• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

1444826259-capture.png

People are going after MC now, of course they won't do anything about it anytime soon.

ParityBit

I can not beat the final boss in Black Rock. Any suggestions? or do I just have to keep at it until I get lucky?

Also, any reason to do the Heroic difficulty?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I can not beat the final boss in Black Rock. Any suggestions? or do I just have to keep at it until I get lucky?

Also, any reason to do the Heroic difficulty?

I can't remember that fight exactly, but when in doubt try face hunter. You can end a lot of the boss fights before the crazy sets in.

ViviOggi

I hope rogue gets some decent cards next time around, for those of us that want to play something that requires thinking and actual decision making the game is so boring right now.

We probably get more gimmick and RNG cards instead. I kinda like burgle though.

I don't mind some new burn spells, eviscerate is so outclassed, when warrior's new hero power nullifies eviscerate you know something's wrong with your game balance.
pls no spelleroni only running on-curve value drops into each other is a proper interactive experience, then just add rng to well above average cards for epic & exciting player stories

Lyng

This nerf is even worse then Buzzard since Warsong was the backbone of the entire deck. They broke the spine and now it's just dead. It's just sad that this is the nerf they came up with.

Even after Undertaker and Buzzard nerfs, Hunter still works. I don't see Patron or similar decks recovering from this, unless old school math warrior somehow comes back

I dont understand why people are surprised. Blizz did the same to Miracle rogue.

Xanathus

pls no spelleroni only running on-curve value drops into each other is a proper interactive experience, then just add rng to well above average cards for epic & exciting player stories

It's blatantly obvious the Hearthstone design team is just catering to the lowest common denominator in order to make the game as simple as possible to maximize profits, rather than making a game with depth or any form of strategy.

Took a break from hearthstone... But it looks like I'm coming back at the right time. Patron warrior gone...face hunter on the decline. I think it's time to unleash my cancerous mysterious challenger deck on the world.

I dont understand why people are surprised. Blizz did the same to Miracle rogue.

the miracle nerf was nowhere near as drastic. The reason it stayed dead was partially because patron did everything that deck did but was way better in every way.

It's blatantly obvious the Hearthstone design team is just catering to the lowest common denominator in order to make the game as simple as possible to maximize profits, rather than making a game with depth or any form of strategy.

I think it's the proper path to take, though. MTG already does the "super serious complicated fantasy card game" way better than Hearthstone will probably ever do, and Hearthstone's success is mostly due to the fact that it never even tried to be a competitive thing. Hearthstone esports is so endearing partially because it doesn't take itself seriously at all, half the time the casters are laughing at how stupid the RNG is instead of trying to hype it up like some sort of clash of minds.

Talents

Banned
So atm I'm missing Thalnos for my Freeze mage deck, and Ragnaros for a Control Warrior deck. What one do you guys think is better to craft? I'm leaning towards Ragnaros but can't decide.

Ladekabel

Yo, somedays, fuck this game. You're on a downhill because the game decides so. You get your late game in the mulligan and the opponent curves out perfectly and gets the RNG he/she needs. Boom Bots are clearing the board, Tuskarr Totemic summons Vitality Totem and you get your Fireball one turn later than you needed it, Shredder gives the exact minion the opponent could have hoped for. And all you get from the RNG is shit.

I feel like I write this eveyr other week but it always pisses me off and I need to vent.

bjaelke

An encounter at the crossroads...under a manastorm ! Choose a class, get random cards. Each turn your cards' costs are randomized !

1 mana Archmage...I hate this brawl

JoeMartin

Yo, somedays, fuck this game. You're on a downhill because the game decides so. You get your late game in the mulligan and the opponent curves out perfectly and gets the RNG he/she needs. Boom Bots are clearing the board, Tuskarr Totemic summons Vitality Totem and you get your Fireball one turn later than you needed it, Shredder gives the exact minion the opponent could have hoped for. And all you get from the RNG is shit.

I feel like I write this eveyr other week but it always pisses me off and I need to vent.

I just keep the mentality that I am entitled to nothing and don't deserve any particular card or cards at any particular time; as often as I have lost on a bad draw alone so too have I won on a good draw alone - it is the choices for the game in between which matter.

Affect what you are able, accept what you cannot.

Pooya

OK, this is the worst brawl yet, it can't get more mindless than this. Hearthstone at its 'best'.

Remember to play around 1 mana Kel'thuzad, it's all about skill.

Ladekabel

Got a lot of junk in my brawl pack but at least I got a Shieldbearer.

I just keep the mentality that I am entitled to nothing and don't deserve any particular card or cards at any particular time; as often as I have lost on a bad draw alone so too have I won on a good draw alone - it is the choices for the game in between which matter.

Affect what you are able, accept what you cannot.

I'm not calm enough to be like that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They should do a Murloc Knight Brawl. Every time you use your hero power, spawn a random murloc. =)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uh, Handlock and Midrange/Fast Druid rose because they had favorable matchups against Patron.

Handlock because of their taunt walls and AoE clear.
Midrange because their minions were resistant to removal and had the same gameplan as Patron (get to Turn 7-8, Lethal Combo)

Xanathus

Control warrior beats it 90% of the time. Control priest beats it 80% of the time. Dragon priest beats it 65% of the time.

I want to say Control Priest and Dragon Priest should have their percentages reversed. The problem with Control Priest is that you rely too heavily on comboing specific cards and I've seen/experienced so many losses against "favorable" matchups simply because you don't draw the cards in time. With Dragon Priest you just need your early drops and any dragon and since there are so many taunts you are much less likely to get bursted down before you can recover.

Dreavus

That's most days.

I stick to playing ladder on transit or a few arena games at a time at home. I don't know how some folks can play ladder for hours on end.

johnsmith

remember me
I want to say Control Priest and Dragon Priest should have their percentages reversed. The problem with Control Priest is that you rely too heavily on comboing specific cards and I've seen/experienced so many losses against "favorable" matchups simply because you don't draw the cards in time. With Dragon Priest you just need your early drops and any dragon and since there are so many taunts you are much less likely to get bursted down before you can recover.
Yeah maybe. I was going to give the edge to control because dragon priest lacks big self heals, but the taunts basically do the same thing.

And sounds like I stopped watching reckful before it got good, but even the part I watched was hilarious. He got mad because he wasn't typing as well as he used to and was being beaten by people in his chat, and the he lost $1,000 in blackjack in less than 5 minutes.

Mirimar

LOL...this brawl is beyond ridiculous. I had an instant concede with a turn 3 Icehowl, that 10/10 legendary that only hits minions.

Control warrior beats it 90% of the time. Control priest beats it 80% of the time. Dragon priest beats it 65% of the time.

Been playing as dragon priest the past few weeks. The match up is pretty much gets decided by turn four. If I have my wyrumrest agent and twilight guardian hunter is toast. If I don't it's usually pretty hard to come back from barring a miracle holy nova clear.

johnsmith

remember me
Fuck this brawl. Turn 1 5+ drop every fucking time from my opponent. Oh a giant this time. Whoever designed this needs to die a slow and painful death.

Turn 3 sea giant and hogger! I'm going to murder someone!

sibarraz

Banned
This brawl isn't very funny, not because is unfair or anything like that, is just that when something is way too random, you don't enjoy it that much

Well, I got my win in the first try so i'm fine with it

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It says a lot when even if you have 3 Bolvars in your hand that cost 2 it still feels like a lackluster card.

Portugeezer

This brawl is shit. Dat feeling when you crawl back into the game and dude gets a cheap-ass deathwing.

3 games was enough for me to experience lol.

Tacitus_

>brawl, warlock vs priest with legendary cardback
>opponent cabals my minion on turn 4
>I plop down dr boom and dark bargain to clear his board

next turn I tapped into an ysera but didn't get to play her before I won the game

Brakara

It's called a combo. It's very common in most TCG:s.

In other TCGs, like Magic and Hex, you have the option of interacting during your opponent's turn.

The charge mechanic is a lot more powerful when you cannot do that, which is why so often charge has been the target of nerfs in Hearthstone.

You gotta be kidding me with this fucking brawl... They seriously thought this was a good idea? My opponent gets to play Ysera turn 1 and I have nothing but garbage

New brawl is decent enough. Sure it's a 100% crapshoot but it still manages to be enjoyable enough for me to play a handful of games.

Also seems like Druid is the best? Not sure but every time I went up against a Druid I got demolished.

I have no idea what this brawl is, but it gave me a 1 mana deathwing when my opponent had 6 mininions to my 1 on board and I had an empty hand. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom