• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RIP in peace.

I hope a new Rogue archetype springs up with the next expac.

A deck that is boring to watch, uninteractive and frustrating to play against? Nuke it.

Kibler agrees: Warsong Commander did very little but generate uninteractive gameplay. Hearthstone is better with it being essentially gone.

How is it more boring to watch than other decks? OTK is the only bad uninteractive part and without OTK it wouldn't be frustrating to play against. I mean, grim patron was created for synergy with warsong, no one thinks that grim patron is overpowered and now it's useless.

Xanathus

Control Warrior would demolish that free especially the version that people are running these days.
Except why would people run Control Warrior in a Patron-less meta. The whole point of playing Freeze Mage is that you're expecting less Warriors compared to other matchups, Zoo will rise up and Freeze is favored against that as well.

kirblar

How is it more boring to watch than other decks? OTK is the only bad uninteractive part and without OTK it wouldn't be frustrating to play against. I mean, grim patron was created for synergy with warsong, no one thinks that grim patron is overpowered and now it's useless.
Correct. They took the OTK out by removing Warsong Commander. There wasn't another way to do it.

Haines

Banned
Thank the lord blozzard removed that trash deck from the game.

I wonder if theres a warrior agro deck that will replace it.

Dre

Correct. They took the OTK out by removing Warsong Commander. There wasn't another way to do it.

There was. Warsong Commander - Your minions with 3 or less attack have charge

But instead Blizzard opted for the most retarded nerf possible. Now besides Warsong Commander Grim Patron and Frothing Berserker are shit tier cards.

kirblar

There was. Warsong Commander - Your minions with 3 or less attack have charge

But instead Blizzard opted for the most retarded nerf possible. Now besides Warsong Commander Grim Patron and Frothing Berserker are shit tier cards.
The issue from a design standpoint is future-proofing. If they do that, they may just end up in the same position again down the line, and would rather just kill it with fire.

Dahbomb

Except why would people run Control Warrior in a Patron-less meta. The whole point of playing Freeze Mage is that you're expecting less Warriors compared to other matchups, Zoo will rise up and Freeze is favored against that as well.
If Freeze Mage rises then CW is always there to keep it in check. That's the point.

Though you are certainly right about the return of Zoolock.

Parshias7

Hey, my uncle works for Blizzard, and he gave me a sneak peek at other changes to powerful cards the dev team is working on:

Emperor Thaurissan: 6 mana 3/3, and the beginning of your turn you have a 25% chance to decrease one card in your hand's cost by 0-1.

Mad Scientist: 2 mana 0/1. Deathrattle: Draw a random secret, it costs (2) more.

Mysterious Challenger: 6 mana 2/2. Battlecry: Uninstall Hearthstone.

Dahbomb

Hey, my uncle works for Blizzard, and he gave me a sneak peek at other changes to powerful cards the dev team is working on:

Emperor Thaurissan: 6 mana 3/3, and the beginning of your turn you have a 25% chance to decrease one card in your hand's cost by 0-1.

Mad Scientist: 2 mana 0/1. Deathrattle: Draw a random secret, it costs (2) more.

Mysterious Challenger: 6 mana 2/2. Battlecry: Uninstall Hearthstone.
MC already makes me want to do that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yep, this followed the same method for balancing they've been doing for quite some time now.

1.) New deck that's heavily dominant appears.

2.) Wait until a month or two after the following expansion to see if it's still dominating.

3.) Nerf if it is.

Dahbomb

Yep, this followed the same method for balancing they've been doing for quite some time now.

1.) New deck that's heavily dominant appears.

2.) Wait until a month or two after the following expansion to see if it's still dominating.

3.) Nerf if it is.
So we are not going to see a Mysterious Challenger nerf until 2 months after the next expansion...

Also when's the Dr Balanced nerf?

Haly

I guess it's time to craft some Mysterious Challengers...

Dre

The issue from a design standpoint is future-proofing. If they do that, they may just end up in the same position again down the line, and would rather just kill it with fire.

That's another issue I have with Blizzard they are way too reluctant when it comes to buffs and nerfs. Instead of trying out small card changes regularly they choose to nuke a card/deck once in a blue moon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm curious to see if people make a go of Axe Flinger now.

There was a variety of positivity around that card, but the conclusion was there was no reason to play it with Patron Warrior existing.

Malice215

I never imagined that Blizzard would make the card worse than a Raid Leader when they could have started by reverting the buff they gave to Warsong and see where that went instead of the most heavy handed approach possible.

They have the ability to change what they want, but they take the most heavy handed approach which just gives rise to the next cheapest decks in the meta.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
A part of me is happy because losing from an empty board with 30 HP is beyond broken but another part of me is sad because that means grim patron warrior as a deck is probably dead, this change kills the deck completely which is kinda a bummer because it was such a high skill deck and.......who am i kidding this is great, get fucked Patron and Xixo
EleGiggle.png

squidyj

so uhhhh. delete your patron decks, literally just dead.

what a stupid fucking nerf. I guess I should have expected it, killing decks that do interesting things is what blizzard is all about. One day they will have the utopia they're looking for where the game can be played by greedy algorithm. fucking idiots.

Lunaniem

so uhhhh. delete your patron decks, literally just dead.

what a stupid fucking nerf. I guess I should have expected it, killing decks that do interesting things is what blizzard is all about. One day they will have the utopia they're looking for where the game can be played by greedy algorithm. fucking idiots.

salty.gif

kirblar

That's another issue I have with Blizzard they are way too reluctant when it comes to buffs and nerfs. Instead of trying out small card changes regularly they choose to nuke a card/deck once in a blue moon.
I agree. They are taking the pacing approach of a paper TCG when the online metagame for HS moves much faster.

Haly

He's right though.

Most decks these days are very flowcharty. Only Handlock requires any modicum of thought or choice.

Any variation in actual games these days comes from RNG, rather than from deliberate player decisions.

He's right though.

Most decks these days are very flowcharty. Only Handlock requires any modicum of thought or choice.

Any variation in actual games these days comes from RNG, rather than from deliberate player decisions.

so is patron. it just requires a lot of adding to figure out if you have lethal. it's a bad deck with no hard counter. good fucking riddance.

Don't people realise that this will make secret paladin even more cancerous and it's braindead deck.

lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Charge Warrior new meta.

I'm curious to see if people make a go of Axe Flinger now.

There was a variety of positivity around that card, but the conclusion was there was no reason to play it with Patron Warrior existing.

I've played with Axe Flinger in aggro enrage Warrior before. It is probably better than Yeti in that deck, but probably not better than Shredder or Korkron Elite.

V-Faction

CHARGE BACKWARDS

The question then becomes, how soon is this patch. Because, wow! Talk about delicacy with a sledgehammer!

"Have" instead of "Give" or returning the card back to "Play" instead of "Summon", these are the changes I would've loved to see at first.

kirblar

He's right though.

That's exactly why they keep adding RNG, to try and keep it from turning further and further into VS System.

embalm

I hate to see any deck get removed from the game, especially one that worked great against aggro.

The nerf seems extreme and it turns the warsong commander into something completely useless.

I think patron decks might survive, but they can't depend on 1 turn kills. They will reduce card draw and put in minions that fight for the board and they will need to include some late game to finish off the opponent.

They could also switch over to using the Charge spell, which still enables a OTK with a single frothing, but not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom