• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyrock

pretty good news all around.

finally some ranked rewards and the new cards really pushing a slower game all around.

just upsetting at the Shaman card draw

georly

The joust animation for anyone who can't see it at work or whatever:

biSXvCw.gif

Dahbomb

As bad as that Shaman draw card is... it will still see some play because Shamans are that desperate for card draw. Especially in some combo type deck.

Blizzard giving thirsty Shaman players piss drenched water and they still have to lap it up because the thirst is real.

embalm

Bolster is a very good card. It's value is incredible even on 2 minions, if you ever get more than that it's game winning.

What cards would warrior need to build towards a Taunt deck? They currently have no class taunts. I imagine they would need great 2, 3, or 7 mana Taunts.

It would be nice to have a 3rd deck type for Warrior.

As bad as that Shaman draw card is... it will still see some play because Shamans are that desperate for card draw. Especially in some combo type deck.

Blizzard giving thirsty Shaman players piss drenched water and they still have to lap it up because the thirst is real.

I don't think I'll run it. I'd sooner throw in a second Mana Tide or just keep my Azure Drakes. Hell I even experimented with Pagle for a while and I'd probably run him over this. Two overload is just a slap in the face.

Probably the only redeeming quality about the card is that it combos really well with Chromaggus.

ranked rewards do not increase after rank 5.

just confirmed on twitter.

Welp, that's nice I suppose. Rank 5 is fairly easy to hit.

Dahbomb

Bolster is a very good card. It's value is incredible even on 2 minions, if you ever get more than that it's game winning.

What cards would warrior need to build towards a Taunt deck? They currently have no class taunts. I imagine they would need great 2, 3, or 7 mana Taunts.

Unstable Ghoul, Annoyotrons, Belchers, Senjin, Sunwalkers, Arcane Nullifiers

Combined with Ancient Watchers + Sunfury Protecters and Defender of Argus.

Main problem is that they don't have HUGE taunt minions like Ironbark and they can't manipulate their health/hand totals like Warlocks to get Giants with taunt. Maybe they can use Frozen Giants and use them as their big minions for taunts plus Sea Giants.

Raxus

These jousting cards are pretty great. The paladin one is fantastic. A 5/5 antique healbot.

that 1 mana injured blademaster, They are really pushing priest this expansion.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I was gonna complain about the Shaman card but i see that you did a great job at it.

WHY DO YOU HATE THEM SHAMANZ BLIZZ?

Dahbomb

Not much discussion on that new Paladin Legendary card.

Very strong card right there but is it enough at that cost? I feel like it's strongest when both you and the opponent has the board and you play this card to swings thing in your favor with trades.

At the very least its way, way, way better than Bolvar.

Raxus

Not much discussion on that new Paladin Legendary card.

Very strong card right there but is it enough at that cost? I feel like it's strongest when both you and the opponent has the board and you play this card to swings thing in your favor with trades.

At the very least its way, way, way better than Bolvar.

Not a high bar to clear. It is pretty worthless IMO. If it is played chances are it will be too late/ there will too few or too many minions to effect the outcome of the battle.

I like the 5/5 healbot paladins got much better.

Ah I didn't even see the new Paladin legendary.

The stats are a bit wonky but the value you can get from it is pretty insane, especially against something like Handlock or a Zoo that has flooded the board.

Makes stacking the board against Paladin even more dangerous than it already was.

Could work great with Dread Corsair. Turn 4 Death's Bite followed by turn 5 2X free Dread Corsair + Bolster = 2 5/5 taunts for 2 mana. I think you could build a Warrior fatigue deck with Trueheart, a bunch of taunts, Bolster, removals, and Kel'Thuzad. That kind of deck might even give Iron Juggernaut a purpose.

georly

Wow those are great. Innervate aviana, Ironbark Ironbark Ancient of War

Ramp druid will certainly be a much more real thing w/ aviana.

Kumo

If you're holding an innervate, that's THREE minions you can get out at only 1 mana apiece on turn 10. Holy shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Those are VERY expensive but VERY cool.

Ramp into Aviana and then dump your hand could be really fun.

Agreed, hella expensive... but the Emperor can help out with that.
Good stuff.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Aviana is *super* interesting. Require a re-evaluation of every 8/9 mana minion in druid. Requires thinking about do you use your innervates right away or do you hold them.

Very interesting card. Of course it can very easily be dead.

Raxus

Voted priest seeing as we only have one priest card.

We have revealed nearly half the set now. Wonder when they will publish the rest.

Pooya

I don't think Anub'arak will see much play with those stats. Should have been a 7 drop. Really not very good. You just play this and it's sure to die, you can't do anything else. You have a 4/4 which again dies in the same turn. Are you going to play it again? you're probably dead then. It's about as bad as Malorne, it doesn't do anything to the board really.

Aviana is insane, ET and wildgrowth combined with the new Aspirant, you can play this early and dump bunch of 8/8 minions. It's harder to predict this than handlock.

georly

If you're holding an innervate, that's THREE minions you can get out at only 1 mana apiece on turn 10. Holy shit.

Yup, so the deck becomes "Do whatever it takes to get to 10 mana asap and survive while holding 3-6 big minions and some innervates"

Card draw, healing, removal, and of course anything that gives you mana crystals.

Makes something like twisting nether really good if this becomes a thing, not to mention maintaining the importance of BGH... again.

Raxus

Yup, so the deck becomes "Do whatever it takes to get to 10 mana asap and survive while holding 3-6 big minions and some innervates"

Card draw, healing, removal, and of course anything that gives you mana crystals.

The new minion helps a ton in hyper ramp as well. Aviana is a nice way to keep Ancient of War relevant with Lock and Load coming for hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom