• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I want to know what kind of voodoo Trump is using to get so many people to watch his boring ass stream
I feel like Hearthstone doesn't have much going for it when it comes to quality personalities who stream. In that sense it's sort of...who else do you watch? Strifecro is the only guy I really like.

Biff

#blessed

omyWD7U.jpg

CoolOff

Lol I looked over some flavour texts, something I've never actively done before. A few favorites:

Soul of the Forest: "Reforestation" is suddenly a terrifying word.

Dark Wispers: Don't worry, we fired the person that named this card.

Quick Shot: Han shot first.

gutshot

I feel like Hearthstone doesn't have much going for it when it comes to quality personalities who stream. In that sense it's sort of...who else do you watch? Strifecro is the only guy I really like.

Kibler and Lifecoach are really good too.

Kibler and Lifecoach are really good too.

I don't get to watch him now since the timezone switch, but I'll stand up for Kripp.

His streams are entertaining and his videos great to watch. Especially if you are interested in arena, you can waste some hours watching him play.

The culprit is Warsong Commander.

It has ALWAYS been Warsong Commander.

They said they are going to nerf it (or at least considering it). This would be the 2nd time they nerfed Warsong Commander.

It's initial incarnation was "give your other minions charge". Yes it could give ANY OTHER MINION charge! This was incredibly broken with Molten Giants.

Then they changed it to its current form.

I just had a warsong commander eliminated during his turn and the minions still kept the charge. What kind of crap is that? That's just as bad as the frothing Bezerker starting at 2 attack & keeping his charge once his attack is at 18. It sucks to dominate a game and lose in 2 turns cause of these damn loopholes.

Savjz and Kibler for me mostly if I just keep something on in the background. Reynad for the salt. ADWCTA for the arena-skills.

Grats! What classes?

Hunter/Druid.

I play mostly Aggro Paladin in ladder, and my first 5 arenas were like Paladin/Mage and was averaging 2-3 wins every time.

johnsmith

remember me
What's the origin of clown fiesta? That's the one hearthstone streamer meme I don't get other than its something Forsen says when he's salty.

Lol I looked over some flavour texts, something I've never actively done before. A few favorites:

Soul of the Forest: "Reforestation" is suddenly a terrifying word.

Dark Wispers: Don't worry, we fired the person that named this card.

Quick Shot: Han shot first.

My favorites -

Bolvar Fordragon - Spoiler alert: Bolvar gets melted and then sits on an ice throne and everyone forgets about him.

Ancestors Call - Hey! Ancestors!

Crackle - Snap! This card! Pop!

Vanish -

Resurrect - I walked into the dungeon and noticed a slain adventurer. In his final moments, he had scrawled out a message in the dust on the wall beside him. Two words: "rez plz"

Hemet Nesingwary - It's hard to make a living as a hunter in a world where beasts instantly reappear minutes after you kill them.

Cairne Bloodhoof - Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don't put this guy in a Warrior deck. It's pretty insensitive.

Dahbomb

I just had a warsong commander eliminated during his turn and the minions still kept the charge. What kind of crap is that? That's just as bad as the frothing Bezerker starting at 2 attack & keeping his charge once his attack is at 18. It sucks to dominate a game and lose in 2 turns cause of these damn loopholes.
The charge buff is permanent once its activated.

Also seeing a bunch of Control Warriors putting Deathlords in their decks to counter the heavy aggro. I got free wins on them with my Handlock.

I lost turn 5 today to aggro Paladin. A severe beatdown to the say the least. Coin Juggler, Juggler, Muster for Battle, Wolfrider + Blessing of Might and then another Wolfrider Blessing of Might. I had no answers of course.

CoolOff

My favorites -

Bolvar Fordragon - Spoiler alert: Bolvar gets melted and then sits on an ice throne and everyone forgets about him.

Ancestors Call - Hey! Ancestors!

Crackle - Snap! This card! Pop!

Vanish -

Resurrect - I walked into the dungeon and noticed a slain adventurer. In his final moments, he had scrawled out a message in the dust on the wall beside him. Two words: "rez plz"

Hemet Nesingwary - It's hard to make a living as a hunter in a world where beasts instantly reappear minutes after you kill them.

Cairne Bloodhoof - Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don't put this guy in a Warrior deck. It's pretty insensitive.

lol @ Resurrect.

Yea after playing arena I think I really like slow, control style more. But no dust... >.< like 1 month in.

I've been playing since beta and I can assure you that playing Standard right now is worse than getting stabbed to death in an alley way. Each match is quicker too. I'm just done with it for this month. I'll wait until I can play something that doesn't involve hitting my opponents face over and over.

What cards is everyone excited for that have been revealed so far? I think there are several I really like.
Nothing to specific in mind just yet, depends what I get on release day. I do want to try to get a Miracle Warrior going for laughs but I'm not sure how far that'll take me. There's also Malygos Druid too but that doesn't seem as fun.

CoolOff

What cards is everyone excited for that have been revealed so far? I think there are several I really like.

For various reasons the ones I'm really excited for are:

Darnassus Aspirant, Living Roots, Savage Combatant, Tuskarr Jouster, Eadric the Pure, Lock and Load, Holy Champion, Burgle, Alexstrasza's Champion, Tournament Medic, the twins, and all the Shaman totem synergy-cards.

Not bad, that's 15/71 that I rate as 8+/10 on my personal excitement-scale.

Tuskarr Jouster. Anything that helps me beat aggro decks. I have a dream for a deck that only loses to bullshit aggro draws once every four games.

jgminto

Ancestral Communion is the most exciting because it seems like it will potentially lead to a totally new deck.

It's difficult to judge the Inspire cards on their own because they'll likely only work when grouped together and there are obviously other deck parts we haven't seen yet but if I were to list all the cards I'm interested in trying so far it would be:

Injured Kvaldir
Living Roots
Flash Heal (Could be fun in some sort of Velen/Auchenai burst combo deck)
Wrathguard
Fallen Hero
Druid of the Saber
Darnassus Aspirant
Lock and Load
Warhorse Trainer
Silent Knight
Light/Darkbane
Effigy
Savage Combatant
Maiden of the Lake
Holy Champion
Dreadsteed
Crowd Favorite
Astral Communion
Tuskarr Jouster
Shado-Pan Cavalry (Would be interesting to see if it worked in some sort of tanky Control Rogue)
Mulka's Champion
Wilfred Fizzlebang
Kodorider
Justicar Trueheart
Coldarra Drake
Eadric the Pure
Aviana
Anub'arak (Might also be ok in tanky Control Rogue)

I liked burgle til I saw it was 3 mana, not 2. Seems like a weaker thoughtsteal. But it is still interesting as a spell as opposed to nefarian since you can actually plan to use those cards you get the turn you cast it. It probably slides right into mill decks but I'm thinking midrange or control personally. In a control deck those extra resources can really help, especially if a game is going long. And well, thoughtsteal has been pretty standard in priest forever so burgle must have some net benefit as well.

Gadgetzan jouster, Eadric, ancestral knowledge, druid of the saber, shadow pan-cavalry, anubarak, argent horserider, argent watchman (can't attack until inspire), flame juggler, savage combatant, coliseum manager (inspire: return to hand, interesting), totem golem, tournament medic...

I could go on, there are a lot of interesting cards in the set imo.

Raxus

Ranking up in the higher ranks can be frustrating because you run into the most random bullshit.

No wonder everyone plays hunter for consistency when leveling up.

CoolOff

I think double Shadowform is something that's really overlooked as a viable Emperor-combo. I'm outvaluing Control Warriors quite easily, and the Vol'jin combo is so freaking powerful.

He should be flying out of those ranks. I don't accept any excuses.
laugh.gif

It is inevitable that you lose a couple, but the winrate, consecutive win bonus, and the mere fact that each rank is only a couple stars...

Xanathus

He should be flying out of those ranks. I don't accept any excuses.
laugh.gif

It is inevitable that you lose a couple, but the winrate, consecutive win bonus, and the mere fact that each rank is only a couple stars...

It's also somewhat apparent that Kripp is pretty bad at constructed play, he's playing straight into common removals like Execute. Also his deck is trash.

I think double Shadowform is something that's really overlooked as a viable Emperor-combo. I'm outvaluing Control Warriors quite easily, and the Vol'jin combo is so freaking powerful.
Don't forget the Mind Spike>Shadowform>Mind Shatter combo for 5 when you desperately need it. When it comes together, Shadowform can do some serious work.

Edit: We already hit 100% for the card vote, so we'll be seeing both on Wednesday!

Thinking about Dreadsteed, guess Warlocks will never get charge cards that activate because it would create the easiest infinite ever.

Speaking of charge, won't Dreadsteed be the greatest Patron enabler card of all time, lol

CoolOff

Don't forget the Mind Spike>Shadowform>Mind Shatter combo for 5 when you desperately need it. When it comes together, Shadowform can do some serious work.

Edit: We already hit 100% for the card vote, so we'll be seeing both on Wednesday!

The dream is healing for 2 -> Mind Spike -> Mind Shatter. Happens sometimes with Emperor.

Dahbomb

He's stopping ranked at 18, never legend boys.
Pretty sure he only played rank to get the Warlock daily quest.

Plus the deck isn't very good either. It's just a form of Midrange Zoolock featuring Floating Watchers, Bombers and Blingtron.

The only time I expect Kripp to attempt ranked again is after TGT and even then I expect him to play some crazy deck, get a few wins going and then stop after he loses twice in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom