• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Strifecro is as high on the Shaman cards as I am. Shaman is looking very strong coming in to the new expansion -- at least so far.
He'as as high on the Shaman cards as he is low on the Rogue cards.. LOL!

He thought every single one of the Rogue cards was bad.

Raxus

I like shaman is finally internally consistent and there may even be a use for that spell that clears overload.

Rogue really got shit on this expansion. The 5 mana guy is good for arena.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Who cares, that card sucks anyway.

Man, remember when tons of people were saying Hungry Dragon was OP?

I swear. Sometimes people hype the shit out of cards like Hungry Dragon and Bouncing Blade and I never understand it.

Dahbomb

Well I certainly wasn't one of them.

I can still understand the hype for Hungry Dragon. It's huge stats and normally you expect to get a crap 2/1 minion for 1 mana (maybe even 1/1) that you can easily remove. Evaluating it from an Arena perspective I can see the value argument.

People made some critical errors when evaluating the card:

1) Underestimating the power of 1 drops. Some 1 drops are quite powerful. Stuff like Chow, Flame Imps and Mana Wyrm are essentially 2 drop quality minions and in that situation Hungry Dragon becomes a reverse

2) Underestimating aggro decks. Giving aggro decks another minion is damn near suicidal. This card is damn near unplayable against Zoo or Hunters which are two very common classes.

3) Overestimated Dragon synergy. People thought Dragon synergy was going to be next Mech hotness but it didn't come close. Hungry Dragon could've seen some play if Dragons were amazing but they weren't and thus Hungry Dragon simply wasn't good enough. You are just better off using Twilight Drake.

4) People for some reason forgot about Shredder existing. At least they aren't making that mistake this time around for TGT.

The set is introducing some even better 1 drops so Hungry Dragon is just going to get worse over time due to power creep. The only thing that would change it is if Dragon synergy is worth a damn but even then you might see Twilight Drake get picked over it.

Xanathus

Man, remember when tons of people were saying Hungry Dragon was OP?

I swear. Sometimes people hype the shit out of cards like Hungry Dragon and Bouncing Blade and I never understand it.
If I remember correctly people said Hungry Dragon is a good arena card, and it's somewhat true.

Tagyhag

AtsRxOL.jpg

Got my first Legendary drop, one of my most disliked legendaries but hey beggars can't be choosers, 3 rares and a legend is cool though.

Also, my friend had asked if I unleashed the beast right after winning, thought it was a funny coincidence.

People are thinking about the hungry dragon mct combo!!!!

But now even that is useless because of the power of joust. Now when you play joust cards and survive long enough to use them and are playing against somebody with an unpredictable deck and are lucky enough to joust twice and see the exact cards in the combo while not revealing your own better cards it'll be ruined.

So I just realized something that maybe people might get a little kick out of. So everyone knows this card, The Black Knight.

And recently we were shown this card, The Skeleton Knight.

I don't know why I didn't see it sooner, but they are in fact the same guy. Long story short, when you fight The Black Knight in WoW, he has three phases. His Normal Forsaken phase, his skeleton phase, and his final form, a ghost phase.

I hope they incorporate his last form into a card as well to complete the 'set,' as a nice little kick towards his lore. What's even better is if they all cost 6 mana as well, as that makes it feel like the same guy over and over again as he returns to the battle multiple times.

Maybe I'm dumb for just seeing this now but I thought that maybe people who haven't played WoW, or did Trial of the Crusader, would like to know a little bit more about the cards. Here's to hoping we see "The Ghost Knight"!

squidyj

Yes so I can give my opponent Majordormo and kill them instantly!

dude's 9 mana, you're probably not pulling it off in one turn.
more ridiculously though, priest plays auchenai against warlock.

1. play mistress of pain
2. give mistress of pain to priest.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Rapstah

The Hunter legendaries are almost guaranteed to be that double worm boss from Trial of the Crusader going by the interview that says Hunter gets an extra class card. Acidmaw and whatever the other one is called.

Haunted

So I just realized something that maybe people might get a little kick out of. So everyone knows this card, The Black Knight.

And recently we were shown this card, The Skeleton Knight.

I don't know why I didn't see it sooner, but they are in fact the same guy. Long story short, when you fight The Black Knight in WoW, he has three phases. His Normal Forsaken phase, his skeleton phase, and his final form, a ghost phase.

I hope they incorporate his last form into a card as well to complete the 'set,' as a nice little kick towards his lore. What's even better is if they all cost 6 mana as well, as that makes it feel like the same guy over and over again as he returns to the battle multiple times.

Maybe I'm dumb for just seeing this now but I thought that maybe people who haven't played WoW, or did Trial of the Crusader, would like to know a little bit more about the cards. Here's to hoping we see "The Ghost Knight"!
As someone who has never played wow, I'd never know these kinds of tidbits. I find it neat how Blizzard incorporates and recreates fights/events/NPCs within the constraints of Hearthstone. Thanks for that informative post. :)

Skux

I don't care how viable it is, I'm rocking Eadric. Hell I still have my Bolvar Suicide Squad midrange Pally I like to play from time to time.

Xanathus

The problem with golden heroes is that once you have it, it feels like a waste to play it on ranked because you're no longer working towards something. At least I still don't have golden Hunter yet.

KuroNeeko

The problem with golden heroes is that once you have it, it feels like a waste to play it on ranked because you're no longer working towards something. At least I still don't have golden Hunter yet.

but them gold totems!

I usually play priest / druid / rogue. Druid looks like it'll be a good golden, but priest / rogue look like they'll be pretty meh....

I like to play and then beat other gold heroes with my gold rogue. You should unlock platinum portraits after you beat 500 gold portrait heroes with your gold portrait hero.

Xanathus

I like to play and then beat other gold heroes with my gold rogue. You should unlock platinum portraits after you beat 500 gold portrait heroes with your gold portrait hero.
Blizzard can't even make golden portraits for heroes that people pay real money for, putting out platinum portraits would be too much work for them.

Vitanimus

what's everyone's favourite class? I think I'll have to go with priest just cos when the stars align and everything gives amazing value and you crush your opponent at every turn. sogood.gif

Malice215

Druid is my favorite. I'm about 50 wins away now from a golden Druid. I'm making the grind this month because I want to play other classes when this expansion drops.

Pooya

Paladin is my favorite. Good spells, best card draw, good weapons, even secrets! They have everything unlike others. Always liked Uther too and he has the best emotes in the game. You have too many powerful combos and always have the upper hand in board control. It might be out of meta these days, but I still really love sword of justice, jugglers, muster combo. It feels so good when you pull it off.

Still holding hope some day I can play all those dragons.

Heropon

I want to like Shaman the most but right now Mage is my favourite and she has the most victories in contructed, just 50. Shaman is second so it isn't that bad. I think those numbers are going to improve thanks to the ranked rewards, I just hope all the aggro decks in ladder let me.

Vitanimus

I like midrange hunter, but really detest face hunter like everyone else I guess. just seems so anti-fun. I can also see the appeal of patron warrior but it seems like too much set up and I guess cheesing your opponent for me to find it fun.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't care how viable it is, I'm rocking Eadric. Hell I still have my Bolvar Suicide Squad midrange Pally I like to play from time to time.

Bolvar ain't even that bad, but I think he only works in a deck with multiple BGH and silence targets.

Lumine

I don't really have a favorite. I guess, like many people, I started out with Priest, but that didn't last very long. All my classes are actually somewhere around the same level.

dude's 9 mana, you're probably not pulling it off in one turn.
more ridiculously though, priest plays auchenai against warlock.

1. play mistress of pain
2. give mistress of pain to priest.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Wouldn't work. Auchenai only changes your cards and powers that heal. Now giving them a Fel Reaver and then setting its attack to 1. That would be sweet.

bjaelke

I'm all about that priest. Been a love/hate relationship since the beta. Currently a bit indifferent about it (give me those GT cards) due to its problems in the meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom