• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

22394-mysterious-challenger-golden.png

QMRRugL.png

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

Until next nerfs, Paladin ruins ladder.

When has ladder not been ruined? I wouldn't waste time worrying about it.

The best fix Blizzard can do is to change casual mode by implementing a challenge system. When you want to play, you will see a list of people queued up, their class and the total dust cost. You could then challenge appropriately.

It'll fix Hearthstone overnight. Want to avoid Hunter? You can do so. See a low cost aggro deck? No thanks. Alternatively want to try your deck out against Handlock? You'll have the opportunity.

People will experiment, new decks will be made, people who play cancer will be punished or forced to grind against each other in ranked.

I just played a game against a face hunter where the hunter managed to flare my entire christmas tree and I still absolutely wrecked him.

1: Coin into Minibot
2: Minibot
3: Ran into a explosive trap, didn't lose either bot, coghammer
4: Shredder
5: He ran an arcane golem, up to 6 mana, Dr 6
6: Dr 7
7: Dr 8

Geegee

zoukka

There was two OP decks. One required skill and countered the deck that didn't. Wasn't too hard to guess which one gets deleted by blizzard.

I don't get it. This deck has 5 cards of 5 cost or above... after mulligan I get 2 of them. And another in the next 2 draws. I got my first 1 drop on turn 5.

There was two OP decks. One required skill and countered the deck that didn't. Wasn't too hard to guess which one gets deleted by blizzard.

One existed and reigned supreme for 5-6 months, then wasn't fixed by adding new cards. Of course they had to change patron, regardless of the skill cap.

The other blizzard would never nerf a month in, because the meta is self correcting. Plus the main problem with it is its ease of use I think. Granted, it should probably be toned down... not sure why they made it a 6/6 at the very least.

zoukka

It's just not about MC. Divine Favour has way too good of a synergy with a deck that vomits 1 and 2-mana crap on to the table and then draws five with it. The deck isn't punished by bad starts at all.

Dahbomb

I honestly don't think Secret Paladin (aggressive variant) has a "bad match up" outside of Freeze Mage. And even that if you really want to beat you can just put in a Kezan Mystic and win it too.

People say it loses to the aggressive Mage decks but I don't see it at all. I have been doing well against Mages, it feels 50/50 really depends on who gets the better start and better RNG.

Outside of Flare I don't even think Hunter is favored in the match up either. I have been crushing all types of Hunters as well.

Secret Paladin definitely wins against Druid. The one time you may struggle is they play the Aggro Druid and they get out a very Fel Reaver which you don't have an answer for. Other than that if you are smart with the Secret usage and play Repentance well (actually keep this in opening hand for those Innervate plays) then you can shut out Druids as well.

Zoolock feels evenish. Feels like you definitely need that Consecrate and well timed Dr 6 to win.

Other classes are not relevant to make a comment on. I lost to one CW out of all the Warrior match ups and he had the perfect start yet still got within 5 HP of losing. Didn't lose to Priest/Rogue/Shaman yet using that deck. Some of the easiest matches using Secret Paladin was against Handlock though I had an Equality in my deck which is uncommon.

It's my opinion but Secret Paladin is the best deck in Hearthstone at the moment.

It's just not about MC. Divine Favour has way too good of a synergy with a deck that vomits 1 and 2-mana crap on to the table and then draws five with it. The deck isn't punished by bad starts at all.
Yeah the deck basically has a lot of ways to steal the early game. Secret Keeper is like an Undertaker type threat early on. When you start combining secrets with Muster for Battle/Knife Juggler/Minibot/Shredder things get really hard to control. It's hard to keep up with the pressure early on and then when the low cost minions and secrets are vomited Divine Favor is played and then Mysterious Challenger clinches the game.

That said the deck can be punished by bad draws pretty easily. Sometimes you get a bad combination of secrets with no Divine Favors or MC in sight. I guess that's true for many other deck well but when you draw bad with the Secret Paladin you draw REALLY bad. The top dick game is also pretty weak in the deck. 90% of my losses came from getting only secrets at the start and then not having MC on turn 6.

I honestly don't think Secret Paladin (aggressive variant) has a "bad match up" outside of Freeze Mage. And even that if you really want to beat you can just put in a Kezan Mystic and win it too.

People say it loses to the aggressive Mage decks but I don't see it at all. I have been doing well against Mages, it feels 50/50 really depends on who gets the better start and better RNG.

Outside of Flare I don't even think Hunter is favored in the match up either. I have been crushing all types of Hunters as well.

Secret Paladin definitely wins against Druid. The one time you may struggle is they play the Aggro Druid and they get out a very Fel Reaver which you don't have an answer for. Other than that if you are smart with the Secret usage and play Repentance well (actually keep this in opening hand for those Innervate plays) then you can shut out Druids as well.

Zoolock feels evenish. Feels like you definitely need that Consecrate and well timed Dr 6 to win.

Other classes not relevant to make a comment on. I lost to one CW out of all the Warrior match ups and he had the perfect start yet still got within 5 HP of losing.

I just had a match where I was short two damage off lethal the entire game and had to hold the warlock at high health just to make sure I didn't get shreked by handlock. I'd say the handlock match isn't bad, but it does require a large amount of burst that simply might not be available

zoukka

Tempo mage gets rekt by Paladin. Mirror entities and burn spells are awful against minibots, tokens and all the cheap crap they play.

What? Of course it is punished by bad starts. If they don't have control by their MC turn, I generally win.

Tempo mage gets rekt by Paladin. Mirror entities and burn spells are awful against minibots, tokens and all the cheap crap they play.

Paladin gets rekt by arcane missiles and flamewaker.

Divine Favour nullifies any bad starts.

Missiles is tech against paladin yes, but not enough at all.

DF is a good thinning device, but your opponent can fight for board while you draw cards. And you won't always draw divine favor (typically a 1 of) nor will you always score well with it. It is really exaggerating to say it nullifies bad starts.

As for missiles not being enough, well, first off it isn't a tech card if that is what you meant, but yeah it is enough. Especially with flamewaker. You get control of the board around turn 3-7 with it and they generally just lose after that. I know my deck had about a 70% win rate vs it, while going from rank 5->legend this season. And as for mirror entity, getting that up to just delay and buy you time before MC hits is actually quite good. And then afterwards when they plan on playing dr. boom or tirion. Even early on it slows them down quite a bit, so I don't mind getting mirror entity off scientist.

I don't think that justifies MC being as good as it is, but tempo mage is actually quite good against secret paladin.

I honestly don't think Secret Paladin (aggressive variant) has a "bad match up" outside of Freeze Mage.

Classic eboladin wrecks it. Your damage output is higher, DF does nothing, secrets do nothing against 1/1s or buffs minions you are just going to ignore anyway.

zoukka

It is definitely a tech card that started seeing play in tempo mage around the time secret paladin emerged. I don't remember anyone playing it before that. People are using arcane blast now with it to further combat paladin early game. Minibots with avenge and redemption are extremely resilient against burn.

And yes of course scientist into entity is strong (because scientist is op), but paladin is one of the most resilient decks against that. They have so many cheap minions to use to play around it.

Classic eboladin wrecks it. Your damage output is higher, DF does nothing, secrets do nothing against 1/1s or buffs minions you are just going to ignore anyway.

Nobody plays that deck doe.

Loomba

I just played a game against a face hunter where the hunter managed to flare my entire christmas tree and I still absolutely wrecked him.

1: Coin into Minibot
2: Minibot
3: Ran into a explosive trap, didn't lose either bot, coghammer
4: Shredder
5: He ran an arcane golem, up to 6 mana, Dr 6
6: Dr 7
7: Dr 8

Geegee

You literally can't lose

The_Poet

Banned
How is the update over 100mb on mobile?!

Is there anything other then the warsong nerf?

App store wont let you download anything over 100mb on 3G. Apple need to sort that shit out. 100mb is nothing these days

How is the update over 100mb on mobile?!

Is there anything other then the warsong nerf?

App store wont let you download anything over 100mb on 3G. Apple need to sort that shit out. 100mb is nothing these days

I think it is normal for when games update their files they need to redownload the entire file.

Also you can't get around that limit on the apple store? On android its a simple setting for wifi only and you can turn that off when you try to download something too large.

It is definitely a tech card that started seeing play in tempo mage around the time secret paladin emerged. I don't remember anyone playing it before that. People are using arcane blast now with it to further combat paladin early game. Minibots with avenge and redemption are extremely resilient against burn.

And yes of course scientist into entity is strong (because scientist is op), but paladin is one of the most resilient decks against that. They have so many cheap minions to use to play around it.

Nobody plays that deck doe.

Arcane missiles has been ran in tempo mage ever since BRM. If anything, arcane blast is the new tech card to emerge. I think you have that backwards.

I think the reason paladin is strong against mirror entity is not just cheap minions, but also because of muster and BOK. They might not even have to play another minion to win. But sure, mirror is not the reason why tempo mage can stomp secret paladin. But arcane missiles and flamewaker are extremely good. I think if you clear board with flamewaker, you probably just won, it is that strong.

ZeroX03

Banned
Warrior stomps Hunter regardless of Warsong or Patron, that matchup was never in their favor. The benefit to Hunter is just a lot of people jumping ship from Patron.

Xanathus

Really hope the upcoming brawl is the co-op one, last few ones have been so ResidentSleeper and Hearthstone as a whole is so boring right now.

The_Poet

Banned
Apparently if you attack fast enough... you can attack a Hunter's face twice while bear trap is up before it triggers?

I hear if you look under the truck near the S.S.Anne while giving Aeris 99 phoenix downs and collecting all 120 stars without getting hurt you can find the secret hearthstone client where shaman is OP

Nibiru

Banned
Tuskarr Jouster is a really disappointing card in my Mid Pally. Subbed it in for Healbots but the +2/2 doesn't seem worth it for the low frequency of activating. I think it only activated 2 or 3 times so far and one of those times was after my opponent had fatigued from their Fel Reaver. Gonna be so sad to cut those turtles though...

I'm done with Tuskarr Jouster. I gave it a solid try but it's just too unreliable.

zoukka

Arcane missiles has been ran in tempo mage ever since BRM. If anything, arcane blast is the new tech card to emerge. I think you have that backwards.

I think the reason paladin is strong against mirror entity is not just cheap minions, but also because of muster and BOK. They might not even have to play another minion to win. But sure, mirror is not the reason why tempo mage can stomp secret paladin. But arcane missiles and flamewaker are extremely good. I think if you clear board with flamewaker, you probably just won, it is that strong.

Can't even remember when I cleared a paladin board the last time :b Five random pings sure aren't enough with redemption and avenge existing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Roll priest

Bring Wyrmrest Agent + Deathlord + Twilight Guardian

Have all of these Meek Doges conceded cause they all got agrro decks.

IceMarker

I'd like to see a Tavern Brawl where all minions get the Icehowl effect "Charge; Can't attack Heroes." It would force some weird minion gameplay I'm sure.

Pooya

Apparently if you attack fast enough... you can attack a Hunter's face twice while bear trap is up before it triggers?

I doubt that works...

Similar thing I heard that if you overdraw but play cards fast before card draw animation is over you won't burn cards. I don't think I've ever tried it, while playing patron this could be useful if it works.

Lyng

Joust will stop aggro they said

I dont think they want to stop aggro. Its the easiest playstyle and fits the casual nature of Hearthstone. If you look at what decks get nerfed, the ranking system set up, rewards structure. Everything is tailored towards fast decks.

If you want a card game where its all about combo's and trading there are far better ones out there. Netrunner, Ashes and the Star Wars LCG come to mind.

Tacitus_

Now that patron is dead, can we start yelling about nerfing druids

Not featured: the t4 Ancient of War and consecutive Lores. And even with my godly draws, I skipped death for 5 turns at the end as he tried to draw his 2nd Savage Roar.

Xanathus

I'd like to see a Tavern Brawl where all minions get the Icehowl effect "Charge; Can't attack Heroes." It would force some weird minion gameplay I'm sure.

Freeze Mage/Malygos Warlock Tavern Brawl. Don't even need Frost Nova, just Polymorph for stuff like Ragnaros.

Lyng

Now that patron is dead, can we start yelling about nerfing druids

Not featured: the t4 Ancient of War and consecutive Lores. And even with my godly draws, I skipped death for 5 turns at the end as he tried to draw his 2nd Savage Roar.

Well tbh Paladin needs a nerf before druid does.

Nerfing is not the way forward though, it just limits the game.

Pooya

I was watching Kibler yesterday, he had board and everything, he was ahead on health too, suddenly MC comes done and now he was losing, cause there is 10 attack minion on board out of thin air even after you deal with everything else that destroys your board. The thing is clearly broken.

edit: and oh he play boom right after.

Nerfing isn't necessary IF you introduce cards to counterbalance what needs to be nerfed. Blizzard has been horrible at this though, so nerfing has become necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom