• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Aviana seems pretty hard to actually get down on the board, but with the cards that help slow things down, it has some potential.

Obviously it's more of a ramp druid card, and a deck built around that will have a lot of expensive minions for jousting (and presumably taunts to help cover Aviana).

Of course, if you're saving innervates for her, you're not innervating your other stuff first, and eventually people will be saving removal for her.

Lumine

Nice, those are pretty cool. Aviana will definitely see play, not sure in what kind of Rogue deck Anub'arak fits though.

Also this week's Brawl is more interesting than I thought at first. Deck building matters.

edit: Went with a really expensive mech mage deck, it worked.
My opponent (Shaman) did some interesting stuff too though, lots of effective silences, reincarnate + Baron Rivendare combo's and an Al'Akir.

ViviOggi

Hahaha WHAT

Even if Control Rogue became a thing why would it want to make this insanely slow thing its NINE-DROP? I'd rather play fucking Sneed's

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hahaha WHAT

Even if Control Rogue became a thing why would it want to make this insanely slow thing its NINE-DROP? I'd rather play fucking Sneed's

Well you see when you're running mill rogue and almost out of cards and somehow aren't about to win by decking...

Yup, so the deck becomes "Do whatever it takes to get to 10 mana asap and survive while holding 3-6 big minions and some innervates"

Card draw, healing, removal, and of course anything that gives you mana crystals.

Makes something like twisting nether really good if this becomes a thing, not to mention maintaining the importance of BGH... again.

Aviana+Dr. Balanced on Turn 10.

Pls nerf.

Honestly, the value is going to come from getting a bunch of cards on the board immediately after this drops because dropping a 5-5 for 9 mana is horrible.

Minsc

Gold Member
Aviana + Emperor, minions in hand are always 1, no matter how many turns Emperor has been around right?

So to get any value you need to have 1 additional mana over the casting cost, even if it turns to 8, you really can't play it unless you had 9 mana.

Edit: Of course, Aviana for 6 from UP will be annoying, especially if it's Archmage for 1 after it. Still, you need to take care against classes like Paladin and Warrior of dropping your entire arsenal and then losing it all to a board clear.

embalm

Aviana will totally be ran in Ramp Druid. In certain situations she will flip the entire game around.

Druid Alarm-o-bot deck here I come.

georly

Aviana will totally be ran in Ramp Druid. In certain situations she will flip the entire game around.

Druid Alarm-o-bot deck here I come.

I totally forgot about alarm-o-bot and now we have its first ever potential for constructed.

Turn 1 innervate alarm-o-bot
turn 2 aviana dr boom
opponent concedes

Dahbomb

Aviana is the first Legendary in this expansion that made me go "wow ... that could be a fucking problem".

In late game this could crush the game because of stuff like Innervate. You get this out turn 10, Innervate and then play 3 huge minions.

TheGrue

Got first win on the first match in Brawl with a Paladin Hobgoblin deck. Those 1 cost minions kept coming back as Target Dummies, making life difficult for the opponent.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I don't think anub arak is that bad actually. It's just that it requires value rogue to be a thing. I imagine a deck that plays this would also play gallywix and burgle and healbots and become sort of... priesty rogue.

I'm not saying that deck will exist but the cards themselves are not outright unplayable. They just don't have a deck to call home yet.

georly

Actually... Aviana + kelthuzad is now a combo. You play them on the same turn and the opponent HAS to remove both or you win next turn.

en-us-full.png
kelthuzad.jpg

Dahbomb

Ok just played the Brawl a bunch of times and it's definitely the default cost and not the new discounted cost.

Summoning a Volcanic Lumberer at 8 mana will give you Dr Balanced... not a 6 mana creature as its base cost is still 9 mana.

CoolOff

Aviana out of UP or Sneed's will literally win you the game

A Tempo Mage can't really leverage it. You UP on turn 2, then you can't play Aviana until turn 6, and THEN still have minions in hand that gets a lot of value out of being costed at 1. Nah.

Pooya

Aviana is a card that other classes can't really benefit from it when it's full mana. Only Druid can play it. If you get it from Burgle or Thoughtsteal, it's really not any good for you.

Mindgames could work, but that's very unlikely to work. And priests don't have too many minions.

ViviOggi

Another Rogue legendary that won't see play.

Druids needed a decent legendary since Malorne is garbage.
But Gallywix is actually a great card that doesn't fit into its class. If Rogue ever gets the tools to play a control game he's an auto-include. Anub'Arak on the other hand is garbage in any deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aviana is fucking scary in that taunt heavy Ramp Druid that cuts the combo. Ancient of War. Kelthuzad. Cenarius. If you can't remove her immediately then you are dead as shit next turn.

Raxus

Aviana is a card that other classes can't really benefit from it when it's full mana. Only Druid can play it. If you get it from Burgle or Thoughtsteal, it's really not any good for you.

Mindgames could work, but that's very unlikely to work. And priests don't have too many minions.

Plus MC doesn't work on it too well either since odds are the druid will have an answer for it as well.

Getting it out of a portal is pretty gross then again the best minon a mage can get from it is Antonidas and boom. Not very good. Aviana certainly saved druid from being a constant savage roar variant.

Opiate

AnubArak wouldn't even be played in a slower class like Warrior. Now consider that Rogue is one of if not the fastest cycling class in the game, and the card has virtually no value to Rogue.

There it is!

Edit: These are also new:

Kvaldir no longer a legendary? Might see play in Priest, cheaper Injured Blademaster.

Rogue and Druid legendaries revealed.

Aviana...could be insane? Don't think we have ever seen a card with such a high cost with such low stats. From Unstable Portal = gg fuck you

Anub'arak...nah. I always thought he would be 6 mana 6/3 Battlecry - steal 1 hp from ALL minions, if more then 3 is stolen, gain taunt. Current thing wouldn't be played in Control Warrior and I can't ever see Rogues running a 9 drop, especially not a particularly good one. They would sooner run Ysera.

Good to finally see some more exciting card additions though.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
AnubArak wouldn't even be played in a slower class like Warrior. Now consider that Rogue is one of if not the fastest cycling class in the game, and the card has virtually no value to Rogue.

Yep :( This card is too slow for the current oil rogue decks,, maybe if it was 7 mana. I was hoping for a lower curve legendary, this card doesn't appear to fit any current rogue deck. Still it makes me curious what the rest of the rogue cards are, oh aviana is pretty good.

georly

Kvaldir no longer a legendary? Might see play in Priest, cheaper Injured Blademaster.

So you either spend 2 mana to heal him on your current turn (for a 3 mana 2/3, ew) or you waste a circle of healing on him, or you play him unprotected on turn 1 and hope your opponent can't answer it. I'd rather play chow.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That taunt heavy ramp Druid that runs aviana will probably run several joust cards. Gadgetzan Jouster instead of Zombie Chow. Master Jouster as a better Sunwalker. The deck is so top heavy it benefits from Joust more than any other.

So you either spend 2 mana to heal him on your current turn (for a 3 mana 2/3, ew) or you waste a circle of healing on him, or you play him unprotected on turn 1 and hope your opponent can't answer it. I'd rather play chow.

Yeah he doesn't really work as a 1 drop, won't replace chow unless something new comes up.

Santiako

This brawl sucks lol.

5 matches and I've played 3 ramp Druids, a face Hunter and an Eboladin.

Edit: And now a mech Mage. People have no originality.

I'm just making random decks to clear my dailies. First randorogue and now I have to win 5 times as a shaman, so I'll make something with that.

Rapstah

I'm going to make Spook Rogue a thing. Run Undertaker, Nerubian Egg, Nerub'ar Weblord, Anub'ar Ambusher, Anub'arak and The Skeleton Knight, lose every match while spamming Threaten.

Dahbomb

The few Druids cards we have seen are among the better class cards showcased so far.

Savage Combatant is good.
The ramp 2/3 card is amazing.
The Druid of the Saber (Bluegill or Gilbin Stalker) is decent.
The Legendary is potentially insane.

Rogue so far has the worst cards:

The Boulderfist Panda
Burglar
That Poisoned weapon
Anubarak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom