• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

warrior is shaman/rogue tier now.

so many players trying different decks with it and they all suck. mechwarrior, dragon warrior, taunt warrior. all getting slaughtered.

for the first time seeing warrior in ladder gives me a sigh of relief instead of going "im screwed"

Tubie

Kripp: "Honestly there were three winners in that competition, Reynad was not one of them"

Kripp never misses a chance to take shots at Reynad lmao.

warrior is shaman/rogue tier now.

so many players trying different decks with it and they all suck. mechwarrior, dragon warrior, taunt warrior. all getting slaughtered.

for the first time seeing warrior in ladder gives me a sigh of relief instead of going "im screwed"

lol what? Mech warrior isn't bad. And control warrior is still fairly good. Not even close to the bottom.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man Hybrid hunter can really punish secret paladins, feels good
laugh.gif
It's a really strong deck right now because of that fact alone, also bear trap totally saved my ass today.

I think I am playing against a zoolock bot on EU. No one plays this slow and methodically. Roping out each turn because he is clearly going through routines to check what to do. And attacking face with 2 second pauses between attacks every single time.

Moonlight

Banned
Ughhhh. I run a Secret Paladin out of gas, set up my board with Antonidas and a couple cheap spells in my hand for next turn, then he topdecks Consecration for game.

caesar

Banned
I think I am playing against a zoolock bot on EU. No one plays this slow and methodically. Roping out each turn because he is clearly going through routines to check what to do. And attacking face with 2 second pauses between attacks every single time.

There are definitely still bots around but its nowhere near as bad as that shaman epidemic.

Just had my first wtf moment as hunter today... I have brave hunter + haunted creeper in hand. All I need to do is draw a card costing 4 or less, all of my deck is 4 or less except highmanes... I draw highmane and he plays malganis...

Also every time before that match I got leok. Suddenly I don't two in a row when I really could use it.

Zoggy

Just had my first wtf moment as hunter today... I have brave hunter + haunted creeper in hand. All I need to do is draw a card costing 4 or less, all of my deck is 4 or less except highmanes... I draw highmane and he plays malganis...

Also every time before that match I got leok. Suddenly I don't two in a row when I really could use it.

animal companion should really say "if you play this card summon leok or misha. if your opponent plays it summon huffer"

always huffer

Kornflayx

It was funny seeing the difference between Forsen and Reynad early on when they had the mic problems. Forsen was all like "Can you fix this? Does this sound good for you guys?" and Reynad was all "I don't give a fuck how I sound. If you message me again I will ban you for 24 hours"

And you got your answer why nobody likes him and his viewers are only there to troll him.

Zoggy

most of the HS "celebs" i know are way different from most other popular streamers.

trump
kripp
lifecoach (isn't this guy always deadly silent and roping every turn? lol)
forsen (hilarious)

they're not always yelling or cursing or overacting.

this reynad guy seems like an unpleasant dude. and amaz jeez that guy is always overdoing his celebrations

Haunted

most of the HS "celebs" i know are way different from most other popular streamers.

trump
kripp
forsen (hilarious)

this reynad guy seems like an unpleasant dude. and amaz jeez that guy is always overdoing his celebrations
Well, Hearthstone is a very different game from the games the popular streamers play in terms of pacing and excitement, there's a completely different energy in fighting game or Counterstrike streams. Similarly to Hearthstone, most Chess and Go streamers I've seen are also very quiet and understated in their behaviour. I assume the same would hold true for your average Magic The Gathering player on stream.

But I think it's good that there's a variety out there, there are people who enjoy the extroverted and over-the-top types, but others might appreciate more regular and non-"acting" personalities like Savjz.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got lethal through an unstable portal warsong to charge a water ele.

Probably going to be the last time I use the card before they remove it from the game. A fitting end.

trump
kripp
forsen (hilarious)

To each their own. I've been a fan of reynad's since before he became popular and known for salt. But tbh, a lot of streamers are salty. Even during that 24 hour stream, lots of salt was passed around. Granted, if you're sick, tired, and jet lagged, it is reasonable to be extra salty (reynad).

But I think it's good that there's a variety out there, there are people who enjoy the extroverted and over-the-top types, but others might appreciate more regular and non-"acting" personalities like Savjz.

I think it comes down to maturity, or lack thereof.

There really isn't any reason to pay attention to somebody like Reynad when there are lots of other options available.

Loomba

I think it comes down to maturity, or lack thereof.

There really isn't any reason to pay attention to somebody like Reynad when there are lots of other options available.

This past tournament really put me onto Sajvz, he seems like a nice dude. Shows a lot of character that he didn't flip out after Forsens last game, didn't his opponent have lethal but conceded anyway so that Forsen won?

24 hours in I probably would have lost my shit.

Kangi

Got two cases of being matched against the same person twice in arena this time around. Went against a Paladin twice who I spanked both times, and a Rogue twice who spanked me both times.

The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away.

(And Voidcaller into Floating Watcher is crazy.)

Ladekabel

Is Hybrid-Lock a thing? Played against an Handlock, who started with Voidcaller, then two turns nothing and then an Twilight Drake, into Mountain Giant followed by Nerubian Egg and Piloted Shredder. Destroyed him with a Lightwarden with two PW:S which just seemed to much for him.

And there is nothing quite as frustrating as losing with Priest against a Face Hunter who curves out perfectly and you only drawing your late-game.

Levi

Banned
Awful weekend for me. All I wanted to do is hit ten this weekend. Climb from 18 to 11,then fall to 15,and I've spent about 30 games bouncing between 15 and 14.

Been playing your standard Aspirant Druid, a demon handlock variant that maybe isn't as consistent as the tempostorm.com list but definitely more fun, and a pretty standard Control Warrior. I'll win streak a bit but then get destroyed with a bunch of bad match-ups and poor openings. See nothing but hunter until I switch to warrior and all of a sudden it's druids and mirrors all day.

I don't know if it's my greedy decks being punished by an aggressive meta or if I just belong at rank 15. I want to have fun with the decks I enjoy, but I also want to win with them. I don't want to play aggro. I don't find it fun.

Anyway, am I an idiot for trying to climb with non-aggressive decks?

Curiously, out of probably 60 games Sat and Sun, didn't see more than one or two secret Paladins. Guess they all already ranked up father than where I'm stalled.

caesar

Banned
Awful weekend for me. All I wanted to do is hit ten this weekend. Climb from 18 to 11,then fall to 15,and I've spent about 30 games bouncing between 15 and 14.

Been playing your standard Aspirant Druid, a demon handlock variant that maybe isn't as consistent as the tempostorm.com list but definitely more fun, and a pretty standard Control Warrior. I'll win streak a bit but then get destroyed with a bunch of bad match-ups and poor openings. See nothing but hunter until I switch to warrior and all of a sudden it's druids and mirrors all day.

I don't know if it's my greedy decks being punished by an aggressive meta or if I just belong at rank 15. I want to have fun with the decks I enjoy, but I also want to win with them. I don't want to play aggro. I don't find it fun.

Curiously, out of probably 60 games Sat and Sun, didn't see more than one or two secret Paladins. Guess they all already ranked up father than where I'm stalled.

Are you eu or na?

Pooya

I'm pretty sure I'm a rogue magnet. I just lost to a miracle rogue, yeah you read that right lol.
I've seen more golden portrait rogues in the past few days that I've seen in like a year...

squidyj

This past tournament really put me onto Sajvz, he seems like a nice dude. Shows a lot of character that he didn't flip out after Forsens last game, didn't his opponent have lethal but conceded anyway so that Forsen won?

24 hours in I probably would have lost my shit.

when savjz is sad you are sad.
when reynad is sad you eat popcorn.

Haunted

I cannot fathom how people can watch Trump's actual streams. The supremely well-cut edits on his YT channel are where it's at.

Hearthstone streams for me.

Ladder
Kibler(Where you at bro)
Savjz
Lothar

Arena
ADWCTA and Merps Used to watch Ratsmah but his thirstyness for Deernadia got cringey and not liking the music.

Duster

My fun homegrown decks tend to get stuck around rank 15 too, maybe a bit higher on a good streak but they've never made it as far as rank 10. I've always need to go aggro to push higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom