• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I get this close to 5 then the most nonsense lose streak hits, like the guy pulling Gruul and Cairne from portal in one game. like wtf. Laddering is so hard this season, it never took this much effort to hit 5. I'm floating on 6-7 for days now.

Just now had a game against secret paladin as patron, the guy had the most bullshit opening (like always) and following turns, I had to grind him until his very last card to win with 7 health left. It takes too much energy to maneuver games like that back to back and everyone I get matched against is really tough, how often it happens they have perfect answers to everything.. it's maddening.

Then next game, freeze mage, I basically had to armor the entire game and kill him with fatigue. YAWN.

Then druids, f druids, those games are so stressful, you can never tell what kind of bullshit they can pull off after emperor drops.

Where are the hunters at? I miss hunters.

The games took really long overall, whoever was asking for slow meta didn't actually know what it was like to play... /rant

Hanzou

I get this close to 5 then the most nonsense lose streak hits, like the guy pulling Gruul and Cairne from portal in one game. like wtf. Laddering is so hard this season, it never took this much effort to hit 5. I'm floating on 6-7 for days now.

Just now had a game against secret paladin as patron, the guy had the most bullshit opening (like always) and following turns, I had to grind him until his very last card to win with 7 health left. It takes too much energy to maneuver games like that back to back and everyone I get matched against is really tough, how often it happens they have perfect answers to everything.. it's maddening.

The games took really long overall, whoever was asking for slow meta didn't actually know what it was like to play... /rant
Last month was the first on the other ever played ranked. Got to 16. This month I can barely get past 20. It seems like I am still seeing so many people playing with net decks, or at least close to it where last month every one was like me, just a random assortment of cards. I am actually playing the same deck too with some cards swapped out for undeniably better cards so I know it's not my deck, the opponents just seem much better.

Last month was the first on the other ever played ranked. Got to 16. This month I can barely get past 20. It seems like I am still seeing so many people playing with net decks, or at least close to it where last month every one was like me, just a random assortment of cards. I am actually playing the same deck too with some cards swapped out for undeniably better cards so I know it's not my deck, the opponents just seem much better.

I made it to 15 earlier (with 3 stars) and then promptly dropped all the way down to 20 and 2 stars. Frustrating.

Lumine

Haha wow, that's like almost too much of a nerf and I don't even like Patron! That'll kill the deck. At least in its current form. Reminds of the Buzzard nerf hah.

inky

Odd change. RIP Patron. I'll never forget the time you went through 6 taunts on my side and still made 25 damage to my face. ;_;7

Now on to secrets...

Dahbomb

THIS IS THE GAME WE PLAY!!!!!!!

Bo2BG.gif

Dahbomb

The change they have implemented is literally the worst thing they could've come up with. Many suggestions were made that didn't outright demolish the deck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i just want to show up to say

FUCK YES, fuck you patron

CoolOff

I mean, WHY NOT JUST NOT HAVE MINIONS KEEP CHARGE OVER 3 ATTACK. You can still pull off your freaking Patron-combos then, and it's not nearly as nerfed as now.

So fucking dumb.

manhack

Reading a bit into this part:

...we felt this change was necessary to help expand both future design space and to stand by our overarching game philosophy that battles between minions and fighting for board control is what makes Hearthstone fun and compelling.

It looks like they are really in a tight spot creating new 3 or less attack minions with Warsong Commander the way it currently stands. So while nerfing Patron was one aspect they can now make really powerful minions with 3 attack and not cause more chaos.

inky

The change they have implemented is literally the worst thing they could've come up with. Many suggestions were made that didn't outright demolish the deck.

They killed it just like they did with Buzzard. Blizzard's scorched earth approach after ignoring the issue for too long continues to baffle the mind.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

It really doesn't make sense.

I mean, I'm happy they obliterated the deck because I think it's a bullshit, unfun way to play. But plenty of people disagree and that's cool. This nerf is in line with my point of view, but if they felt that way, why wait for-goddamn-ever to change it? If it violates their game philosophy so much to warrant a nuke, that was apparent pretty quickly.

ZZMitch

I welcome our new Face Warrior overlords!

Why do they have to destroy the deck? And why remains Mysterious Challenger unchanged?

Blizzards recent MO has been to remove 1 turn mass damage combos. Challenger doesn't do that so I would be surprised to see it nerfed. Any sort of hard removal in your deck (eg. BGH, Hex, Polymorph) is a good answer to MC.

kirblar

Unreasonable nerf right before Blizzcon, Blizzard sucks at balancing the game so much.
Au Contraire, the timing is incredibly deliberate. They want a shaken up metagame right before a large public pro event. MTG does this w/ their Modern B/R updates. (To the detriment of the larger format.)

Dre

I'm not even a Patron player, but this nerf is ridiculous. Instead of disabling the charge effect of minions who get buffed to 4 or more attack i.e. Frothing, they completely kill the deck.

ZZMitch

Competitve play will be 100 times more fun to watch after this change.

So true. I actually didn't see Patron that often on ladder (and when I did it was being misused so I usually did pretty well against it). This is huge for the tournament scene though. I used to just skip watching matches that involved Patron because they were so boring, won't be a problem any more!

gutshot

Warsong Commander is legit trash tier now. It joins Buzzard, Nat Pagle and others in the overly-nerfed-into-unplayability pile.

Malice215

I always felt that any change that that stopped the deck from being the best would demolish it, and Blizzard took the approach of completely annihilating it right before Blizzcon, which now makes aggressive decks stronger since they don't have to worry about fueling Grim Patron.

Good move Blizz.

ZZMitch

A deck that is cheap, keeps aggro at bay and requires skill to play? Nuke it.

A deck that is boring to watch, uninteractive and frustrating to play against? Nuke it.

Kibler agrees: Warsong Commander did very little but generate uninteractive gameplay. Hearthstone is better with it being essentially gone.

Parshias7

Upcoming Dr. Boom nerf:

7 mana 4/4, summons two Boom Bots*

*Boom Bots deal 4-10 damage to their owner when they die.

Balancing cards is easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom