• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, Blessing of Might gives +3 attack for 1 mana. So you're paying 1 more mana for a 1/2 body and 1 less attack for the buff. Seems pretty expensive to me.

Sure, you'll say Blessing of Might is a paladin card and this is neutral, but that's irrelevant for the paladin deck considering whether or not to run this.

Nobody is suggesting you'll remove Blessing of Might for this.

Ultrabum

Just play 2 mages. First one unstable portables an aucheni, and played healbot killing himself. Second one was freeze Mage and I had the turn 7 dream of doomhammer rockbiter rockbiter for 16 dmg lol.

Just had some priest play the 2/8 taunt on me. I silence it... went for face.

Next turn he gives it +2, then double HP then damage to match HP for 20/20.

>.<

Hey all.

Sorry if this has been asked already, does anyone know of a good guide I can read whilst on my lunch break with methods of getting caught up again in HS? The last time I played was just after Naxxrammus released, I have collected all the story/quest/adventure mode related cards and opened a few Naxx packs but nothing serious. I have missed GwG completely.

Guess I am just after a bit of advice on the best way to start getting caught up. I don't mind spending a bit of cash and understand its probably needed if I want to get anywhere anytime soon but if there is a order of priority or something I can follow to use my gold on and or play time that would be a good starting point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey all.

Sorry if this has been asked already, does anyone know of a good guide I can read whilst on my lunch break with methods of getting caught up again in HS? The last time I played was just after Naxxrammus released, I have collected all the story/quest/adventure mode related cards and opened a few Naxx packs but nothing serious. I have missed GwG completely.

Guess I am just after a bit of advice on the best way to start getting caught up. I don't mind spending a bit of cash and understand its probably needed if I want to get anywhere anytime soon but if there is a order of priority or something I can follow to use my gold on and or play time that would be a good starting point.

I kind of have a guide for this in the OP. Basically, spend real money on BRM first. Budget appropriately, buy in bulk when you can. I didn't mention Amazon coins in my video but I probably should have, as you save money that way.

Dahbomb

I figure I would kill it on next turn because I couldn't hit for 8 on that turn anyways. I could only hit for 6 so I figure go for face then on next turn play True Silver for 4 then finish the last 4....
Your play was right if you were playing a Face deck. It's very difficult to get through Deathlord with cheap minions. Yeah there is always the threat of him becoming a monster but you generally just bank on him not having all the combo pieces. This strategy only works at lower levels of play.

However, face decks getting punished for going face by silencing a taunt and ignoring the board is always karma. For every game you win doing that, there will always be some game you lose because you didn't trade.

I kind of have a guide for this in the OP. Basically, spend real money on BRM first. Budget appropriately, buy in bulk when you can. I didn't mention Amazon coins in my video but I probably should have, as you save money that way.

Oops, skimmed the OP a little too quickly it seems.

Thanks for that, will watch now.

Dahbomb

Oops, skimmed the OP a little too quickly it seems.

Thanks for that, will watch now.
On top of that I would just keep up with some Tempostorm article and start watching Trump's latest series on how to play certain decks. The decks that he showcases are the most powerful decks being played right now in the current meta. It's better to watch those videos now because those decks are bound to be a bit dated in the coming weeks due to the release of the expansion.

Tubie

tfw your opponent thinks you're playing Face Hunter and wastes their 2 owls on my early minions.

edit: Hunter's Mark into this Priests Deathlord gave me a Sludge Belcher on turn 3 lol. He never recovered from that.

Looking over the new cards again. Ancestral Knowledge makes me so sad. Just one less overload and I'd be jumping for joy. Maybe I'll run a Chromaggus Shaman with it to just to try it out...

Also I hope we see the Shaman legendary this week. Surely that won't disappoint.
Maybe.

Daigoro

i love facing an army of Mages whenever i start an arena run and never ever ever being offered one when i start a new run.

its fun.

i love facing an army of Mages whenever i start an arena run and never ever ever being offered one when i start a new run.

its fun.

What's even worse is starting a Mage run and then not getting offered a single Frost Bolt, Fireball, Water Elemental, Polymorph, or Flamestrike. It's like, why did I even fucking bother picking Mage? I could've made this crap deck with any other class.

Looking over the new cards again. Ancestral Knowledge makes me so sad. Just one less overload and I'd be jumping for joy. Maybe I'll run a Chromaggus Shaman with it to just to try it out...

Also I hope we see the Shaman legendary this week. Surely that won't disappoint.
Maybe.

New Shaman legendary:

6 mana 5/5. Gain +1/+1 for every pirate on the board, overload 3.

Zoggy

i suck shit at arena

i normally go 1-3 or 2-3 and then get a gvg pack.

first the time ever tonight i started out 5-0 then lost 3 straight to same badass warlocks and my gold reward was 35.

i think i'm just gonna grind gold by winning 3 games and doing dailies. i'm not good enough to profit gold wise from arena. i want to be able to buy some packs when TGT comes out.

bjaelke

Maybe.
86863e99.png

Or maybe better yet, a jousting effect that unlocks all crystals.

squidyj

Wouldn't work. Auchenai only changes your cards and powers that heal. Now giving them a Fel Reaver and then setting its attack to 1. That would be sweet.

this is 4 days old but I only just read it now. I think you misunderstood.

the priest is the opponent and he plays auchenai, as priests are wont to do. you then give him your mistress of pain, because you are running some sort of silly combo deck with mistress of pain and reverse mind control dude. Then mistress is his card and he becomes royally screwed when it deals damage.

zoukka

We need a shaman card that gets cheaper the more locked mana crystals you have. Cards suggested here are bad since you can't actually play them on curve.

Zoggy

minion thats 1/1 and costs 0 but can only be summoned if you have locked mana and gains 1/1 for every locked crystal

done.

i know nothing

CRS

Not seen is a Zombie Chow (on mobile, sorry for the full screenshot just kidding, first upload didn't work so I edited it on my tablet and reuploaded)
CMChU_oUYAAZYgU.jpg

I wish I could record games on mobile, I've been having a lot of fun (Yay, FUN) with this control deck. Been doing decent against a lot of popular decks (mainly aggro but some control too) Point of the deck is to mainly duplicate your main survivable cards: Sludge Belchers, Healbot, and to a lesser degree Illuminator (there are exceptions.) For example, I was able to duplicate my BGH against a Handlock. Made dealing with giants extremely simple. But if you're not paying attention you could end up Duplicating a Zombie Chow or a Mad Scientist.

One of my more memorable matches was against a Patron Warrior.

He has an empty board, I place a Healbot and Mad Scientist. I have 26ish HP.

He does his Patron + Berzerker combo, uses almost all of his spells, and is 5 damage off lethal. I only have my Mad Scientist left.

He kills it with a Patron, gets the necessary damage, but the fool gives me my Ice Block and after all is said and done, he procs it with me having 16 health left.

Next turn, I Flamestrike, wipe his board, continue to taunt and heal up, and he eventually concedes when I go back up to full health through my Illuminator. One of the most satisfying wins in a long time.

jgminto

I don't know if a cheap card that gets buffed by locked mana crystals would work. You'd probably never have more than 5 or 6 locked mana crystals so the card would have to be good enough that it's worth half of your Turn 10 while not being completely busted when played after a Dust Devil on Turn 2 or 3.

CRS

Why not make a 4 mana 4/4(ish) card that ignores Overloaded crystals?

Or introduce cards with the Ignore Overload ability. I'm sure this has been mentioned to death tho.

ViviOggi

Why not buff the key overload cards so they actually provide a valuable tempo gain against the currently played cards

Also there's a great card that benefits from overload already: Unbound Elem-
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

manhack

Cheers all

Looks like I didn't miss anything. Ancestral Communion might be the most exciting card yet.

Yeah 69/132 cards revealed. Lots of potential for some really good cards to be revealed. I hope we get release date and full card dump by this Friday.

jgminto

Why not make a 4 mana 4/4(ish) card that ignores Overloaded crystals?

Or introduce cards with the Ignore Overload ability. I'm sure this has been mentioned to death tho.

But that doesn't incentivise playing Overload cards. If they're good cards they'd be played in decks without Overload and if they're worse with playing on Overload crystals being the only advantage, they'd be thrown out with the rest of the bad Overload cards. That card example wouldn't be played because you could play something with Overload on Turn 3 then the 4 mana 4/4 on Turn 4 or you could play regular cards on Turn 3 and then Piloted Shredder on Turn 4.

Pooya

Playing patron, finally faced a brave player playing mill rogue on ladder, it's so scary when half of your deck is card draw then people say patron has no hard counter.... I still won.

I have both Dr. Boom and Grom in my deck, unlike most of the 'top' patron decks out there, those two won the game. I feel so much safer having that many win conditions, relying on just two berserker combo and patron isn't all assuring.

Is it just me, or is Astral Communion a really bad card?

If you draw it too late it is useless,but improving the chances to draw it by putting a second copy in your deck makes you put a useless card in your deck,as the second copy cannot be used (unless you get 10 cards instead of 10 mana crystal if you already have 10 mana crystals,like with wild growth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom