• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

I wouldn't expect amazing scale there. Look to arena, 12 wins award is not exactly too much better than a 10 win. And it takes quite a bit to get there.

Yeah, and the ranked reward isn't even actually that good compared to arena. I was considering playing more ranked this month because of this but looking at the reward closely it's not really worth the time compared to say just playing arena with infinite gold. I guess the best way to determine how good the rewards is to see if Kripp is going to bother even reaching rank 5 this season Kappa.

gutshot

That new Shaman card draw card is so horribly costed compared to Arcane Intellect. I have to imagine it was adjusted that way after some playtesting. Or there is some other card with Overload synergy coming, similar to Lava Shock. It makes no sense otherwise.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The ranked rewards are not substantial but I appreciate that they are there. I'm also a sucker for gold cards so having more gold cards is always appreciated by me. I even keep gold versions of shitty cards. I have 2 golden mechbearcats, I don't give a shit.

Dahbomb

Oh many so many new cards and information!

Finally new rewards for ranked play but are we 100% we get a golden epic when we reach rank 5? Because if so I am definitely going to be running some ranked. If the golden epic isn't guaranteed then fuck that shit.

Oh and LMAO @ that Shaman draw card. What in the fuck....

Man Blizzard wants cheap aggro to go away so bad they made an ENTIRE MECHANIC that revolves around countering aggro! At least they are trying lol.

Ladekabel

Brawl is okay this week. Don't know if I'll play it again though.

Got a golden Velen in my pack. Should I dust him since I already have non-shiny version or keep him for a while?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I assume both players see both cards, and I bet there is a cute jousting animation where the cards run at each other.

The animation is on the website and its pretty lame. Basically both cards are shown face up over the playing field and the one that wins gets a pink burst under it.

Sande

OMFG the prophecy!

Wait a minute... isn't this just going to promote more cheap aggro meta?

SMG Blizzard...
I don't know about that. 1 and 2 drops will drop utter garbage. I pretty much just copied my ramp druid because the lowest minions are 3 mana and completely obliterated my first enemy. But on the other hand when you play more minions, you get more minions so idk.

Dahbomb

Skeleton knight has to be the worst legendary. Even that guy who can kill a beast.
Skeleton Knight is much better than Hemet.

I don't know about that. 1 and 2 drops will drop utter garbage. I pretty much just copied my ramp druid because the lowest minions are 3 mana and completely obliterated my first enemy.
Yeah I didn't read the post properly... I thought EVERY minion dropped a 2 cost minion but rather it's -2 cost minion. I guess that's much better and interesting but it still favors minion heavy decks because you are getting two for one. Something like Shredder is still godlike in this format.

br3wnor

Brawl is okay this week. Don't know if I'll play it again though.

Got a golden Velen in my pack. Should I dust him since I already have non-shiny version or keep him for a while?

Do you care about golds at all? Does your collection have a lot of holes? I'd personally keep a golden legendary if I used the card but I don't have that many cards left that I really need.

Ladekabel

Do you care about golds at all? Does your collection have a lot of holes? I'd personally keep a golden legendary if I used the card but I don't have that many cards left that I really need.

Yeah, my collection has a lot of holes. Don't have Dr. B, Sylvanas or Harrison. That's why I'm considering dusting him. I like golden cards but I need dust more.

Dahbomb

Ok so the "Shredder" bonus only applies when you summon a creature from hand.

It doesn't count towards transformed minions so Faceless Manipulator doesn't work and neither does the Druid transformation cards like Druid of the Claw. Well Faceless works but it doesn't get an EXTRA deathrattle... just the same as minion you copied.

And the minions that pop out of your deathrattle don't have the effect either so you can't chain deathrattles (like you get 2 2 drop minions off of Shredder but the spawned 2 minions don't have an extra Deathrattle).

Sea Giants and MCT are still godlike in this. Lil Exorcist is godlike in this as well as Riven Barondale. Undertaker gets buffed from all minions summoned from hand as well.

FEIGN DEATH THOUGH?????

Dahbomb

What is the brawl exactly?
Your summoned creatures gain "Deathrattle: Summon a random minion of 2 less cost".

Doesn't apply on minions that are created from Deathrattles or transformed... this effect only applies on cards summoned from hand.

Also the effect gives them the Deathrattle sign and all Deathrattle interactions work with them. So Undertaker gets buffed by all minions being summoned from hand, Baron Rivendare effect triggers twice, Feign of Death also triggers, Lil Exorcist gets the buffs etc.

georly

Your summoned creatures gain "Deathrattle: Summon a random minion of 2 less cost".

Doesn't apply on minions that are created from Deathrattles or transformed... this effect only applies on cards summoned from hand.

Also the effect gives them the Deathrattle sign and all Deathrattle interactions work with them. So Undertaker gets buffed by all minions being summoned from hand, Baron Rivendare effect triggers twice, Feign of Death also triggers, Lil Exorcist gets the buffs etc.

When a minion, that is played from hand, dies it spawns a minion that cost 2 less.

Oh that sounds really fun, can't wait to try it out when I get home. RIP molten giant. No 18 cost cards. Unless it's 2 less than what you paid for it?

Edit: NVM! Molten giant is best one then.

0 mana creature.

People are saying that Molten Giant always summons Deathwing so I guess the card cost is the original cost, not the discounted cost.

or not

People are saying Molten Giant summons Deathwing. Haven't actually confirmed this myself.

Edit: Actually the cost is the new cost of the card so no Deathwing off of Molten Giant. Also the effect does NOT apply on 1 or less cost minions so you get nothing off of them.

This means that you can't actually run cheap aggro cards in this... need at least Midrange type minions in this.

Dahbomb

Oh that sounds really fun, can't wait to try it out when I get home. RIP molten giant. No 18 cost cards. Unless it's 2 less than what you paid for it?
People are saying Molten Giant summons Deathwing. Haven't actually confirmed this myself.

Edit: Actually the cost is the new cost of the card so no Deathwing off of Molten Giant. Also the effect does NOT apply on 1 or less cost minions so you get nothing off of them.

This means that you can't actually run cheap aggro cards in this... need at least Midrange type minions in this.

Skux

Shaman Arcane Intellect might be good. You get more to play on your turn and that can be the difference between a clutch Earth Shock/Lightning Storm/Crackle tempo swing. Also combos well with Lava Shock.

Dahbomb

Yup confirmed... the Deathrattle that you get off of reduced cost cards is not the new cost but rather the default cost. So if you play a Volcanic Drake for 4 mana you will get a 4 mana creature.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS LATEST BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASPOFJASP)FUYSAOPÅIFHAÅSOPIFHÅOASIHFGÅOASIUHFGÅOIASHF

Pooya

1 mana creatures do nothing. No 0 drop. Silverhand recruits don't drop anything.

Nerubian egg for example only leaves a 0 drop. The 4/4 doesn't get a deathrattle. You have to play the minions, minions summoned by voidcaller or deathlord don't get it for example.

Unstable Portal, Baron Rivendare and Shredders (duh) work amazingly well.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yup confirmed... the Deathrattle that you get off of reduced cost cards is the new cost not the default cost. So if you play a Volcanic Drake for 4 mana you will get a 4 mana creature.

You just contradicted yourself?

Rapstah

Token Druid seems all right in this Brawl but I'm saying that after my opponent missed lethal and then conceded despite me not having lethal on board.

Wow, lot of news dropped.

Joust seems like a nice mechanic to encourage higher cost minions. I like it, even if there's some RNG involved. Skeleton Knight seems like it could get out of hand in the right deck.

New ranked rewards are awesome. Definitely wasn't expecting that, especially the addition of golden cards. Props to Blizzard for that one.

And they finally gave Shaman card draw. Too bad it's worse than Arcane Intellect. Why couldn't it just have overload 1? Nobody knows. Maybe it's enough to run Unbound Elemental and Lava Shock, though I doubt it.

ViviOggi

Ok so the "Shredder" bonus only applies when you summon a creature from hand.

It doesn't count towards transformed minions so Faceless Manipulator doesn't work and neither does the Druid transformation cards like Druid of the Claw. Well Faceless works but it doesn't get an EXTRA deathrattle... just the same as minion you copied.

And the minions that pop out of your deathrattle don't have the effect either so you can't chain deathrattles (like you get 2 2 drop minions off of Shredder but the spawned 2 minions don't have an extra Deathrattle).

Sea Giants and MCT are still godlike in this. Lil Exorcist is godlike in this as well as Riven Barondale. Undertaker gets buffed from all minions summoned from hand as well.

FEIGN DEATH THOUGH?????
I learned this the hard way when my genius idea of Token Druid w/ Soul of the Forest turned out to be a complete dud. I still beat my first opponent, a literal ranked Midrange Hunter, got my pack and am not touching this garbage format again. The decision to count only played minion cards for the modifier makes this a boring spamfest instead of a challenge promoting creative synergies and crazy situations.

The burgle card art is incredible.

Some additional incentive for ranking high is great to see.

Blocked at work. Can anyone describe the rewards and the ranks you need to reach to get them?

I reached rank 14 pretty easily last night and found little to no resistance, unlike the first few days where I was getting 50% win rate at rank 19.

I'll try to get to rank 5 this season. That's the goal, let's see how it goes.

Blocked at work. Can anyone describe the rewards and the ranks you need to reach to get them?

I reached rank 14 pretty easily last night and found little to no resistance, unlike the first few days where I was getting 50% win rate at rank 19.

I'll try to get to rank 5 this season. That's the goal, let's see how it goes.

It doesn't get into too many specifics but they show two examples.

At rank 17 it has the card back, a golden common and 20 dust. At rank 5 it has the card back, two golden commons, a golden epic and 5 dust.

So I imagine it's pretty random what you get.

Dahbomb

I learned this the hard way when my genius idea of Token Druid w/ Soul of the Forest turned out to be a complete dud. I still beat my first opponent, a literal ranked Midrange Hunter, got my pack and am not touching this garbage format again. The decision to count only played minion cards for the modifier makes this a boring spamfest instead of a challenge promoting creative synergies and crazy situations.
If they didn't do that it would be even more cancerous bull shit where people would play Shredder like creatures to get Deathrattles on top of Deathrattles.

johnsmith

remember me
If they offer more rewards at legend it's going to be the death of me. Hopefully it caps out at rank 5 which I can faceroll to.

Schryver

I like the joust cards and ranked rewards is glorious, especially the way you can't lose value on the chest once you hit that rank. Hype rising

It doesn't get into too many specifics but they show two examples.

At rank 17 it has the card back, a golden common and 20 dust. At rank 5 it has the card back, two golden commons, a golden epic and 5 dust.

So I imagine it's pretty random what you get.

I see, thanks.

I like the joust cards and ranked rewards is glorious, especially the way you can't lose value on the chest once you hit that rank. Hype rising

What do you mean by this? Like If you reach rank 5, but then drop to like 7, you get the rank 5 rewards?

Tubie

Ranked rewards and new cards (see post below)

9XW0UWYENNC71438637969310.jpg

This is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom