• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

I want to see a taunt with a pyro type effect. That's better than ghoul.

3mana 2/4 Taunt. Can't Attack. Deal 1 damage to enemy minions when attacked.

Pooya

Belchers are just terrible against aggro, I'm not sure why they ever got popular. They are going to silence it more likely than not, might as well play Sen'jin, it comes one turn earlier and it might have lower chance of getting silenced because of it, it might actually protect something and if silenced it's as good as belchers just one less mana, that's a big deal. For 5 mana you can play two cards instead, turn 6 you can play another Sen'jin and use hero power or whatever.

And now with patrons, the deathrattle is a liability actually. It's the best taunt against control or mid range decks not aggro, annoy-o-tron and senjin combo work way better.

We could use some taunts with aoe effect for sure, unstable ghoul has too low health, it ended up working for warrior better than any one else and not because of its taunt, taunt is just a bonus for patron warrior. One 3 drop like that could be very good.

zoukka

The problem isn't that it's hard to counter aggro, in fact it's very easy with taunts, aoe and heals. The problem is that you gimp yourself in control mirrors this way. As long as there are healthy amounts of both control and aggro as viable decks then all is well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mech Shaman vs Patron? No problemo.
Mech Shaman vs Mech/Tempo Mage? Never lucky.

Xanathus

If you really wanted a good anti-aggro taunt you'd play Deathlord. Taunt 2/8(!) for only 3 mana! But noooo you don't play that because the drawback is bad against midrange and control. OK why don't you play Senjin oh wait no your 4-drop is filled with Shredders/Voidcallers. Basically y'all are whining about wanting a magical card that is good against everything...

Oh you want a taunt with a pyro effect? It's already there it's called Unstable Ghoul. But of course you don't play it unless you're patron because it doesn't synergize with your Implosions and Muster for Battle or whatever.

When you boil it all down it comes down to people bitching that their OP deck is countered by another OP deck.

JesseZao

It's a druid combo hard counter, too. Maybe it should be a 1/4.

I don't have a whiny tone at all. Just having a friendly card creation discussion. No reason to get hostile, mang ;).

Dahbomb

The game could definitely use a 2/4 3 mana Taunt though (vanilla no other effects on it).

And I have always been a fan of Senjin. I still see it used in Ramp Druid decks.

Belcher is ridiculous though.... anytime I try to cut it I regret it almost instantly.

Pooya

Nobody whined here, you're doing all the whining actually, they are adding aggro cards, naturally you would need more counter options as what we have now is very inadequate.

We need a general purpose taunt that's cheaper than Sen'jin, a 3 drop. yeah it's a must have for the game right now. Jousts aren't going to change anything, the effects are too weak and the best one is a paladin card.

Now for healing...

Now priests can heal for 1 mana. Priests that had little problem with aggro. great thanks, it's just going to be used for damage.

Paladin has a joust heal card, paladins that already could attack and heal, two truesilver heals for 8, that's on healbot in itself. No need to mention other options

Warrior can gain armor to sky high. Shield block is pretty much 5 armor for 1. drawing a card cost 2. And now they have another card to gain 3 armor and deal 3 damage, great..

Other classes are screwd so far, stuck with outdated heals.

We need a general purpose taunt that's cheaper than Sen'jin, a 3 drop. yeah it's a must have for the game right now because they are introducing more and more RNG crap, attack buffs and charge but nothing so far to actually fight it back. Jousts aren't going to change anything, the effects are too weak and the best one is a paladin card.

Now for healing...

Now priest can heal for 1 mana. Priests that had problem with aggro. great thanks, it's just going to be use for damage.

Paladin has a joust heal card, paladins that already could attack and heal, two truesilver heals for 8, that's on healbot in itself. No need to mention other options

Warrior can gain armor to sky high. Shield block is pretty much 5 armor for 1. drawing a card cost 2. And now they have another card to gain 3 armor and deal 3 damage, great..

Other classes are screwd so far, stuck with outdated heals.

Healbot... is far from outdated.

And the new heal every inspire guy is actually quite good as well. Before you say he sucks for being a 1/8 for 4 mana, he is 8 total health that aggro is probably going to want to remove. And if they deal 8 or more damage to it, you've bought yourself 8 health right off the stats he brings to the table. Because if they don't remove it, that health is going to add up and make the game likely unwinnable for the aggro deck.

Both these options are pretty good.

I am seeing a lot of potential in inspire decks so I think tournament medic has a real opportunity to make a bigger splash than people expect.

Pooya

Healbot... is far from outdated.

And the new heal every inspire guy is actually quite good as well. Before you say he sucks for being a 1/8 for 4 mana, he is 8 total health that aggro is probably going to want to remove. And if they deal 8 or more damage to it, you've bought yourself 8 health right off the stats he brings to the table. Because if they don't remove it, that health is going to add up and make the game likely unwinnable for the aggro deck.

Both these options are pretty good.

I am seeing a lot of potential in inspire decks so I think tournament medic has a real opportunity to make a bigger splash than people expect.

That card isn't going to do anything, not because of 4 mana necessarily but that hero powers aren't equal. Sure priests could use that but priests don't need that card to heal, warrior could use that for 4 health every turn but warriors don't need that as it is, they are the best against aggro, I've been playing warrior all day and laughing my ass off at face hunters hopelessly going face.

How rogue could use that? You can't, mage can't use it well either, the 1 damage isn't going to do much turn 5 and onward and their new card that could be used for a hypothetical inspire deck is a 6 drop.

So yeah, I don't think that card is entirely worthless, stall or fatigue decks can use it but for any thing resembling a control deck is not useful.

Healbot was great when it was released and is good now still but all the new additions of quickshot and now even more damage cards and possible burst damage healing 8 for 5 mana isn't all that good anymore, you're probably going to die if you're lower than 20 health at that point in the game..

Healbot was great when it was released and is good now still but all the new additions of quickshot and now even more damage cards and possible burst damage healing 8 for 5 mana isn't all that good anymore, you're probably going to die if you're lower than 20 health at that point in the game..

Burst healing for 8 for 5 mana, plus a 3/3 is still gonna be good. And the tuskar jouster (w/e it is called) only heals for 7 although a slightly larger body and the heal is not guaranteed so there is definitely a lot of space even in paladin for healbot or tournament medic.

I'm not sure what game you're playing where you think you're probably going to die at 20 hp to aggro.

Dahbomb

Healbot and Earthenfarseer get the job if you really need the heal.

I do think that Rogue and Hunter need some dedicated healers though. Maybe not Hunter because they can also use Illuminator but Rogue really needs it because Rogue is constantly self damaging to control the board.

IceMarker

5eFijtP.png
39CcfUk.png
oR3Zs28.png
7Gg45OL.png

The full album is here. Updated whenever, I usually post cards here on GAF first.
Isn't Scrap Dealer cool?

Healbot and Earthenfarseer get the job if you really need the heal.

I do think that Rogue and Hunter need some dedicated healers though. Maybe not Hunter because they can also use Illuminator but Rogue really needs it because Rogue is constantly self damaging to control the board.

One rogue heal card I could potentially want/use is a minion that is like "when your hero attacks, heal for x hp".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
IceMarker likes to make his own cards. They're not "real".

IceMarker

Hearthcards really does have a good generator.

And yes, in hindsight, I regret giving the priest card Rare instead of common.

Dahbomb

Rodeo Bouncer: Weak stats for a class minion even if you get the Enrage off. I think like Raging Worgen the Enrage should trigger +2 attack on top of taunt.

Manipulator: Needs to be at least 6/7 stats and the effect needs to be "any other minion". The effect can screw you over as much as it can benefit you which is why 6/7 stats is fair. It also requires an Inspire effect. Still a pretty weak card and more importantly a very slow one.

Feldrake: I like it, it seems fair for what it is.

Tomes of Antonidas: I want to say it should be 1 mana and not 2 but it's hard to really rate this card. Spell damage is usually worth 1 stat point so you need to hit at least 4 minions at 2 mana for it to be worth it which means that it's expensive at 2 mana. At 1 mana it might be too good though. It's probably fair at that cost given that Mages run Mirror Images.

Scrap Dealer: Very powerful card for Rogue IMO. It's really easy to get at least one coin off of this card. The stats are solid enough standalone as well.

Tainted Blood: Assuming this is Warrior, this is a very strong card as well. 3/3 while inferior to 4/2 is still reasonable and getting potentially 3 draws off of this card is RIDICULOUS value.

IceMarker

Thanks Dahbomb! As you mentioned in your critique, I do wish I had thrown common gems onto the Warrior and Priest minions. To be honest the Priest minion I rushed out of all the cards. Feldrake was inspired by the dragonlock I've been seeing a few streamers run like Savjz. You are correct on Tainted Brand being insane value, however you are sacrificing that 4+ damage sweet spot on a weapon and there are times where you will only hit face or end up damaging a minion with it. Tomes of Antonidas was made for mirror image! :p

Scrap Dealer dream turn 2 dagger and attack -> turn 3 drop Scrap Dealer and attack into gaining a coin -> turn 4 coin out a Shadowpan Cavalry even if you went first in the match. (Not to mention any Combo synergy.)

Weizor

Neo Member
It weakens tuskar totemic.

Edit: and there is only 1 card that buffs the totem tribe in the expansion: Thunder buff valient. Other totem buff cards suck ass (totemic might)
It's better than the hero power totems most of the time, especially against aggro, so I don't see how it will weaken Tuskar Totemic.

Ultrabum

It's better than the hero power totems most of the time, especially against aggro, so I don't see how it will weaken Tuskar Totemic.

Tuskar totemic is a good card that will see play, there are 8 totems so far.

healing totem: can be ignored

searing totem: makes tuskar totemic razorfen hunter

stoneclaw totem: could be good in some situations, if your faceing zoo or eboladin, they are going to kill it and get more board advantage.

wrath of air totem: could be good, but is probably bad. If you need it for lightning storm, its good. Every other time, its probably bad. I stopped running lightning storm, card sucks.

flame tongue: could be very good, or do nothing just like stoneclaw/wrath of air.

manatide: great, 3 mana 2/3 draw a card is broken good even if its removed. Has the potential to draw multiple cards, game winning.

vitality: trash, worse than healing totem because it does nothing for the board state, which is what matter early when you are playing this card. 90% of the time its a win more or lose more card.

totem golem: Great, 3 mana 2/3 summon a 3/4 is game winning good.

So, you play tuskar totemic on turn 2 with coin or turn 3 and you have 5/8 chance to get something bad/mediocre and 3/8 chance to get something mad scientist level good.

If they removed vitality totem it would be 3/7!!! that's sick, almost as good as mad scientist.

Alternatively, they could add an epic spell like 1 mana 1 overload give your totems +2 +2.

I am really excited for totem shaman, but people forget that there are only 2 shaman class cards left, and there are currently 2 cards that buff totems, totemic might (still sucks) and thunder bluff valiant, (great late game, also kind of a win more card).

Playing against patron warrior at rank 9 it's turn 9 and he got a big emperor off. I'm at 15 life 12 armor with belcher and Grom on board.

Guy plays Warsong Commander, Frothing Berserker, Unstable Ghoul

Uses up his deaths bite

Casts whirlwind

Casts whirlwind

"I choose death"

lol

Playing warrior vs priest in Tavern Brawl

I played an Iron Juggernaut early in the match

Got the priest under 10 health

He had a Northshire Cleric on the board

He kept healing minions to draw cards

He uses his last heal to heal the cleric and...

BOOM goes the Priest lol

I laughed pretty hard, I was hoping that would happen

Magnus

After normal success in getting to rank 9-13 every month with minimal effort, I had unbelievable trouble getting out of rank 20 at this past week. I tried my usual winning priest decks, and versions of all the popular shit - patron warrior, oil rogue, Handlock, aggro paladin. Failure. Only aggro Hunter/lock works, and that's so boring.

Then I went back to my old stalwart, Midrange/control paladin. So great. Handling every opponent with ease. What a great, versatile, powerful deck. Love it. Flown up to rank 15 with no effort.

Pooya

Playing against patron warrior at rank 9 it's turn 9 and he got a big emperor off. I'm at 15 life 12 armor with belcher and Grom on board.

Guy plays Warsong Commander, Frothing Berserker, Unstable Ghoul

Uses up his deaths bite

Casts whirlwind

Casts whirlwind

"I choose death"

math is hard lol

Rogue really needs it because Rogue is constantly self damaging to control the board.
Rogues just need a Stealth card to avoid and delay turns, only problem is I have no idea how'd you balance it. I think it'd be cool to have a card something like this though. I mean, sure there's Conceal and Master of Disguise, but I think Rogue needs a more Stealth feel to it. I'd love to see some cards that are based off of openers too.
I made this pretty quickly, so I didn't think about balance too much. They probably also wouldn't call the card the same exact word/name for a keyword.

Tacitus_

Might as well call it Immune since that's already a keyword and if you're going to use it to skip damage, it's practically the same outside of random attacks and swipe.

Lyng

math is hard lol

There are so many bad patron warriors on ladder right now its insane.

Met one today. I was playing midrange hunter (lol who am I kidding with hunter its face anyway).
He starts to spam his Patrons but doesnt count his damage so I survive at one hp, meanwhile he has given me exact lethal through UTH...Disgusting I know...

Might as well call it Immune since that's already a keyword and if you're going to use it to skip damage, it's practically the same outside of random attacks and swipe.
True, but if you really want to catch the essence of Stealth, you need to met Hunters counter it easily with Flare and allow AoE effects randomly break it too(Like Commanding Shout). Also Immune isn't stealthy at all! You glow blue for the duration.

Though if it was ever to exist, it'd probably be Immune since that's really easy to understand.

Ultrabum

True, but if you really want to catch the essence of Stealth, you need to met Hunters counter it easily with Flare and allow AoE effects randomly break it too(Like Commanding Shout). Also Immune isn't stealthy at all! You glow blue for the duration.

Though if it was ever to exist, it'd probably be Immune since that's really easy to understand.

Remember when flare was 1 mana, Jesus.

Tacitus_

Yeah, I thought of that, but if something like this were to make it to the game, they'd probably go with Immune since it's already on several cards that affect heroes.

Remember when flare was 1 mana, Jesus.
Good times. I think it was ran a lot too since Hunter and Mage were really popular back then. It's funny because Hunters have quite a bit if Card Draw, Flare-Tracking-Call Pet, but they never use/need it.
Yeah, I thought of that, but if something like this were to make it to the game, they'd probably go with Immune since it's already on several cards that affect heroes.
For sure. That's one great thing about this game, Blizzard is good with keeping things consistent. Fallen Hero is a good example of this how it sparkles up your hero power like spells with spell power.

If anything I just want more set up cards like Preparation for Rogues. Just seems like a cool way to play the class.

So I'm still not very good and I'm sure this card has no place in real druid decks, but I successfully pulled off Tree of Life when I was down 27-6 and came back to win. Loved it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I'm still not very good and I'm sure this card has no place in real druid decks, but I successfully pulled off Tree of Life when I was down 27-6 and came back to win. Loved it.

It atleast has the coolest animation in the game.

Aside from Twisting Nether.

I really like Tree of Life. I'm a little surprised it doesn't see more play honestly. It's like the ultimate trump card against decks that put their threats out earlier in the game.

manhack

I really like Tree of Life. I'm a little surprised it doesn't see more play honestly. It's like the ultimate trump card against decks that put their threats out earlier in the game.

Hard to make it to turn 9 these days :)

The card was a lot of fun when I was messing around with Mill Druid though.

This might replace Abusive Sargent in face decks? Since it is permanent but costs more that means you can keep the minion around after you buff it. Bad when trading but good when you're smorcing. Seems especially strong in aggro paladin with all the divine shields.

I can tell you it has no place in Face Hunter. Abusive Sargent is great because it's 2/1 costs 1 and there's really not that much difference between the effect being permanent or temporary since your minions are meant to die anyways. This costs twice as much and is only 1/2, so it's useless in that deck.

For Aggro Paladin it could have a place, since with Divine Shield the minions are much more resilient, but it's still doubtful. I think the card is too expensive for such low stats.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
For Aggro Paladin it could have a place, since with Divine Shield the minions are much more resilient, but it's still doubtful. I think the card is too expensive for such low stats.

The cost and stats are fine. It's basically a more aggressive Shattered Sun Cleric.

The cost and stats are fine. It's basically a more aggressive Shattered Sun Cleric.

Well, Blessing of Might gives +3 attack for 1 mana. So you're paying 1 more mana for a 1/2 body and 1 less attack for the buff. Seems pretty expensive to me.

Sure, you'll say Blessing of Might is a paladin card and this is neutral, but that's irrelevant for the paladin deck considering whether or not to run this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom