• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Just found out about Warsong nerf. SOOOOO happy. I hope the people playing that fucking cornball deck are salty as hell.

Netdecking creatively bankrupt losers. They even play that garbage in BRAWL.... Its like breh... cmon.

imBask

Banned
Just found out about Warsong nerf. SOOOOO happy. I hope the people playing that fucking cornball deck are salty as hell.

Netdecking creatively bankrupt losers. They even play that garbage in BRAWL.... Its like breh... cmon.

they'll hop on the next broken netdeck train. It's inevitable

the reign of the christmas tree paladin is upon us, enjoy

Just realized I haven't touched HS for almost 2 weeks and I didn't really make a conscious effort to stop playing. Grinding ladder isn't that fun in the current meta (patron is hardly an issue for the rank 20-5 grind) and if anything Arena is worse to play than it was in GvG, even before I realize I almost never get any new cards because I only have a 1/3 chance of getting TGT packs.

Unless some really cool new deck shows up (maybe whatever zoo iteration that'll inevitably climb up the meta after patron is gone), I'll probably take a break until the next expansion. If they're sending warsong commander to the next dimension in preparation for some strong low-mana neutral minions, it sounds promising. Hope it leads to fun interactions in the early game outside of "things I need to frostbolt/shadow word/arcane shot/waraxe" and "FACE".

Dahbomb

Kripp went ham on the Warsong Commander change.

Said the card is not only a worse Raid Leader but a worse Dire Wolf Alpha as well in most cases.

Like many he's fine with Grim Patron getting nerfed but not at the expense of a card being just about obsoleted from the game.

squidyj

let the hate flow through you.

It's good that you've found ways to feel superior to the people that apparently beat you senseless in hearthstone all the time, preserving your sense of self worth is very important.

Owzers

Last 3 paladins I've faced in Arena had the Equality+Consecration combo.

This game is so much fun.
I had board control as a warlock and a paladin killed my three 4 hp monsters with two consecrations in a row, awful arena trip.

Missed the nerf news....I hate patron among other/most things but that change seems rough.

Time to tempo mage. A little sad I made antonidas for that deck cause I actually agree with reynad that antonidas in tempo mage isn't necessarily great tbh.

I also remember back in the day running rag in tempo mage was pretty good tbh.

ricelord

708ce387.png

soon very soon....

Shiver

they nerfed the wrong card. wtf

patron warrior was a cool deck. it definitely needed a nerf, but not this. like holy shit.

and now warrior is back to only having one viable deck option. gg,blizzard.

I feel like tempo mage was a good pick for tonight seeing as I went 8-1 with it. I lost to one lucky ass midrange paladin through murloc knight shenanigans.

My last match of the night was a bit crazy line of draws. It was vs an echo mage (presumably because he played duplicate). And he had 15 health left, with a doomsayer on board and my side frozen. I had both my flamewakers out and a sorceress apprentice. I had a fireball and both frostbolts. That was 12 damage from spells, and 12 damage from flamewakers. My damn flamewakers > pyroblast at that point. Guaranteed lethal in spite of the RNG feels good.

I also had a match vs secretdin who ragequit on turn 6 when I dropped sylvanas. But I had a aviana in hand as well which I got from UP... would have made a great turn 7 to play aviana and ragnaros. I wish he didn't rage quit.

they nerfed the wrong card. wtf

patron warrior was a cool deck. it definitely needed a nerf, but not this. like holy shit.

and now warrior is back to only having one viable deck option. gg,blizzard.

Patron isn't out of the picture entirely yet. People will see if other patron decks can be built. You just can't get charging patrons and frothing may or may not be included with charge. You can still drop patron on turn 5, inner rage it, swing with death's bite and get 4 patrons and snowball if they don't have an answer.

I also don't think TGT is completely figured out. New decks may emerge, particularly a dragon one I think. These deck types are still kinda new imo and they're unrefined because of the variance of having a dragon vs not. Not banking on it happening but it still could.

On the other hand, while warrior has a pretty good deck available to it still, shaman and rogue do not. So yeah... puck fatron.

If you are relatively new most if not all the cards shouldn't be dustable as you'd not have them or at least 2 of them yet. You are all looking at it from the standpoint that you have ever card already, and so you're dusting everything or at least 80% of what you get.

With 3 different card groups that's a lot of cards to collect before you can regularly start dusting everything.

It's not even about starting out either. Even early on you can manage enough dust every other day for a pack. It's the fact that you aren't dusting those cards.

Not so. Early on people should concentrate on one class/deck they want to play and dust everything else. This will give you a strong basis to work on and help you get dust fast.

You can then fill out the other classes later on.

Now that they finally dealt with Patron, i hope they will finally deal with the other HS cancer - face hunter

There is zero wrong with face hunter. The real cancer is people refusing to run cards like Kezan mystic because the deck they read about online doesn't include it.

If you want to beat face hunter, you can do it pretty much every time. If you wanted to beat patron? You had to hope they don't draw emperor otherwise you are fucked.

Which incidentally was the much better way to nerf patron. Simply stop emperor from making cards cost zero and then see how it goes from there.

Lyng

So incomming face warrior?

Its becomming pretty clear that Blizz want the game to be even faster. Face decks all around.

Meanwhile you can keep parking your brain and just vomit your cards on the board and go face and win. Any deck that actually requires you to think gets nerfed, because of all the facehunters who dont understand they are not auto winning anymore.

Just give us a digital version of Netrunner allready.

If you know a deck that can reliably beat them,please share

Midrange druid does. But hybrid hunter is a bit harder for midrange druid to beat.

TBH a lot of decks do fairly well against face hunter. But face hunter isn't really popular right now. But there are plenty of anti-aggro tools you can tech into your deck to beat them. Zombie chow and healbot, and especially healbot, can be auto-win tools against face hunter since they have a fairly limited amount of damage output.

If you know a deck that can reliably beat them,please share

Control warrior with Kezan mystic and unstable ghouls. You could build any of other decks from there.

You are asking the wrong question. What you really want to ask is "what deck can reliably beat them and can still beat every other deck like Handlock and I don't have to think about constructing it or playing?"

Which is a very different question and much harder to answer.

Don't think Patron had many bad matchups. Maybe Control Warrior? The worst for Patron was probably 6-4 matchups not in favor, unless I am forgetting something.

Don't think Patron had many bad matchups. Maybe Control Warrior? The worst for Patron was probably 6-4 matchups not in favor, unless I am forgetting something.

Control warrior wasn't a bad match up.

Patron had two bad match ups, people who were shit at playing it and people not getting good draws early.

Unfortunately time was fixing the first problem, sooner or later everybody learns the 3 times table, so we were left relying on Patron players not getting good draws.

That is ok to a point, since it is a card game, but not to the point where you could get good draws yourself, but couldn't actually play a card because you would get destroyed.

Lumine

I can only imagine that the development team is already working on new cards and Warsong remained a problem in combination with them too. They already nerfed Warsong once before at the end of the beta more than a year ago. It used to give all minions charge (not just minions with 3 attack or less) which let Warrior do OTK's back then as well. Perhaps Warsong giving minions with 3 attack or less and then taking it away again when they go over 3 attack was a programming nightmare as well. In that sense I can understand that they finally decided to say that Warsong's ability to give (multiple) minions charge just had to go completely.

That being said, I'm a little bothered they changed it to something that seems outright bad at face value. I'm thinking it could give +2 attack or have an extra health in return at the very least. Right now I'm not even sure you'd put this in a "charge warrior" deck if you could make that work.

Same with Buzzard. The Unleash combo also needed balancing at the time, but I still feel like they took it too far by completely killing the card.

This nerf is even worse then Buzzard since Warsong was the backbone of the entire deck. They broke the spine and now it's just dead. It's just sad that this is the nerf they came up with.

Even after Undertaker and Buzzard nerfs, Hunter still works. I don't see Patron or similar decks recovering from this, unless old school math warrior somehow comes back

Too bad i'll have to give up on the warrior class altogether since the only viable warrior deck is the most expensive deck in the game and i will never pick warrior in arena.

Echo giant mage
lol

Pooya

yeah the worst part is the removal of a class for most players in an stale dreadful meta. We needed to bring more classes to meta, not less. Patron wasn't even that popular, its removal isn't going to change meta other than giving more room to face decks. Fully expecting people bring face decks to blizzcon as they are good against handlock, secret paly and even combo druid.

Rolodzeo

I think they went too far with this nerf. I mean, I do think they had to nerf Warsong, the deck was absolutely broken, but they changed it completely, destroying a fun mechanic in the game.

FeD.nL

Well what I find interesting is that they specifically designed Patron to fit a warrior combo deck. I mean Blizzard's BRM stream at the beginning of the year showed a deck that basically had the foundation of what would become the patron deck as it was.

So why nerf it in such a way the deck becomes unplayable? Either the team is very bad at designing cards or they simply don't have a clue what they would like the game to become. Because why would you first design a card for a combo deck, show it off on stream in a combo deck very similar to the deck that would become top of the meta only to nerf it into the ground later in the same year.

Furthermore what card(s) were they expecting out of TGT to counter said deck? I mean they must have thought some combination of cards would counter patron, because why else would you wait so long with the nerf?

It just reeks of incompetence on Blizzard's part tbh.

Ikael

Blizzard keeps on its tradition of shitty balance, nil theoretical game design knowdegle and nerfing their problems into oblivion. Urgh.

And I hated Patron Warrior with passion too, but this is ridiculous, you are not nerfing any card or whatsoever, you are nerfing one basic core set card. This is impairing the entire warrior class altogether and pidgeonhole-ing into one single playstyle, in true buzzard-nerf fashion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm starting to get bored of the game/meta again. The last time I remember feeling this way about the game was after GvG came out. Really not fond of the decks that get played right now though, and honestly Patron was one of the more interesting matchups to see/play against, even if it felt unfair at times. Seeing Patron get nerfed to be unplayable is pretty annoying. It wasn't a deck I saw very often on ladder but at least it created a guessing game of what type of Warrior deck I was playing against.

Brakara

On the other hand, I think the warsong nerf is the best thing that has happened to the game in ages.

I mean, if you think 50+ damage OTKs from an empty board is cool, then I don't know what to tell you.

jgminto

On the other hand, I think the warsong nerf is the best thing that has happened to the game in ages.

I mean, if you think 50+ damage OTKs from an empty board is cool, then I don't know what to tell you.

One of the biggest counters to aggro being completely destroyed is the best thing to happen to the game in ages? Now there's even less reason to refrain from flooding your board with low cost minions since you won't be giving Warriors a strong board state/damage potential. The reason Secret Pally hasn't run away with the meta until now is that Patron was one of the decks keeping it in check. So instead of fixing the actual problem with Patron (the barely avoidable burst with double Frothings), Blizzard decides aggro isn't getting enough help already and paves the way for aggro domination.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The ramp to that point is pretty slow though. Druid can easily combo for most of someone's life pool and they can get to that point relatively quickly, or with an aggressive early game.

Pooya

I hope rogue gets some decent cards next time around, for those of us that want to play something that requires thinking and actual decision making the game is so boring right now.

We probably get more gimmick and RNG cards instead. I kinda like burgle though.

I don't mind some new burn spells, eviscerate is so outclassed, when warrior's new hero power nullifies eviscerate you know something's wrong with your game balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom