• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

any Canadians preordered the expansion? Says I can get it for $57 via iTunes on my phone. Not sure if that is CDN dollars or $57 USD

Is it just me, or is Astral Communion a really bad card?

If you draw it too late it is useless,but improving the chances to draw it by putting a second copy in your deck makes you put a useless card in your deck,as the second copy cannot be used (unless you get 10 cards instead of 10 mana crystal if you already have 10 mana crystals,like with wild growth).

It seems like a card that everyone thinks is interesting, but will not be run outside of the first two weeks of the expansion coming out

Szadek

Is it just me, or is Astral Communion a really bad card?

If you draw it too late it is useless,but improving the chances to draw it by putting a second copy in your deck makes you put a useless card in your deck,as the second copy cannot be used (unless you get 10 cards instead of 10 mana crystal if you already have 10 mana crystals,like with wild growth).
It's a card that will either work really well in a very specific deck,or not at all.

Pooya

"Whenever this minion attack your opponent's Hero, you will gain a coin into your hand."

http://imgur.com/TxIIWeq

I dunno....
TxIIWeq.png

It will probably die before giving you a coin though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's a 2-2.

Hmm. Card is neat but I don't think the extra health would have been too crazy. The gold version should look cool.

Pooya

if it was deals damage to enemy hero it could be very good. if it was hit with a weapon you still get a coin. it's an early threat but it's very easy to remove, fair card, I think it will see some play in oil decks or at least people will try. It's no mad scientist or shielded mini bot tier 2 drop.

Xanathus

Since it has to hit the hero, it's probably just gonna be an aggro Rogue card. I was thinking of trying that out but the problem with that deck is the lack of good card draw, most of them rely on Coldlight Oracles.

G.ZZZ

2/2 will almost never connect. Warrior will clear with weapon, every other class will trade, lock will darkbomb.

I mean, it COULD be worse but eeh..

jgminto

You will never get more than one coin unless your opponent is in a really bad position (and you probably won't need them to win in that situation) or you're playing a really dumb face hunter.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'm trying to think what ind of deck would want that card. Having a lot of coins makes me think miracle and control/combo but a 2/2 is simply too hard to protect.

Where this card makes more sense I think is in an aggro/tempo rogue that throws down lots of little threads and you will have to choose between using your removal on this or like a knife juggler. And if you happen get a couple coins that helps you dump your hand faster and keep up the pressure.

And if an opponent uses a 2 mana 3 damage removal on it, well, they were going to do that no matter what 2 drop you played

Duster

Oh right, add him to the pool of Shredder drops. He's a nice one.

It will go nicely with Archmage Antonidas, especially if you have a mirror image or stealth spare part to go with them. It could also pop out of an unstable portal too, or be manipulated by the faceless.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
2/2 that does nothing on the tun it is played is completely unplayable. See: Pint sized summoner.
While I'm not super high on the card for similar reasons, this is way better than pint sized summoner because it still has value in the mid/late game in a deck with sprint. If its like turn 8 and there is a pint sized then who cares. But if this guy racks up a few coins the rogue might be able to sprint and immediately dump their hand again. Even a single coin threatens the rogue being able to combo when they normally couldn't. Like oil can be super clunky if you don't have a dagger up and an extra coin solves all your problems that turn.

Pooya

It happens at times that your opening hand is so bad that you can't kill it. Zap-o-matic wins games like that even in some tournaments, now this won't win the game now but... err it's cool.

gutshot

That new rogue card is trash. No reason it couldn't at least be 3/2 or 2/3. It will never see constructed play.

It probably should have been a 2/3. It wouldn't have made a huge difference since it would still get Darkbombed, Quick Shotted, Frostbolted or War Axed. But at least it would survive hits from the Mad Scientist, Shielded Mini or Zombie Chow.

V-Faction

That's a cool card with a cool concept. Love the idea of a Burglar 'stealing' coins from the enemy hero. Are you a sneaky enough dude to pilfer Gul'dan pocket change? And it really mixes well with the Rogue playstyle of always needing a coin. Mind you, it specifies "Attack" and not "damages", so you do indeed have to one to be going face, not the other way around.

2/2 that does nothing on the tun it is played is completely unplayable. See: Pint sized summoner.

Literally the best comparison. Rogues get shafted again.

The difference between two and three health is huge. At two health it dies to pretty much everything that can be played on turn one and two.

Pooya

Charge would be too much, a guaranteed coin. But it's a thief, how come it doesn't have stealth? That would be a strong card and still fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom