• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Something I don't care all that much about, but was wondering what the hell happened: Alternate Hero's. Magni, Alleria, and Medivh were released in JUNE!! What happened to the others?

Japanese version leaked Liadrin (Paladin) Tyrande (Priest) and Maiev (Rogue) but that was months ago, so who knows. Blizzard has been slower then shit for years now, on all their games.

Dahbomb

It took them years to add more stash space to Diablo. Before it didn't matter much more cause most items were garbage but now every class has like 80+ items that they can use and need to be stored. Not nearly enough space for that.

The HoTS team seems to release balancing patches all the time and are on a pretty regular schedule with new hero reveals and releases. I guess they are the abnormality

That's the one caveat, HotS is pretty on point. Hopefully Overwatch will be as well.

Nah, the HOTS team just announced they're months away from implementing many basic features that are available in most other MOBAs at launch... and HOTS has been out fir a while now. I play and enjoy HOTS, but they're just as slow as the rest of Blizzard in many aspects.

Something I don't care all that much about, but was wondering what the hell happened: Alternate Hero's. Magni, Alleria, and Medivh were released in JUNE!! What happened to the others?
I will straight up pay $$$ for an Undead Warlock avatar.

Hell, why aren't there Undead at all?!

1. A re-balance. Cards rotated into the classic pool, Naxx is free, BRM is half off, cards buffed, cards nerfed.

2. Arena re-balance. Tacked on to #1, Blizzard needs to just make separate Arena rarities. Keeper of Uldaman is the best example I can think of, it's an adventure card, meaning the rarity doesn't really mean shit, so it has NO business being a common.

3. Swifter response to patching, and a public test server. On some level I can appreciate Blizzard taking a hands off approach for a while on cards that may seem overpowered but come the fuck on. Mad Scientist and Dr. Boom have been out for a year, Mysterious Challenger and Paladin in general is running rampant and playing the most OP minion on curve destroys nearly all tactics. A Public test server would be good to actually get people playing these cards before sending them out into the wild. Note this doesn't mean cards should be hamstrung when nerfed, but this IS Blizzard, so that'll never happen.

4. Better rewards, arena and constructed. Self explanatory, even with chests you don't have a lot of incentive to grind up ladder and I'm sure we've all gotten to 10+ wins arena to be handed 200 dust and some coins.

5. Tavern Brawls. Stop repeating, or if you are going to repeat, stop repeating shitty ones. Make deck building brawls have every single card available for use rather you own them or not, this is supposed to be the fun mode right? Also, for the love of God, just ban certain cards for certain brawls so they can be playable beyond one strategy.

6. Mechanic reworks. Specifically thinking of deathrattle, silence, charge and joust. First three for being too damn good and the third for being too bad. I am unsure how to go about this, but charge has been a problem a lot of nerfs (Leeroy, Warsong, Charge + Giants) and existing cards like Force of Nature. Deathrattle promotes vomiting high value minions like Shredder and Haunted Creeper on to the board that are obscenely hard to remove and trade well, leaving few options for swift and easy removal. Less of a problem with the Undertaker nerf though. Silence is, well...I don't think they ever intended silence to be used to drop a 2/1 that will negate any massive taunt. Joust is bad. You play a Joust card to get a slightly better version of an existing card (Gadgetzan Jouster -> Zombie Chow, Master Jouster -> Sunwalker) on success but a strictly worse card on failure. Healing Wave, Tuskarr Jouster and King's Elekk are the only joust cards I have seen see any sort of play at all, and even then they are hardly worth it. Joust needs to either have the person who initiated the Joust win on ties, or simply do the joust again.

Shout out to secrets because I always thought they were a stupid mechanic but Mad Scientist and Mysterious Challenger made them so much worse

7. Nozdormu. Either fix this piece of shit or remove him from the game. As is, he is an allowed exploit.

8. Animations. Tacked onto Nozdormu, some animations take WAY too long. You could make the argument this could have held back Patron, but the old Patron is long gone.

9. Death Knight. Because Death Knights are rad, and there's nothing that would fuck the meta up into a state never before seen then throwing in a new challenger.

10. Shaman. Do I even need to explain

11. Ladder. Its bad. A new player at Rank 20 can run into a Control Warrior farming golden portrait, who they cannot even be expected to beat.

12. Deck slots. This meme was never funny. I just want more deck slots.
I'm tired, but I just wanted to say thanks for this list. :)

Dahbomb

Blizzard can release patches really fast if they want to. When Diablo is in PTR they release patches really fast but once season is up they don't patch until the season is over.

HS used to be patched frequently and it was honestly fine back then. Though they did went overboard swinging around UTH and I guess after that they eased off when the game launched.

Pooya

From their comments there is a lot of stuff coming up, I get the impression that they are holding to these to somewhat relaunch the game. New deck slots in a redesigned new UI (they keep saying we want to do it right etc) and the major changes to the game that we know they exist now (Strifecro is on NDA, Brode has been open about it that they're working on it). Last patch came out early Dec and covers until end of Feb. Maybe that's the last patch for the old version and we get HS 2.0 for March, one can hope.

The other thing I noticed is that Amaz announced ATLC season 2 starts in January, that obviously hasn't happened. Obviously if there was going to be a major change to the game in middle of a year long event like ATLC it would be problematic. So maybe he's waiting until after HS2.0 is out. I don't think it will be too long before we hear something.

Dahbomb

I can't believe none of the pro players have leaked something regarding this (anonymously of course). Some of them are under NDA which means they have been play testing the new content.

Now I am nostalgic for fake leak cards.

20150303032621a0e192nnxbl5kyrv.jpg

Apathy

playing perfectly, having a mage in kill range, and going from full health to half and then dead cause of alexstrasza, fuck I hate that card.I'd rather see 100 games with doctor boom being used than even one with alexstrasza

Dahbomb

In my ladder experience this month, not a single Dr Boom was sniped with BGH.

Aggro Shaman, Hunter, Paladin, Mage, Priest, Zoolock... none of them were holding BGH.

playing perfectly, having a mage in kill range, and going from full health to half and then dead cause of alexstrasza, fuck I hate that card.I'd rather see 100 games with doctor boom being used than even one with alexstrasza
This is why I wish the game had interrupt and defend phases.

Also, Secrets are a stupid card type.

Apathy

This is why I wish the game had interrupt and defend phases.

Also, Secrets are a stupid card type.

Well it's more that certain cards are just way too strong with their effects and don't seem to be toned down. No way that even as a 9 mana cost Alexstrasza should heal be able to heal up to 14 hp or do up to 15 hp in damage plus have an 8/8 on the board your opponent now has to deal with. Similarly MC, a 6 mana 6/6, sure, seems ok but then the value is that he can put up to 5 mana's worth of secrets on a paladin without that paladin having to deal with the RNG of finding them or the mana requirements to put them up. The body the card leaves behind shouldn't also be a pain in the ass if the effects they have are borderline game breaking.

Secrets are stupid but I do like the mindgames and strategies they can introduce. Mysterious Challenger is dumb and there's no question about that, but damn do I feel godlike when I manage to play around all 5 of those secrets and beat that son of a bitch.

Pooya

Even if they did, immune is basically a worse divine shield.

It's basically a much worse argent protector.

I looked up to see how immunity interacts with vaporize (yeaaah), and apparently your minion still dies. It's the most pointless effect in the game.

My ranked rewards have all been garbage. So far I've pulled Sea Reaver X2, Stable Master, a second golden Confuse (the first one came from a pack), Earth Elemental, and Quarter Master. Quarter Master is the only good card in that list and I already had two of them. At least the dust is nice.

It doesn't have to be a keyword similar to taunt and divine shield in those instances.

"Your hero cannot take damage when attacking"

"Your hero cannot take damage."

Animated_Armor%2827252%29.png

Well, don't expect consistency. Poison isn't a keyword, is only on three minions and yet has a symbol below the portrait.

bjaelke

Well, don't expect consistency. Poison isn't a keyword, is only on three minions and yet has a symbol below the portrait.

When they eventually realize that the core system needs an overhaul they'll have the opportunity to fix that. Consistence/wording is something they've previously addressed, so they're aware of some of the issues.

Got a golden Mysterious Challenger in my end of season reward so here's hoping I can turn that into any legendary by the time the next expansion rolls around.

Laddering with a control/combo deck is so unrewarding compared to aggro/midrange, games are twice as long and more skill-intensive, i hope Blizzard will do something about it.
Secrets are stupid but I do like the mindgames and strategies they can introduce. Mysterious Challenger is dumb and there's no question about that, but damn do I feel godlike when I manage to play around all 5 of those secrets and beat that son of a bitch.

Playing against secret paladin >

Playing as secret paladin >

Pooya

speaking of mind games, I once kept repentance against druid played it turn 1 then juggler. Next turn he coin innervated Loatheb. lmao, he never recovered from that. secret paladin is a good deck guys, he brings all these mind games to the game!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Current Paly deck I finally settled on towards the end of last month. Fluctuated between Rank 3-5 for the final half of the month depending upon the day.

Ran some experiments and settled on this for a few reasons. I like the 4 taunts as it can help me stem the tide of aggro or losing to Druid combo. I like Sylvanas for a good legend card that is sub 7 mana. Experimented with KT, but to inconsistent. Also prefer Sylvanas over Loatheb as people tend to vomit minions vs spells these days.

I also dropped the 5th secret that makes a minion 1 HP. It makes playing Priest harder, but I see priests waaaayy less than other classes. Subbing it out for more minions just worked out better.

Hardest matchup is probably Shaman actually. If they get their unlock mana crystal card they can go face, and then finish me with that 5 dmg spell even if I have taunt up.

ViviOggi

Current Paly deck I finally settled on towards the end of last month. Fluctuated between Rank 3-5 for the final half of the month depending upon the day.

Ran some experiments and settled on this for a few reasons. I like the 4 taunts as it can help me stem the tide of aggro or losing to Druid combo. I like Sylvanas for a good legend card that is sub 7 mana. Experimented with KT, but to inconsistent. Also prefer Sylvanas over Loatheb as people tend to vomit minions vs spells these days.

I also dropped the 5th secret that makes a minion 1 HP. It makes playing Priest harder, but I see priests waaaayy less than other classes. Subbing it out for more minions just worked out better.

Hardest matchup is probably Shaman actually. If they get their unlock mana crystal card they can go face, and then finish me with that 5 dmg spell even if I have taunt up.
No Vanilla, you're the aggro

Xanathus

I really hope the next expansion is something other than an adventure or card pack expansion, the overall game is really stale at the moment.

Top Bottom