• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

I have bad news for you, crusher shaman has always be garbage
hush.gif

That's not news to me, I know its terrible. Which is why I don't understand why people are excited about a shaman heal, its not going to work in any shaman deck lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The idea of a lot of these cards seems to be moving the game more toward a mid-range vs. control meta while notably lowering the effectiveness of pure face decks.

Jousting is something that's going to work very well against decks that are running a whole ton of minions at 3 or less, but it's going to be much more of a gamble against standard curves unless you're notably top heavy.

Bruh I consistently get to rank 10 with Priest. It's the troll class of the game and I relish that fact. Beat a Mage to the punch and drop her thoughtstolen Antonidas, shrinkmeister a Ysera and steal it with cabal. Crazed alchemists, shadow madness, young brewmaster, recombobulator combos galore. It's the most fun class of the entire game.

It might very well be, it's just not very competitive at the moment. I think Shaman does much better. Last night in 9 matches, 3 were Shaman at rank 8 and I lost all 3! Nerf Shaman.

Dreavus

Good video in the link. His point about rarities makes a lot of sense, I could see a lot of rare:commons being flipped without a lot of issue, which would boost up some classes in arena by making those cards more available. I remember people were talking about that as a solution to Mind Control:Holy Fire before the mana cost change.

Also the point about arena features is pretty good when you think about it. No stats, can't spectate drafts or rewards... it's kind of like arena has been left behind as stuff gets added.

Raxus

The idea of a lot of these cards seems to be moving the game more toward a mid-range vs. control meta while notably lowering the effectiveness of pure face decks.

Jousting is something that's going to work very well against decks that are running a whole ton of minions at 3 or less, but it's going to be much more of a gamble against standard curves unless you're notably top heavy.

The upside being the better joust cards not being completely useless if you lose joust. Healing Wave, Tuskarr Jouster and Master Jouster being a handful of examples.

Dahbomb

I don't know about "saved" but that card is excellent.

By itself it's basically a Healing Touch which isn't too bad. Shaman needs the healing more than Druids and Healing Touch still gets used in Fatigue Druid.

What makes this card really good is that even if you lose the Joust you are still guaranteed some amount of heal (unlike that Paladin card) and if you win the heal it's OVER THE TOP. That's the best heal in the game period... not even Alexstraza healing you from 1 health compares to this.

Now THIS is the type of anti aggro card that I like. Just because Shamans may not use this card right now doesn't mean this card won't see play in the future. It's a much needed reliable heal for the class. Thank god for no overload as well.

squidyj

I went 2 seasons without playing at all so I've fallen into like rank 23 and now I'm just beating up on poor kids who run mogu'shan warden and shit like that :(

gutshot

I don't know about "saved" but that card is excellent.

By itself it's basically a Healing Touch which isn't too bad. Shaman needs the healing more than Druids and Healing Touch still gets used in Fatigue Druid.

What makes this card really good is that even if you lose the Joust you are still guaranteed some amount of heal (unlike that Paladin card) and if you win the heal it's OVER THE TOP. That's the best heal in the game period... not even Alexstraza healing you from 1 health compares to this.

Now THIS is the type of anti aggro card that I like. Just because Shamans may not use this card right now doesn't mean this card won't see play in the future. It's a much needed reliable heal for the class. Thank god for no overload as well.

Except is exactly like Alex healing you from 1 except you get an 8/8 body for 6 mana out of the deal too.

V-Faction

Spell Damage won't work with it, but who's to say there isn't some yet unseen new card that boosts healing.

Maybe Control could be a thing.

Dahbomb

It's interesting to see how a card like that would be absolutely broken in a Priest deck.

Just like Mindblast would be broken in Hunter.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always thought it was dumb how Spell Damage didn't work on healing.

They should rename it to Spell Power and extend it to healing. That'll give Priest a much needed boost and more Priest = slower games.

Dahbomb

Kripp explains why TGT cards look mediocre right now (and may not end up being so).

Basically the same reasoning for why that Healing Shaman card could be good. It doesn't fit it into any existing Shaman deck but it would be great in a slow, control heavy Shaman deck. Though I would argue that the Healing card is just straight up good because it covers a very important weakness of Shaman which is survivability.

Should also be noted that the healing card actually synergizes really well with the Jousting mechanic because it's a spell card as opposed to being attached to a small minion.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Good video in the link. His point about rarities makes a lot of sense, I could see a lot of rare:commons being flipped without a lot of issue, which would boost up some classes in arena by making those cards more available. I remember people were talking about that as a solution to Mind Control:Holy Fire before the mana cost change.

Also the point about arena features is pretty good when you think about it. No stats, can't spectate drafts or rewards... it's kind of like arena has been left behind as stuff gets added.
I hope adwcta can stir up enough response to make a difference but people have been calling for rarity changes to improve arena since forever and blizzard doesn't care. Most people wanted fireball/flamestrike to be rares instead of common so that they can still keep their power in constructed but remove the times you just get flamestriked 3 times in arena and lose.

I can't imagine arena makes much/any profit so it doesn't surprise me to see it get neglected. I also kind of don't expect that to change. If anything I expect blizzard to come out with a different drafting format with different rules and a higher cost of entry to be their 'pro' drafting format that they put effort into and charge for to make money on and leave arena as 'have fun with a bunch of random cards and who cares about balance' mode.

gutshot

I hope adwcta can stir up enough response to make a difference but people have been calling for rarity changes to improve arena since forever and blizzard doesn't care. Most people wanted fireball/flamestrike to be rares instead of common so that they can still keep their power in constructed but remove the times you just get flamestriked 3 times in arena and lose.

I can't imagine arena makes much/any profit so it doesn't surprise me to see it get neglected. I also kind of don't expect that to change. If anything I expect blizzard to come out with a different drafting format with different rules and a higher cost of entry to be their 'pro' drafting format that they put effort into and charge for to make money on and leave arena as 'have fun with a bunch of random cards and who cares about balance' mode.

I would understand that line of reasoning if they hadn't introduced Tavern Brawl. Brawl is now the 'have fun with a bunch of random cards and who cares about balance' mode. Arena should be given more serious consideration by Blizzard.

iirate

Except is exactly like Alex healing you from 1 except you get an 8/8 body for 6 mana out of the deal too.

If you need to heal back up from 1, most of the time I'd rather save the 6 mana to try and get back in the game some other way(taunt, removal) than on a vanilla 8/8, which is likely too little, too late. Upgraded Healing Wave + Belcher or a board clear or something may not be.

Alex is a great card, but I don't really see her fitting in shaman or comparing to Healing Wave in shaman decks without some huge meta shifts.

FeD.nL

I'm kinda liking where Shaman is going. I mean Shaman can now really go for a control style deck I feel. Just use the low level spells they have to get there, fill your deck with the 5+ minions and with healing wave you should be able to take it late. And the drawback on ancestral knowledge won't be that bad later on.

Phawx

this is the first time i've ever seen someone play kidnapper

Gallywix and Kidnapper are essential for mill rogue.

6 ways to sap. 5 ways to give them cards. 6 ways to stop them from touching face. 2 ways to heal. And some oil with the chain whip.

edit: just beat a face hunter with mill rogue. Got very lucky with my abomination.

V-Faction

Kripp explains why TGT cards look mediocre right now (and may not end up being so).

Basically the same reasoning for why that Healing Shaman card could be good. It doesn't fit it into any existing Shaman deck but it would be great in a slow, control heavy Shaman deck. Though I would argue that the Healing card is just straight up good because it covers a very important weakness of Shaman which is survivability.

Should also be noted that the healing card actually synergizes really well with the Jousting mechanic because it's a spell card as opposed to being attached to a small minion.
Indeed, that is what I ascertained as well. The card, by not being a minion, does not itself cause you to potentially lose a joust (like Gadgetzan Jouster might). The more spells, the more focused your minions can be. Likewise with Weapons. Yet another reason why Healing Wave synergizes with Charged Hammer, Powermace, and Doomhammer. The card represents a pillar on which Shaman can stand and contribute its existing sources of healing (Heal Bot, Vitality Totem, etc.) towards rather than having to rely solely on them.

Auctopus

Matched up with 4 legend card backs in a row. Destroyed.

Edit: buying the TGT card back increases RNG. Unconfirmed.

Unable to measure my salt right now. Cobra shot as last card into kill command lethal.

squidyj

If you need to heal back up from 1, most of the time I'd rather save the 6 mana to try and get back in the game some other way(taunt, removal) than on a vanilla 8/8, which is likely too little, too late. Upgraded Healing Wave + Belcher or a board clear or something may not be.

Alex is a great card, but I don't really see her fitting in shaman or comparing to Healing Wave in shaman decks without some huge meta shifts.

also you might need that healing before turn 9.

Lol, decide to experiment with some different Shaman decks in casual to try out some new things.

Face Hunter, Face Rogue, Face Hunter, Tempo Mage, Eboladin.

Hearthstone sure is great.
Fuck this meta.

Auctopus

Indeed. I only ever played ranked and losing with silly constructed decks I have and getting "I'm sorry"'d brings the rage.

I'm gonna continue to play my constructed/control decks in the meta until the last three days when I will just face hunt for 3 days straight. Yes, the "sorry" or "well played" are very frustrating.

ViviOggi

Ran into this Wailing Soul ROGUE with Ogre Brutes and Arguses today, yeah rank 12 is still double digit shenanigans but what the fuck

Did Kripp play this on strim or sth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom