• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladekabel

Now I'm facing more and more Christmas Tree Paladins on EU. I hope Blizzard does something against this rather sooner than later. It is so unfun to play against it and makes up the majority of ladder now.

In more joyful news for me, I finally opened my second Cabal.

Dahbomb

Having to dig into the second page to find the hearthstone thread 2 days in a row... game on the outs confirmed!
No Kripp videos/streams...

twitch_emoticon___babyrage_by_centaurman_plz-d8qd8y4.png

CoolOff

Now I'm facing more and more Christmas Tree Paladins on EU. I hope Blizzard does something against this rather sooner than later. It is so unfun to play against it and makes up the majority of ladder now.

In more joyful news for me, I finally opened my second Cabal.

Double Flare-Hunter when there's too many own them. Then drink their tears.

Congratulations! This season has been really hard on me, my best has been 8 but i'm currently 11.....ladder sucks garbage.

Oh absolutely, no doubt about it.Its like every month it becomes harder to rank.

I just decided to make Aggro Druid and went on a crazy win streak from 8 to 5 without a loss. Before that i was pretty much just going between 8 and 9 with my Dragon Confessor deck.

ParityBit

So I wanted to check out Hearth Arena and ArenaValue.

Hearth Arena does not seem to work for me. I select my first 3 card options and it does nothing. Then I chose button is not clickable
) and then the page goes white. (Chrome and Edge)

With Arena Value I am not sure what I am doing. I put in my 3 cards, chose the one I picked but there are no directions on what the card numbers mean.

So I wanted to check out Hearth Arena and ArenaValue.

Hearth Arena does not seem to work for me. I select my first 3 card options and it does nothing. Then I chose button is not clickable
) and then the page goes white.
(Chrome and Edge)

With Arena Value I am not sure what I am doing. I put in my 3 cards, chose the one I picked but there are no directions on what the card numbers mean.

Server is down because of the release of the heartharena app it will be back shortly hopefully, has nothing to do with your end.

ParityBit

Server is down because of the release of the heartharena app it will be back shortly hopefully, has nothing to do with your end.

Oh cool! When will the app be live? I picked my first card (no idea if it was the right one) and then poof. I left the arena section while I waited to figure out what to do.

Oh cool! When will the app be live? I picked my first card (no idea if it was the right one) and then poof. I left the arena section while I waited to figure out what to do.

its live just install overwolf and then install the heartharena app from there. But like i said servers are borked.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Everyone has a Dr Boom but me. What the hell. I remember when legendaries used to be rare to see. Now everyone has at least two or three in their decks.

I don't have many legendaries, outside of the single player reward ones. It makes Hearth so much harder for us casuals.

Pooya

Sometimes I wonder if people forgot how to play against rogue lolol. playing 5 games now on ladder for a quest and everytime they leave my minions there including effing Azure Drake //facepalm.

There was this mid range druid guy who opened with two shades, ignored my SI and went face with one of them, then I blade fury both shades and he concedes. Rogue is secretly the best class. The most fun I have playing this game is playing rogue. help :(

Everyone has a Dr Boom but me. What the hell. I remember when legendaries used to be rare to see. Now everyone has at least two or three in their decks.

I don't have many legendaries, outside of the single player reward ones. It makes Hearth so much harder for us casuals.

I don't, but I'm playing a shitty Mage deck to try and get the daily done and I just say it drop 3 times in a row on turn 7.

It's basically drop some £'s or $'s on this game to get the cards to stay relevant or walk away, you can't stay casual and accomplish anything of note, hell I can't even finish one daily.

EDIT: Make that 4 games in a row, I kid you not...

Portugeezer

It doesn't help that Dr Boom is unbalanced. The bombs would make more sense as a death-rattle.

Pooya

I have Dr. Boom, Harrison and Tirion on my ~6 months old f2p account, I crafted two out of three, I used to play arena on it exclusively before starting ladder after ranked rewards were announced, so that helped too I guess. Don't waste your dust :b

edit: Actually I have Edwin on this account too, I opened that one. these cards are enough to get rank 5 every season and with that you get almost half a legendary dust value when you add stuff you get from packs, crafting one legendary every two months seems really doable if you know what you're doing.

I don't, but I'm playing a shitty Mage deck to try and get the daily done and I just say it drop 3 times in a row on turn 7.

It's basically drop some £'s or $'s on this game to get the cards to stay relevant or walk away, you can't stay casual and accomplish anything of note, hell I can't even finish one daily.

I havent spent money and i got as close as to one win from legendary. I just played low dust aggro decks to build gold/dust then eventually build a card collection to play more slow/control and tempo decks. I still don't have boom or big legendaries but i do have a few. Took a little break but if i hadn't I would assume i be close enough to create one of the tier 1 constructed decks. Right now using tier 2/3 decks not exactly easy but doable and eventually going to gain gold/dust to do whatever.

sibarraz

Banned
I know that I'm jinxing it but well

aQoDFyv.png

I'm currently 6-0 with this deck in arena, I never had been that well with a deck in arena.

My bigger triumph is that I stoped using heartharena some weeks ago while building decks, and it has been for the better. Don't get me wrong, that page helped me a lot to get the thought process to pick cards, but now I feel better playing arena

Molten giant has great synergy with rogue here since you always remove minions with your face, but also the antique healbot helps me to get out of lethal

Also, I learnt how to take deck picks with the app :)

manhack

Just hit Rank 4 playing exclusively Shaman.

Not the fastest I've hit rank 4, but I've been playing a lot more than normal and it has been getting harder to ladder the last few months.

Gonna try and make the push to legend, but I usually get burned out after I hit Rank 5 because of how many games it takes to the there.

I'll post some decks and stats later once I get a good feeling for how things are going at these ranks (Paladins, Druids, Warriors)

Brofist

Getting enough dust to craft a legendary really doesn't take much time

Just hit Rank 4 playing exclusively Shaman.

Not the fastest I've hit rank 4, but I've been playing a lot more than normal and it has been getting harder to ladder the last few months.

Gonna try and make the push to legend, but I usually get burned out after I hit Rank 5 because of how many games it takes to the there.

I'll post some decks and stats later once I get a good feeling for how things are going at these ranks (Paladins, Druids, Warriors)

It is definitely doable. I think hotform hit rank 1 legend with bloodlust shaman when everyone else was claiming shaman sucks balls.

There really never was a time when legends were rarely seen. I've been playing since closed beta and I recall seeing legends every game after just a few days of play. This was before the current ranked system too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shade with 5 health, shade with 4 health.

Dr. Boom, whirlwind, both die to bombs. That's enough hearthstone for today.

sibarraz

Banned
8-0 I guess that I hadn't jinxed yet, one more and I got my historical win of 9-3that still don't know how I got 1 year ago since I was super noob and picked cards that looked cool to me, maybe mage back in the day was really powerful
The mvp so far has been great crusader, he always give me a good card like shielded minibot and lay on hands

Also burgle has been really good with me, I got a holy fire which I used to kill a dr boom, that priest match was rng the dream, between the holy fire and the lay on hands, plus the antique healbot on my deck I can't believe that I won the match with barely 6 health

sibarraz

Banned

FUCK YEAH I DID IT

I went 11-0, I steamrolled through all of my opponents.

Then I faced a mage that defeated me, next match I faced him again, and we had an intense match where an ice block saved him, plus he taunted a minion so I couldnt attack face, so I decided to just throw everything on the board and pray that I will not lose.

Then he threw the madder bomber and left me at 1 health

I after added the guy and had a cool conversation, sadly he lost his arena run with my victory, he went 11-3

Pooya

I'm tired of getting matched against control warrior, why so many? it's the most boring waste of time games. Playing midrange paladin, I get matched so often against these guys, the only way to win is to just grind them down with hero power and it works every time, they just go to fatigue and die but I don't want to play 45 min games. Justicar armor is bullshit.

manhack

I'm tired of getting matched against control warrior, why so many? it's the most boring waste of time games. Playing midrange paladin, I get matched so often against these guys, the only way to win is to just grind them down with hero power and it works every time, they just go to fatigue and die but I don't want to play 45 min games. Justicar armor is bullshit.

Control warrior has been pretty bad against secret paladin, but a few streamers started playing fatigue style control warriors and I think they do a little better (still tough).

Justicar, despite initial reviews saying it is bad, have actually made control warrior extremely resilient.

I was playing a ton of warrior the month before and it was definitely slow grinding. Some people just really like that style of game play.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Getting enough dust to craft a legendary really doesn't take much time
Explain. 1600 dust is quite a bit for me. I don't think I've ever had that much in total, ever.

rickyson1

Explain. 1600 dust is quite a bit for me. I don't think I've ever had that much in total, ever.

I mean 1600 dust is what like 20-30 packs? that's not so many really

it's not gonna be something you can do in a day or two or anything like that but it shouldn't take like a year or anything like that either

I don't know what it's like outside of arena but I average a bit less than 1 arena run/day and it stacks up pretty quick (sitting on like 3k dust and 4k in golden cards which I stopped dusting)

squidyj

It is definitely doable. I think hotform hit rank 1 legend with bloodlust shaman when everyone else was claiming shaman sucks balls.

There really never was a time when legends were rarely seen. I've been playing since closed beta and I recall seeing legends every game after just a few days of play. This was before the current ranked system too.

this is true, in the before times people mostly played arena too, by the time Blizzard made constructed play compelling all the cool kids had tons of cards and and lots of dust :p

Hell, I had a golden legendary the very first day I played the game :p

If you are playing regularly, you should get a pack every other day. That is a minimum of 600 dust a month and you'll likely get around 1000 with epics or even legendaries.

Then just pick a boring or shit class, like Druid or Paladin and disenchant everything you have. It means you can't play that class, but you wouldn't want to anyway.

Boom, you have Boom.

If you are playing regularly, you should get a pack every other day. That is a minimum of 600 dust a month and you'll likely get around 1000 with epics or even legendaries.

Then just pick a boring or shit class, like Druid or Paladin and disenchant everything you have. It means you can't play that class, but you wouldn't want to anyway.

Boom, you have Boom.

Except the average on packs is about 100 dust. So easily 3000 dust per month if you get the average amount of dust if you get 30 packs. Don't ask me for a source cause its really old info.

I see you said a pack every other day, so 1500 dust a month for that. But getting about a pack a day is not really hard. I'd say 5 packs a week with minimal effort. So lets go with 2000 dust per month.

I see you said a pack every other day, so 1500 dust a month for that. But getting about a pack a day is not really hard. I'd say 5 packs a week with minimal effort. So lets go with 2000 dust per month.

Not when you have the cards/decks, but starting out it'll be a bit of a struggle to get a pack a day.

But yeah either way you can save a lot of dust and gold up pretty quickly. If you are not playing enough to save it up? Well there probably isn't much point getting it all to begin with.

sgjackson

21-1 in the Arena tonight - started with a 3-2 Pally deck I took to 12, then went 12-1 with Mage.

First deck was just a rock solid Paladin deck, curve was perfect but card quality was average. I'd have predicted 7 or 8 for it but I played really well with regards to pushing tempo versus going for value, was really happy.

Second deck had Deathwing and 3 Flamestrikes.

Pooya

this is true, in the before times people mostly played arena too, by the time Blizzard made constructed play compelling all the cool kids had tons of cards and and lots of dust :p

Hell, I had a golden legendary the very first day I played the game :p

I've been playing since about launch, across two accounts, I haven't seen a single golden legendary yet :(

Szadek

We all this talk about legendary cards, which ones do I need to play patron warrior or secret Paladin?
You don't need any Legendaries,except for Emperor Thaurissan,which you obviously already own if you have patron's.

Secret Paladins play Dr. Boom and maybe Tirion.
If you don't have Tirion,you should probably play a more aggressive deck with 2 Divine Favor and 2 Argent Squire.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I mean 1600 dust is what like 20-30 packs? that's not so many really

it's not gonna be something you can do in a day or two or anything like that but it shouldn't take like a year or anything like that either

I don't know what it's like outside of arena but I average a bit less than 1 arena run/day and it stacks up pretty quick (sitting on like 3k dust and 4k in golden cards which I stopped dusting)

Boom, you have Boom.

Except the average on packs is about 100 dust. So easily 3000 dust per month if you get the average amount of dust if you get 30 packs. Don't ask me for a source cause its really old info.

If you are relatively new most if not all the cards shouldn't be dustable as you'd not have them or at least 2 of them yet. You are all looking at it from the standpoint that you have ever card already, and so you're dusting everything or at least 80% of what you get.

With 3 different card groups that's a lot of cards to collect before you can regularly start dusting everything.

It's not even about starting out either. Even early on you can manage enough dust every other day for a pack. It's the fact that you aren't dusting those cards.

Hanzou

100 dust per pack. Minimum is 40 dust with 4 Commons and 1 rare right? 100 per pack seems high although I guess a pack with one epic and 4 Commons is 120 so maybe the average creeps up.

But still, a new player is not going to be dusting every card in a pack they need to build up their collection. What good is Boom if every other card in the pack is a basic card.

Brakara

100 dust per pack. Minimum is 40 dust with 4 Commons and 1 rare right? 100 per pack seems high although I guess a pack with one epic and 4 Commons is 120 so maybe the average creeps up.

But still, a new player is not going to be dusting every card in a pack they need to build up their collection. What good is Boom if every other card in the pack is a basic card.

Yeah, it's funny how people who're not f2p tries to argue how easy it is to craft legendaries. I have a paid account and a f2p account, and the differences in card collections is huge. I did manage to craft Boom on my f2p account eventually, but it took me forever (not to mention dusting several "useless" epics and rares).

Yeah, it's funny how people who're not f2p tries to argue how easy it is to craft legendaries. I have a paid account and a f2p account, and the differences in card collections is huge. I did manage to craft Boom on my f2p account eventually, but it took me forever (not to mention dusting several "useless" epics and rares).

I think it is a matter on how you play, I only arena so I never spend on a pack, but as long as you are getting around 4+, it usually pays for itself if you consider the pack a 100 gold investment already.

I should also mention I purchased both single player expansions with real money. Though if you have an android, I suggest google play rewards, I started using it last month and I am up to 10 dollars, and the goal is to get to 25 by the next single player release

Hanzou

Exactly. I am a f2p player. Playing for about 6 weeks maybe (played in beta and a few weeks after launch, then got back into it last nonth) and have done maybe a half dozen arena runs and bought upwards of 25 packs or so. I have 245 dust total. I have never crafted a card and have dusted all my 3 or more extras. Sure I could dust my golden piloted sky Golem but it's a good card for my decks. I have a b much of rare and epics that I could dust solely to get another legendary (only have Madonna, loatheb and sylvannas) but really, dusting almost my entire collection to have Dr Boom seems a little silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom