• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

embalm

It's a bit weird Wrynn is a card for a class which almost entirely about horde related cards.
Anduin has Vol'jin the current war-chief of the Horde, so it's only fair.

All the classes have cards that don't match their in-game alliances. Valeera wouldn't work with the Defias rogues for example.

gutshot

For those curious, this was Varian Wrynn in the WoW TCG.

King_Varian_Wrynn.jpg

Oscar

It's a bit weird Wrynn is a card for a class which almost entirely about horde related cards.
I'd say roughly 50% are Horde, about 30% Alliance, and 20% are Neutral/Subjective.

It's good that they are adding more Alliance cards to the Warrior class, especially now with Magni as an alternate hero.

Absolutely not; Rag is still played quite frequently.

Be patient. My suggestion is this: get GvG packs for the next few months. You'll get most of the important GvG cards after 60ish packs. With the dust you acquire, make Dr. Boom. I strongly caution patience in this case.

Will do, thanks.

FeD.nL

Probably won't happen but it would be fun and fit the flavour if Rhonin would allow the boardstate to go back a turn or something. For example when you had a decent board and it gets wiped and then you draw an Echo of Medivh. Play Rhonin > get the minions back till the end of turn and Echo of Medivh them.for example. Assuming Rhonin is 5 or 6 mana.

Tacitus_

Blizz has no goddamn idea what to do with warlock cards.The 3/4 that damages your face? Bad. Demonfuse? Horrible. Dreadsteed? Also horrible. Would be cool if it worked differently and it retained buffs, or procced Hobgoblin.

Raxus

LOL the voted card. That is what all you assholes get for voting warlock.

I hope all your cards are garbage this set. See how that feels.

CoolOff

Will the distribution of cards be equal for all classes? For example, we're gonna get 2 epics, and for some classes 1 minion has been revealed and for some a spell, will we definitely get 1 of each for all classes?

Shaman has all its commons revealed, with 2 minions and 1 spell.

Man, I really want one of the three cards left for Druid to have Beast-synergy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Blizz has no goddamn idea what to do with warlock cards.The 3/4 that damages your face? Bad. Demonfuse? Horrible. Dreadsteed? Also horrible. Would be cool if it worked differently and it retained buffs, or procced Hobgoblin.

More like they think Warlock is powerful enough with the cards currently available and they don't want to make it too dominant. This has basically been the case for Druid since the original release (thanks Force of Nature/Savage Roar!), and since Warlock has about 3 decktypes that work well (Handlock, Zoo and Demon/Malygos Lock), I'm fine with them not getting anything that special. Sucks for people playing only Warlock, I guess, but I'd rather there not be 'hunter-like' ubiquity for any one class. Sadly, I don't think the Hunter ubiquity will be going away, though :(

EDIT: Wait do people not know that cutpurse has that meaning? Do I just read too many fantasy novels and think that this was common knowledge?

gutshot

Will the distribution of cards be equal for all classes? For example, we're gonna get 2 epics, and for some classes 1 minion has been revealed and for some a spell, will we definitely get 1 of each for all classes?

Shaman has all its commons revealed, with 2 minions and 1 spell.

Man, I really want one of the three cards left for Druid to have Beast-synergy.

Not sure what the distribution will be in terms of minions/spells but I do know that all the classes will get an even distribution of commons, rares, epics and legendaries with the exception of Hunter which reportedly will received two legendaries.

Tacitus_

More like they think Warlock is powerful enough with the cards currently available and they don't want to make it too dominant. This has basically been the case for Druid since the original release (thanks Force of Nature/Savage Roar!), and since Warlock has about 3 decktypes that work well (Handlock, Zoo and Demon/Malygos Lock), I'm fine with them not getting anything that special. Sucks for people playing only Warlock, I guess, but I'd rather there not be 'hunter-like' ubiquity for any one class. Sadly, I don't think the Hunter ubiquity will be going away, though :(

It's not like this is a new occurrence. Succubus and Pitlord from the vanilla set are also horrible cards. Blizz wants to put in drawbacks for the warlock cards and they tend to go overboard and just make them horrible. It's a damn miracle that GvG had only good cards for warlocks.

CoolOff

Not sure what the distribution will be in terms of minions/spells but I do know that all the classes will get an even distribution of commons, rares, epics and legendaries with the exception of Hunter which reportedly will received two legendaries.

Yeah, I was basing it on the Reddit-spreadsheet.

Man, I can't wait for the mega Facebook-drop in a week or whatever.

gutshot

Yeah, I was basing it on the Reddit-spreadsheet.

Man, I can't wait for the mega Facebook-drop in a week or whatever.

Oh OK.

I don't think each class will get an equal number of minions or spells at each rarity level, if that is what you were wondering. It wasn't that way for GvG, so I doubt it will be for TGT.

Santiako

I wonder if it will be something like Feulen and Stalag for Hunter if they ate getting two.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh OK.

I don't think each class will get an equal number of minions or spells at each rarity level, if that is what you were wondering. It wasn't that way for GvG, so I doubt it will be for TGT.

Yeah in GvG each class got 2 commons, 3 rares, 2 epics, and a legendary.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dreadsteed is one of the slowest cards possible. In a very slow deck a card like that would pay dividends. I think the issue is that the card is for warlocks. Their hero power means that they don't really want to play the slow game. Maybe in arena it is better because having an infinite ping is worth more. Almost like having a free mage hero power every turn.

I'm trying to imagine what kind of gimmick deck you'd run the horse in.

Presumably two horses, two anima golems, two void callers, Mal'Ganis, a bunch of taunt cards like argus and sunshield, two power overwhelming, some abusive sergeants...

However at this point I'm not sure why you wouldn't just run handlock instead which seems to do the same idea, but better.

Darksteed. Next turn baron and trade.

Follow up with argus or sunfury and eventually malganis and sea giants.

With faceless, it is a fun counter to patron.

I think it could work. I call strong card.

It was a 4/3 demon though. Which is an important distinction.

I guess they're trying to make something like a Suicide Black deck from magic. Cheap beefy minions that also hurt yourself. Demonfuse seems truly horrid, but in a deck like that it might be a thing (in addition to the one that buffs +2/+2 and can also deal damage to an enemy, not instead of it).

It could become a new archetype and it's one of the decks I used to play eons ago when I played Magic, so I'll certainly try to make it work when the new set comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom