• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got dammit at Canada representing America

Pooya

Scamaz fires xixo and purple...

xixo wins esport arena with absolute dominance.
Purple wins championship... AND THANKS Team Archon. LOL

get rekt Amaz.

Congrats to purple, but I'm mostly interested in where things go at blizcon and who made it, so also hyped to see jab and hotform make it. I don't know nias but seems like a solid player as well.

Scamaz fires xixo and purple...

xixo wins esport arena with absolute dominance.
Purple wins championship... AND THANKS Team Archon. LOL

get rekt Amaz.

The archon/amaz hate around here, I'll never understand.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The game gave me a second golden Ball of Spiders.

I mean, yeah, I guess that's a lot of gold card "value" but I ain't ever gonna play that shit. D=

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The game gave me a second golden Ball of Spiders.

I mean, yeah, I guess that's a lot of gold card "value" but I ain't ever gonna play that shit. D=

I got two of those also. I made a (terrible) high value gold card hunter deck with golden lock n load, golden ball of spiders, and golden ram wrangler. ALL THE BEASTS

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nias is my favorite because he's the only normal dude there. He's the true champion of us casuals.

ZealousD

I still remember how amazing Totem Golemn was going to be and how overload totally wasn't an issue.

Good times.

Totem Golem is a good card. Shit's practically an insta-pick in arena. But it can't carry the deck on its back all by itself. And in Constructed, a vanilla 3/4 isn't a strong answer for all the other 2 drops people play right now. Minibot. Haunted Creeper. Wyrmrest Agent. Mad Scientist. If more people were playing 2/3's and 3/2's it would be a lot better.

Miletius

Glad to see purple win it, despite his inability to keep his head straight when the camera is on him as pointed out by GAF twitch chat. Overall the series was fun, but the best part for me was actually seeing people innovate on decks. The finals in that regard were really boring, 2/3 games were about people stalling until their win condition emerged.

squidyj

I'm on like a 12 win streak with face druid, this shit is ridiculous.
i thought I was going to get bodied by a tempo mage but he conceded on turn 5. o_O

manhack

I'm on like a 12 win streak with face druid, this shit is ridiculous.
i thought I was going to get bodied by a tempo mage but he conceded on turn 5. o_O

Yeah I don't think it is the most amazing deck ever, but it has given a lot of people crazy win streaks this season.

Dahbomb

No Kripp streams, no Kripp videos....

Is he truly resting in pepperonis?

b3gv6wU.jpg

Xanathus

Looks like I was right about Bash.
Eh it only looks good in a Fatigue Warrior deck, in a Control Warrior deck it weakens your matchup against other Control decks and only slightly increases your chances against Aggro/Midrange decks. As a 3 damage removal it's overcosted at 3 mana, and the armor often doesn't do anything in non-face matchups.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't know why every CW I've played since TGT released is running it then.

The top 4 CW lists on hearthpwn are running it, and so is tempostorm's meta list.

Dahbomb

I don't know why every CW I've played since TGT released is running it then.
Because they see pro players running it and they follow the crowd.

Personally speaking Bash is fine right now because there's a lot of aggro running around and sometimes you don't want to use War Axe to take some face damage to remove a creature in the early game. It's also useful in combination with other CW tools like Shield Slam, Execute and War Axe (ie. you remove first body of Shredder with Bash and then usually kill off the smaller body with War Axe).

Bash on its own doesn't impress me, but because warriors have so much removal now, it is like they can almost afford to play an extremely defensive deck, hence fatigue warrior.

I think it is a merely good, but not great card.

Shahadan

I'm stuck on the screen in the shop telling me to wait for my paypal transaction to be authorized. Apparently it has happened to people before and they had to wait for a fix...is there something I can do now?

Edit: Well it worked after 45 minutes

CoolOff

Too soon lol.

But it looks like he made the right play.

It turned into a race for him (proven by the fact that Fireball was one of the next 3 cards his opponent would draw) and he just got unlucky with the tracking spell.

It wasn't a race though. He would be outside of Fireball + ping every turn due to his hero power, and he had Swipe + FoN to answer drops to the board from JAB. I'm still in disbelief over the decision to yolo like that.

ZealousD

It wasn't a race though. He would be outside of Fireball + ping every turn due to his hero power, and he had Swipe + FoN to answer drops to the board from JAB. I'm still in disbelief over the decision to yolo like that.

He needed Swipe and FoN for face damage. Using them as removal would have ensured a slow death. His opponent was at 26 health. He needed to be able to dish out as much face damage as possible to win the game.

Portugeezer

True true.

He needed Swipe and FoN for face damage. Using them as removal would have ensured a slow death. His opponent was at 26 health. He needed to be able to dish out as much face damage as possible to win the game.

According to trump he had a 95% chance of winning and that play made it 80%, still good, but obviously not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom