• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the card says, '..this minion attacks,' hitting with a weapon won't give the Rogue a coin. Think Foe Reaver. Which is really sad because it's a cool card but it's just not going to live.

Who knows though, glad to see it exist at the very least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard thinking I'll play Aggrogue or Midrangerogue.

laugh.gif

Minsc

Gold Member
Charge would be too much, a guaranteed coin. But it's a thief, how come it doesn't have stealth? That would be a strong card and still fair.

Look at Mana Wyrm, when played turn 1 it almost always goes 1:1 (trading up, to as much as killing a 4 or 5 drop), or possibly can win a game in combination with a bunch of really strong spells / other cards. This is a 2/1 that can be played on turn 1 with a coin which would die to most anything after that. So you're trading it for a coin and doing 2-4 damage, but losing a card as it probably won't trade against another card.

Mana Wyrm works a lot harder imo, and would be a stronger card than this would even be if it were a 2/1 charge.

To make it 3 mana and stealth sounds pretty weak, you could probably leave it at 2 mana and make it 2/2 stealth with the coin ability (after all if you hit face to trigger it, you're not doing any trading and your opponent will likely get a 2:1 out of a minion they have on the board). Even then it'll still get beaten by Mage pretty easy, before even attacking while they buff their Mana Wyrm.

Mirimar

is Arcane Golem a terrible card?

Not if used in hyper aggressive decks where the goal is to kill them by turn 6 or before. I use it in a version of zoolock with Faceless just in case I need surprise 16 dmg burst. Also use it in Eboladin. It's common in many aggressive decks.

Raxus

I really like that rogue card and it is a much needed turn 2 play rogues needed.

You guys are way to cynical about certain cards.

this is 4 days old but I only just read it now. I think you misunderstood.

the priest is the opponent and he plays auchenai, as priests are wont to do. you then give him your mistress of pain, because you are running some sort of silly combo deck with mistress of pain and reverse mind control dude. Then mistress is his card and he becomes royally screwed when it deals damage.

You are right, I misunderstood.

is Arcane Golem a terrible card?

If you're thinking about dusting, don't. It's a fantastic finisher in aggro decks and sees a lot of play in constructed. I run 2 in my Face Hunter, usually as finishers.

You pretty much never play it T3 though.It's great at T5 when you're close to lethal or T7, since you can hero power and play a Quickshot or something else.

Cat Party

Arcane golem is a staple in any face deck. Best to save for turn 5 or 6, though, rather than on curve, to lessen the impact of the free crystal for the opponent.

Szadek

I really like that rogue card and it is a much needed turn 2 play rogues needed.

You guys are way to cynical about certain cards.
Not really,since the card is most likely not going to survive,which means it's just a 2/2 for 2.
You are better of playing Defias Ringleader if you really want a 2 drop.
I just opened two legendaries! Milhouse Manastorm and Nozdormu. They are both trash, aren't they?
Yeah. Nozdormu could be fun in certain decks or for some brawls,but if you still need other cards,you should dust both of them.

Szadek

What really confuses me is that when the expanstion was annonced it looked like TGT is supposed to be a tribal expansion,but we have barely seen support for ... well anything but totems.
I really hope that they are saving them to reveal them all at once or something like that.

Opiate

What would need to be done to make that card remotely playable?

If it were 2 mana? What if it were still 4 mana but had taunt?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What would need to be done to make that card remotely playable?

If it were 2 mana? What if it were still 4 mana but had taunt?

With taunt it might be too strong. It would REQUIRE a silence or you basically lose the game.

I think this kind of card with these stats as a 2 mana card might be playable. But with taunt it might be crazy good.

Opiate

With taunt it might be too strong. It would REQUIRE a silence or you basically lose the game.

I think this kind of card with these stats as a 2 mana card might be playable. But with taunt it might be crazy good.

I was thinking that even at 10 mana, 1/1 with taunt and that deathrattle is too strong. If your deck does not have silence, is that game basically over? Because I think it might be. You basically only have reach from that point on.

Xanathus

It's just to nerf Bane of Doom. This entire expansion is just a bunch of cards meant to nerf all the RNG cards they've introduced.

Opiate

It's hard to imagine them making Varian Wrynn a low end drop.

Mage card is Rhonin for people who don't know.

Is he important or something? I was one of those WoW players who skipped over every piece of lore because I found it so puerile and boring.

Malice215

Not that Warlock needs anymore good stuff, but I can't think of the situations where you'd spend 4 mana for a 1/1. Grim Patron will also thank you for having a 1/1 on the board. Then what 4 drops do you remove from your deck to fit that card in?

Maybe there's some Dreadsteed meta we don't know about yet, but lots of these cards introduced so far would be playable with a 1 stat adjustment, instead of being complete trash.

The Mage and Warrior legendaries look really good. Can't wait for their reveals.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The warlock card is really powerful but slow. In a slow deck if you play this on turn 4 and the game goes for 10 more turns, then this was 4 mana deal 10 damage distributed via pings. It's sort of like a sword of justice or shadow form where you lose tempo but gradually regain it every turn afterwards. The nice thing about this compared to something like shadow form is that you don't have to invest further mana into it.

Probably not viable in the current meta but in a slower one this is a quite powerful value card.

Opiate

I suspect I will be disappointed by the Warrior legendary if it's high cost. Warrior is not in need of 7/8/9 mana drop cards; it already has plenty of excellent choices for late game bombs (Ragnaros, Boom, Hellscream, Alexstraza, Nefarian, Geddon, etc).

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I really expect the warrior legendary to have taunt (or give taunt) given all the taunt synergy cards warrior is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom