• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I'm having some rough times at rank 9 bros. fatigue warrior has a crappy Druid and paladin matchup and I'm seeing a lot of that. Played one game of secret and won but it just felt dirty, then I played a game with hand lock but I suck with hand lock. Any suggestions?
Keep playing Secret.

CoolOff

Aggro Druid is amazing on ladder right now. Rank 12 to 5 in a day. Good against Secret Pally and decent against Patron.

Also, nothing beats going up against a Face Hunter and the first 2-4 turns being both going face because he thinks he can race you, then you drop Fel Reaver and they always panic. Either they start trading (which they rarely can do fully) or they go the mill route. Bit early for that.

tylerf

Finally got my first class to 500 wins. Always wanted to get paladin for the golden dudes. I'm thinking either warior or mage is what I should do next. Warrior is probably the coolest golden portrait.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Finally got my first class to 500 wins. Always wanted to get paladin for the golden dudes. I'm thinking either warior or mage is what I should do next. Warrior is probably the coolest golden portrait.

Getting Shaman to 500 wins is pretty boss too. The gold totems look awesome.

Wouldn't recommend that in this meta, though!

Pooya

Beat a echo giant mage with a fireball and patron warrior with crackle while playing mid range paladin lol I love Saraad. In those slow grindy games it's so good. I have murloc knights too so it works out very well for late game. There is a good chance you get burn or removals and even if get something like blade fury I won't be sad. It's good to have some fun with it as playing paladin can get a bit boring, throwing some RNG there has been good to me.

I happen to run MCT too which stole a charged Grim Patron for lethal, agaisnt the echo mage it stole a molten and denied duplicate and in another game stole a Wyrmrest Agent on turn 3. I think MCT is quite good right now.

Haunted

Stop acting as if it's impossible to win with Shaman. :lol

As if everyone was running tournament level netdecks and piloting them on pro level.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Did someone say Shaman? what is that? New class?
PogChamp.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Stop acting as if it's impossible to win with Shaman. :lol

As if everyone was running tournament level netdecks and piloting them on pro level.

All the best Shaman decks are basically just worse versions of other decks. Dragon Shaman is worse than several other Dragon decks. Malygos Shaman is a worse combo deck than Patron.

And Totem Shaman? Just can't... do anything.

Tacitus_

Uh, are you trying to make a patron deck? Then get rid of Nefarian, Shield Maiden and the bashes. Grommash has also fallen to the wayside, but it still works with the archetype. Make a 2nd frothing, and put in 2 gnomish inventors and either unstable ghouls or dread corsairs. Slams are also popular, so they would be ideal for replacing bashes.

In particular I was thinking about switching out Nef for Loatheb. Thoughts in general?

PS: I only have 1 frothing ergo only running 1.
Are you making a Patron deck? Get rid of Nefarian and put in Gnomish Inventor. Don't need Bash and put in Slams. You need to cycle your cards fast enough so you get your combo out.
Its like my 6th Cutpurse. Maybe Hearthstone is telling me to play rogues? (I hate playing rogues).

Tacitus_

Trump played really badly in that warrior mirror. Not thinking about fatigue and then being too timid after getting almost fatigued.

Portugeezer

He also lost 2 brawls (final brawl was pretty much pointless, but just adds salt to the wound) and Justicar was his last card. Hard to win vs fatigue warrior like that.

_DrMario_

“Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive”

New Adventure reveal at Blizzcon! Any discussion happen here already speculating on what it'll be?

Well, the datamined stuff mentioned the Curse of Flesh and Brann Bronzebeard which points to Ulduar, a Wrath of the Lich King Raid that is extremely well thought of.

Ulduar could be 5 wings -

Wing 1 - Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT
Wing 2 - Assembly of Iron, Kologarn, Aruiaya, Algalon
Wing 3 - Freya, Hodir, Mimiron, Thorim
Wing 4 - Vezax, Yogg-saron, Algalon could also go here

Magnus

Well, the datamined stuff mentioned the Curse of Flesh and Brann Bronzebeard which points to Ulduar, a Wrath of the Lich King Raid that is extremely well thought of.

Oh shit, Ulduar? YES!

As a Val'anyr wielder from WoW that was obtained while it was current, I know all too well how awesome Ulduar is. :) Lived and breathed that place for 3 months, lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
With how The Grand Tournament reimagined the events of The Argent Tournament I feel like a straight shot on Ulduar would be pretty boring. I wish they'd done a deeper dive on some of the dungeons in Vanilla WoW, but now it seems like they're pushing Wrath stuff.

Pooya

Deadlocked against dragon priest's wall, Saraad gives me backstab for exact lethal.

Last game, I got force of nature LOL.

Card is MVP every time played and win me games, I'm yet to get unusable cards from it. Easily my favorite card from TGT.

Deadlocked against dragon priest's wall, Saraad gives me backstab for exact lethal.

Last game, I got force of nature LOL.

Card is MVP every time played and win me games, I'm yet to get unusable cards from it. Easily my favorite card from TGT.

That is the next legendary on my wishlist right now.

tylerf

Any advice for going from rank 5 to legend besides just keep grinding? I normally don't even attempt it but theres still a lot of time left in this season so maybe I can do it slow and steady.

Miletius

Saw Trump lose in person. Was kind of sad to see him come down those stairs. It was fun, stopped by for like an hour before brunch and it was cool to see a lot of those personalities playing and casting.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You know what's fun? Angry Chicken Patron Warrior fakeout deck. You play standard Patron Warrior, they know what you're up to and they're even more certain once you drop the Warsong. Follow it with Hobgoblin, Angry Chicken X2, Whirlwind. Wow!

squidyj

You know what's fun? Angry Chicken Patron Warrior fakeout deck. You play standard Patron Warrior, they know what you're up to and they're even more certain once you drop the Warsong. Follow it with Hobgoblin, Angry Chicken X2, Whirlwind. Wow!

i don't get it. what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom