• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I hope Rhonin is good, it can't possibly be worse than Flame Leviathan right? The class could use some new cool mechanic.

The only way that Warlock card could possibly see play is if they release a class card that has an effect from summoning demons. PO is good on it and synergizes well with Anima and any passive demon boosts (Malganis)

Also ya'll better vote for my boy Varian

Dreadsteed is simply a combo target, it's even a demon for all the crazy demon based buffs. People won't want to silence a 1/1 either, so it's an interesting idea.

Can't see it being used though but I do find it hilarious.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I suspect I will be disappointed by the Warrior legendary if it's high cost. Warrior is not in need of 7/8/9 mana drop cards; it already has plenty of excellent choices for late game bombs (Ragnaros, Boom, Hellscream, Alexstraza, Nefarian, Geddon, etc).
Other race leaders are 5/6 drops, so you never know (see: Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Gallywix, Baine/Cairne). Varian just seems like he should have a big card though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol weren't people here asking what a card like this would cost? Well there you go.

I swear to god I came up with this exact card some time ago and posted it here. I think I costed it similarly, but I made it a neutral legendary instead. But I think I made it revive at the end of the turn so you couldn't abuse it with Warsong Commander.

Opiate

This is a serious question now: if someone has a creature with taunt and deathrattle: summon itself, is there any way to ever get through that without a silence? I can't think of one. As in, a 9 mana 1/1 creature with these properties might still be too powerful.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is a serious question now: if someone has a creature with taunt and deathrattle: summon itself, is there any way to ever get through that without a silence? I can't think of one. As in, a 9 mana 1/1 creature with these properties might still be too powerful.

Recycle.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
You would need to give it stealth or immune somehow. If it was a beast you could give it immune but I don't think there is a way to give an opponent's minion stealth.
edit: nevermind, bestial wrath is friendly only

Could also cabal/mc/tech it.

Also in reference to your other question, when did you visit Stormwind? Early WoW? IIRC
Varian was missing at that time. He was enslaved but eventually broke out and returned

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm trying to imagine what kind of gimmick deck you'd run the horse in.

Presumably two horses, two anima golems, two void callers, Mal'Ganis, a bunch of taunt cards like argus and sunshield, two power overwhelming, some abusive sergeants...

However at this point I'm not sure why you wouldn't just run handlock instead which seems to do the same idea, but better.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'm trying to imagine what kind of gimmick deck you'd run the horse in.

Presumably two horses, two anima golems, two void callers, Mal'Ganis, a bunch of taunt cards like argus and sunshield, two power overwhelming, some abusive sergeants...

However at this point I'm not sure why you wouldn't just run handlock instead which seems to do the same idea, but better.
It's not powerful enough to build a deck around. But I would consider trying one of it in combo handlock. The kind that runs arcane golem/power/faceless. It gives you another good target for your power overwhelmings and the constant pinging helps bring them down into combo range. Also combo handlock can often have a hand full of cards it can't play and wastes mana so this gives you a pro-active thing to spend your mana on.

styl3s

I beat all of Naxx and before i go into Blackrock i planned on buying a 60 pack thing of Gnomes since i haven't played since the first wing of Naxx and i own about 98% of the basic set x2 (at least all the cards for the classes i play Warrior/Mage/Warlock/Hunter) i already pre-ordered the Grand Tournament since you basically get 10 packs free (40 packs = $49.99 on other sets)

My question is am i going to have to pull my leg off and buy more packs of Gnomes or is there a good chance of getting what i need to play competitively with at least a Hunter/Warlock and Mage deck. For today/tomorrow i just want to try to get through Blackrock.

Oh lord I just realized the dream vs Dreadsteed.

1) be a warrior facing warlock with this card out
2) Have warsong on board
3) Play Thermaplugg
4) kill dreadstead once
5) INFINITE LEPER GNOMES

gutshot

I beat all of Naxx and before i go into Blackrock i planned on buying a 60 pack thing of Gnomes since i haven't played since the first wing of Naxx and i own about 98% of the basic set x2 (at least all the cards for the classes i play Warrior/Mage/Warlock/Hunter) i already pre-ordered the Grand Tournament since you basically get 10 packs free (40 packs = $49.99 on other sets)

My question is am i going to have to pull my leg off and buy more packs of Gnomes or is there a good chance of getting what i need to play competitively with at least a Hunter/Warlock and Mage deck. For today/tomorrow i just want to try to get through Blackrock.

Most of the best cards from GvG are commons and rares, with the one big exception being Dr. Boom. So you will likely get nearly everything you need from that 60 pack purchase, yes.

has there been any date said publicly when the new expansion is going to launch?

ladder is pretty much unplayable unless you run an aggro deck like eveyrone else is and it's getting pretty stupid

Frenden

Banned
The best thing I can say about that Warlock card is that it gives you consistent targets for demon centric buff spells. Once it's on the board, you always have a place for those to land.

Is there a MMR (hidden rank) for normal matches? I'm trying to do these dailies on class that I really have no clue how to play and using basic 0 dust decks. Yet I keep running into these same ass decks I see in rank play. Damn near impossible to win!

Opiate

Is there a MMR (hidden rank) for normal matches? I'm trying to do these dailies on class that I really have no clue how to play and using basic 0 dust decks. Yet I keep running into these same ass decks I see in rank play. Damn near impossible to win!

Yes, there is a hidden MMR for normal, but it's separate from ranked and from what I understand drops/rises more rapidly.

Opiate

I hope Rhonin is good, it can't possibly be worse than Flame Leviathan right? The class could use some new cool mechanic.

I feel like Mage is already one of the most versatile classes available, from slow combo decks like freeze mage to faster rush decks like flamewaker mage to slow control decks like grinder.

styl3s

Most of the best cards from GvG are commons and rares, with the one big exception being Dr. Boom. So you will likely get nearly everything you need from that 60 pack purchase, yes.
Cool beans.

Can't wait to dive into the Blackrock stuff and Blackrock is like Naxx is that you only have to beat the bosses on normal (and do the class challenges) to unlock every card, right?

Opiate

Cool beans.

Can't wait to dive into the Blackrock stuff and Blackrock is like Naxx is that you only have to beat the bosses on normal (and do the class challenges) to unlock every card, right?

Yes, that is correct. The bosses are also really fun.

Duster

After a ridiculous Shaman vs Shaman slap fight in arena earlier today I want a Tavern Brawl where you're given a random 0 win arena draft from the day before. I doubt that's technically feasible for Blizzard but it would be great.

Auctopus

Potential of a 'Wee Spellstopper' in a Mage (Heading towards mechmage) control deck? I can see that its useful but in terms of synergy? Tempted by the 100 dust.

Why, this is interesting... Anyone else notice a difference with something here?
31k8Se3h.jpg
If you remember a week ago, I said it was odd that early was included, and here we are a week later. They must be watching!

As for the cards themselves;

I can see Wrynn being taunt related. It seems to be a new deck type they're promoting with Warrior. Or maybe he'll spawn one of each Alliance Human card! (Goldshire Footman, Stormwind Knight, Stormwind Champion, etc) I hope he's a 5 drop though, would be good for a mid-range Warrior.

For Rohnin, I would at first guess he'd give you spells but there is Spellflinger/Antonidas for that. Then there Kirin'Tor Mage and secrets but why play a late game Secret generator when you have Mad Scientist. It's hard for me to guess what he'd do. Maybe he'll generate a random spell when played that you're forced to use, haha. Play Rohnin into a Twisting Nether.

Jrmint

I thought the leader of the humans was a child? When I visited stormwind, there was a child on the throne. Is that anduin? Why is Anduin now a grown up priest?
He grew up, he's about the age he is in Hearthstone for the new expansion that was just announced.

I think he was on the throne during one of the expansions when Varian was off fighting in a war, maybe Cataclysm? Not sure which one.

Oscar

Question: I play almost exclusively Control Warrior. Coming back from a break pre-GvG, should I DE a golden Rag to craft Dr Boom?

With emperor on it, it's OTK! nerf please

Isn't that a OTK even without the Emperor?

You just keep hitting Dreadsteed with the Gnomes, they'll die and you deal 2 damage to the opponent's hero. Just repeat 15 times. I wonder if you have enough time on your turn to pull it off though.

1000+ wins in Hearthstone and today I used statistics tracking software (Trac-o-bot, reads the HS log file in hard drive) for the first time. I don't know why I waited so long to use this. It's absolutely incredible to see the win statistics vs each class etc. Really brings into spotlight what each deck is good for. Especially useful in determining the value of custom decks, since netdeck statistics can be found online.

Opiate

Question: I play almost exclusively Control Warrior. Coming back from a break pre-GvG, should I DE a golden Rag to craft Dr Boom?

Absolutely not; Rag is still played quite frequently.

Be patient. My suggestion is this: get GvG packs for the next few months. You'll get most of the important GvG cards after 60ish packs. With the dust you acquire, make Dr. Boom. I strongly caution patience in this case.

Opiate

Isn't that a OTK even without the Emperor?

You just keep hitting Dreadsteed with the Gnomes, they'll die and you deal 2 damage to the opponent's hero. Just repeat 15 times. I wonder if you have enough time on your turn to pull it off though.

You can't get All of it down in a single turn, though. Without emperor, you would have to have Mekgineer Thermplugg already on the board.

You can't get All of it down in a single turn, though. Without emperor, you would have to have Mekgineer Thermplugg already on the board.

I see. The original post indicated the Warsong was already on board. I see what you mean though, you need Emperor for it to be a OTK from an empty board.

1000+ wins in Hearthstone and today I used statistics tracking software (Trac-o-bot, reads the HS log file in hard drive) for the first time. I don't know why I waited so long to use this. It's absolutely incredible to see the win statistics vs each class etc. Really brings into spotlight what each deck is good for. Especially useful in determining the value of custom decks, since netdeck statistics can be found online.

I had no idea that was a thing. Will try it out for sure. Also I think the netdeck statistics aren't all that accurate some of the time, plus some very minor variations (like 1 or 2 tech cards) can have a huge effect on a single match-up. Like Tempostorm seems to be convinced Face Hunter and Aggro Paladin are 50/50, yet in my case it's well over 80/20 at rank 7. Which specific flavor of deck you're using makes too much of a difference, so I think it's way better to track the statistics myself.

Luckily I have only about 150 wins, but I would have liked to know about it sooner, so thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom