• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Too many Druids on Ladder for CW to be good at the moment.

Like we were talking about a few pages back this matchup is now even, or maybe even favored towards the CW now thanks to bash and Justicar Trueheart. Saying the druid is heavily favored is old meta thinking that's not actually taking into account the new cards.

manhack

Talking about Druids being good means we are all behind the meta.

I'm telling you now that if Druids remain popular that Tempo Mage is going to be the next "meta" deck. It is by FAR the deck I've seen the most this season.

Dahbomb

Like we were talking about a few pages back this matchup is now even, or maybe even favored towards the CW now thanks to bash and Justicar Trueheart. Saying the druid is heavily favored is old meta thinking that's not actually taking into account the new cards.
I don't think Justicar and Bash puts the match up in even territory, it's still Druid favored. Not as much as before of course.

johnsmith

remember me
Every CW i've been playing this season must be lucky as hell, because I'm on a losing streak against them. Worst matchup for my druid after tempo mage.

Danj

Everyone rank 20 and under seems to have legendaries abound now.

I bloody don't! (though I'm on EU not NA)

Someone once told me that I should be getting a legendary every 20 packs I open, which means that I should be getting one at least once a month, but that definitely isn't happening.

EDIT:

On an unrelated note, what's the ranking for classes in Arena at the moment (i.e. which classes are better)? Or has it not changed? I got 3 quests that lined up yesterday so I have 300 gold to spend and thought I might do a couple arena runs.

johnsmith

remember me
Jesus christ, it's one of those fucking nights. Everybody's lucky but me.

Play dragon priest, of course he has perfect dragon synergy and velen's chosens when needed. Play echo/duplicate mage, and of course he gets to duplicate all his sludge belchers when I have no silences, and molten + sunfury. Play paladin and of course his boombots snipe my hidden shade, and has aldor for my boom.

Actually dropped from rank 8 to 11.

Oh and now an aggro zoo juggled my hidden shade.

CQ8I3X7UYAEDIdq.png:large

My mana vs his mana

Paladin, Mage, Paladin, Paladin, Mage, Mage, Paladin Mage

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Stop complaining . It used to be Paladin, Mage, Mage, Paladin, Mage, Mage, Paladin, Mage.

TGT has shaken things up!

On that note, the arena tier list is:

Top: mage, paladin
Fuck everybody else tier: everybody else

Speaking of which, where is my daily quest???

giapel

At rank 12 EU I'm seeing:
Warrior, control and patron
Mage, freeze and tempo
Hunter, mainly midrange, face is thankfully dead
Paladin, mostly secret
Priest, that annoying dragon deck
Warlock, usually some demon variant but unfortunately some handlock still
Shaman, random bad decks
Rogue, very rarely but it's almost always oil
Druid, combo combo combo
Overall not a bad mix, plenty of variety

Kangi

0-2 arena run. Awful cards, awful draws, awful RNG, awful everything.

My 0-2 opponent drops a Deathwing.

0-3 arena run.

Tempostorm talks about oil rogue in the meta snapshot:

Oil Rogue remains the champion of Tier 4. The previous development of Undercity Valiant and Lowly Squire didn't pan out (not that we actually thought it would). While some would argue that Rogue “is not that bad” and “okay versus Secret Paladin” that is about as much as anyone is willing to say. About a month before TGT, Oil Rogue’s only saving grace was that it was one of the few Patron counters while its other match-ups were near 50/50. As the standard Patron list evolved to include Shield Block and Shield Slam Oil Rogue went from counter-deck to soft-favorite. Whether or not the same happens with Secret Paladin almost doesn’t matter considering Oil Rogue’s other match-ups went from 50/50s to 40/60s if not worse.

My thoughts are:

1. lowly squire was never going to work in oil rogue, maybe some kind of tempo rogue. Valiant had/has potential imo.

2. I would argue rogue is great versus secret paladin.

Where I disagree is their other match ups. I don't think they got worse. I think they remain largely unchanged (maybe even slightly better since people aren't used to seeing rogue in a tgt meta), however since druid now plays 2 drops, that gives rogues something to interact with. So on that front I think rogues might have gotten even a little bit better against druid.

I think rogue are in a better spot than tempostorm's rating team thinks. According to hotform, they're almost good enough to be picked over other decks for tournament play. I think the next expansion could put rogues back on the map in a big way, even with just 1 single decent card to help out consistency in the early game.

So druids got darnassus aspirant. Priests got wyrmrest agent. Rogues need something on that level of strength as an early game piece.

Example:
2 mana - 2/4, battlecry: Your next combo is activated automatically.

Because lets face it, rogue hasn't gotten much in terms of class cards since classic.

You look at a contemporary rogue list and the only non-classic card typically ran is tinker's sharpsword oil, and sometimes only 1. It does run a few neutral cards, like healbot and sometimes sludge belcher or dr. boom... loatheb... pilotted shredder. Rogue has typically always had to rely on neutral minions quite a bit tbh.

JoeMartin

I've been playing around with an aggroil deck. So far gone from 7 to 4 with it and the deck is 29-18 right now, which isn't miserable.

aKiHTWI.png

I think most of it makes pretty good sense. Considering dropping a shiv for Thalnos, but this deck relies heavily on digging. Coldblood and deckhands MVP for sure. I'm not sure the deck is really all that great, it's just most people are used to seeing a defensive end of oil and probably roll their eyes when they see coldblood. "Who the fuck plays <card> anymore" hard at work.

The only thing that looks like a weird drop at first glance is Emperor, but I think he's netted me more overall use in terms of allowing hilarious wombocombo turns (especially given the prevalence of 2 cost combo pieces for rogue) than loatheb being a body hard to remove has/would.

ParityBit

I know you've already gotten some answers here that focused on the cards you'll get - but most importantly, I think the boss battles and class challenges are just a ton of fun to do.

I know it's only a little bit of story and mostly a homage to a wow zone, but even as someone who hasn't played a minute of wow, I genuinely enjoyed that journey into Blackrock Mountain, the interaction with Ragnaros and Nefarian, the crazy dwarves, the challenging heroic bosses etc. Even forgetting the strong cards you'll get, I think BRM is worth getting just for the sheer fun of completing it. :D

Thank you. :). I picked it up just to have more to play. The cards are a nice bonus!

Xanathus

Uhhhh I just had a Handlock concede to me as a Priest on turn 6 or 7 after he dropped Dr Boom and was obviously in a winning position... maybe he was just pitying me. Fuck this Priest quest.

ParityBit

Why only 9 custom decks? I wanted. To have some just for doing daily quests, but then I can't mess around making my own super crappy decks.

CoolOff

So, is Gorehowl back as a staple in CW? The last three I've faced have had it and it has won the game for them.

Was it Justicar that caused it?

Don't forget today its Road to Blizzcon Americas finals. So be prepared for exciting matches between

Patron and Combo Druid
Patron and Patron
Patron and Demon Handlock
Combo Druid and Demon Handlock
Combo Druid and Combo Druid
Demon Handlock and Demon Handlock

With special guest appearances by every other class.
Rogue and Shaman not included.

ViviOggi

So, is Gorehowl back as a staple in CW? The last three I've faced have had it and it has won the game for them.

Was it Justicar that caused it?
I think it's mainly due to the emergence of Dragon Priest, some nutjobs reviving Control Priest and Harrison becoming less common. Justicar helps as well though, if you get it out early enough it lets you actually use Gorehowl against Druid and slower Hunters.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'll be watching the event.
Maybe something cool happens and a Shaman player wins ...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Standard control warrior has been pretty bad IMHO for the past 2 expansions but recently I've been looking at fatigue warrior and I think it's actually really good. It's kinda disappointing I did not see it being played in tourneys because it so hard counters patron.

It's not strong right now.

Too many Druids on Ladder for CW to be good at the moment.

Fuck, you guys are destroying my hopes on getting to legend with control warrior, i just wanted to win but these paladins and druids wreck my shit all the time
BibleThump.png
Mech mage is also a bad matchup if you don't handle the board early, by the time you can stabilize you are in fireball range. Maybe CW needs a new type of minion to be extremely good.

Fuck, you guys are destroying my hopes on getting to legend with control warrior, i just wanted to win but these paladins and druids wreck my shit all the time
BibleThump.png
Mech mage is also a bad matchup if you don't handle the board early, by the time you can stabilize you are in fireball range. Maybe CW needs a new type of minion to be extremely good.

The CW matchup against Druid isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Darnassus Aspirant gives you a Fiery War Axe target and Justicar Trueheart lets you stay out of range of Combo much more effectively. Two of the guys on my friends list both hit Legend already with CW from Ranks 5-Legend. Revenge seems to be the anti-Paladin tech card of choice among most streamers playing the deck as well.

Dahbomb

BibleThump.png
It's still possible to get Legend rank with CW. Don't get discouraged, it's still a tier 2 decks and tier 2 decks are still capable of making Legend ranks consistently.

Majine

Banned
I've always wondered why they don't show what the active secrets are for live broadcasts. That is helpful information for viewers.

BibleThump.png

Also, today is probably a good day to ladder with CW. Reddit just had two Rogue decks make top page (Dragon Rogue and Pirate Rogue) so the ladder will probably include more good matchups than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom