• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this Amazon App issue is pretty funny, I went to rank 6 off of fighting mostly the same guys, to the point where I would greet twice in hopes they recognized the name. At one point I won twice against the same dude, queued up, and it was him again and he just conceded.

Woah man, hold the phone, that is the mayor you are talking about!

You're talking about the ex-mayor of value town. The new mayor of value town in Reynad ever since the value town show got moved to tempostorm
laugh.gif

Pooya

2 more golden rogues, where are these coming from... I literally have two bad match ups, rogue and control priest and get these every other game :(

My aggro druid opponent is roping since he discarded 9 cards for a total of 0 damage .
Doesn't roping defeat the point of using an aggro deck.

Don't expect much from people that play dumb decks like that. I just had one roping where it was obvious he's dead with 2x lethal on board and nothing he possibly could do. Bad players get salty.

Their whole idea of the game is that I innervate Fel Reaver and win, good luck climbing with that strategy.

ViviOggi

Druid as a whole has always been pure faceroll although Secret Paladin takes the cake as far as utterly braindead piloting goes

In fact the best chance this game has of getting fixed is someone developing a Secret Paladin bot Blizzard can't detect so even Brode gets tired of ladder and finally deletes these hopeless classes

jgminto

Playing against SMOrc with Priest is hilarious, they're just letting me get all the board control and card draw I could want while I nullify all their damage burst with heals.

IceMarker

Strangely, control/inspire Warrior has worked out for me so far. I really want to make inspire work on all classes. I'd do Priest next, but I need Confessor first.

Owzers

got all the way to 8 with some stars, highest so far in the game, now losing several straight to everything as a midrangey hunter. If only i had an owl for that secret paladin's tirion! This game always finds a way to annoy/crush desire to play while still goign back to it.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure Aggro Druids keep Fel Reaver in their opening hand just so they can innervate it out. It's like how Paladins always keep MC in their opening hand these days.

Sorry if this is an odd request, but I need to spectate someone winning a match for a daily quest, could someone help me out? ID is Cowpuncher#1842

I always come back to this game after playing a team based fps. I always get too frustrated at my teammates and then think... I need to play a game where it is impossible to lose because your teammates are clueless morons.

Pooya

If you want to learn more about the game StrifeCro or Kolento are the best. Sjow is fun too and still somewhat good for learning, if you wanted to learn patron him or Zalae were the place but that's history now.

Hotform... he's just way too nice, half the time is just spent thanking this and that. He has to tone that done a bit.

Reynad is cool when he's building decks. Kibler is great for fun decks too and he still explains his action very clearly, he just doesn't play meta decks and that's why you want to watch him unlike Kolento/StrifeCro, Those two play fun decks too here and there, usually start of the season.

I'm not sure why people even watch Forsen, he barely even talks anymore and whenever he does it's just dumb shit and oh his music is generally cancer.

Trump I don't know, his stream is making of of his youtube videos, he's a cool guy but not a very good player to me. He has made some great educational material for the game for sure but his stream is just whatever.

Dahbomb

I'm not sure why people even watch Forsen, he barely even talks anymore and whenever he does it's just dumb shit and oh his music is generally cancer.
Because "and this is to go beyond even further beyond" is one of the greatest lines in anime history and you can never hear enough of it (and Forsen knows this).

Cipherr

I cannot fathom how people can watch Trump's actual streams. The supremely well-cut edits on his YT channel are where it's at.

Trump is a work stream. You are busy so you cannot quite 'watch' watch it, but you enjoy the background sound and looking at a play here and there. I can legit take phone calls with his stream on my PC and not worry about it. Other streamers are way more entertaining but I don't want the random "FUCK THAT!" blurted out when I'm speaking with someone.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
People watch forsen because his stream is finely tuned to attract most of the twitch users, in other words his stream is cancer just most of twitch userbase. At least that's my theory about it, i certainly don't watch him occasionally for the good plays and good music and a relaxing chat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like reckful's stream for pure entertainment though his schedule is usually all over the place. Can get really cringeful when his gf is around though.

idk if i can watch reckful. forsen is alright but man i hate cancer twitch messages. Forgot I also like watching strifecro. But idk why he's doing the kripp fist thing now

i think im ready to quit hoarding dust long enough to craft a 2nd legendary... i cant decide between sylvannas and justicar

sylvanas

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Massan is my favorite streamer because it's entertaining. I learn a lot from other guys, though.

Massan
Trump
Reynad
Hotform
Kibler
Amaz (although I haven't watched him much in a long time due to when he streams, same time as massan usually)

These are the main streams I'll watch, in no particular order. I don't really watch for educational purposes and I really never did even when I was a noob. The whole thing people suggest where you try to make plays was never that good of an idea on how to play imho.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
12165709_985772768169279_1969304209_n.jpg

Such a glorious day to play paladin

Why run Acolyte of Pain when you can run Solemn Vigil instead? That's way more consistent draw than Acolyte.

Azure Drake also seems unnecessary. I don't think you really need that much card draw. You've already got three other draw cards. Sludge Belchers are probably better.

You don't really need to protect your board from spells as much with a control deck, so I don't see the point of running Loatheb. I'd run a quartermaster or another murloc knight instead.

I also think if you're going to run double equality that running Pyromancer fits the theme better than Knife Juggler.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only thing odd in that list is azure drake because it runs a total of 2 damage spells. Also only running a single 4 drop, which can mean a weak ramp into mid game.

Azure Drake without spells is perfectly fine. You're basically running it like a 5 mana Gnomish Inventor at that point.

Like I said, though. I do think it's excessive draw. If they're being included because you can't guarantee 2 cards off acolyte that's yet another sign that you should be running Solemn Vigil instead. I understood running Acolytes for draw for Paladin back when people were running Humility. But Solemn Vigil is just way more consistent for getting cards. Even back in its heyday with Humility the acolytes always felt weak to me, like they were just the "least bad" tool for the job that Paladin needed doing. Solemn Vigil way better.

Azure Drake without spells is perfectly fine. You're basically running it like a 5 mana Gnomish Inventor at that point.

Like I said, though. I do think it's excessive draw. If they're being included because you can't guarantee 2 cards off acolyte that's yet another sign that you should be running Solemn Vigil instead. I understood running Acolytes for draw for Paladin back when people were running Humility. But Solemn Vigil is just way more consistent for getting cards. Even back in its heyday with Humility the acolytes always felt weak to me, like they were just the "least bad" tool for the job that Paladin needed doing. Solemn Vigil way better.

Solemn vigil consistent? Don't make me laugh.

Dahbomb

Solemn vigil consistent? Don't make me laugh.
You always get two cards for one card with Solemn Vigil. Sometimes you end up paying a bit more but that's OK, other times you will end up paying a lot less. On average it's an Arcane Intellect or at least it's supposed to be. Works pretty well in Paladin as they have Tokens to run into minions to get the discount.

I am also a fan of Solemn Vigil, it hasn't really let me down. At the very least I prefer it over Acolyte.

You always get two cards for one card with Solemn Vigil. Sometimes you end up paying a bit more but that's OK, other times you will end up paying a lot less. On average it's an Arcane Intellect or at least it's supposed to be. Works pretty well in Paladin as they have Tokens to run into minions to get the discount.

I am also a fan of Solemn Vigil, it hasn't really let me down. At the very least I prefer it over Acolyte.

That does not make it a consistent card. The cost of the card is by definition inconsistent and most decks aren't going to let your stuff survive for you to even trade in to get a cheap 2 draw.

Sometimes it is really powerful. Sometimes it is a dead card in your hand for the majority of the game. That is definitely not consistent.

I'm at 26 health and still die to double combo.

Don't worry guys, Druid is fine.

But double combo is only 22, so you must have died to double combo + something already on board.

squidyj

playing control warrior, get hunter matchup, get some shitty starting hand and aggressively mulligan.

new starting hand is ysera, grom, alex.

why does this shit keep happening to me?

Dahbomb

I didn't say it was in general a consistent card, I said it was more consistent in getting you the amount of card draws you want over Acolyte. You will always get 2 cards from it.

Usually in Paladin Acolyte only draws only one card as Paladins lack the self damaging tool that something like Mage or Warrior does (where Acolyte is excellent). Sometimes it can draw 2 cards and sometimes it can draw 0 cards if it gets Silenced. IMO for Paladins it's worse than using Gnomish Inventor and Solemn Vigil.

Mulgrok

playing control warrior, get hunter matchup, get some shitty starting hand and aggressively mulligan.

new starting hand is ysera, grom, alex.

why does this shit keep happening to me?

That is how my 3rd losses in arena usually go. Draw the 3 highest cost cards in my deck, mulligan into the next 3 highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom