• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
okay shaman is gonna be my main come the expansion

28 heals from two cards + x2 Sludges + x2 Tazdingo

Bring on the aggro

Bring it

Sooooo, I haven't played since before Naxx released, don't have tons of cards, don't know the current meta at all, and decided that buying the $50 pack was a good idea. So my question is, what the hell should I be doing? Thanks in advance for the help.

johnsmith

remember me
Sooooo, I haven't played since before Naxx released, don't have tons of cards, don't know the current meta at all, and decided that buying the $50 pack was a good idea. So my question is, what the hell should I be doing? Thanks in advance for the help.

Best investment of gold/money is Nax and BRM

Kettch

okay shaman is gonna be my main come the expansion

28 heals from two cards + x2 Sludges + x2 Tazdingo

Bring on the aggro

Bring it

The problem with Shaman, as always, is being able to draw enough actual good cards to beat non-aggro decks when you have so many low value cards in there to beat aggro. You can play Shaman right now with double healbot and crush aggro, but then you end up with those in your hand against control or burst and you're screwed.

That's why I'm not too happy about the heal card. I think control Shaman rests more on whether ancestral knowledge is playable or not.

JesseZao

Finally hit 500 with warrior. I think I'll keep Magni as my Dragon Warrior (although he'd make more sense as patron) and the rest will be Flaming Garrosh.

It does feel bad that there isn't some sort of "paragon" grind one you max a hero. Even something only you see on your client would be welcome.

sibarraz

Banned
Well arguably the game will be released in 2 more weeks.

Don't know if buy the 50 packs, but at least I had like 1670 gold and 600 dust.

The only card that I will think will be used in most decks to justify his crafting is that one that improve your hero power

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There is no indication that mind control causes summoning sickness on the card. The fuck is this shit.

I'd say that seems fine based off the text since only charge minions would still trigger immediatly, while Shadow Madness is unclear since it actively gives charge even with the flash effect.

Using a Warlock deck with Mistress of Pain in it. Really like that card a lot. Gets a sneaky amount of value as it's fairly awkward to trade with in the early game. Buffing it with Demonheart is also pretty ridiculous.

Also glad I'm having success with something that isn't Handlock or Zoo. Hopefully this deck will keep performing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I tend to prefer the term "fatigue" over "mill" when it comes to decks using fatigue damage as the win condition. "Mill" decks bring to mind the pre-GvG mill decks that actually aimed to make your opponent actually discard all their stuff. Their win condition was deleting any of the key cards that a control deck might need as a win condition. So you make a Handlock discard all their giants or you remove Alexstrasza or Grommash out of Control Warrior.

Fatigue just stalls and stalls and stalls while accelerating how quickly you get to fatigue damage by forcing you to play your hand as quickly as possible. It's a different archetype.

Kettch

Man, 10-1 arena mirror match against a Paladin with Cairne, Sylvanas and Dr. Boom. I have no idea how I won. 3 consecrate carry I guess.

95% of patron warriors above rank 5 are terrible

Like I win almost every game I play against them. I had to let one guy get 3 draws off of his turn 3 acolyte and he still lost. And I'm playing control priest which is slow as balls when it comes to clocking him.

Raxus

95% of patron warriors above rank 5 are terrible

Like I win almost every game I play against them. I had to let one guy get 3 draws off of his turn 3 acolyte and he still lost. And I'm playing control priest which is slow as balls when it comes to clocking him.

I often see patrons wasting their game winners early on needlessly and I wonder why. The deck is so capable of surviving long enough for bigger swings.

If anyone is bored, I'm gonna stream for a bit. I'm new to streaming so I could use some pointers but I'm 9-2 right now and trying for my 3rd consecutive 12 win run!

http://www.twitch.tv/daemissary/profile

You done fucked up your last game man.

BashNasty

Hearthstone players would have a stroke if they saw competetive magic.

Not doubting you at all, just honestly curious: in what ways does high level Magic differ from Hearthstone? I realize that's probably a really, really dumb question, but I know nothing about Magic.

Alex, Black Knight, Harrison Jones or Ysera

Or save dust for the expansion

Or maybe Antonidas since I've been playing mage lately

I already have Boom, Sylvanas, Ragnaros............. Mukkla and Iron Juggernaut

Dahbomb

Hearthstone players would have a stroke if they saw competetive magic.
Or competitive Yugioh. Especially back in the day YGO.

Hearthstone is rather tame compared to other TCGs but of course you can't really compare it to other TCGs, you have to compare it within it self.

All things considered Hearthstone is actually decently balanced as far as TCGs go.

Raxus

Save dust. Wait for the meta to form and get cards you will need. Those 4 will be waiting. Out of the four Harrison and Ysera should probably be the first to craft after you get all the TGT cards you need.

Or maybe Antonidas since I've been playing mage lately

I already have Boom, Sylvanas, Ragnaros............. Mukkla and Iron Juggernaut

Personally I would wait until all the cards are revealed before making a decision.

Also wouldn't bother crafting The Black Knight right now. The meta doesn't really call for it.

The others you listed very much depend on what deck you want to play. They're all good but right now the one you'd get the most use out of right away would probably be Harrison as it's a tech card that can fit into quite a few decks pretty seamlessly.

Save dust. Wait for the meta to form and get cards you will need. Those 4 will be waiting. Out of the four Harrison and Ysera should probably be the first to craft after you get all the TGT cards you need.

Really? I was leaning towards Alex

Guess I can wait 2 weeks

Raxus

Really? I was leaning towards Alex

Guess I can wait 2 weeks

Allow me to explain, Alex is nice for only a handful of decks and even then he is getting played less and less in favor of Ysera. The only place I see him consistently played is Freeze mage so I bumped him down. Ysera seems to be pretty common in control and won't get hit by BGH which fluctuates in and out of the meta. Both aren't high priorities. TBK has been deemed way too slow for this meta and has fallen off completely. It was nice when used for a druid now it isn't so hot even with sludge belchers literally everywhere and druids all run combo anyway (the ones worth any salt at least).

Harrison will always be valuable. It is currently in rotation in the meta with Grim patron warriors and will probably always find a use in the future too. Hence he topped my list.

Harrison above all else. Then craft Ysera or Alex. Ignore TBK unless taunts come back in a BIG way and the only way I can see that happen is Master Jouster is better than I give it credit for.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy fuck, Patron Warrior is scary. Just started getting into Hearthstone proper recently, and finally played one in ranked. Was 30 HP and he had 5 HP, then all of a sudden I'm at like 3 HP and the board is full of absurdly strong minions. Still won, but only by a hair - think my Sludge Belcher and Loatheb are the only reasons I won that match.

But god damn.

Damn.

So he's going to act like an idiot and try and prosper one dollar at a time? That's...sad

Wait, did he fuck-up his hair on purpose?

Now he's dropping the n word over and over on stream, this is ridiculous

Also, this was posted about a day ago:

Luminosity Gaming ‏@LuminosityGG 21h21 hours ago
We're handling any issues related to Applejacked's stream tonight, internally. We apologize to anyone who was offended. TY for understanding

I find his stream entertaining again. He is a bit out there now, it is interesting.

Edit:
I think there is no way this is just an act. He is just way too committed. I think something happened in the last year and he is just a different person who isn't gonna put up with people hating who he is.

Was he dropping the n word all over the place last night?

He isn't dropping the n word, he is dropping the slightly estranged sibling n word -"er" +"a".

So yeah? I guess? I really don't know how twitch handles their policy but if they didn't ban him last night...

I really don't condone it but I'm not about to impose my sense of morality over the use of a word used over the stream that isn't even being used in the context of racism. Just cause someone says a word doesn't make the act racist nor even necessarily hate speech. It is how words are used and it is by far race neutral usage. I choose not to use the word here even just referring to it because I don't want to risk a ban of any sort, but to refer to it wouldn't be a racist act.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Remember folks, always clear the minions against rogues!

squidyj

nothing can induce rage in me like a bad arena draft.

just literally never having the tools I need to deal with a board state. it saps my will to live.

I had an arena draft where I ended up with 3 freezing traps on Hunter. LoL I think i induce a lot of salt into a few people cause in 3 games I actually pulled all 3 in the first 15 cards.

Loomba

Is Tempo Mage considered poor form? because I just made one and I'm wrecking people.

Currently 9-1 (the one was a patron ofc).

But then twitch chat last night was lumping it with facehunter and aggro pally.

Zoggy

nothing can induce rage in me like a bad arena draft.

just literally never having the tools I need to deal with a board state. it saps my will to live.

how about getting mad scientist in the beginning then NO SECRETS the rest of the draft goddamnit fts

Haunted

Ok, so what's everyone's favourite card from the new set that has been unveiled so far?

Is Tempo Mage considered poor form? because I just made one and I'm wrecking people.

Currently 9-1 (the one was a patron ofc).

But then twitch chat last night was lumping it with facehunter and aggro pally.
Which version?

There's variations with Mechs and Antonidas, or Flamewakers and Arcane Missiles.

Just checked in on Applejacked (because I can't watch that garbage for more than few minutes):

The stream is still going, but it's unlisted
His stream is currently titled: Ruining my life - Frodan
He's been dropped from Luminosity gaming
A vast majority of the curious watchers have left, he's back to around 900 viewers
He's still rank 13 like 3 hours later

Yoshichan

21-8 with my mid range hunter so far. Started with 9-0 :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom