• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 700 per wing of each adventure. I believe there are 5 wings for each adventure, so it's a total of 7000 gold. Or you buy the whole adventure for $25 each. The cards from the adventures are good, especially Naxxramas, so if you're willing to spend some money, buy that adventure first.

700 gold gets you a single wing of an adventure. There are 5 wings per adventure, so 3,500 gold to buy one whole adventure, 7,000 for both. That's a whole lot of gold, and you'll be stuck with the exact same collection the whole time that you're saving up to get the adventures. Also, the conversion from real money to gold is way more favorable when you spend real money on the adventures than if you spend it on packs. You're probably best off buying classic packs for a while, and if you still like the game, either start saving for the adventures then or pay for them with cash. Of the two adventures, Naxx is easily the better value based on the quality of cards that you get.

Thanks guys.

Didn't know it was 7000 total......
Fucking biblethump

Guess I'm gonna buy some card packs.

If you spend any money on the game, buy the adventures. They are way more expensive in gold compared to real money relative to the ratio for packs.

If you're just starting out getting them with gold, I'd advice you to aim for this order for the adventures:

1st Naxx-wing (Haunted Creeper and Nerubian Egg)
2nd Naxx-wing (Sludge Belcher, Loatheb, Duplicate, Webspinner)
1st BRM-wing (Emperor Thaurissian, Quick Shot)

Then the second BRM-wing has a really strong Warlock-card in Imp Gang Boss, but the really, really important stuff is in Naxx 4th wing with Mad Scientist, Zombie Chow, Death's Bite, and Dark Cultist.

If you're choosing between the two adventures overall, Naxx is way better.
Oh alright, this helps knowing a small breakdown of the cards I'll get from each adventure. Might have to backpedal on what I said.....I dunno.
Will definitely consider this though, thanks.

ViviOggi

Jasey Cones

5 mana
5/4

Silence and destroy all shredders on the board.

Quote: "Oops."
Opponent coins Shredder, ignores your 4-drop and goes face, plays turn 4 Shredder, you play this

"Huh, my thanks"

"Well fought, I concede"

If you're not seeing Rexxar's stupid face before your eyes right now what is wrong with you?

Pooya

My pack from arena yesterday had one Force Tank MAX. Today, I got TWO FTM in one pack!..... Tomorrow, I'm prepared for three FTM in the pack, I can't possibly be disappointed.

I hear Magic Origins reward system is way more fair and you can get everything reasonably fast with spending some. Seeing duplicate after duplicate really pushes me away from the game rather than wanting to invest even more time into it.

Really, with that TGT preorder, you're not getting much at all.

My pack from arena yesterday had one Force Tank MAX. Today, I got TWO FTM in one pack!..... Tomorrow, I'm prepared for three FTM in the pack, I can't possibly be disappointed.

I hear Magic Origins reward system is way more fair and you can get everything reasonably fast with spending some. Seeing duplicate after duplicate really pushes me away from the game rather than wanting to invest even more time into it.

Really, with that TGT preorder, you're not getting much at all.

I bought 50 packs when GvG came out and got 15 Cobra Shots

They should have had like a 30 dollar prepurchase. I might have bitten at that preorder pricing. Well, maybe I'll do it anyway, but probably not since I skipped pre-ordering BRM and ended up earning each wing over time. I didn't spend any money on gvg packs so it has been since closed beta since I actually spent money, which I think is great.

Fireblend

Banned
I reached rank 15 a couple of hours ago and now I'm scared of playing ranked, thinking I'm gonna be wrecked in my next game, haha. Leeroy Jenkins can only carry me so far, even if I've won my last ~5 or so matches.

Just got my first ever 12-win Arena run with the Priest class, one of my worst (making it my 4th class to reach 12 with after Rogue, Mage, and Paladin). Got 490 gold and a pack; pretty happy.

As for the deck, I deliberately drafted heavily for the early game since I've had so many bad experiences in the past with Priest where I couldn't get on the board. I got a host of good 2-drops, a PW:S, a Zombie Chow, an Argent Squire, and a Cogmaster (with several mechs, including Harvest Golem and Piloted Shredder). And 3 Velen's Chosens to take that early game presence and run with it. I also had Chromaggus, who helped me win the games that were close and long, along with a Boulderfist Ogre, a Spectral Knight, and a Temple Enforcer. For removals I had 2 SW:ps, 2 Holy Smites (both of which I kept 100% of the time during mulligans), 1 SW:D and 1 Holy Nova, and Wild Pyro. The deck wasn't quite perfect - I had some average 3-drops and a dearth of mid game drops beyond the Shredder and the Knight, so I often fell behind on cards while leading on the board.

The two losses came to an aggro Warlock where I drew horribly and lost to a Mountain Giant and a Sea Giant right as I was taking back the board (couple of small misplays may have cost me this game), and a Hunter where I d/cd (this was game 4 of the run, and I would've almost certainly won if I didn't dc). Oddly I only faced two Mages during the run, on games 8 and 9 (mostly Paladins, two Hunters and a Warlock).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shredder might be the best neutral 4-drop in the game, but something has to be. The card doesn't neatly slide into every single deck so I don't think it's really a huge problem. Compared to Mad Scientist and Dr. Boom it's fair.

12 win a Warlock. Kinda surprised actually. I didn't like the deck at all when I drafted it. I don't think there's anything special about it at all.

2M4CyAk.jpg

snipedn40

Neo Member
Shredder might be the best neutral 4-drop in the game, but something has to be. The card doesn't neatly slide into every single deck so I don't think it's really a huge problem. Compared to Mad Scientist and Dr. Boom it's fair.

True, it's probably not as bad as Dr. Boom or Mad Scientist, but it's just a step below in my opinion.

I can't even see how another 4-drop surpasses Shredder in its current state. They need to either make it have 3 attack, or give better tools to players for dealing with deathrattle minions. Right now it just trades way too favorably with so many things.

Tubie

Turn 1: Mana Wyrm
Turn 2: Unstable Portal
Turn 3: Drakonid Crusher

Made me smile. This 5 mage win quest is gonna be fun.

Fuzzery

I kind of wonder how powerful a russian stacking doll style minion would actually be if it were predictable.

5/5 that deathrattles into a 4/4 that deathrattles into a 3/3 that deathrattles into a 2/2 that deathrattles into a 1/1.

How much mana would you be willing to pay for this card? Sure the stats are insane but silence destroys most of its value.

You would also do a 'splitting' minion.

8/8 deathrattle summons two 4/4s each of which deathrattle into 2 2/2s each of which deathrattle into 2 1/1s
11 mana

Fuzzery

Turn 1: Mana Wyrm
Turn 2: Unstable Portal
Turn 3: Drakonid Crusher

Made me smile. This 5 mage win quest is gonna be fun.

I pulled this bullshit in arena the other day, except it was a trade prince gallywix. The opponent instantly ffed lol

Pooya

Started a new arena run, finally I could pick mage yay... all the cards were terrible :\ still managed to get two flamestrikes, so it wasn't too bad but everything else is like average at best.

First game, druid plays Mogor the Ogre, really?!! it totally messes up the game. Then later he plays Harrison Jones, sure it didn't do anything against me, but two legendary that I didn't have. I didn't even get a single epic.

I still won with mirror entity finally but I'm afraid to play more now, looks like it's legendary day except for me.

Heropon

First time I play ladder since the start of the month because I kept getting 40G quests and I see that everything is aggro decks. Good thing I got Paladin and Priest for the daily!

Anyone suggests me some good cheap decks to defend against that plague or I just wait for the Tavern Brawl?

Tamanon

Banned
A Mage I played in arena went that 1/2 divine taunt mech, then unstable portaled an Iron Sensei out next turn. I was whooped since I couldn't kill that taunter.

Heropon

A Mage I played in arena went that 1/2 divine taunt mech, then unstable portaled an Iron Sensei out next turn. I was whooped since I couldn't kill that taunter.

Annoy-o-Tron? The name is really appropiate in this case... and always.

Reading all these arena stories doesn't make me want to continue my current run. It's going to sit at 2-0 forever at this rate.

manhack

Annoy-o-Tron? The name is really appropiate in this case... and always.

Reading all these arena stories doesn't make me want to continue my current run. It's going to sit at 2-0 forever at this rate.

I wouldn't stress about it too much. 2-0 is already decent enough and there are always more arena runs.

Pooya

At worst I get 5-6 wins at arena, it's not too bad overall, but when it's bad it's soul crushingly bad.

With 5/6 wins you still more than break even on your entry fee, it's ok.

Heropon

Well, the other reason I don't finish my current run is so I can't impulse purchase another one. I need to keep saving gold for tgt, hope the rest of the commons are good enough for it to be worth it.

manhack

Well, the other reason I don't finish my current run is so I can't impulse purchase another one. I need to keep saving gold for tgt, hope the rest of the commons are good enough for it to be worth it.

Yeah I'm trying not to play any as well. I think it is possible they release the cards early to arena like they did with GvG. If so that is a good way to get people to waste all their gold on arena before the expansion comes out.

Don't be fooled ^.^

manhack

Interesting. I am fooling around with a tempo warrior deck where that might be pretty decent. Warrior really hasn't had any good frostbolt type effect to kill stuff behind taunts.

Not sure what you would replace in control/patron warrior though.

Pooya

It has synergy with shield slam, maybe control warrior finds use for it. Seems ok, but might be hard to find a room for it.

Xanathus

It's unplayable in Control Warrior, at best it just gets a 1-1 trade with another card. Control Warrior needs way more value from a card to put it in the deck.

Pooya

Maybe you could fit it in a deck than runs Revenge too, armor up and lose health. Molten Giant Warrior! lol

It seems good for face warrior though, they will use it, all two of them.

johnsmith

remember me
It's unplayable in Control Warrior, at best it just gets a 1-1 trade with another card. Control Warrior needs way more value from a card to put it in the deck.

Are you kidding? This is great in control warrior. The only question is what you would cut for it, but it's definitely useable. Being able to take out a 3 health creature without needing to hit it with your face is awesome. Vs the so many common 4/3s this is essentially gaining you 7 health vs using a weapon. Definitely a playable card. If going 1 for 1 wasn't good enough they wouldn't run execute or shield slam. Come on son.

Yep, The biggest upside is it takes up 2 (shield slam and shield bash) cards for one the problem is losing shield slam for big minions and it is 3 mana making it a very awkward play more often than not.
3 mana is fine. Hero power shield slam is super common vs aggro, this is even better than that.

Raxus

Yep, The biggest upside is it takes up 2 (shield slam and shield bash) cards for one the problem is losing shield slam for big minions and it is 3 mana making it a very awkward play more often than not.

Are you kidding? This is great in control warrior. The only question is what you would cut for it, but it's definitely useable. Being able to take out a 3 health creature without needing to hit it with your face is awesome. Vs the so many common 4/3s this is essentially gaining you 7 health vs using a weapon. Definitely a playable card. If going 1 for 1 wasn't good enough they wouldn't run execute or shield slam. Come on son.

All true, but what are you dropping for it? It is good, but it needs to be better than what is actually in the deck.

No way are you taking out shield block, the card is way more important. No way you drop war axe... So???

It isn't a control warrior card. Maybe some mid rangey warrior which means it still has potential... Somewhere.

johnsmith

remember me
All true, but what are you dropping for it? It is good, but it needs to be better than what is actually in the deck.

No way are you taking out shield block, the card is way more important. No way you drop war axe... So???

We'll decide that once everything is out. Control warrior is definitely going to stay a meta deck, and there's likely to be more hard decisions to come once we see all the new cards.

Xanathus

3 mana is fine. Hero power shield slam is super common vs aggro, this is even better than that.

It goes 1-1 for a creature with 3 health or less, it isn't 1-1 for even a Shredder. Execute or Shield Slam works on minions with up to 10 mana value. You're completely ridiculous if you think this is even any good in control warrior. You already have weapons to handle low mana minions.

johnsmith

remember me
It goes 1-1 for a creature with 3 health or less, it isn't 1-1 for even a Shredder. Execute or Shield Slam works on minions with up to 10 mana value. You're completely ridiculous if you think this is even any good in control warrior. You already have weapons to handle low mana minions.

By that logic nobody would run shadow bomb, wrath, frost bolt, or quickshot. Every class that has a 3 damage spell runs it because they're good. Yes, this one is 1 mana more expensive, but warrior is a slow deck, and can afford be 1 mana slower in exchange for the 3 armor. Nothing warrior runs lets you 1 for 1 a shredder anyway, but this at least lets you take it out in 1 turn easier.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Since last page talked about piloted shredder i thought i would share an interesting article on reddit on how to nerf that card without making it unplayable. I think the most reasonable idea is to make it a 4/2, that way it will most likely trade only once.
Anyway that new warrior card seems okay but i don't see any control warrior running it, hopefully it combos well with the unreleased cards, who knows maybe we will get some type of warrior tempo with the new cards that fights for board a lot more, that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom