Wouldn't surprise me if Forsen starts streaming other games.

You can really tell he hates HS right now from just watching him play it. He seems to enjoy himself a lot more when he plays random games at the end of his streams.

I think he's popular enough now that when HS stops being popular he will do fine with other games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Now this is the Great Wall of China....

CQ6JpwFWEAAeIiz.png

CQ6JpyFWIAAvnvp.png

Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys is just me playing badly or is control warrior is really bad in this meta? specifically vs secret paladins, i just can't seem to win vs those guys, they just seems so favored vs control.

Xanathus

Guys is just me playing badly or is control warrior is really bad in this meta? specifically vs secret paladins, i just can't seem to win vs those guys, they just seems so favored vs control.

Standard control warrior has been pretty bad IMHO for the past 2 expansions but recently I've been looking at fatigue warrior and I think it's actually really good. It's kinda disappointing I did not see it being played in tourneys because it so hard counters patron.

Haunted

Sorry to ask again, but I am still wondering this before I drop the moola.
I know you've already gotten some answers here that focused on the cards you'll get - but most importantly, I think the boss battles and class challenges are just a ton of fun to do.

I know it's only a little bit of story and mostly a homage to a wow zone, but even as someone who hasn't played a minute of wow, I genuinely enjoyed that journey into Blackrock Mountain, the interaction with Ragnaros and Nefarian, the crazy dwarves, the challenging heroic bosses etc. Even forgetting the strong cards you'll get, I think BRM is worth getting just for the sheer fun of completing it. :D

Yogg-Saron should be simple yet brutal.

1a6975d4.png

Technically if you take your opponent's next turn, then after that turn it would be your turn again.

But either way that card text will never be printed in a game like hearthstone. Put 10 overload on it and maybe... no, probably still broken lol.

edit
Oh, then add in shadowsteps, yeah... never going to happen

Ashodin

Technically if you take your opponent's next turn, then after that turn it would be your turn again.

But either way that card text will never be printed in a game like hearthstone. Put 10 overload on it and maybe... no, probably still broken lol.

edit
Oh, then add in shadowsteps, yeah... never going to happen

I want them to do it, but taking an extra turn, even your opponent's one is pretty much game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom