• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would rather inject my asshole with warm glue rather than playing more of that brawl.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Silence a demon seems terrible. But maybe someday there will be enough demons with ongoing drawbacks that it becomes worth it?

It seems like a card that could only ever be played in warlock where you want to use it on your own demons. And it has to be a warlock deck, with demon buffs, that is so tempo based that you can't afford the stat/mana loss from playing an owl or spell breaker.

But yet has to not care much about taunt either and so would never care to silence the opponent's taunt to push face.

That seems... slightly narrow of an application.

gutshot

My prediction for the TGT release timetable:

Aug. 14 - Blizzard reveals all or most of the remaining cards during their Twitch stream and officially announces that TGT will release on Aug 24. Image dump of cards later that same day.

Aug. 18 - TGT patch goes live. New cards are added to the client, but still not playable yet. New features, such as the ranked rewards, and any bug fixes or balance changes are live immediately, however.

Aug. 19 - Tavern Brawl for the week is revealed to be pre-made TGT decks for all 9 classes.

Aug. 24 - The Grand Tournament releases. Packs can be purchased and opened.

Xanathus

It hasn't even been a month since brawl started right? I knew from the very start that it was a huge waste of resources for them and now they're suffering it for it and having to put out repeats.

Razakin

It hasn't even been a month since brawl started right? I knew from the very start that it was a huge waste of resources for them and now they're suffering it for it and having to put out repeats.

First brawl was out June 17th, so next week is 2 month mark.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
who said I was getting eye for an eye?

well, I got it for my tavern brawl reward. While everyone else got Black Knight, Millhouse, Gazlowe and Deathwing.

always lucky

Heropon

I suppose I can't complaint about this week card pack. Everything was new with two rares and an epic even if they were a bit underwhelming. It has reminded me of how many shitty neutral rares there are. Still waiting for that Blade Flurry, but I suppose I'll have to craft it if I want to touch Rogue again at this point.

About the brawl itself, it was the one that happened when I couldn't play this so it's nice to being able to experience it. I felt that the matches were too slow and thanks to the mechanic the battlecry minions went from great to "ughh, why this minion?" in this. In the end I won by counterspelling an Arcane Intellect and winning the card advantage wars and I think I'm not playing much more of this.

V-Faction

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._card_revealed_by_blizzard_taiwan_translated/

Name: Holy Knight
Mana Cost: 3
Attack: 4
Health: 3
Text: Battlecry: Silence a Demon.

lol

If you need to silence your own demon, you'd just use Owl.

Might've been cooler if they introduced a way to "Banish" the demon instead which involves Discarding the card rather than Destroying, Transforming, Recycling, or Silencing. Think of Nesingwary, but instead of triggering a Deathrattle through destruction, the card is discarded to the graveyard, thereby triggering nothing (unless it specifies otherwise).

We're talking about a Tribe-only effect here, why not make it somewhat unique?

My brawl opponent, a Rogue, thought he was on to a great idea by letting me extend on the board (as Hunter) then popping Vanish to clear my minions and leave a six drop. Unfortunately, the minion was summoned before the spell was cast, so it went straight back to his hand. Instantly left the game.

Malice215

"Silence a demon" might be the most hilariously situational card text in Hearthstone so far.

3 Mana 4/3 is pretty strong, though.

I don't think so in constructed because you're giving up a deckslot for a card that's going to lose to a 2 drop, so you really need to get decent value out of it and to justify playing it over a IGB if you don't have one.

But ultimately we won't know until all the cards and changes have been revealed. Who knows, maybe demon horsies become a problem where you'd include that card and save your owls to silence other things. One thing that I do believe is that there will be an increased premium on silences with the inspire mechanic, stronger minions outside of BGH range, and no new silence cards introduced outside of Holy Knight thus far.

It's probably meant to be used on your own demons, like the 4/3 one that does damage to your hero when it takes damage. 2 4/3 at T5 seems decent.

That was my initial assumption because in any other case, you'd just use an owl. It's a piece worth considering if people do decide to build a deck around Wrathguard. I feel that a 1 stat adjustment would make HK worth playing, but right now it falls into the mediocre bucket with much of the TGT set until the rest of the cards are revealed.

Rockyrock

4/3 is way worse than 3/4.

Mage and Pally both have 3 mana 4/3 that never see play and that's a pretty big factor why.

at the end of the day too situational imo. also the majority of demons you want to 'silence' if youre playing warlock are battlecry minions so this wont help.

I think it would be cool to see a minion that silences your demons battlecrys or something along those lines.

How ridiculously out of hand does Demonlock have to be for you to run Holy Knight?

I can't imagine that ever happening unless Warlock needs to silence their own demon or something.

Magnus

Here he is:

8uWtY49.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only friendly demon you'd ever want to silence is Wrathguard and the text is way too specific to be used against an opponent. I mean, sure it is decent against imp gang boss and Voidwalker but its not THAT big of a swing. I'd rather just run spellbreaker or owl . you'd only run a card like that if tournaments had a sideboard.

A 4/3 is okay in arena, I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I just want a neutrla : "Destroy an Enemy's secret"
Thats all Blizz. Blizzy pls

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just want a neutrla : "Destroy an Enemy's secret"
Thats all Blizz. Blizzy pls

Dont listen to this man. Fix the root of the problem. Nerf Mad Scientist. Then the secret problem resolved itself.

Not only did Warlocks get some bad cards, but they are even giving all other classes tech against them! (I'm pretty sure this is more for the silly pun than anything else. Gave it interesting tech just because)

New Legendaries should be up soon, who's excited?!

gutshot

I think his text is more about the flavor of being a Holy Knight than anything else. Don't think it is meant to be played competitively.

Pooya

Not only did Warlocks get some bad cards, but they are even giving all other classes tech against them! (I'm pretty sure this is more for the silly pun than anything else. Gave it interesting tech just because)

New Legendaries should be up soon, who's excited?!

Rhonin prediction:
5/5 body 6 drop

Battlecry: Put a copy of all the spells you played this game into your hand.

That would be balanced I think... no duplicates, only one of each.

Xanathus

I think the intention of Holy Knight is for Warlocks to silence their own demons because it's too niche otherwise, but there aren't enough Demons with negative non-battlecry effects at the moment. It fits what I think Hearthstone's card design method which is to just generate cards randomly without balancing it to be good or bad, and then just nerf it if it has an obvious overpowered use.

Opiate

Rhonin prediction: freeze all enemy minions. Put a fireball in your hand.
Wrynn prediction: deal 1 damage to all minions. Give your grim patrons +2/+2.

jgminto

Varian seems like an amazing Control card. There are quite a few ways to get Archmage ammo already so I don't know if Rhonin is worth it.

Are those real?

Guess I was wrong about ten mana minions being like Deathwing in scale. I guess Varian is the leader of the Alliance, that must mean something. Now we can see Varian and Garrosh being best friends!

Both look playable, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom