• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Even with Battle Rage in the deck... Grim Patrons use like 8 other cards for draw.

Most of the past days of playing I have seen Grim Patrons even use Shield Blocks (which has made it tougher to judge if they are using Control Warrior or Grim Patron).

So they are using double Slams, double Shield Blocks, double Battle Rage, double Gnomish Inventors and double Acolyte for card draws. Like it's impossible for Grim Patron to retain any form of consistency if they used just Battle Rage in their decks.

Battle Rage isn't the culprit here when it's merely just a part of the draws of the deck. You are still going to get one shotted even if they nerfed Battle Rage.

V-Faction

New card revealed on a Korean tournament stream.
Ancestor%27s_Call%2812218%29_Gold.png

Icehowl, meet your best friend.

635748699654542477.png

Blizzard heard about us joking about patron legendaries so they actually went and made a patron epic

Wow, that feels exactly what they did. Stealin' our jokes!

Malice215

This season has been really tough for me trying to get to 500 wins with Druid. I wish I could spend hours trying to grind on ranked. I got about 30 more wins to go, then I can play other decks.

If they revert the change that they made to Warsong, or make minions who go over 3 attack lose their charge, that would be fair. I don't want to see it nerfed out of playability, nor should they nerf other cards that never saw play until Grim Patron was released.

They could nerf Dr. Boom, but it doesn't change the fact that most 7 drops suck so bad that there's no downside to playing Dr. Boom on turn 7, even with BGH. Hopefully the expansion bring more options for turn 7 with Inspire that are decent.

Ultrabum

I agree completely? It's still a 7 mana minion though doesn't matter when you play him.

I don't know what people are on about Shaman. Sure it's not the best class, but it sees plenty of play at high rank and has at least 2 effective deck archetypes.

Priest on the other hand is nothing but trash and I never see it played.

When I was keeping stats, shaman was 3% of my opponents.... It is by far the least played, and almost absent rank 5 and up.

There's a reason no one plays it too, the class sucks.

The best shaman deck is probably mech, which prays to god it draws all mechs and no shaman cards rofl.

Edit:
Some stats from Google, http://hearthstonechampion.com/meta-snapshot-rank-5-to-legend/

Shaman is 2.5% of rank 5 to legend rofl.

Raxus

So this update isn't to introduce the Grand Tournament expansion?

Fuck man, I want to open that 50 pack!

August 24th man.

I wonder if they are gradually rolling it out so they aren't slammed when it hits but I doubt Blizzard is that forward thinking.

Phawx

This season has been really tough for me trying to get to 500 wins with Druid. I wish I could spend hours trying to grind on ranked. I got about 30 more wins to go, then I can play other decks.

If they revert the change that they made to Warsong, or make minions who go over 3 attack lose their charge, that would be fair. I don't want to see it nerfed out of playability, nor should they nerf other cards that never saw play until Grim Patron was released.

They could nerf Dr. Boom, but it doesn't change the fact that most 7 drops suck so bad that there's no downside to playing Dr. Boom on turn 7, even with BGH. Hopefully the expansion bring more options for turn 7 with Inspire that are decent.

I've been spreading my wins out. So far I have Shaman done. Warlock is almost done. and all other classes are at 100+

Ultrabum

Welp, with another shaman card revealed without totem synergy I think the totem shaman dream is dead. What a worthless tribe. There's only the shaman legendary and 1 epic left.

I guess the new tgt shaman will be super heavy slow late game with frost Giants. Perfect for this aggro Meta, Kappa.

That card is at least pretty good value.

Werd

Cool card, some anti-synergy with Overload is probably why it has such upside.

That thoughsteal Auchenai potential value though.

Yeah I can see running one Healing Wave as well. Even if you lose you get 7 health and 14 is just a crazy amount. Nice card, certainly better than Vitality Totem and now Shaman probably doesn't have to run Healbot.

V-Faction

First reaction: Heal Wave is cool.

Second reaction: ...but that's it for our spells, eh? No extra Totem synergy, no wacky and cool cards like Echo in Mage, or straight up broken cards like Unleash or Quick Shot. Just [Card Draw], [Weapon], and [Healing], eh?

Third reaction: But I suppose it was needed. Shaman, despite being a healer class, had zero ways to properly heal. Vitality wasn't fast enough and Healing Totem wasn't strong enough.

G.ZZZ

FOURTEEN health is pretty insane, it's tree of life level pretty much, at 3 mana i see a lot of shamans running one as an emergency button vs face hunter. Even without joust, it's only 1 life less than healing touch.

Also for nerfs, Boom 7/5, Scientist 1/2 (less valuable for pure aggro), warsong become an aura effect giving minions with power 3 or less charge.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I thought about it some more and it's not that bad. Shaman usually plays mid-high cost guys and their biggest weakness is getting overrun by aggro.

Maybe 1 of in totems.dec

Well, control shaman is potentially back on the table. That is something people cited for why shaman cannot effectively play control, although tbh if healbot didn't make it happen, I'm not sure if that will either. The potential to spring back to full health from a losing position against hunter (which is usually around 15 hp in my experience) is incredible.

But you have to ask yourself if healbot is better because the 3/3 body counts around 2.5 mana, and the heal for 8 counts about 2.5 mana. So healbot heals about 3.2 hp per mana and this heals 2.3 or 4.6 hp per mana. Keeping in mind that there is no over heal benefit so vs control it is probably much worse than healbot, a card already kinda weak vs control. Vs aggro/tempo it is clearly better than healbot, in terms of healing output and healing value. Still, healbot is a body and serves to help fight for the board or absorb additional damage.

I think it will be played. And if aggro is diminished (looking like a strong possibility due to the cards we're getting), it could be phased out vs a control meta. I wouldn't mind seeing a control shaman. In fact the strength of hex makes that possibility very very likely imo.

ViviOggi

I thought about it some more and it's not that bad. Shaman usually plays mid-high cost guys and their biggest weakness is getting overrun by aggro.

Maybe 1 of in totems.dec

The thing is you'll only get a reasonable chance at hitting the joust against hyper-aggro. Even the heavier Shaman lists are leaning towards midrange with garbage minions like Chow, Creeper, Flametongue and Egg.

I mean it's worth giving a shot but I'd most likely rather just run Healbots
if I played this anti-fun class that is

Pooya

It's still a healing and could work really well in no overload decks, I think that's fair. One more class specific heal is good to see. Now about Rogue, Mage and even Hunter.

iirate

So, seeing as the balancing patch should hit sooner rather than later (I've been told they usually hit just before expansions), what cards do you think should be hit with the nerf stick?

I think they should:

For sure:
Warsong commander
Battle rage
Emperor Thaurissan
Mad Scientist
Dr Boom
Piloted Shredder

Maybe:
Muster for Battle
Knife Juggler

This is all based on my limited experience with the game though.

My picks:
Warsong Commander - either increase the cost by 1, or change the effect to an aura affecting 3 or lower attack minions. I still honestly think Patron could adapt without Frothing as a win-con.
Mad Scientist - draw the secret instead of drawing and playing it. Still makes the Scientist a powerful minion, but it doesn't disproportionately affect the secret classes anymore this way, and gets a deserved nerf. I'd rather secrets become viable on their own merits.

On the fence:
Emperor Thaurissan - I think changing his trigger to start of turn would still make Emperor an interesting and viable card, while future proofing it a bit.

I agree completely? It's still a 7 mana minion though doesn't matter when you play him.

I don't know what people are on about Shaman. Sure it's not the best class, but it sees plenty of play at high rank and has at least 2 effective deck archetypes.

Priest on the other hand is nothing but trash and I never see it played.

Bruh I consistently get to rank 10 with Priest. It's the troll class of the game and I relish that fact. Beat a Mage to the punch and drop her thoughtstolen Antonidas, shrinkmeister a Ysera and steal it with cabal. Crazed alchemists, shadow madness, young brewmaster, recombobulator combos galore. It's the most fun class of the entire game.

Ultrabum

Friendly reminder that all joust cards suck with overload minions. Earth elemental will lose to popular 5 drops like loatheb despite really having 8 cost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's okay. Overload sucks anyway so you never wanted to play Earth Elemental in the first place.

Szadek

Pretty good anti aggro card.

Now only the shaman legendary is missing.Unless that card is some really awesome totem support, totem shaman isn't happening.
That's ok,though because the some of the cards are good enough to get played anyway.

Pooya

Even with overload it's unlikely to lose the joust against aggro paladin or face hunter and similar. That's its point and I think it will do the work well enough. On the chance it works against some other deck, great. It's still 7 health if it doesn't.

I think a shaman deck with frost giant, molten giant, sea giant, totems, weapons and this spell could still work, it's not necessarily anti synergy.

Ultrabum

Nobody is playing Earth Elemental

I would play earth elemental in a crusher shamen ancestral call healing wave deck with frost Giants and other big joust minions. Except it has the anti synergy with joust.

I'd run the new super slow weapon too, hit shit with my face heal for a billion.

I feel like the deck could almost work, but it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom