• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Additional ranked rewards are good to see, cards are interesting and quite a few of them have potential, Skellington Knight is garbage

ViviOggi

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that fucking Shaman card, how in the world do you justify 1 more mana over Arcane Intellect, which is one of the worse draw cards to begin with, while completely wrecking your following turn?

Pooya

It's arcane intellect for 4 mana and AI isn't exactly a good card draw when you take away spell synergy.

This could be a good card draw in late game when your hand is almost empty. Let's say if there is a totem aggro shaman deck that unloads their hands, it could be good for it.

It will see play for sure, inefficient card draw is better than no card draw.

Malice215

I'm liking these cards and the addition of ranked rewards. I usually stop playing around rank 10 also.

I'm also ready for the burgle meta. That card art is awesome.

Lol at the card draw for Shaman. Don't know how they justified making it much worse than arcane intellect.

Pooya

I feel Mukla Champion is better than Stormwind Champion. They cost the same when you include hero power. Let's say if you have played Justicar before, Mukla is clearly better here. Even without that, you could remove a minion with your hero power and play this. For once an inspire card seems faster than existing card! worse stats isn't a big deal, the effect is permanent here.

Of course this can be played earlier too, I like it better, could see play unlike stormwind.

Szadek

Mukla's Champion: The effect is good,but the stats are just too weak.
Ancestral knowledge: Oh c'mon blizzard. I don't mind overload as a mechanic,but they always make overload cards way too expensive.
The sad thing shaman probably have no choice but to play this card,even though it's bad.
Bolster: Doesn't fit into any warrior decks we have right now, and I still don't think that we will a new taunt warrior deck.
Burgle: It fits the class,but I don't think it's all that useful. It's worse than thoughtsteal , because you can draw unplayable trash and rogues already have enough draw.
Injured Kvaldir: looks like a fine priest card,but it probably will not replay chow.
I wish priests had a 2 drop like this card,because they really need a great 2 drop.
Gormok I'm not sure about this one. Obviously if you can get the effect he is awesome,but even zoo and aggro paladin you will not always enough cards on the board.

Pooya

Burgle is card that makes you happy that most of your class cards are trash! Good for Shaman, bad for mage.

Burgle has a good chance of giving a legendary.

Ashodin

It's painful reading this thread because most of you are judging the cards in a vacuum or based on current meta. There's potential for a lot of stuff here.

Minsc

Gold Member
'something' being a new card to rival Unbound Elemental.

Maybe a 4 mana 3/5 minion with the ability whenever you play a card with overload, lock your opponent's mana crystals instead of your own.

Edit: Then people will see how god awful overload really is. Again, making a 3 mana card (that often is cast for 2 mana - while giving a minion +1/+0 and doing 2-4 damage to enemy characters, and with no overload), a 4 mana card for Shaman, they really got the worst class effect in the game, bar none.

Maybe we'll see a sort of handlock type-shaman? You can get two free warlock powers if you draw it so a turn 4 giant? Of course the other half of the time you don't draw it you better have a good plan B. Just need to hope they don't open with some incredible aggro start, or you're throwing away the game.

Atram

Maybe a 4 mana 3/5 minion with the ability whenever you play a card with overload, lock your opponent's mana crystals instead of your own.

Edit: Then people will see how god awful overload really is. Again, making a 3 mana card (that often is cast for 2 mana - while giving a minion +1/+0 and doing 2-4 damage to enemy characters, and with no overload), a 4 mana card for Shaman, they really got the worse class effect in the game, bar none.

a spell for 1 or 0 Mana would be nice:

"deals dmg equal to every Overload played this Game"

Blizz realy needs to do something about Overload.

Maximo

Better incentives for ladder thank fucking god, still think it needs more tweaks but this is a good start same with Tavern Brawl.

Noaloha

Would it be all that overpowered if Shaman's Hero Power allowed the player to actually select which Totem to spawn, perhaps putting cooldowns on each individual Totem? The RNG aspect of Shaman's ability is super repellent to me.

Rapstah

3 mana, draw a card for each of your Overloaded mana crystals.

I mean, they're obiously not making that card if they made Ancestral Knowledge, but that'd be a fun way to give Shamans Overload synergy and card draw at the same time.

Pooya

tank warrior could work. It's pretty much a far more extreme version of a control warrior. Justicar, shield maidens, armor smith all in. Then add in the new spell, belchers, dread corsair and every viable weapon, maybe even gorehowl. Alexstrasza for finisher. I like to see warrior's new leg now.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I like that they're adding more rewards for playing ranked, but still, i said it before with arena rewards. In what world is 20 dust a fucking reward?

Oh you did well, so here's not even enough to craft a common.

Minsc

Gold Member
I like that they're adding more rewards for playing ranked, but still, i said it before with arena rewards. In what world is 20 dust a fucking reward?

Oh you did well, so here's not even enough to craft a common.

The rank 5 bonus is decent, ~500 dust. That's not bad!

I feel like people say everyone can get to rank 5 rather easily simply because of the win streak bonus you get, and it's rank 5-legendary where the actual challenge starts.

Wonder if making legend will award like 2000+ dust for the month (a golden legendary + epic/rares) if rank 15 is 20 dust and rank 5 is ~500 dust...

Copenap

Oh boy, let the tryharding begin. Ladder rewards are welcome but will ultimately result in more Face Hunter and Zoolock.

Santiako

Since they seem to be pushing Beast Druid, Taunt Warrior and Totem Shaman, I'm very interested in seeing if their legendaries have something to do with that.

Skux

m3gszm2.jpg

English version
mWq6WuR.png

Card is amazing if you're going against aggro and way better than Shield Block in that instance. Shield Block is better in control.

Lmfao at Ancestral Knowledge card. They can't even get draw power without getting crippled. That thing should of been one mana overload to match it up with arcane intellect or cost one mana in general.

Dat Paladin legendary against Handlock.. mmm. Enjoy your Giants.

CoolOff

Man, some really pessimistic people in this thread. This last day has revealed some really interesting stuff imo.

Ranked rewards. YEEEEEEEES.

Card draw for Shaman? Sure, it isn't AI, but I don't think it's terribly costed. Bring back the Unbound Elemental-meta.

Joust-mechanic is AMAZING from a meta perspective. "I don't want more RNG in my control v control-matchups". Well, then don't play it if you face a lot of control. If you run a pretty heavy deck and 80% that you face are Hunter, Eboladin, Tempo Mage, Zoo, etc. some of these cards are insane.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
None of the joust cards really stand out to me.

skeleton knight - I'm not really interesting in paying 12 mana for 8 health worth of creature
armored warhorse - super unreliable. If you miss the joust you just played a terrible card
tuskar - seems fine. Perhaps this and Eadric will see a new style of control paladin?
master jouster - why not just play a sunwalker?
gadjetzan - slow decks would rather just play zombie chow for the guaranteed stats

Eadric the Pure I think is my favorite card of the batch. If you have some amount of board control which you can often achieve with paladin, this lets you play a big minion and kill all of your opponent's stuff and really break open an evenly matched game.

Rapstah

Watch the Hunter legendary be a cheap Charge minion with "Whenever this minion is Revealed from your deck, deal 5 damage to the enemy Hero."

Card is amazing if you're going against aggro and way better than Shield Block in that instance. Shield Block is better in control.

What are you going to use it on, a wolf rider? Wow you just killed a minion that was going to die anyway, here come two more.

As a control warrior, you are already killing all the shitty minions with your weapons. Extra armour to put you out of range and cards to give you options is why aggro is already not a problem.

Plus you can see whats in your opponents deck

OMG this handlock player has a molten giant!!!! Or in other words, when was the last time you got surprised by a card?

CoolOff

OMG this handlock player has a molten giant!!!! Or in other words, when was the last time you got surprised by a card?

"Oh, he has MCT."
"Oh, his Kezan is still in his deck"
"Oh, his Grommash is still in his deck"
"Oh, his Black Knight is still in his deck"

It's not always gonna be useful, but acting like it's completely irrelevant information is just rank 15-talk.

jgminto

The only time seeing cards from your opponent's deck would actually be of any use would be on Turn 1 to potentially see what type of deck they're playing and even then it wouldn't make a big difference.

"Oh, he has MCT."
"Oh, his Kezan is still in his deck"
"Oh, his Grommash is still in his deck"
"Oh, his Black Knight is still in his deck"

It's not always gonna be useful, but acting like it's completely irrelevant information is just rank 15-talk.

Then they topdeck that card next turn.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The rank 5 bonus is decent, ~500 dust. That's not bad!

I feel like people say everyone can get to rank 5 rather easily simply because of the win streak bonus you get, and it's rank 5-legendary where the actual challenge starts.

Wonder if making legend will award like 2000+ dust for the month (a golden legendary + epic/rares) if rank 15 is 20 dust and rank 5 is ~500 dust...

That's true enough, but I still think if all you're gonna give is 20 dust then it's barely worth giving anything.

Also if they're calling this new mechanic joust, I'd prefer the card just says
Joust: Deal 3 damage
to the enemy hero.
Or something.

Interesting new mechanic. I don't think I ever saw anyone suggest that kind of reveal-for-buff mechanic before.

Maybe I'm missing something but The Skeleton Knight seems like total garbage.Ahh it's a deathrattle, I thought it was battlecry. Still not very impressive.

ViviOggi

Skellington Knight is so hilariously bad

Why would I ever want a 6 mana Salty Dog back in my hand?

Turn 6 & 7 Shittington Knight YASSSSSS THE VALUE *dies to Shredder*

nynt9

I feel like for Joust to work the cards should be good without winning, awesome with winning. As it is right now they're decent without winning and good with. If they're really dedicated to slowing down the game they can do more.

jgminto

Skellington Knight is so hilariously bad

Why would I ever want a 6 mana Salty Dog back in my hand?

Turn 6 & 7 Shittington Knight YASSSSSS THE VALUE *dies to Shredder*
But it is a rad skeleton so it has that going for it and it will pave the way for the introduction of the Skeleton race.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ancestral Knowledge has no business overloading for 2. A card draw mechanic isn't even the kind of card you should be putting overload on. People generally use card draw when they're fishing for answers so borrowing tempo is much, much less important. I would much rather run Mana Tide Totem over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom