• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good card I think. Bluegill is actually a pretty decent card. Having the choice to give it more hp vs rogue/mage/druid and a delayed "charge" like stealth is very nice imo. Druid are getting some good stuff imho. If that were a rogue card, I'd use that quite a bit.

Generallly going to be a 3/2 with stealth on curve... which is awesome btw. It is like a wrath spell you can play ahead of time to not waste mana, something druid often does on 2 mana. Or if they drop a knifejuggler or something like that, it works just like a 2 damage removal... pretty awesome.

giapel

but the main issue was the Spare Part mechanic about to be introduced. You can't deny that at 5 mana the card would have had massive bullshit potential in any mech deck.

Spare parts shouldn't count as spells. Neither should the coin really. Only benefits mage

Spare parts shouldn't count as spells. Neither should the coin really. Only benefits mage

I agree. They should've made a new classification. Just put an "Item" tag instead of "Spell" on the spare parts and make the Coin an Item as well. It doesn't make sense that using a mechanical part that fell off a robot is a "Spell."

Opiate

Other than Druid of the fang, what other cards do druids have which benefit from beastness? I know they have other beasts, but is there anything else which benefits specifically from synergy?

Xanathus

Other than Druid of the fang, what other cards do druids have which benefit from beastness? I know they have other beasts, but is there anything else which benefits specifically from synergy?

Not as yet, maybe they'll introduce 1 Beast synergy card with this expansion.

I agree. They should've made a new classification. Just put an "Item" tag instead of "Spell" on the spare parts and make the Coin an Item as well. It doesn't make sense that using a mechanical part that fell off a robot is a "Spell."

This is a card game where sinister strike, a clearly physical attack, is actually a spell. Don't get too hung up technicalities, learn the internal logic, and go with it. Spare parts are clearly meant to act as spells, even though you might not consider them to be spells on one level.

Good question.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
That druid card is really powerful and fills a strong role in combo druid. It gives you another 2 mana removal against aggro decks to kill things like knife jugglers before they rack up too much damage and against midrange/control decks you just drop it in stealth as another 5 damage component of your combo. I think it will really up the consistency of combo druid.

The combo druid decks currently still have a lot of awkward turns where they have to just hero power and this will help fill that gap.

Haunted

1365231344665.jpg

Pooya

how many 2 drops druid needs? the other one makes way more sense and it is anti aggro too, this one is really just poor man's shade. I don't see it getting play. Sure, it can be a removal, but what to replace with this really?

georly

how many 2 drops druid needs? the other one makes way more sense and it is anti aggro too, this one is really just poor man's shade. I don't see it getting play. Sure, it can be a removal, but what to replace with this really?

I mean, if beast druid becomes a thing (I'm assuming the legendary has beast synergy), then this would fit in and replace other 2 drops.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
New Druid card is pretty good for arena. I think a 3/2 stealth is better than Gilblin Stalker in the early game. As for Constructed it doesn't really fit into a ramp or midrange deck. But you might put it into Token Druid.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
how many 2 drops druid needs? the other one makes way more sense and it is anti aggro too, this one is really just poor man's shade. I don't see it getting play.
Early game it is anti-aggro. But late game sabre can be played down the turn before combo for extra damage or you have a new combo of druid of the claw + sabre + savage roar for 12 damage.

Or you can play it to bait out AoE to then play your shade. Its a really versatile tool.

edit: realize you meant the ramp one. oops. I think its an either or depending on the meta. In a slow meta you'll want the ramp 2 drop. In a fast meta you'll want this guy.

Haunted

Suddenly decided I wanted to make a Murloc Shaman.

Realised halfway through I don't have Neptulon.

feels bad man

Suddenly decided I wanted to make a Murloc Shaman.

Realised halfway through I don't have Neptulon.

feels bad man

Wish Blizzard would allow us to send dust. I would send it to ya. :(

Oh and that Druid 2 drop is nice and I think will find a place in arena and constructed.

I must have opened like 8 freezing traps last week, it's ridiculous. My last pack had two Druid of the claw, what are the chances. All of my packs are dust so I'm not wasting any more gold on them, I'm done with classic packs, I never open any thing good, I just need a couple of epics and like two rares and can't bring myself to craft those. Precious dust only goes to legendary...still don't have Ysera and Cairne from classic set :\

It is ridiculous. I had to actually craft both Freezing Traps since it was the only card I was missing for mid range hunter. Yet I've gotten 3 of the same common in a single pack. Blizzard really need to fix their shit. Having a duplicate on a 5 card pack is bad enough, but 2? Insanity.

Raxus

Wish Blizzard would allow us to send dust. I would send it to ya. :(

Oh and that Druid 2 drop is nice and I think will find a place in arena and constructed.

There are a lot of implications for it I think and it is a drop druids sorely needed for some time. Slows down aggro and if unpunished it can really spin out of control.

New Druid card nice. Lots of versatility in that it can be either removal or a combo piece. I can see it being used quite a bit.

Also, two 2 drops for Druid already. Wonder if we might start seeing Druid decks that don't run Innervate and Wild Growth.

Eh, I'm sure Innervate will always be around. Wild Growth is looking a bit replaceable though.

Parshias7

New Druid card nice. Lots of versatility in that it can be either removal or a combo piece. I can see it being used quite a bit.

Also, two 2 drops for Druid already. Wonder if we might start seeing Druid decks that don't run Innervate and Wild Growth.

Eh, I'm sure Innervate will always be around. Wild Growth is looking a bit replaceable though.

Druid might start running 2 Innervate + 2 Wild Growth + 2 Darnassus. Try to get away from those awkward games where you don't draw your ramp and just sit around hero powering until turn 5.

ViviOggi

No way, Wild Growth is broken af. The 2-drop is good but too inconsistent to replace it. The only reason you'd cut it is the meta simply getting too fast and, judging by the past months of the most cancerous meta in history, at that point Druid just falls apart entirely.

It's alright Haunted, it's the thought that counts! Was just curious how it worked out in an aggressive deck. Good luck with the puddle stomping!

Also, I keep forgetting to mention, the Hearthhead website now tells you what cards say when played. So now you can read it while you listen to it. This is great because I always thought Pit Lords said, "From the vast Nether!" but they actually say, "To the slaughter!" Cool stuff.

However, they need to spell out the nonsensical stuff too for hilarity's sake.

Parshias7

I saw on reddit that the for-fun Pokemon Trainer class was completed, with all 721 Pokemon turned into Hearthstone cards: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/fan-creations/47725-pokemon-class-completed

I'm still working through the list myself, and some of these cards are clearly absurd, (Kakuna is OP, RIP in peace Face Hunter) but there are a couple of cool made up effects I'd like to see on actual Hearthstone cards some day. Like Miltank can cure Silence, and Quagsire resets your opponent's minions stat changes. Also a bunch of cards with cool conditional stat bonuses, like dealing double damage to minions, or having a ton of health but taking double damage from removal spells.

Santiako

I saw on reddit that the for-fun Pokemon Trainer class was completed, with all 721 Pokemon turned into Hearthstone cards: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/fan-creations/47725-pokemon-class-completed

I'm still working through the list myself, and some of these cards are clearly absurd, (Kakuna is OP, RIP in peace Face Hunter) but there are a couple of cool made up effects I'd like to see on actual Hearthstone cards some day. Like Miltank can cure Silence, and Quagsire resets your opponent's minions stat changes. Also a bunch of cards with cool conditional stat bonuses, like dealing double damage to minions, or having a ton of health but taking double damage from removal spells.

Damn. That must have taken months to do.

bjaelke

Follow up with Fireguard Destroyer or Fire Elemental might be a possibility, but then you're putting yourself at a disadvantage by playing Shaman.

georly

I feel like every single card this set is *OFF* somewhere by one.

Like, either it's one stat short from being good, or one mana too expensive. A single +1 or -1 somewhere on the card would make most (or just some) of these cards go from unplayable to playable.

If crowd favorite were +2/+2 it'd actually get used somewhere. or even +2/+1

Parshias7

Like, either it's one stat short from being good, or one mana too expensive. A single +1 or -1 somewhere on the card would make most (or just some) of these cards go from unplayable to playable.

I'm sure these cards were made by the guy who thought giving Demonfuse +1/+1 over Demonfire was worth giving your opponent a mana crystal.

ViviOggi

It's hard to not lose at least a little bit of faith in the expansion after seeing Demonfuse

This new piece of trash isn't helping either

mxgt

Banned
I really, really fucking hope the rest of the set delivers.

Barely any of the cards shown so far do anything to change the stale as fuck current meta.

JesseZao

I realize it can't be a 4/5 because of yeti. It's an unused DID with an upside. I wonder how much discussion was given to it starting at 3/5. I may be looking at the card too negatively. Some sort of midrange zoo could use this.

Follow up with Fireguard Destroyer or Fire Elemental might be a possibility, but then you're putting yourself at a disadvantage by playing Shaman.

There are some really good 5 mana battlecries like Loatheb and Azure Drake. That probably doesn't make this card playable, but still.

Pooya

Like every good epic is from classic set plus echo of medivh. The rest are unplayable or trash or both!

They stopped printing good epics. I guess Garrison Commander isn't trash but hero power decks are not exactly exciting so far.

edit: I guess Light bomb is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom