• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

brawl pack: minimum draw

gold pack from quest: minimum draw.

I got my first doomguard....that's something i guess...

I need dust again, should i dust any of these?: mini-mage epic, illdion stormrage legendary, skeleton knight legendary, and recruiter epic

brawl pack: minimum draw

gold pack from quest: minimum draw.

I got my first doomguard....that's something i guess...

I need dust again, should i dust any of these?: mini-mage epic, illdion stormrage legendary, skeleton knight legendary, and recruiter epic

Mini Mage and Recruiter are unplayable trash and I'd dust them immediately. I really don't like to dust legendaries unless I have dupes, so I'd hang on to Illidan and Skeleton Knight unless you really need the dust.

Owzers

Mini Mage and Recruiter are unplayable trash and I'd dust them immediately. I really don't like to dust legendaries unless I have dupes, so I'd hang on to Illidan and Skeleton Knight unless you really need the dust.

i really need dust....if i want to make any decent deck i'm several epics and a legendary short, all i have are Dr. Boom which i crafted from dusting almost everything, Cairne, Trogg, and the two mentioned above. I don't have any of the Druid epics in the top decks and one Mysterious Challenger if i go Paladin. I could always try to touch up my hunter deck or buy the first wing of black rock and try Patron after crafting the rare/commons but i'd rather not do that.

Noaloha

Used the Brawl to optimise chances of perfect Murloc draw. Weighted dice favoured me on attempt two. As a new, low-quality cardpool player, I'm now done with this Brawl!

Dahbomb

There's no reason not to play Tempo decks in this Brawl.

Oh wait... that's EXACTLY what Ladder is anyway.

Another failure of a Brawl. At least my Pirate deck got some wins in. That turn 7 guaranteed Sprint saved my ass a lot of times.

Control decks are still viable though don't get me wrong. Guaranteed Zombie Chows, Fiery Win Axe etc can allow you to survive until late game. But it's just way easier to play tempo decks and get the easy games, easy wins, easy pack, easy gold, easy life.

Auctopus

Fuck divine favor, fuck this meta, fuck this fucking piece of shit coin flip game.

Honestly, I've hated that card since before this meta. It allows the player to be rewarded for being careless.

Edit: Just got Milhouse in my brawl pack, too bad it wasn't golden.

Well this brawl is kind of shit lol. Everyone is just paying ladder decks.

Everyone says this most weeks, then people figure out how to play the brawl and it is different. I won't say better, not better than constructed certainly, but different.

edit:
So now that I have seen the rule, I can make a deck that has only 1x 1 drop, 1x 2 drop, 1x 3 drop, and curve out perfectly every time into a strong late game. How is this the exact same as constructed? It is likely to revolve around control decks, not tempo decks, because when every deck hits its notes in the early game, it is much more likely to be decided by big drops. And since you have a consistent as fuck early game, you can focus more on the mid/late game.

Tacitus_

Tavern Brawl = midrange hunter heaven.

some guy tried an astral communion deck on me and I just pivoted my midrange druid into face aggro and he could never catch up. poor guy.

Astral communion sucks cos the draw works by turn, not your mana crystals.

squidyj

Tavern Brawl = midrange hunter heaven.

Astral communion sucks cos the draw works by turn, not your mana crystals.

I know, I think his idea was that the only things that low in his deck were ramp spells and communion. I dunno how he thought that'd be better than a communion deck on ladder tho.

If you don't have any 5 drops, won't you draw by random then? So if you have 1x 1 drop, 1x 2 drop, 1x 3 drop, 1 astral communion, and the rest are 7+, won't you necessarily always draw a 7+?

So it adds consistency to getting your communion out early but then everybody else draws better against it, doesn't seem to work very well.

ViviOggi

Illidan can potentially become useful in the future but Skellington Knight is eternal ultra low tier garbage

I'd keep Mini-Mage over that clown any day of the week

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Illidan's big benefit is he's a demon, so there's going to be that potential Voidcaller synergy if you can somehow follow up with a lot of cards.

Illidan can potentially become useful in the future but Skellington Knight is eternal ultra low tier garbage

I'd keep Mini-Mage over that clown any day of the week

I agree that Skeleton Knight is garbage, it's just that orange crystal that would keep me from dusting him. The only legendary I ever dusted without having a dupe was Cho, and I actually kind of wish I still had it now. I want an Illidan to play around with in demon decks, but not enough to craft one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had Dr. 6 in my opening hand...

Coin Dr. 6 into Dr. 6 into Dr. 7 into Tirion. Had about 15 9-drops in my deck to ensure perfect curve heh

I went chow -> minibot (coin get down) -> muster -> shredder -> loatheb -> challenger and the game was over before boom/tirion.

This mode is going to at the very least be the guaranteed boom on 7 for everyone. And it's unlikely to see much BGH.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
He'd be good if they flipped his stats.

Not really. Still underwhelming stats for a 7 drop just to get a few 2/1s. You'd need 2 Blades just to be fair. And getting 3 to 4 is fairly difficult unless you are playing something like Rogue or tempo mage.

Good luck trying to win when you don't play cards for 3 turns and then can only play the one you drew.

Why would you not play cards for 3 turns? You are guaranteed a 1 drop, 2 drop, and then 3 drop, unless I am misunderstanding the rules of the brawl.

Oh, That's right.

I mean, even with swapped stats that's still underwhelming for a 6 drop. You have so many choices in that slot that would be better. Sylvanas. Sky Golem. Cairne...

Illidan as a 5/7 would actually be pretty awesome. 7 health is not easy to remove and it would be the kind of card where if you don't have AOE to deal with the spawns you might just lose to them.

Dahbomb

Yeah I would definitely consider playing Illidan in a Midrange Zoolock deck if he was 5/7. Get him out via Void Caller, play a few cheap minions and then flood the board which is the whole point of the Zoolock deck.

Sande

Why would you not play cards for 3 turns? You are guaranteed a 1 drop, 2 drop, and then 3 drop, unless I am misunderstanding the rules of the brawl.
I'm pretty sure it works precisely like you think. But Hearthstone being as tempo heavy as it is, I'm not sure if you can afford even one dead turn when your opponent is playing with a perfect draw.

I'd try it out if I had Astral Communion. Or 26 worthwhile late game drops for that matter.

Illiidan used to be a 7/7 with "Both players discard 3 cards and draw 3 cards", which was crazy good.

He really should be a better card for lore reasons alone.

Mulgrok

My first 12 win arena run!

12-1 as shaman

only lost the first match because I made a series of horrible misplays

Deck list:

1 Forked Lightning
1 Lightning Bolt
2 Rockbiter Weapon
1 Argent Squire
1 Stormforged Axe
1 Crackle
1 Annoy-o-tron
1 Dire Wolf
1 Haunted Creeper
1 Mad Bomber
2 Totem Golem
1 Power Mace
1 Feral Spirit
1 Imp Master
1 Teskarr Totemic
1 Burly Rockjaw Trogg
1 Draenei Totemcarver
1 Maiden of the Lake
2 Mechanical Yeti
1 Clockwork Knight
2 Stranglethorn Tiger
3 Fire Elemental
1 Stormwind Champion
1 Sea Giant

EDIT: Rewarded only 250g... wtf Blizz?!

Pooya

got 3 druid win quest and, since I don't have many druid cards I thought what to do to make it go fast....

BRAWL

2x groot
2x savage roar
2x Power of Wild

I have aspirant too, it's not bad to have here but you want to have groot into power of wild preferably.

mulligan for another groot in your opening hand so you get two if you have coin or innervate.

fill the rest with whatever you want. I guess I'm farming some gold now!

edit: 10 (short) games, 10 wins, this is so broken. LOL

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay this is pretty funny.
E1eYfVq.jpg
Trying to figure out how to make Hunter work in this. You'd think a perfect curve would be good for them but it's not great in practice.

One deckbuilding strategy I employ is to use 0 cost and 11+ cost to "pad" the deck, so you can fine tune your curve. I'm running Moltens, Mountains and Clockwork Giants in every deck just to fill space.

There should be a way to abuse the fact that you get a random draw if you can't fill a slot. So if you fill your non-combo slots with cantrips, you can build up a huge combo very consistently, but I'm not seeing anything pop out at me immediately.

Pooya

After every brawl I get a friend request

Added wisp and target dummy because why not. The game is over by turn 6 any way! if you get them in your opening hand turn 3 gg.

got 3 druid win quest and, since I don't have many druid cards I thought what to do to make it go fast....

BRAWL

2x groot
2x savage roar
2x Power of Wild

I have aspirant too, it's not bad to have here but you want to have groot into power of wild preferably.

mulligan for another groot in your opening hand so you get two if you have coin or innervate.

fill the rest with whatever you want. I guess I'm farming some gold now!

edit: 10 (short) games, 10 wins, this is so broken. LOL

thank you for that. Crap pack though, so I blame you for that lol

Dahbomb

I called this Brawl a "failure" (in terms of not giving people enough incentive to branch out of their Ladder decks) but I still really like the concept and I do feel that within a week we will see tighter decks that exploit the Brawl mechanics more. Right now people are just doing tempo decks that you see on Ladder with little to no modifications but I feel that there's some potential for combo stuff in there.

For the record I enjoyed the underdog Brawl a lot as well mostly because I got like 9 wins straight with Mill Druid and only lost against Stealth Bloodlust Shaman deck. That was one of the few Brawls where the game took a while to decide as you couldn't be rushed down by turn 5.

Haunted

Seems like no one expects the guaranteed KT on turn 8 in this brawl, second opponent in a row that just directly conceded after I played it and it brought back my Boom + Bots. :lol

Step 1: include mysterious champion
step 2: include many secrets
step 3: pick a 1 drop, a 2 drop, and a 3 drop, etc..
step 4: put wisps and target dummies in the deck, mulligan hard for them (keep secret keeper as well)
step 5: add late game cards like dr. boom and tirion and even a 9 drop
step 6: profit

Did I do good? I probably won't be playing til tomorrow, maybe tonight

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Step 1: include mysterious champion
step 2: include many secrets
step 3: pick a 1 drop, a 2 drop, and a 3 drop, etc..
step 4: put wisps and target dummies in the deck, mulligan hard for them (keep secret keeper as well)
step 5: add late game cards like dr. boom and tirion and even a 9 drop
step 6: profit

Did I do good? I probably won't be playing til tomorrow, maybe tonight

Yeah, this deck is pretty sick. I also recommend adding a bunch of 1 drops, because otherwise you're going to pull your secrets instead. This was my final version.

Target Dummy × 2
Wisp × 2
Avenge × 2
Competitive Spirit × 2
Noble Sacrifice × 2
Redemption × 2
Repentance × 1
Argent Squire × 2
Young Priestess × 2
Zombie Chow × 2
Shielded Minibot × 2
Muster for Battle × 1
Consecration × 1
Piloted Shredder × 1
Sludge Belcher × 1
Mysterious Challenger × 1
Dr. Boom × 1
Tirion Fordring × 1
Ysera × 1
Deathwing x 1

Secretkeeper isn't going to do anything for you because you won't be able to play secrets to follow it up.

Dre

This brawl is hilarious, in a Christmas Tree deck you can put in as many secrets as you want since you'll never draw more than one until turn 10. An Eye for an Eye even won me two games when a mage tried to get cute and Pyroblasted my face or when that druid Sylvanas'd my buffed Challenger to go face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom